TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Started off pretty decent at 5 over thru 13 holes then the rains came and the wheels came off.  I shot 9 over par on the last 5 holes for an 86 (adjusted to 85 for posting).  However, team won our game and I won 2 skins to put some $$$ in the pocket.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Played Palmetto Hall Plantation Robert Cupp course today. Shot 46/44:90 with no birdies. Greens were fast and I overshot several. Course in great shape, will be playing the Arthur Hill course tomorrow. Got both for $45 each thru my timeshare ownership. Weather is terrific, low 80’s.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Played Palmetto Hall Plantation Robert Cupp course today. Shot 46/44:90 with no birdies. Greens were fast and I overshot several. Course in great shape, will be playing the Arthur Hill course tomorrow. Got both for $45 each thru my timeshare ownership. Weather is terrific, low 80’s.

There’s always tomorrow for that 80.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played Saturday. Hit the ball really solid. Surprisingly solid actually. Really getting a few things ingrained. But had some mental mistakes the last few holes. Focus is key and I let it slip away.

+5 over the last 5 holes for a 75. Ugh.

And the rain from a week and a half ago is back. Thankfully not the 12"+ we had. But courses were closed today.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

5 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Go get'um Foz!!  I seem to like Arthur Hills courses; I've played two of his courses and enjoyed them both.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10/14 fir

10/18 gir

31 putts. 

Two stupid mistakes let to two doubles. Nothing more than mental lapses. I hate mental errors. 2 birdies and an eagle putt inside of 8 feet and didn’t make one of them. Yesterday they went in. Probably will again tomorrow. Just one of those things. Really liking my new irons. Struggling to get used to wedges but those will come around with time. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

79 in a brutal cross wind yesterday afternoon - there was actually only one hole down wind all day - 190 yard par 3 over a pond with the pin up so the down wind hurt.

Of interest they were doing some new sort of aeration while we were playing. The greens on the front nine had been done and they were on 10 so we skipped it and played two balls on 16. Of course I made bogey on both of those balls. :(

This new method is a small punch through which air is then shot through the root system - the punches are tiny and were spread out by five or six feet - you hardly noticed them - the greens on that side were super firm and fast though. Had lots of trouble adjusting to the different speed on the non punched side.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I played a new (to me) course on Saturday (Rawiga Golf and Swim Club, for the locals). I really enjoyed the layout and the greens had some subtle breaks and were pretty challenging (and fast compared to our league course). I had "scouted" the course on Arccos prior to playing and really wasn't expecting how hilly the course was - not ridiculous, but certainly much more than shows up on a flat satellite view. I ended up with a 95 with one birdie on a par 5 and way too many of the dreaded 2+ (3 triples and 4 doubles). No part of my game was particularly good or bad, just kind of blah. Highlights were a bunker shot for third which led to my lone birdie, a 155 yard 7 iron out of a fairway bunker (lipped out the birdie putt), and a lovely flop shot over a tree (then promptly three putted for a double).

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

79 in a brutal cross wind yesterday afternoon - there was actually only one hole down wind all day - 190 yard par 3 over a pond with the pin up so the down wind hurt.

Of interest they were doing some new sort of aeration while we were playing. The greens on the front nine had been done and they were on 10 so we skipped it and played two balls on 16. Of course I made bogey on both of those balls. :(

This new method is a small punch through which air is then shot through the root system - the punches are tiny and were spread out by five or six feet - you hardly noticed them - the greens on that side were super firm and fast though. Had lots of trouble adjusting to the different speed on the non punched side.

I saw that aeration up north never saw it in FL. Less invasive and heal faster.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

13 hours ago, fozcycle said:

will be playing the Arthur Hill course tomorrow. 

Our home course is an Arthur Hills course - he creates challenging greens. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Played 9 yesterday, which was much more like Summer than Fall; hit the ball mostly pretty well until .. uhhhh .. I didn't....

Opening double (good tee shot but a duffed second to which I added a 3 putt...), then two bogeys (potentially both could have been pars; first a chip that I carried on too far and didn't sink the downhill comeback putt and then after hitting the green on a short Par 3 another 3 putt...), then two pars (yea) and then yet another 3 putt bogey (boo; second putt was only about 3 feet out!)..

..and then a double on #7, which has been my nemesis hole on this course, with a solid tee shot that turned left but got a lucky bounce and roll off the hill that brought it back close to the fairway leaving me with an unobstructed 115 to the green .. visualize, rehearse, line up carefully, swing .. only to clip a (root?) that opened the face just enough to push the ball right .. found it in the hazard right behind a big plant .. took a drop back on the other side of the hazard, mediocre wedge on to the edge and couldn't sink the first putt..

..and now #8, a straightforward Par 5 with a pond fronting the green. I'll skip the painful deets and just say I marked this hole as a double-par 10 - and also confess "out loud" that I had a very play UN-happy moment (fwiw I've parred this hole before) - and then dropped it all and moved on to the uphill Par 3..

..on which I made an "easy" (if I can call it that?) par .. decent tee shot just short of the front of the green, decent chip up tho pulled it slightly left of intended line, and a solid 1 putt. So finished well.

Overall.. most tee shots were good or playable, and even think I got some extra distance out of a few; most iron shots were online but not as solid as I'd like, and felt like I lost a little distance on a few; wedges were mostly ok-ish .. until that #8 debacle; but putting seemed really on or off... 

Missed a bunch on the high side and not sure if I simply over-read break and/or stroked it a bit too firmly and/or just missed my start line.

So.... a typical golfing day? 😆

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

10 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Interesting discussion on playing “emotions”. I’m very fortunate in that I get to play 4-6 rounds per week. What I’ve discovered is that very simply put, some days you have it, and some days you don’t. My round the other day when I stunk up the place was funny, because we were discussing this concept as we were playing. It almost became funny when one of us hit a bad shot, and everyone had a smile after a bad shot, because we all know it’s not the norm. Because we see each other hit hundreds of great shots most of the time.

but some days.... you just don’t have it. No need to get all pissy about it, because we’re amateurs really. We just give a *sigh*, perhaps an eye roll, and a laugh, then off to the next shot. But we also know that we will play tomorrow, so no big deal.

Great attitude ! We should all keep that in mind...golf is fun🏌️‍♂️

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

Forgot how to swing a club... hit 6 shanks with irons and steady pull hooks with driver helping contribute to 6 penalty strokes all capped off with a 9 on the par 4 18th for a grand total 95 in what was my worst round of the year. 

Made a game time decision to use the EXO 7s instead of the Huntington Beach SOFT #6 since I just upgraded the stock grip to a TOUR SNSR contour 140 on the EXO and ended with a season best 31 putts to keep it under 100. 😂 Hopefully, the new grip is going to help the EXO behave after cycling through 4 putters this year.  

I don't think I can game the SOFT 6, the sight dot seems to have me pushing everything right of the hole. Maybe there is something to the visual aspects of the Edel putter fitting system... 

Edited by BMart519

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

Been going backwards since July, and then all of a sudden the swing felt great Saturday and I shot 79 at Torrey Pines South (from the 7000 yd tees!), my first time breaking 80 on that course. I knew it had the chance to be a special day when I hit a fade 6-iron from 180 yds out in the fairway bunker on 1, and then sank a 25 footer for birdie. I hit 9 greens and went -2 on those 9 holes and then played bogey golf on the 9 holes that I didn't find the green. Best ball striking day I've had in a long time (5 of the missed greens were off the back after hitting a solid shot but with the wrong club, and only one of my dreaded-yet-familiar pull hooks). Unfortunately it's going to be 10 days until the next round but I'll hopefully get to the range to keep the proper feels going. Even if I don't I will still have a sh*t eating grin on my face for at least another day or two. 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

On 9/20/2019 at 9:47 AM, cksurfdude said:

Yeah that *was* (mostly) us also. We're working on it!

I know it may sound like trite BS but I'm finding it to be quite true: Attitude drives performance.

So you've got to be better at "play happy" for yourself, too! 👍

Well... I really, really tried to "play happy" this weekend.  Didn't really work all that well.  Saturday my wife and I were paired with two very nice guys who were out playing their 2nd round of the YEAR!!  They had a wedding to go to in the afternoon, so they decided to play golf in the morning, starting out with 2 doubles each (drinks, not scores) before they hit the first tee.  One guy didn't get to the Forward Tees on 5 of the first 9 holes with his driver.  On the par 3 #4 hole I waited to make my par putt while each of them 4 or 5 putted.  Really hard to focus on my game when I am trying to play faster than normal just to keep our group from falling too far behind.  We decided to call it quits at the turn, and we came back at 4pm to play the back nine.  Shot 37.

Sunday was a little better.  We played with two guys, one was 76 years old and talked incessantly.  Vey nice, but...  Fortunately, they only played 9 holes, so we had the back nine to ourselves.  I didn't have a very good day scoring... shot 86, but I enjoyed a beautiful day and was a little happier!!

I did have one birdie, but my hole of the day was #18, a par 5 dogleg left with a fairway bunker running on the right side of the fairway from 170y all the way up to and in front of the green.  I managed to get my second shot around the corner (tough shot for me without getting in the bunker), and I had a wedge from 126 to a front pin on a narrow part of the green.  Here's a picture...  my ball is plugged under the lip of the bunker to the right of the pin.  Only the top of the ball was showing.  My wife's ball is in the middle of the bunker.

1797442312_CP18.thumb.jpg.ead848560d53d00a66362b61ff56d767.jpg

I wasn't happy with the lie, but my Callaway PM Grind 60º got it out, and I made par.  Now that made me happy!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Not the greatest score today, but it was a great round with my dad at the Nicklaus course at Pine Hills in Plymouth, MA. Got paired up with two members who were great about where to aim and what to avoid. Unfortunately they weren't aware that my father & I have ZERO control over where our ball goes... if it goes forward, we're happy!

5 penalty strokes which really hurt, all of them off the tee. I had another hole where I caught the driver dead perfect and blew through the fairway and landed in thick straw. 4 shots later and I was back on the fairway.

I did have 3 pars so I'll take what I can. The greens here are FAST, like "putt from 10 feet off the green and you're rolling off the other side of the green 50 feet away" fast. Par 3s were kryptonite to me today - 3 of them were triples. Ugh. Need to work on that.

54/56 = 110

IMG_5482.JPG

IMG_5478.JPG

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Great attitude ! We should all keep that in mind...golf is fun🏌️♂️

Sure it’s easy to have that attitude when you play 4 times a week like Sluggo. 🤣

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I played in a 4 man best ball tournament yesterday from the Senior tees. 5400 yards. It was a total joke but the money was for charity, so it all worked out.

3 of the 4 in our group were low single digit. The longest we had into a par 4 was 55 yards. The longest shot we had into a par 5 was 145. We drove a couple of par 4s. We finished the day at 51. It was a hell of a lot of fun at least!

53 minutes ago, Yadirtydog! said:

I played in a 4 man best ball tournament yesterday from the Senior tees. 5400 yards. It was a total joke but the money was for charity, so it all worked out.

3 of the 4 in our group were low single digit. The longest we had into a par 4 was 55 yards. The longest shot we had into a par 5 was 145. We drove a couple of par 4s. We finished the day at 51. It was a hell of a lot of fun at least!

Nice round.  I'm happy you guys had fun, and I hope the charity was a good one.  

It would have to be a good one for me to play.  My group of seniors don't play in events like this because it's not much fun for us when a group of low single digits shoot 51 and think it's a joke.  

Last Men's League 18 today. I played terrible on the front including a double and a triple on 2  par 5's. Ended the front with a 50. Did better on the back, including a bird on a par 5 with a 44. For a total of 94. Drives were all straight but my gap wedge just didn't want to cooperate. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Went out for a solo 18 hole round since league and men’s club are over. Just a beautiful day with barely a soul on the course. Oddly, I was so relaxed but played so poorly. I started off snap hooking my driver- 3 and 4 irons all over the lot. Than near the end of the round I started hitting huge push slices with the driver that went right of right. The short irons were bad as well. Started off as weak pushes and finished with pulls left. I guess in the scope of things it doesn’t matter since I was a solo. But can’t explain how this total break down seems to creep in quite frequently. My clubs are all custom fit and yet the dispersion is so erratic. I’m always monitoring my setup - stance and ball position along with a good tempo. Really frustrated now  

Keep it in the short stuff

48 minutes ago, Big money said:

Went out for a solo 18 hole round since league and men’s club are over. Just a beautiful day with barely a soul on the course. Oddly, I was so relaxed but played so poorly. I started off snap hooking my driver- 3 and 4 irons all over the lot. Than near the end of the round I started hitting huge push slices with the driver that went right of right. The short irons were bad as well. Started off as weak pushes and finished with pulls left. I guess in the scope of things it doesn’t matter since I was a solo. But can’t explain how this total break down seems to creep in quite frequently. My clubs are all custom fit and yet the dispersion is so erratic. I’m always monitoring my setup - stance and ball position along with a good tempo. Really frustrated now  

Can't really diagnose without video, of course, but my bet would be on posture, setup, balance, and tempo.  One or more are out of sync.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Played with my eldest son in our regular Monday game. We played at Westwood in Norman OK - it's quite a short course only 6162 from the black tees with a par of 70 but a good little course. They had a rep from Titleist who was giving out 2-ball sample packs so that was nice - they gave me a pack of ProV1's and AVX and my son Tour Soft and AVX. I played the round with the ProV1 - such a great ball (no duh I know). I started out with 3 birdies in a row (Par 5, par3, par4) before I cooled off a bit. I had a good round although I missed more greens than normal. I missed a few on the fringe which left me good putts so that number is a bit misleading. No bogies but I was never in trouble really - I only had to work for one par and that was on the 6th hole. The 6th is a short par 5 of 465 but it is an awkward driving hole for me and I heeled my tee shot. I hit a short fade to the middle of the fairway but laid up to 62 yards. I hit what I thought was a perfect low pitch that flew the green. I had a delicate 4th but the greens were wet and receptive and I was able to get up and down. The I only had 22 putts because of taking putts from off the green so that number is a bit deceptive as well. As always, I had a great time with my son - I really treasure my Monday rounds with him.

FIR 9/12

GIR 10/18

Putts 22

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Played Old South GC in Blufton, SC today.....just off Hilton Head Island.

Front nine was super, shot 40. Back nine was a nightmare, shooting a 46....several holes were forced carry over marshland to a landing area then another forced carry to the green.....missed the Par by a fraction of an inch! Overall play was fun, the fairways had plenty of grass under the ball. My cost was $45(as a timeshare owner)....one Par 3 had a deal the pro shop would double what you bet if you get on the green, which I bet $20 and made the green....140 yards. I am taking off tomorrow and driving to Savannah with the girls. Hopefully I will play Thursday & Friday before returning home on Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Red Wing Lake Golf Course. Quick 9 after class.

38, 100% FIR, 67% GIR and 17 putts (two 3 putts). What a difference a coupe days makes!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Not the greatest score today, but it was a great round with my dad at the Nicklaus course at Pine Hills in Plymouth, MA. Got paired up with two members who were great about where to aim and what to avoid. Unfortunately they weren't aware that my father & I have ZERO control over where our ball goes... if it goes forward, we're happy!
5 penalty strokes which really hurt, all of them off the tee. I had another hole where I caught the driver dead perfect and blew through the fairway and landed in thick straw. 4 shots later and I was back on the fairway.
I did have 3 pars so I'll take what I can. The greens here are FAST, like "putt from 10 feet off the green and you're rolling off the other side of the green 50 feet away" fast. Par 3s were kryptonite to me today - 3 of them were triples. Ugh. Need to work on that.
54/56 = 110
IMG_5482.JPG.e738ac590d8429fa63393f03dcc8358b.JPG

IMG_5478.JPG.d576523d1d9c40a84555a92187ed8c97.JPG
Looks like you and your dad had a great time on a beautiful course. Don't matter what the score was, it's those memories you keep forever.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I had a decent night in league last night. It was very close to a very good 9 for me, except for a double on our first hole thanks to a skulled gap wedge and a triple after a very tragic tee ball that I push-sliced into a tree that kicked almost straight back for a 74 yard total carry 🙄. From there I struggled to recover even though I felt like I was trying to play relatively conservatively. I also had a stupid 3-putt bogey on a par 3. Other than that I had 3 pars and a birdie for a +7 43 with 15 total putts and I hit 5/7 fairways. Iron play was pretty sketchy again, but not horrible. Birdie hole below. The 3W off the tee was probably the best/longest I've hit in years. I wish I could bottle that swing....

1779081349_Hole142.thumb.png.bdf200a24a05b41ff3f0795d14c7f33c.png

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges