Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

76 (par 73)

8/14 fir

13/18 gir

35 putts.

Missed 5 greens and played those holes in 6 over. Couple horrible drives a couple of bad irons and not being able to make any putts. Was super frustrated when looking at the score but once I digested the round I hit it great for the most part. Couple of bad swing cost me. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

76 (par 73)
8/14 fir
13/18 gir
35 putts.
Missed 5 greens and played those holes in 6 over. Couple horrible drives a couple of bad irons and not being able to make any putts. Was super frustrated when looking at the score but once I digested the round I hit it great for the most part. Couple of bad swing cost me. 

76 and 35 putts. Sheesh. I know the frustration of the putting, but 76 with that many putts is pretty dang good! 13/18 was huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I'm happy to report that after scores of almost 100 in back to back rounds, my swing returned today. I shot a 39/40. It could have been a 39/36 if my short game wouldn't have left me for a couple holes. I was 10' off the green in 2 on the par 5 4th, and almost drove the next 2 300yd par 4's leaving myself less than 30' eagle chips on the 3 holes. I didn't manage 1 birdie out of them 3 holes. I also gave away 1 shot on the par 5 9th after a wayward tee shot. Instead of just playing back to the fairway and playing for par, I tried the miracle shot and hit a tree. My driving and irons were on point today but my short game which is usually my strength let me down.

I'm thinking I need a new wedge and putter and then all will be right with the world! Lol

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

76 (par 73)
8/14 fir
13/18 gir
35 putts.

Work on the putting and you’ll be Club Champion

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

9 hours ago, MattF said:

I think I apologised to the guys at least twice during the round. Oh and the 10th hole...what a doozy! Off the tee there's a window about 20 yards wide that you have to hit through...yeah ok.

No need to apologize! It was still a fun round with y’all. They had plenty of cool holes visually but the conditions were just bad. I did have that sweet chip in on 9 though

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Final round of our Ryder Cup today playing singles and only giving a shot. The weather was a pain with two lightning horns and six holes of heavy rain but rallied from 3 down with 5 to play to halve the match. Played the last six holes on -4 and missed an 8 foot birdie putt on the last for the win. Overall a great weekend of golf and the most solid I have played all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Played Kickingbird in Edmond, OK today with my two oldest boys. Things were moving along nicely until hole 7 and then we waited on every shot until hole 15 - rough stretch. I just felt out of sorts today - I scored but never felt like I had control of my golf ball. I was 6/6 when I missed greens so my short game was on point and although most of them were pretty simple shots, I did hit a few good ones. 

67 (70)

FIR: 7/13

GIR: 12/18

Putts: 27

Both boys shot 79 which was nice because they are constantly trying to beat each other and they have never tied before.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

13 hours ago, Mr_Theoo said:

No need to apologize! It was still a fun round with y’all. They had plenty of cool holes visually but the conditions were just bad. I did have that sweet chip in on 9 though

👍 Yes you did and Blake's as well.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I played yesterday at da club. First swing on #1, hit it off the heel and dribbled it down the left rough...what a start! Ended the front 9 with a 45. The back 9 didn't start too well either with a bogey on 10 and 11. Got another birdie on the longish par 3 12th, then I somewhat found my driver swing and shot a 41 on the back for a mediocre 86.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Quick 9 yesterday...awful putting day. It was actually amusing after the third hole when I realized I had zero touch. I took my own advice from a drill I shared here a few days ago and started to putt to an area of the hole for my makable putts inside 12’. I was essentially lag-putting everything.

I had 17 total putts for a 39 on an otherwise fantastic ball striking day.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

4/7 fairways
1/9 greens
15 putts

I couldn't hit driver today worth anything, everything was off the toe and short. Hit a couple that caught the ground before the ball, but fortunately my putter saved my round. Screenshot_20190903-153630.jpeg
I probably shouldn't mention how good the putter was because putters are fickle little beasts that will come back and bite you, but it's the best handicap Arccos has ever recorded with it. Heck, I didn't have a three putt.

I spent the round experimenting with the set wedges and while they did ok, I really missed my 56 and 60.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

41/42 (83) with a double bogey on both sides.  Our course just went through a huge 5 day match play championship that beat up the course pretty good.  Filled a lot of divots and repaired a lot of ball marks that my group didn't make.  Course was hard and the greens were hard/fast.  I putted okay, but missed several that I easily could have made.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

After 10 or so minutes with driver, 3h. and 6i, I was off to a quick 9 hole before Satan arrived to heat things up.

Hit a fair 45, with 4 strokes due to penalty (OB and a splasher) and a rather comical sand trap event.  My true amateur nature came through on that one!

16 putts, 5 FIR, 3 GIR. Average with the driver was 200+, hybrids played well.

Big take away is that I rushed myself the last few holes to finish before the furnace kicked in.  Last time I played this 9 I shot a 52, so I went to obtain more coffee with a smile

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

81 today.  1 double, no birdies. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

Hadnt played in 6 days or so and it showed. Played Tokatee which isa real special course here in Oregon. Not a tough layout but the greens make up for it. Horrible range time before as well left me WTH...Skied to an 87..couldnt put a compete hole together. Hit a green then3 putt...Couldnt hit a green wirh my wedges.and my misses were short sided wirh tough chips/pitches,  and struggled to get up and down. Greens were SLICK.What a course though!

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

35 minutes ago, pulledabill said:

Hadnt played in 6 days or so and it showed. Played Tokatee which isa real special course here in Oregon. Not a tough layout but the greens make up for it. Horrible range time before as well left me WTH...Skied to an 87..couldnt put a compete hole together. Hit a green then3 putt...Couldnt hit a green wirh my wedges.and my misses were short sided wirh tough chips/pitches,  and struggled to get up and down. Greens were SLICK.What a course though!

I haven't played Tokatee but it's on my list.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

23 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I haven't played Tokatee but it's on my list.

It was my 1st trip and I wasnt dissapointed. Amazing shape in amazing environment. The greens were what I would call big boy greens. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

6/14 fir

13/18 gir

30 putts

Spent 2 days working on my stroke and even though I didn’t make much, putting was much better. Hit it well although driving was not the greatest. Prototypical boring round of golf. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Not bad!!!  Sounds like one of my typical rounds.  

Seems to be my norm, anymore

Our guys group traveled to Plum Brook CC in Sandusky, Ohio. VERY fast greens yesterday. Got a 94 but better yet our team won $11. each and I won $5. in skins. I was pretty happy with the cash and outside of 3 blow up holes I played decent. 

This is hole #16 at PBCC. The pic is a bit deceiving as the tee box is about 50'  higher than the green. Also bunkers surround virtually all of the green (340*) except for the the small area on the lower right. There's also a creek before the bunkers and a pond on the left.  Yup I parred that one 😁

IMG_5220.JPG

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Our guys group traveled to Plum Brook CC in Sandusky, Ohio. VERY fast greens yesterday. Got a 94 but better yet our team won $11. each and I won $5. in skins. I was pretty happy with the cash and outside of 3 blow up holes I played decent. 

This is hole #16 at PBCC. The pic is a bit deceiving as the tee box is about 50'  higher than the green. Also bunkers surround virtually all of the green (340*) except for the the small area on the lower right. There's also a creek before the bunkers and a pond on the left.  Yup I parred that one 😁

IMG_5220.JPG

Pretty pic..thats northof Columbus right?

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Not well 😞

After the first hole (par),  too many multiple errors .. per hole .. led to more doubles and 1 triple than bogeys.

Had trouble focusing and committing to the shot - especially on close-in wedges....

Well.. we'll git 'em next time!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

This is hole #16 at PBCC. The pic is a bit deceiving as the tee box is about 50'  higher than the green. Also bunkers surround virtually all of the green (340*) except for the the small area on the lower right. There's also a creek before the bunkers and a pond on the left.  Yup I parred that one 

IMG_5220.JPG.38224fbe664d5eefcb820ce8835fbea4.JPG

Man - I miss Ohio in September. It might honestly be the prettiest place ever in September. I used to live in Sheffield Lake - right on Lake Erie and I swear the sky is so blue and the grass so green - golf courses are always beautiful. I live in Oklahoma now and no one would ever accuse it of being beautiful...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

I played Horn Rapids GC across town today.  I only play it a few times a year when a group there is short a fourth for the game of Wolf.  Last time I played there was in the spring.  A fun game as all players are fairly equal in ability.

I played OK; shot 81 but played all par 3's horribly.  My only decent par 3 was #17; pushed my shot right and my ball ran down the cart path to the desert.  My second shot was from about 30 yards which I stuck to a foot with my 60º Callaway PM Grind for par.  I was the only par in the group and the Wolf had to pay double quarters.

My best holes were #1 and #18; birdies on both.  A quarter on #1 and double quarters on #18.  My buddy that I play with in my Monday walking group at my course and I cleaned up against the other two players.  My buddy shot 78 and  finished 9 quarters up and I finished 6 quarters up.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”