TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

One of those days.   I was solid off the tee but struggled with 100-115 yard shots.  39/48-87 with 3 bogeys on the front and  6 doubles on the back.   C ourse we played today had some elevation changes which is odd for SE Virginia.   Here is the tee shot from 16 and nope I didn't hit the green;  tee shot was short and I ended up with........a double  

248807361_goldcourse.jpg.2ace2f8606b00718033c16f974dc7779.jpg

Oooo! NICE!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

On 8/24/2019 at 3:20 PM, Jmikecpa said:

For some reason I am longer off the tee and about a club longer with my irons since switching golf balls from the ProV1 to the Chrome Soft X.

Interesting! It only rated as "Good" (middle of the road) in the MGS ball test.....

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Another short 9 and another +8

Happy enough with that on a not my best ball striking day.

4 pars, 3 bogeys, 1 double and 1 triple

I've gotta keep working on avoiding those "other" score holes - one of which was due to a tee shot pulled left OB. 

Had that 1 penalty, and then 2 x 2-chips and 1 x 3-putt on the very-sloped last hole .. under-read the sidehill break and missed low, then missed the comeback.....

But a fun, little course on a really nice day - especially temperature-wise! - and my wife felt like she made some progress with her swing and game, too .. yea!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

41 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Oooo! NICE!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Golden Horseshoe Gold Course in Williamsburg.  That is hole #16.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

One of those days.   I was solid off the tee but struggled with 100-115 yard shots.  39/48-87 with 3 bogeys on the front and  6 doubles on the back.   C ourse we played today had some elevation changes which is odd for SE Virginia.   Here is the tee shot from 16 and nope I didn't hit the green;  tee shot was short and I ended up with........a double  

248807361_goldcourse.jpg.2ace2f8606b00718033c16f974dc7779.jpg
That's both beautiful and scary at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

It's been a while since I have played as consistently as I have over the past few weeks.  Especially off the tee.  I still fight the occasional hook immediately followed by a "hold-on-for-dear-life-push-block" but nothing unplayable.  I never keep score but always have a good idea where I am in relation to par.  I finished yesterday at +3 with two birdies and five bogeys.

It's fun to play golf when everything is coming out of the middle of the club face.  

Played again last night - but only because my wife wanted to go out and practice - she has a club event coming up on Tuesday. I think my back muscle issue has worked it's way out but I was being overly cautious so I was not hitting the ball long and not rotating at the finish. Going to give those back muscles a bit more time to heal. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Strange morning, hit some really good shots and some pretty poor ones also. 44 which at this point is all I can expect. Still only 9 but I’m ready to start 18 next week. Putting was lights out.
Supposed to get some rain, yuck

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 8/23/2019 at 6:41 PM, golfertrb said:

Trosper!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes sir.  About a 5 minute drive from work so it's great for an evening range session or to squeeze in a quick 9.

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 10.5* Helium Shaft

Woods: :taylormade-small: R580 5W, 7W

Hybrids: Nicklaus Dual Point 4H

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 Speedback One Length 6i - PW

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 48*, 52*, 58*

Putter: :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact 3

Bag: :Ogio: Grom 14-way stand bag

Ball: GolfJet Jet 4

Rangefinder: NX7 Pro or ShotScope V2

Time to get away from the range!

Early to rise round today, I hit the first tee at 6:19 AM. I did consume large amounts of coffee first!

This was my first full round in over three weeks.  I overcame a fairly. strong muscle pull that took weeks to settle down and, in terms of my golf, a fully new approach to my 6i, as I bored many of you with too much detail!

Course is rated 65/105, 5300 yards played from the senior tees. Par is 72 My HCP remains a 18.

This course has a bit of lack of forgiveness due to the fairly narrow width of its fairways. 25% were FIR but I hit 3 OB off of drives. 

I should have add this to make it clear. OBs are tight on this course and none was out by more than 1 foot. So OB. but not lost, only lost shots on the card. I play a red ball so readily seen in the primarily dirt OB.

Damned "lucky" I know.  One hit a tree and almost came back in. I readily could have been dishonest and played the OB with am sneaky foot wedge and pretended they were not OB; but I play too damned honest of a game. All 3 were significantly longer than "hitting 3". All 3 went out left and were the result of my poorly aimed feet.

