TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

On 10/28/2019 at 6:29 PM, chisag said:

... Been struggling a little on some monsoon soaked courses in SC and Orlando. Played Eagle Point in Bluffton and at 6400 yds with only 3 par 5's, it was effectively 6550 yds, there was zero roll on every tee shot and I carded a 77 that felt like an 87. I moved up to the whites at 6036 the next round and still drives were plugging and only improved 2 strokes to a 75. Sister course Crescent Point was not as bad but still wet and CPO so some roll, but 20 mph winds on a course I didn't know caused us to abandon our scorecards and just enjoy the day. 

... Played Orange Lake Legends in Orlando and the greens are covered with an invasive grass that looks like crab grass so making putts was almost impossible and shot another 75 with one lone birdie. Finally got to play a course with at least some run off the tee at Orange County Panther Lakes today and I felt like a man that just got released from a prison term for a crime I didn't commit. Ended up with 2 bogies and 5 birdies. But to make sure I wasn't too comfortable I am guessing, they turned the sprinklers on for 3 holes in a row while we were playing them LOL and it was cart path only so we had to dodge the water between sprinkler rotations. Greens rolled nice though and a 69 felt really good as I was starting to get a little discouraged with the playing conditions. 

...  I don't know how you Fla guys play in this weather. 94* and humidity at 100% with the overnight rains and then watering the over seeded fairways. I can't believe I used to practice football in this weather when I was young. I played walking in 105* heat in Phoenix and although pretty hot, I did not feel uncomfortable enough to think about quitting. Today, the cart moving was the only thing to cool us off today and walks across those steamy fairways to a ball as far from the cart as possible just left my clothes soaked and wet. Thankfully clouds blocked the sun about 70% of the round but that 30% in direct sunlight was just brutal. Not sure I could have done all 18 in full sun so I tip my cap to you year round Sunshine State golfers!!! 

Your write-up explains why almost 40 million bi-peds live in CA.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Hot & HUMID this morning. Scoring was awful due to terrible chipping & putting, never gave myself a chance.
Driver and G410 irons were working and made the day bearable. Hit a few rockets off the irons and have to rethink some of my shots. Carry has improved and hope will continue.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

My season is likely over after last night, which sort of makes me sad because I feel like I have made some progress in the last month or so in terms of getting off the tee and since I don't really have access to an indoor place I can hit balls, I hope I don't revert back to old habits once next season starts. Last night I shot a +8 with a triple on the second hole - I pulled my second shot into a pond. I wasn't striking the ball all that great but ended up with 15 putts to keep things normal, score wise. I only hit 3 fairways, but my missed fairways still left me with reasonable shots, which I don't mind. Have you ever hit a flop shot with a hybrid? I did last night, unintentionally, of course. My tee shot on the first par 5 came to rest on top of some thick, fluffy rough. I was trying to hit a hybrid and I'm not entirely certain the club actually contacted the ball - I'm pretty sure the ball traveled just as far vertically as it did horizontally, which was 17 yards per Arccos. I could only laugh at myself.

Since (iI believe) you're in northeast Ohio - what about getting to the golf dome in Chagrin Falls? I haven't been there in years but understand they're still in business. A heated driving range is another option. I know that Windmill Golf Center in Macedonia has several heated bays.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Another lackluster performance on the links.  Shot an 84 that really felt more like a 90.  Struggled with my wedges on the soft,  recently sanded turf.  Lots of leaves and debris on the ground, including the green.  Any shot not dead in the middle of the fairway was hard to locate amongst the shiny leaves.  Shot of the day was a mediocre bunker shot that caught the collar and rolled forward, ticked a leaf redirecting the ball 1/2 inch or so into the hole for a birdie.  I'll be thankful when the final leaves have fallen and the maintenance crew clears them.  Too much work looking for golf balls (and not just my own!).

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

15 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Since (iI believe) you're in northeast Ohio - what about getting to the golf dome in Chagrin Falls? I haven't been there in years but understand they're still in business. A heated driving range is another option. I know that Windmill Golf Center in Macedonia has several heated bays.

I am in Akron. You are right about those options but they are not terribly close for me, but would certainly work if I got the itch. There was a range with heated bays about 10 minutes away that closed this year.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

4 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I am in Akron. You are right about those options but they are not terribly close for me, but would certainly work if I got the itch. There was a range with heated bays about 10 minutes away that closed this year.

Don't forget Top Golf when it opens.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

... Another windy, hot and humid day in Orlando and played my last round for awhile. More comfortable on the greens and made some long putts and chipped in 2 times to save par but still only managed 2 birdies to go with 3 bogies so a 73 for my final day. Could be better but could be worse so no complaints. I did get to take a picture of one of my favorite birds at Champions Gate, the Anhinga. The only waterfowl that does not have oil in it's feather so it can dive deep and stay submerged hunting fish. But when done fishing, it has to spread it's wings and dry them off in the air or it can't fly. Many of you have probably seen them along the side of a water body drying off. Nature is just so amazing!

Anhinga.jpg.6f2fc2d21dab041f0152a97b7916f5c5.jpg

We saw a couple of Falcons Wednesday but I wasn’t fast enough with the camera.
Love seeing ALL those birds on the course.
Anhinga’s are all over the place here.
Like Greg Gutfeld says “animals are great”

Rick

Left Hand, 

... Another windy, hot and humid day in Orlando and played my last round for awhile. More comfortable on the greens and made some long putts and chipped in 2 times to save par but still only managed 2 birdies to go with 3 bogies so a 73 for my final day. Could be better but could be worse so no complaints. I did get to take a picture of one of my favorite birds at Champions Gate, the Anhinga. The only waterfowl that does not have oil in it's feather so it can dive deep and stay submerged hunting fish. But when done fishing, it has to spread it's wings and dry them off in the air or it can't fly. Many of you have probably seen them along the side of a water body drying off. Nature is just so amazing!

Anhinga.jpg.6f2fc2d21dab041f0152a97b7916f5c5.jpg

Very similar to a Cormorant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

“Bacon Boys” off to a Exec on the edge of The Villages. Cart roads and bridges aren’t completed so we have to drive and rent carts for $3.00.
Last time we were here there was only marsh and woods I guess that changedIMG_0304.JPGIMG_0302.JPG

Rick

Left Hand, 

6 hours ago, Rickp said:

“Bacon Boys” off to a Exec on the edge of The Villages. Cart roads and bridges aren’t completed so we have to drive and rent carts for $3.00.
Last time we were here there was only marsh and woods I guess that changedemoji12.pngIMG_0304.JPGIMG_0302.JPG

So The Villages are expanding?  Not surprising considering we're just now coming into the middle of the boomer population retiring.  Maybe those guys who offered "I have some swampland in Florida for sale" were really being genuine. 🙂

So The Villages are expanding?  Not surprising considering we're just now coming into the middle of the boomer population retiring.  Maybe those guys who offered "I have some swampland in Florida for sale" were really being genuine. 

When I moved here 7 1/2 years ago there were approximately 65,000 ole farts now it has more than doubled.
Yes, the swampland in FL did become communities.
Our house when we moved in was on the edge of TV now we’re in the middle.

Rick

Left Hand, 

You only have to look at this screen shot to know I wasn't playing and now probably won't be for a while. IMG_5079.thumb.JPG.0f49ef1c59040d650690ec69b15800c9.JPG

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

13 minutes ago, Rickp said:

When I moved here 7 1/2 years ago there were approximately 65,000 ole farts now it has more than doubled.
Yes, the swampland in FL did become communities.
Our house when we moved in was on the edge of TV now we’re in the middle.

My parents moved to Ft. Lauderdale the year my Dad returned from WWII.  Both born and raised in MA, he simply couldn't handle the winter having been in the Pacific for the better part of 4 years.  I recall their stories about watching places, once considered swampland, seemingly becoming a new city overnight. When I played on the JGA, we had a tournament at the (then) brand new Jackie Gleason Inverrary GC and surrounding development.  That was considered out in nowhere. We recently looked at homes at Sun City Festival (Buckeye, AZ) which many say is just too far out of the greater Phoenix area... just wait 10 years.  This same story just keeps recycling.  

83, mostly due to less than stellar chipping and putting.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

Last time we were here there was only marsh and woods I guess that changedIMG_0304.thumb.JPG.ffbc4581fdb93f1d44819a45e83f662f.JPGIMG_0302.thumb.JPG.872c3d3a919b0a4c2c27079afcb2f1c7.JPG

Who knows, this could be the site of our next home

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played yesterday for the first time in over 3 weeks! I’ve been on a course twice in that period to test golf balls but I was doing that, not playing golf to keep score.

Played pretty well once I shook off the rust 39-39, 78. The front nine at St Pete CC is generally 2 shots easier than the back - I bogeyed 3 of the first 5 holes before I got settled in with my short game.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

41-37 for a 78 today.  My chipping was so bad that my teammates were begging me to hit the green in regulation, just so they didn't have to watch.  2 doubles were negated by 4 birdies.

On 10/28/2019 at 6:16 PM, CarlH said:

No kidding!  I grew up in Florida and spent most of my adult life in the southeast where heat and humidity were typical.  I didn't realize how bad it was until I finally moved out west and found out about low humidity!  Even though it was 100 in Colorado, I was playing golf and not sweating like a stuck pig like I would have been in the same temperature in Charleston, SC with humidity above 95%!  I sure don't miss that humidity!  

I don't miss it either!!  I have had many convention meetings in Naples and Orlando... in July!!  I always stayed for an extra week to play, although sometimes I wondered why.  Maybe the cheap golf!!  

I've lived in the desert here in Washington for 50 years.  100+ days are common in the summer, but golf early in the morning is not the best time.  Irrigation all night long and then the sun hits the grass at 5am and the humidity until 11am on the course reminds me of Florida.  It's better after noon, but it's a dry heat.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 11/1/2019 at 4:48 PM, fixyurdivot said:

My parents moved to Ft. Lauderdale the year my Dad returned from WWII.  Both born and raised in MA, he simply couldn't handle the winter having been in the Pacific for the better part of 4 years.  I recall their stories about watching places, once considered swampland, seemingly becoming a new city overnight. When I played on the JGA, we had a tournament at the (then) brand new Jackie Gleason Inverrary GC and surrounding development.  That was considered out in nowhere. We recently looked at homes at Sun City Festival (Buckeye, AZ) which many say is just too far out of the greater Phoenix area... just wait 10 years.  This same story just keeps recycling.  

Actually, being on the outskirts of greater Phoenix is not such a bad thing.  My BIL lives in Surprise which not all that long ago was "out in nowhere".  Now it's it's own city, and everything you need is a short drive away, maybe even by golf cart.  Unless I was going to play golf at a course on the other side of Phoenix, I would likely never drive into/around Phoenix.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Another day of good tee shots, good short game (short putting was medicore), and bad iron play. Spent some time on the range and hit the ball well but it didn't carry over to the course.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Got out yesterday afternoon for what may be the last round of the year. It was 45*F with a stiff 15mph wind. Was the only one on the course and barely hit any greens but glad I got out to play. Got 18 holes in and think I shot about 88 only kept score mentally. Was also trying to implement a few tips I got during my true spec fitting. So mixed bag of shots and probably some over compensation on swing mechanics.

Using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
4W:  Maltby KE4 
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50,54,58: Maltby TSW

Putter:  L.A.B. DF2.1 Accra Shaft 2023 Forum Testers - L.A.B. Putters
Ball: Mixed prefer ProV1 or Snell
Handicap: 9.2  -  Best Score: 72 (E) Springdale CC, Canton NC -2022

2020 Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

38/38 for a sweet little 76.  Ball striking was solid for the most part.  Putting was good.  Left a couple of birdies out there, but overall felt good about my game today.

Even par 72 yesterday. First round with the Cleveland Elevado frontline putter.

I had 6 birdies on the round. One from 25ft, two from 18ft, and the rest from 5-7ft.

I obviously had some stinker holes in there as well, but I was very happy with the score, given I hadn’t played or hit a ball in two weeks.

Most of the back-nine was into the wind.

4-birdies in a row on the front!

IMG_4854.PNG

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

Could only get 9 holes in this morning, having the house painted and want to be there on 1st day.
65’ who knew it would ever get below 70’ in central FL!
Shot a Pedestrian 43, driver was good to me except on 9th hole. Getting used to the G410 iron distances and new Lie angle. Carry distance didn’t make sense on a couple iron shot but I’m writing it off as new iron Honeymoon. Absolutely killed a 7iron from 175. Have no idea what happened as it was supposed to be a safe shot to keep away from water and bunker but got to the green. My 7 iron is a 150 tops.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played with my eldest son for our regular Monday round. Just an absolutely beautiful fall day - mid-60's and only a light breeze (10 mph). Started out a but rusty and had an opening bogey but settled down with 2 birdies on the front. Played really well on the back with 4 birdies but just really enjoyed the day with my son - those times are so great and one of the reasons I love golf :)

FIR 9/14

GIR 15/18

Putts 29

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Played with my eldest son for our regular Monday round. Just an absolutely beautiful fall day - mid-60's and only a light breeze (10 mph). Started out a but rusty and had an opening bogey but settled down with 2 birdies on the front. Played really well on the back with 4 birdies but just really enjoyed the day with my son - those times are so great and one of the reasons I love golf :)

FIR 9/14
GIR 15/18
Putts 26

Killing it as always!! When was the last time you had more than 30 putts in a round?

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

Killing it as always!! When was the last time you had more than 30 putts in a round?

I had to edit my post to 29 putts but my average putts per round is 28. It is without question the strength of my game. I'd have to go through my cards to see when I've had 30+ putts but it happens for sure.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer