Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

15 hours ago, golfertrb said:

I went into more detail in the Z STAR and Z STAR XV Review thread but I shot a PB 61 today - including a 29 on the back nine! To say I was in "The Zone" is an understatement. I was playing at Lincoln Park West and I needed to birdie 17 and 18 for a 29 on the back. I hit 2 Crossover on 17th tee - middle of the fairway. I had 132; hit 9 iron to about 15ftt and jarred the putt. Now I'm really feeling the juices flowing. I hook my 3 wood on 18 but I only have 117 left but I'm in a birds nest of a lie in the Bermuda rough. I hit pitching wedge to about 12 feet setting up a perfect uphill putt - never a doubt.

... Truly an amazing achievment. Most professional on the PGA and LPGA have not shot 61's. Congrats!

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

2 hours ago, russtopherb said:

I love kids like that. There’s a course I play in RI that always has a group of them on one of the holes that abuts a neighborhood and I always make sure to have an extra $5 in my pocket to grab some balls from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the Baltimore City courses I've played, on a few of the blind dogleg holes, you'll never find your ball in the fairway.  Those "enterprising" kids takes the ball before you get to it in the fairway and try to sell you your own ball...

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

19 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Not sure how old/young you are but I'm 40 which means I was a kid in the 80's. I couldn't have been more than 8 years old when I remember selling baseball cards on the street corner, going door to door soliciting lawn mowing/edging services and lugging my dad's lawn mower and hedge trimmer all over creation in the summer.. and Snow shoveling in the winter (Utah/Wyoming). Had a 4 a.m. paper route when I was 12 in Fresno and worked PT at 15 1/2 with a work waiver signed by my folks and all through HS. As far as I was concerned, this was normal kid stuff and didn't see things any other way.. I just scratch my head at most kids these days.. Even more sad is that they scratch their head at me wondering why I even did a thing called "work".

The kids on the golf course working to improve a family garden are definitely a rare breed these days

... Good to hear  youngsters are still hitting it hard. 66 and I started out selling flower seeds door to door, progressed to TV Guides then a paper route waking at 5am and delivering before school. And of course mowing lawns with a push blade "mower". My Dad was in the Army and Mom stayed home taking care of 3 kids and we were dirt poor. Literally a dirt yard on the Army base. If I wanted to buy anything for myself I had to work to get it. I love seeing kids working at young ages as it teaches them the value of money, something many take for granted today. 

Edited by chisag

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, chisag said:

. I started out selling flower seeds door to door, progressed to TV Guides then a paper route waking at 5am and delivering before school. And of course mowing lawns with a push blade "mower". My Dad was in the Army and Mom stayed home taking care of 3 kids and we were dirt poor. Literally a dirt yard on the Army base. If I wanted to buy anything for myself I had to work to get it.

Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

..and you try and tell the kids of today that! 

They won't believe you! 😉

😂

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

9 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

..and you try and tell the kids of today that! 

They won't believe you! 😉

😂

House? You were lucky to live in a HOUSE!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Absolutely thrilled with my round tonight - not because of my score, but because for the first time in nearly 2 years my back was free of pain/discomfort/tightness. My swing felt much freer tonight and I hit tee balls well, hitting 5/6 fairways (still only 3w off the tee). I was also smoking my irons, which is good, but I was long on quite a few holes. Chipping sucked, though. Putting was pretty good. 
I shot 44 (+9) with 15 putts. 

No pain!! Awesome, great news

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

My Monday walking round was on Tuesday this week.  Yesterday, there was a Pro-Am at my course so no play.  Our region has a Pro-Am every Monday somewhere within 120 miles.  I used to play in them occasionally years ago because some were on private courses that I could never play.  I was a 20 'cap but the max for the Pro-Am was 16.  I never did very well obviously, except one time at a course near Yakima.  There was a big wind storm on Sunday and limbs were down all over the course, and the wind was still blowing 20-25 mph when we played.  I couldn't hit any wood very well because of my huge slice, and the wind would play havoc with that.  So, I hit 5i, 5i, 9i or wedge on most par 4's and 5's.  Got 3rd place in the highest flight.  Everyone else apparently couldn't hit drivers in the wind either, but kept trying.

Back on topic... there was just two of us walking today.  A 77-year old single in a cart who we met on the range joined us.  Nice guy... graduated from Arizona State.  So, we had ASU, UW, and OSU playing today.  It was clearly a social round with a lot of chit chat; I didn't even keep score, but I think I was +3 for 9 holes.  I think he might be joining us from now on.

My usual playing partner is a longer hitter than I am; he's been playing for 60 years and has a nice swing.  Typically, if we both hit good drives, he's 20-30 yards past me, but I have a better short game so we are usually pretty even.  Today, I was outdriving him on most every hole.  On a 350y par 4 I drove my ball to 98y from the middle of the green, and I was 20y past him.  Hit my 2nd shot to 12 feet but missed putt.  I've been missing a lot of putts lately; need to spend a day on the putting green.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

First round bad

second round good, like an equal amount either way. Second round was full of great iron play and putting. First round, not so much.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Played tourny out at ArrowheD CC in Molalla OR. Loved the course and the greens were the best Ive played on. Quick and true. 

Shot 37/47...The back I took a 9 on par 5 which took me out of the $$. Also 2 3 putts and another OB. The front I sunk several nice putts.  

Typical golf this year. Play really well then take a big #. The good was I putted pretty well overall and  struck the ball well all day. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Congrats on the 61!!  I shot a 61 once...then I had to play the other half of the 18 hole round

MDGolfHacker

Thanks - it was an amazing day. It all seemed so easy - it's that feeling we are all chasing and rarely catch :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

... Truly an amazing achievment. Most professional on the PGA and LPGA have not shot 61's. Congrats!

Thanks - I shot it on a muni course at about 6100 yards with no pressure but it was still an amazing day. My current handicap is +4.1 but compared to all those guys and gals on tour I might as well be a 20 handicapper :) I almost didn't share it but my fellow Spies are some of the few who would appreciate it. It's fun to have a moment where everything seemed to be going in - today was back to reality haha

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Absolutely thrilled with my round tonight - not because of my score, but because for the first time in nearly 2 years my back was free of pain/discomfort/tightness. My swing felt much freer tonight and I hit tee balls well, hitting 5/6 fairways (still only 3w off the tee). I was also smoking my irons, which is good, but I was long on quite a few holes. Chipping sucked, though. Putting was pretty good. 
I shot 44 (+9) with 15 putts. 

A day with no pain is better than ANY score! I'm truly happy for you!

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

5 hours ago, golfertrb said:

Thanks - I shot it on a muni course at about 6100 yards with no pressure but it was still an amazing day. My current handicap is +4.1 but compared to all those guys and gals on tour I might as well be a 20 handicapper 🙂 I almost didn't share it but my fellow Spies are some of the few who would appreciate it. It's fun to have a moment where everything seemed to be going in - today was back to reality haha

Doesn't matter if it's a muni or a PGA stop..a 61 is great accomplishment!  I've played a bunch of  6100 yard courses and have come no where near a 61...close to crying at times but that's another thread😁🤣😂.  Congratulations on that accomplishment!

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Not playing or getting to the range a lot this year and its showing. Finally wasn't rained out in my tuesday evening 9 with my dad. Playing poorly all round other than the first hole, lost 2 balls on the 8th, was frustrated and said Im not losing another good ball today. He found a bright yellow Wilson Spongebobb Squarepants ball when we were looking for mine. Since at this point I didnt care if I aced the par 5 or got a 10, I played SBSP ball.  Of course hammered the drive to 215 out, hammered 3 hybrid to on the green and put it 20 feet away, missing the eagle putt by inches.   Never understand how I play a found SBSP junk ball that well

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

1 hour ago, Apes44 said:

Not playing or getting to the range a lot this year and its showing. Finally wasn't rained out in my tuesday evening 9 with my dad. Playing poorly all round other than the first hole, lost 2 balls on the 8th, was frustrated and said Im not losing another good ball today. He found a bright yellow Wilson Spongebobb Squarepants ball when we were looking for mine. Since at this point I didnt care if I aced the par 5 or got a 10, I played SBSP ball.  Of course hammered the drive to 215 out, hammered 3 hybrid to on the green and put it 20 feet away, missing the eagle putt by inches.   Never understand how I play a found SBSP junk ball that well

It's the power of the SBSP ball..now go out there and buy 12 dozen! 😄😂🤣. But it was more that you didn't put pressure on yourself and just let it flow.  Amazing what we can do when we stop thinking about how to hit a shot, etc...

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

10 hours ago, golfertrb said:

A day with no pain is better than ANY score! I'm truly happy for you!

Those of us who Liked this post have played a long time with pain and totally agree!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

32 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Those of us who Liked this post have played a long time with pain and totally agree!!

Amen to that! Sometimes I've limped off the range with hip pain.......all due to the swing, in my opinion.

I've been searching for a swing that works and is also less stress/pain on the hips and back. Might have found it on the range.

Now to get better posture at my desk lol

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

41/42 for a lukewarm 83.  2 doubles on the back, one due to a lost ball, the other due to....well, just me.  Still having issues with my driver, but the game feels like it's trying to come back.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

We played the Ohio State University golf course today. Was beautiful, but really beat up my game. Won’t put down my score in respect of not offending this great forum. But I did make two pars with no mulligans. The rest of the holes weren’t pretty at all. A real penal course for sure 

Keep it in the short stuff

17 hours ago, golfertrb said:

Thanks - it was an amazing day. It all seemed so easy - it's that feeling we are all chasing and rarely catch 🙂

Wow, simply amazing day!

super congrats mate, now you’ve got a target to chase for the rest of your life for a new PB.!

I shot a 77 today, but shot better than my score. Still not fully trusting my draw that my new clubs are giving me, so I dunked one, and ob’ed another. But, both balls were flushed and smoked. When I do trust the shot it’s been rewarding and extremely satisfying. Getting more confident in my distances and very happy with consistency of shots. Not long at all, like the 7 iron goes about 145, but it goes that distance every time! I love it.

overall tho, it was a solid ball striking day, from driver down.

this is a great game we play...

Played the front on my home course tonight for 39. Stopped due to storm rolling in.

Struck ball well and left a couple out there. I really need to work on my chipping and pitching game as I need to increase my up/down %. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Absolutely brutal round of 9 today, shot 56. I think I ended up losing 4 tee shots. 4. Approach game was spotty at best, way too many chunks to feel good about. Chipping was also abysmal. Two duffs that ended up 3 feet in front of me. If anything my putting was okay, except for 2 where I absolutely blasted it past the hole. Yikes. Good one to forget.

On the plus side, played a new course for me, The Meadows. I know there are a few on the forums who frequent, it's a beautiful course. Hopefully I can make a return visit and not get eaten alive by the thick stuff again.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

6/14 fir

13/18 gir

30 putts. 

Hit the driver like 🗑 was lucky to get away with a score like that. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."