I landed in sand on 6 holes, mainly from not playing the course well in terms of planning. I could have gone for a lay up on 4 of them by playing a different club.  The remaining shots did well and made for easy carry to green or near green. I thought I chose a correct lay up approach on the "lay it up" shots, only to have a different carry than I expected.

Putting made up for less than wonderful results getting to the green. 32 total with 6 one putts, 2 three putts (with both including a rim out), and the rest 2 Putts. 32 putts in total and this included a high for me in 1 putts.

I tried my best not to force my play by over hitting the clubs. In that area, it felt good.

But I did not "play" the course very well, especially on the two most pronounced dog legs, and there was a bit of marching in my round ("left, right, left, right").

All in all my 94 fit good after my lay off.  I finished the round before the temp hit 90º and, I played the round using the same ball, first time this year.  I did hit a ball into the water by about 1/4" but I played it out of the wet and almost greened it from 160 yards out! That was my best, or best unexpected shot, of the day.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

On 8/24/2019 at 10:48 PM, HardcoreLooper said:

Allie and I finished second in our flight today at the First Tee 2-Person tournament, and she was the youngest person in our flight by about 20 years.

image.thumb.png.5b781083cbf2898ef51d81d8e9e858f5.png

Congratulations!!

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Not going hole by hole, but got out for an impromptu 18 hole round this morning.  Must of been still asleep because I couldn't hit an approach shot to save my life🤦‍♂️. Couple that with a bulky putter and that resulted in a 91 with a three hole stretch where I went double, double, double😡🤬.  Went to the practice green a couple of hours later and low and behold, chips had came back with great distance control (even hold out a few with the Cleveland RTX 4 wedges I'm testing),  putts were dropping left and right and I'm left scratching my head trying to figure out what went wrong this AM...

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Just shot a 54 on the front, and a 38 on the back.

Back 9 was the best golf I have ever put together. Maybe not the best score, but the best I’ve ever played.

Hit the flagstick from 133 with a 9 iron on a par 3, it went straight down and bounded out of the hole!!!

All while using a Callaway Superhot 55 ball I found on the 7th hole.

A double, bogey, bogey finishing 9 with 15mph winds ruined a record day...

But man, what can I say it was amazing.

That’s cool! Days like today are what makes you keep coming back

Rick

Left Hand, 

Just shot a 54 on the front, and a 38 on the back.

Back 9 was the best golf I have ever put together. Maybe not the best score, but the best I’ve ever played.

Hit the flagstick from 133 with a 9 iron on a par 3, it went straight down and bounded out of the hole!!!

All while using a Callaway Superhot 55 ball I found on the 7th hole.

A double, bogey, bogey finishing 9 with 15mph winds ruined a record day...

But man, what can I say it was amazing.

That’s cool! Days like today are what makes you keep coming back

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 8/25/2019 at 10:52 AM, edingc said:

- 43/40 = 83 (+11)  

- 5/15 FIR  

- 8/18 GIR (0 birdies)

- 37 Putts (4 3-putts, 12 2-putts, 1 1-putt, 1 0-putt) 

- 2:45 Round Time

One of those rounds where I honestly lost track of the score and was surprised once The Grint app added it all up. It was a very shaky day from 125 and in. Left approaches short of the green on several holes. Putting was not good. 

Irons were easily the best part of my game today, long irons especially, so that was today's saving grace. It's been a while since I was happy with my iron play after a round.

Highlight of the round was hole No. 3, a 525-yard par 5. I smashed my drive 264 yards in the center of the fairway, and hit a great six iron 60 yards short of the green with a perfect view of the pin on the middle back upslope. Grabbed my 54 degree wedge, dropped the ball about 20 feet short of the pin, it took a big hop and the rolled up and in for eagle! Not my first eagle, but it was my first ever eagle from the fairway. Very awesome feeling.

Good for you!!

Also, drove by Western Greens and saw you've played a few rounds there on The Grint. How do you like it? Those rates are dirt cheap, definitely have me interested in trying them out

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

Played Kickingbird today with a heat index of 112 and humidity set on hell. I struggled on the front - bogeyed 7 and doubled 8. On seven I came up short on my approach and my ball came up to the collar of the bunker - I had to turn the club up on its toe and chip across my feet. Hit it well but no ability to hit it at the hole or get it close - two-putt bogey. Hit my second shot into the water on 8 and played my fourth from the drop area - almost holed it out for a four but it rolled to about 12 feet and I two-putted for double. Birdied 9 to shoot 2 over on the front. Shot 32 (3 birdies/ no bogeys) on the back for a 69. Felt mostly hard today except for 2 3/4 pitching wedges for birdies on the back - one from 98, the other from 102 - the Blueprint PW is so, so good.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

13 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Played again last night - but only because my wife wanted to go out and practice - she has a club event coming up on Tuesday. I think my back muscle issue has worked it's way out but I was being overly cautious so I was not hitting the ball long and not rotating at the finish. Going to give those back muscles a bit more time to heal. 

Take it easy!!  Don't rush a bad back.

Best of luck for your wife tomorrow!!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

8 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Not going hole by hole, but got out for an impromptu 18 hole round this morning.  Must of been still asleep because I couldn't hit an approach shot to save my life🤦‍♂️. Couple that with a bulky putter and that resulted in a 91 with a three hole stretch where I went double, double, double😡🤬.  Went to the practice green a couple of hours later and low and behold, chips had came back with great distance control (even hold out a few with the Cleveland RTX 4 wedges I'm testing),  putts were dropping left and right and I'm left scratching my head trying to figure out what went wrong this AM...

MDGolfHacker

Golf gods just having a little fun...  🙄

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

7 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Golf gods just having a little fun...  🙄

One of many reasons why my hair is turning gray fast😁😂😅

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

8 hours ago, ncwoz said:

Good for you!!

Also, drove by Western Greens and saw you've played a few rounds there on The Grint. How do you like it? Those rates are dirt cheap, definitely have me interested in trying them out

The owner is working really hard on improving the course. It's old (1960s) and was not maintained terribly well until recently. Drainage is the main issue, but once July hit the course really improved. I've grown to like it a lot because there are a few holes that can be really challenging.

If you are accurate with your driver, most holes will be driver, wedge as it's not long from the back tees (6,300ish yards).

I'd put it in the middle tier of courses that I've played around GR. Falls at BC, The Links at Bowen Lake, Meadows, Saskatoon, Diamond Springs, Pigeon Creek are all in better shape and better courses. But it's definitely better than say, Gracewil, the Pheasant in Borculo, Lincoln CC and Morrison Lake in my opinion. Easily worth the money.

It's all tree-lined and will punish people who don't hit it straight. During busy times play can get pretty slow as a result.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

34 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

If you have teenage daughters - it'll turn gray even faster 😂

Yep have one of those as well...not only is she causing my hair to gray faster, but to fall out as well 🤦‍♂️

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

3 hours ago, edingc said:

The owner is working really hard on improving the course. It's old (1960s) and was not maintained terribly well until recently. Drainage is the main issue, but once July hit the course really improved. I've grown to like it a lot because there are a few holes that can be really challenging.

If you are accurate with your driver, most holes will be driver, wedge as it's not long from the back tees (6,300ish yards).

I'd put it in the middle tier of courses that I've played around GR. Falls at BC, The Links at Bowen Lake, Meadows, Saskatoon, Diamond Springs, Pigeon Creek are all in better shape and better courses. But it's definitely better than say, Gracewil, the Pheasant in Borculo, Lincoln CC and Morrison Lake in my opinion. Easily worth the money.

It's all tree-lined and will punish people who don't hit it straight. During busy times play can get pretty slow as a result.

Thanks for the insight, I'll definitely check it out before the end of the season!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

On 8/25/2019 at 9:20 AM, Rickp said:

Congratulations to you both!! Rumor is she carried you thru the roundemoji16.png
Cute little girl and apparently going to be a good player emoji106.png

She put the ball in play when I couldn't, and she made every putt for our team.  Seriously.  Anytime I got to putt, I missed.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino