TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

I played in this unique outing this weekend that raised money for Breast Cancer.  We played on teams, but used our own score and played the shots out, however we played from the Ladies Tees.

I'm not sure if it was the mindset that we had to use my other team members score for 9 holes, but I played very loose and played some of the best golf I ever have.  

I had 2 eagles, 6 birdies, and 3 ugly bogeys, but altogether it was for a 64 (7 under).  I missed 3 other birdie chances as well, 2 from 15 feet and one from 7 feet.  I wasn't keeping tabs, but think I only had 24 putts or so for the day and was on fire with the flat stick.

It would be my best round, but since we were playing Ladies Tees, I'm not sure it can be counted as such.  The rating from those tees are 69 so it would be more like 5 under par, which would tie my best round.

Anyways, a great round for me and all for a good cause.  Hopefully I can continue this momentum when I move back to the regular tees.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

A tale of 2 nines... 46/38... not sure why it always takes me so long to figure things out... this seems to happen a lot to me. I think I'm a bit of a mental case....haha

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Broke my shaft on the driver and got it replaced. Played Sunday and drove the ball well until I got somewhat tired. Was first off the tees Sunday but my partner was slow. 3:10 minutes for 2 golfers. I could have finished in 2:15 but it is what it is.

Ended up shooting a 91 blowing several 5-10 footers and in general having a really tough putting day where I couldn't get anything to go where I wanted. Other than a few lost drives, I was pretty happy with the way I was hitting the ball.

Our league is interesting, my partner quit and another replaced him. Since then, we are 3 and 0 and running away with the 2nd half season. It's always nice to play well, but honestly it feels like teams are blowing up and I'm just able to get bogey/par and walk away. Less I'm earning it and more they're handing it to me.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

4 hours ago, Rickp said:

First sentence scared me a bit. It took me a longer than usual to get used to the Mizzie’s not sure why but I think it’s the shaft difference.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Yeah, I don't think I can blame the shafts, I' had these before in the JPX900 Hot Metals and they were fine.   I think it was a stinky swing day.  Except for a few drives. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Played a familiar course that had some redesign/layout changes using holes from the other course on Saturday with the old crew. 

First time swinging a club in 3 weeks and it showed. Irons were a guess most of the day. Driver was better than I figured and short game was like the irons. 

Been a strange year on the course and in general with me and golf. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I had a goal of 71 at a local course, but made a bogey on 17 and shot 72. 😐

I flat out duffed a chip along the green and missed the long par. Still a good round, but my driver has been amazing the last couple of months and has been leaving me with relatively short shots into holes. I give all credit to Super Speed training HA.

Played the executive course this weekend as I was short on time. The course is practically a goat range at all times, with barely discernible fairways, and greens about as true as shag carpet. Still, it's a nice shakeup from the other courses that places extra emphasis on GIR. It's a 9-hole par 30 course that I looped twice for 18-holes. Played the first 9 at +4 and the second 9 at +5.

Hit the ball pretty well for the most part - especially the second time through. I noticed how effortlessly I pounded driver on #7 (the only hole where it comes out of the bag) and made a conscious decision to use a similar tempo and action for all swings the second time around. I gained nearly a full club in distance while producing the same or eerily similar trajectories!

Short game was mostly good and though my stats will argue, I'd say I putted pretty well. I used 39 putts for the 18, but considering how poor the greens are (shaggy, ball marks everywhere, dead spots, areas that should be marked as ground under repair) I'll take it. I tried my best not to adjust to the greens and putt with a similar pace to all the other greens in the area. Inevitably, I left several putts short. The putter stroke and the lines I picked where typically good though so I call it a win.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Yeah, I don't think I can blame the shafts, I' had these before in the JPX900 Hot Metals and they were fine.   I think it was a stinky swing day.  Except for a few drives. 

I know about “stinky” swing days

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Miserable 9 Big Boy this morning. I live 3 miles from course and I had 1” rain overnight, received 3”+ same storm. CPO and actually course should have been closed. We all played like garbage including a 6 hcp who was riding with me.
On top of that humuggity 90% and heat index 100’+.
Hope this weather pattern breaks soon.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

55 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Miserable 9 Big Boy this morning. I live 3 miles from course and I had 1” rain overnight, received 3”+ same storm. CPO and actually course should have been closed. We all played like garbage including a 6 hcp who was riding with me.

apart from the humidity that reflects our weather, constant rain and storms with 4 minutes of sunshine.

The jetstream is so far south of us just now it's pulling in a party of storms daily. 

/I think I need to move house

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Shot a nice little 39 this afternoon with one birdie and 4 bogeys.  Should have been a bit better, but I'm guessing they hadn't moved the cups since saturday morning so there holes were crowned.  Had to hit the perfect putt or the ball would break to either side .

Iron striking is getting there.  So much more compression.  Makes those Mizunos feel even better 🙂

We had that index yesterday. I teed off at 9AM, and was soaked-through my shirt and shorts by the 9th. I had to buy a shirt in the pro-shop just to get home without dripping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

- 42 (+6) 

- 4/9 FIR  

- 2/9 GIR (0 birdies)

- 16 Putts (7 2-putts, 2 1-putts) 

- 1:05 Round Time

I'm convinced that you never actually hit good shots in golf, just that your bad shots miss by less!

Driver was OK today, not laser accurate or long, but didn't really hurt me much either. Putting was great. Very little stress, most of my second putts were tap-ins. Irons were awful. Didn't hit a single good shot with an iron all round. Kind of carried over into my short game where I left too much work for my putter on several chips.

image.thumb.png.ec810dca3c893f2be4e5e85cf450f3b9.png

It all balances out. According to GAME Golf my driver and putter had a better than five handicap day. Just need to get the irons back on track.

Playing in a work scramble tomorrow. Unfortunately my home course has outings both Saturday and Sunday so not 100 percent sure next time I'll be out on the course in a non-scramble fashion.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

14 hours ago, edingc said:

I'm convinced that you never actually hit good shots in golf, just that your bad shots miss by less!

Truer words have never been spoken than “golf is a game of misses.”

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Arrrghhh!  Another decent round ruined be 4 bad hole.  3 of the 4 bad holes were set up from a really poor drive from the tee box (yes, still fighting that over the top move that's been my recent issue).  Anyway....4 double bogeys and shoot an 83.  I hereby dub myself the king of doubles.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

37/36 = 73 from the tips.

Finally, the irons swing is returning! Been a struggle all season but only with irons. Over the past 2.5 rounds I've gone +3, -1 (for 9), +1.

Season low was previously +2, accomplished a few times but every one of them was scramble-city. Today was nice, fairways and greens.

I'd been hitting off the toe all year when I recently realized that my back foot was pretty square at set-up. I theorized that not only was my turn compromised but this set up encouraged me to take the club back slightly outside the target line.

All I did was flare the back foot open maybe 15° more. Although I didn't change my heel's placement, this offered the sensation that my foot had dropped an inch or so back. My takeaway felt much more natural, like seasons past, and my downswing more powerful and coming from the inside.

Strong draws all day long, just like yesteryear. Rather than hope for the best as I had been, now I wanna go on the attack.

5 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Decent night in men's league last night, 46 that was marred by triple and double both from really horrible lies and bad decisions with the wedge shot attempted on each. 

Driver short as usual but on point, 5/7 fairways. 

Hit the new 919's very well. I was 3/4 with them when shooting at a GIR.  The 4th one came up maybe 10 yards short and I was probably feeling a bit cocky ejbt them and went I club less than I should have...ha 

Putting returned to a very confident stroke.  Several putts from the 15 to 30 feet range that litteraly were tap ins.  

Will tee it up again this morning in the Sr. League and be playing golds. So the irons should see even more action. 

Good job!!

Just remember... triple double in golf = bad; triple double in basketball = good.  😁

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

won my quarter final club singles matchplay today by 6&5, sounds good but you know that game where you play badly but your opponent plays worse? and we're both single figs.

Nice to win but I'd rather win by playing well as opposed to my opponent 'falling on his sword'............but I suppose I've also been there many times.

... First rule of competition: Find a way to win. Congrats and good luck the rest of the way! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour