Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

21 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Last Men's League 18 today. I played terrible on the front including a double and a triple on 2  par 5's. Ended the front with a 50. Did better on the back, including a bird on a par 5 with a 44. For a total of 94. Drives were all straight but my gap wedge just didn't want to cooperate. 

Happened again yesterday - after playing 18 in league yesterday (see above) came home did a bunch of yard work - then my wife gets home from Bridge and says "do you want to run out and play 9 with me". Afterwards... oh the aches and pains ... 😱...... so I popped aspirin all night. On the other hand I shouldn't complain since she wants to golf. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 9/23/2019 at 8:26 PM, revkev said:

Sure it’s easy to have that attitude when you play 4 times a week like Sluggo. emoji31.pngemoji56.png🤣

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I play once or twice a week myself. Didn't get to play at all last week because of Tropical Storm Imelda flooding us here in Houston🌀.

But I will be playing Thursday and Saturday ( handicap Association Tourney ) this week 👍

I'll try to keep a good attitude lol 

Edited by daviddvm

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

I had a decent night in league last night. It was very close to a very good 9 for me, except for a double on our first hole thanks to a skulled gap wedge and a triple after a very tragic tee ball that I push-sliced into a tree that kicked almost straight back for a 74 yard total carry 🙄. From there I struggled to recover even though I felt like I was trying to play relatively conservatively. I also had a stupid 3-putt bogey on a par 3. Other than that I had 3 pars and a birdie for a +7 43 with 15 total putts and I hit 5/7 fairways. Iron play was pretty sketchy again, but not horrible. Birdie hole below. The 3W off the tee was probably the best/longest I've hit in years. I wish I could bottle that swing....

1779081349_Hole142.thumb.png.bdf200a24a05b41ff3f0795d14c7f33c.png

268 3 wood?? Mate, don't think about buying a driver.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Carted 18 this afternoon for a +2.  No stats but my putting was good, irons spots on, and pitching and chipping got me up and down when needed. 1 chip in birdie and 1 greenside sand save as well. 

Driver was so so and cost me a bogey. Beautiful fall day on an empty course. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

18 holes today at a course I am quite familiar with, and, the results showed that well.

I played the forward tees today, which I always have used. So, the yardage today was 5875.

Due to the storms of the past few days, there was some casual water, but none of it came into play for me this round.

Score was 82 (10 over Par). I usually shoot 95+ here.

This was the frustration of the day, a handful of better shots here or there I might have beaten 80!  Still, this was the best score of the year 2019 so far.  

I hit 50% of  fairways, another best for me.  And I have become harder on myself in counting "fairways" for myself.  This aspect has faltered due to poor direction for the last few months. When I missed a fairway it was from controllable reasons.

Of the 4 par three holes, I landed two drives in good position in the greens. 4 GIR total.

33 putts total, 5 of which were close but no cigars on the longest lines.

I saved par on 5 primarily to some good putting.

7 of the tee shots were rather off line, and I had 3 OB from the tee.  As well, I sent one swimming in a pond just off the green.  So penalties were, for me, way too plentiful

I am working to be ready for a seniors open tournament in November!

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

First time playing Timberton Golf Course in Hattiesburg, MS. Great condition, but I didn’t care for the layout with all of the blind shots off the tee, and Par 5s that require an iron off the tee box... I call courses like this “Rinky-Dink”. Shot 82 simply because I didn’t have my laser in my bag, so I had no way to get distances to the corners on the stupid holes. Three times I hit hybrid off the tee and was LONG, into the trees. Ugh.
Hit the driver well, and could’ve been in the 70s pretty easily if I knew the course. Neither of the Par 5s on the back allowed for a driver, even 3 wood. Ridiculous. A 4 iron off the tee on a Par 5... So stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

11 hours ago, MattF said:

268 3 wood?? Mate, don't think about buying a driver.

I can't hit my driver 268, but I can hit it consistently straighter than my 3W!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played a relaxed practice 9 today in perfect conditions. Shot 2 over, which is much better than I have been playing. 3/7 fairways, 3/9 greens (including both par 3's) Managed to miss in good places and putting was solid. Hopefully I can take this sort of play out  for real next time I play.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

17 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

In Hawaii and played Wailea Gold, then Emerald. Shot 78 on gold, and the then a 2 under 70 at Emerald.

will follow up with pics and storyline when I get home. But in a word, breathtaking...

Always a bonus when your game comes along on destination golf trips 👍.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Much different day compared to yesterdays round. Struggled my way to a 42.  Striking my irons very well but the high winds really messed with yardage. One hole Im hiting a 4h 170 into the wind.The next hole Im hitting a 185 yard 8i. Yeterday all pitches and chips were within 3 feet. Today 6-8 ft. 

Still a great fall evening. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Played round #4 this week at Bear Creek, HHI. Shot 41/44:85. Birdied the final hole! BTW, I am giving up on Arccos. Sure, it’s a fantastic system for keeping stats....however, the interface with my iWatch sucks! I5 keeps locking up after about 12 holes. I have spoken with an$ emailed Arccos Customer Service about this many times since last February yet no resolution. I just cannot understand how a company like Arccos could launch an iWatch interface and have not been able to make it work.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

6 hours ago, GB13 said:

Shot a really “meh” 77. Nothing was really sharp, irons were shaky, putter was cold, and chipping was just okay. Only redeeming thing were my drives that included a 330 yard bomb that set up a birdie on the #1 handicap hole. 

I'll take your meh 77 any day I play young man!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

77 and 330 yards I’ll take also. I can’t see 300 yards

250 is a push for me? Cataracts aren’t for sissies

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Played Bear Creek again today. Played the white tees, 6,126 yds, shot 47/45:92....no birdies

Played with locals from Oyster Bay GC. Great times, playing the White’s was a challenge and made me use my fairway woods a lot.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

Played Bear Creek again today. Played the white tees, 6,126 yds, shot 47/45:92....no birdiesemoji20.png

Played with locals from Oyster Bay GC. Great times, playing the White’s was a challenge and made me use my fairway woods a lot.

That's about the yardage I play, and I use a lot of FW/hybrids myself.

I played Oyster Bay many, many years ago.  Nice course.  I still have a sweater vest with their logo that I love.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Cra***y day. We had a pro-am event at Club today so my wife and I went to Sandusky to play at a sister Club. The greens were as fast as putting on ice and the wind was blowing 20+. Under normal conditions it's a tough course but today even tougher. I ended up with a 96. A few pars interspersed with doubles and a couple of triples.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Red Wing Lake Golf Course. Quick 9 after class.

38, 100% FIR, 67% GIR and 17 putts (two 3 putts). What a difference a coupe days makes!

That's some good ball striking there - good stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Had a company outing, 4 man scramble. Probably my best all around ball striking I've had in a long time, from tee to green. Putting was frustrating, aerated greens and burned so many edges...but can't complain!

Smoked some drives, had some great approaches. Our foursome hit every green in regulation, including a par 5 in two. Ended up -3, but could have easily been 5 or 6 under. Ended up losing by one stroke.

Only downside is the cooler weather was a not-too-friendly reminder that the playing season doesn't have a ton of time left😥

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

15 hours ago, Rickp said:

77 and 330 yards I’ll take also. I can’t see 300 yardsemoji106.png

To be completely honest, it carried about 230 yards landed on a downslope and rolled 100 yards. It hasn’t rained here in 3 weeks and everything is rock hard. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Honey Bee Golf Club in Virginia Beach yesterday. 87 (45/42, 86 ESC), 42% FIR, 22% GIR and 31 putts. I played this course before years ago, and it's short (5700 yards from the blacks, 6000 from the tips), but I was spraying tee shots, which put me in several bad situations. Regardless I enjoyed my last round in Va Beach and I'm looking forward to getting back to Hawaii!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

On 9/26/2019 at 2:40 PM, Sluggo42 said:

In Hawaii and played Wailea Gold, then Emerald. Shot 78 on gold, and the then a 2 under 70 at Emerald.

will follow up with pics and storyline when I get home. But in a word, breathtaking...

Wailea Gold and Emerald are easily two of the best values in all of Hawaii. Very nice scores on both courses!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Back in June I played in a scramble with three guys from our league. We won a round for the four of us at the Country Club of Hudson. We played there yesterday afternoon. The course was really nice and was in great shape. They had aerated the greens three weeks ago, but they were mostly healed and nice. Front 9 was better than I could have hoped for - 42 with 15 putts and a birdie on #1 handicap hole and a par on the second hardest hole on that 9. Back 9 was the opposite - I forgot how to hit the ball and had a streak of 5 doubles and a triple to finish with a 50. I'll take a 92 on a new course, but was a bit irritated with my inability to hit the ball on the back 9, especially irons - pull hook, push slice, fat, thin - I did all of them over that 6 hole stretch. A couple pics from the course:

20190927_153650.thumb.jpg.a53e2e009b10fa401b75cd65ac62c400.jpg

Yup, I had that lie on the first par 3. Successfully got it out and 2-putted for bogey. 

20190927_171551.thumb.jpg.ffd3de28a5dbbf1880c53e95cc23b5c3.jpg

20190927_170104.thumb.jpg.d3d81701714d65bcf4258166e952df2a.jpg

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Didn’t keep score today with a partner for a quick 18. He is 15 years older than me and his pro had him switch to graphite women’s shafts. Has a heck of an accurate game and really always had. So for some reason I was struggling badly early. Just out of curiosity I tried his clubs for a few holes. And walla, beautiful piercing draws with all that I tried. It felt so effortless swinging his clubs. I know the old adage of the Indian or the arrow. But the arrow i tried today had me thinking. Was really hard hitting a real bad shot with his clubs 

Keep it in the short stuff

17 minutes ago, Big money said:

Didn’t keep score today with a partner for a quick 18. He is 15 years older than me and his pro had him switch to graphite women’s shafts. Has a heck of an accurate game and really always had. So for some reason I was struggling badly early. Just out of curiosity I tried his clubs for a few holes. And walla, beautiful piercing draws with all that I tried. It felt so effortless swinging his clubs. I know the old adage of the Indian or the arrow. But the arrow i tried today had me thinking. Was really hard hitting a real bad shot with his clubs 

... Yup, it is mostly the Indian and not the arrow. But give a big strong Indian a bow that is easily pulled and flimsy and he wont hit his target. Give a smaller weaker Indian a stout bow he can't pull and he won't hit his target either. Finding the equipment that fits your swing is an absolute necessity to having a chance to hit your target. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x