TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Early 9 holes, 57’ @ Tee Time, beautiful morning. 4 pars 5 bogeys 41. Putter kept me from getting any doubles.
Irons are getting better!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

7 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

If the course uses local rule for preferred lies you should post. Our course plays winter rules all winter. But like you if everyone is doing it I am going to do it also. 

Within each section, all defined terms are in italics and are listed alphabetically in Section 2 - Definitions.

7-1. Acceptability of Scores When Playing Preferred Lies

Scores made when a Local Rule for preferred lies (winter rules,) is in effect must be posted for handicap purposes unless the Committee (preferably the Handicap Committee in consultation with the Committee in charge of the course) determines that course conditions are so poor that such scores are not acceptable and should not be posted. Individual players playing the course do not independently decide whether scores are acceptable because of the conditions. If an individual decides to apply some form of this Local Rule, and the Committee has not invoked such a rule, the player's score is acceptable and must be posted for handicap purposes.

Yes, I understand, and I do post every round that I play during our posting season.  My point is that the course should continue to play summer rules as long as possible, unless conditions warrant otherwise.  Case in point is this year.  Our weather has been beautiful and, with the exception of leaves falling, the course is in every bit as good of shape as it is in September, yet our course went to winter rules based on a calendar rather than conditions.  They do the same thing come spring and continue to play preferred lies far too long (in my opinion, which holds very little value in the grand scheme of things).

But, I digress.....back to our regular channel....How'd you play today?

🙂  🙂  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Rushed out of work to get as many holes possible as rain is coming. 15 minutes from work and realized I had some keys I had to take back.Turned around and back to work. Dropped keys off and took a different route home only to find the on ramp closed. Back to original route and finally made the course thinking on 5-6 holes. 

Teed off dead in to the sun and never saw it.  Felt like I tugged it and sure enough I found it under the trees left side. Bogey on an easy par 5. Settled down and was +2 after 8 thanks to a birdie on #8 then doubled #9. My worst hole on my course. Its generally a short iron in but the steep slope and creek behind begs me to take 1 less club. Then I end up backing it off the sloped green.

Ive been really focusing on getting more aggressive with short irons but this hole is in my head and my playing partners can see it. Dont think Ive been in that creek but once in two years. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

Yes, I understand, and I do post every round that I play during our posting season.  My point is that the course should continue to play summer rules as long as possible, unless conditions warrant otherwise.  Case in point is this year.  Our weather has been beautiful and, with the exception of leaves falling, the course is in every bit as good of shape as it is in September, yet our course went to winter rules based on a calendar rather than conditions.  They do the same thing come spring and continue to play preferred lies far too long (in my opinion, which holds very little value in the grand scheme of things).

But, I digress.....back to our regular channel....How'd you play today?

🙂  🙂  

Oh in that case I agree with you 100%. Our members have decided that winter rules will be in affect on the calendar even though it’s 80 and we haven’t had rain all year. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

7/14 fir
12/18 gir
27 putts
One of my most solid rounds of the year. Missed fairways were by about 2 yards, all of them. Missed greens were left in great positions except 1 and I hit great flop to 2 feet. Played par 4’s in 3 under, par 5’s in 2 under. My 2 bogeys were on holes I normally bogey. 205 yard par 3 that has a green sloped like a mountain and 221 yard par 3 that I missed 8 footer on. Overall extremely pleased.

Great round ZIPR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

12/14 fir
12/18 gir
28 putts
First time I have shot in the 60’s in back to back rounds and it was on 2 different course. This game is a blast sometimes. The 2 fairways I missed, I made birdie. Hit the best 5w of my life from 233 to 5 feet, made the eagle. Unfortunately it will be another week before I play again. 

Another great round - good stuff. Mighty solid.

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

First sunny day in ages, but that meant very very cold, course on winter greens so I didnt play, cant do winter greens!

Practiced chipping and putting for an hour just to warm up lol

Not a great post or story but its all I've got in this horrible weather🙄

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Was lucky enough to play with a customer down in San Antonio where it was 80* and sunny.  Haven't played much of any golf the past 3 months, but was able to really hit the ball well and was consistent all day.  Shot 3 over at The Quarry golf course, which was in good shape for this time of year.  And lucky for me the greens had just been overseeded or else they would have been much much faster.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

OK finally a decent enough round... After making incremental but steady progress through the summer, to where I had a few 9 hole rounds of 43 and two 18 hole rounds of 92 and 90, I totally reversed course and was getting further and further away from that very elusive "Breaking 90" thing.

Played 9 yesterday (possibly last warm day for a while .. some of that white s*** fell outta the sky here today...) and while I didn't make any new records I generally hit the ball solidly with far fewer mistakes vs recently. Putting was a bit off as I seemed to make several mis-reads.

So after an... 
.. opening double (left a short approach in the bunker); 
.. two nice pars back to back (145 yd Par 3 to the upper-back of a two-tiered green; then a double dogleg Par 5 with a solid drive that carried to the far side of the dogleg left and into the right rough then an 8i to lay up and a 9i to about 15-20 feet below the pin); 
.. another double (pulled approach left and thinned the pitch on which ran thru the green); 
.. and then a few bogeys; 
.. so I was in good shape (bogey average) going into the last hole (#18, we played the Back 9)..

..which is a hole I really wanted to play well. You tee off looking at the crest of a hill which turns left and runs steeply downhill towards the clubhouse; the fairway stops at the bottom of the hill then there's thick and wet rough, and then a large oval-shaped bunker fronting the sort of oval-shaped green.

So the trick is to catch the crest with your tee shot and get your ball to run downhill. My drive carried far enough but I hit it to the right of the "line" and ended up in the far right corner of the dogleg left... Had a decent enough lie but was still about 175-180 out from pin in the back-right corner. I'm not typically a go-for-it golfer (since I'm trying to play for bogey) but looking down I didn't see a lot of good bailout/layup spots from where I was. Well, you know what happens next -- boom. Double.

But overall an ok round and feel like I'm making forward progress again. Planning to take more lessons - and practice even more - over the winter!!

Oh, PS:
+10 but still 10 (TEN!) strokes better vs the last time on that Back 9!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

7 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

First sunny day in ages, but that meant very very cold, course on winter greens so I didnt play, cant do winter greens!

Practiced chipping and putting for an hour just to warm up lol

Not a great post or story but its all I've got in this horrible weather🙄

Beaver moon tonight as well, y'all will know what that means this time of year.

Gritters are out in force.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Ho hum 82.   I lost interest and focus about half way through the round.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Yesterday 74 then even on the back 9 afterwards 

Yesterday 74 then even on the back 9 afterwards 

Sounds like a rough front nine. Glad you turned it around on the back nine.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

74 today

-1 thru the front, then plus 5 on the next 3 holes. Then -1 the rest of the way.

my buddy matched his low at this track with a 67. 

83 thanks to two doubles. Played about 14 holes with another member that I had never played with before. Good pairing. 

Played the same ProV1 all the way. Every iron shot I hit today was short. Nutted a 5i that went 170 instead of 185.  90y wedges going 85 maybe.  That ball off irons was crazy short. Same ball off 3w and 5w was 10 to 15 yards longer.  ir temp was mid to low 50s. I do think that ball was a water ball I found it didnt have my marking on it. 

Didplay 4 holes with a 58 year old solo thst caught us. Ex Marine and spent some time as a PGA pro. He was here from Tenn. visiting his daughter. A real stick.  -1  during those 4 holes. Looking forward to him coming back. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I wasn't going to play today but the golf course in my neighborhood is closing and I had to play it one more time. I'm really sad to see it close - I have so many great memories there and living in a neighborhood with a golf course has been really fun. It's not a great course but it's fun and it has always had a special place in my heart. It was 50* today with a pretty good breeze so it felt a bit colder but the sun was shining and I enjoyed being out there. This time of year my back is always an issue and today I was particularly stiff so I played the white tees at 6196. I took a lot of extra club but I played really well - so much better than I deserved - it just seemed meant to be that my final round at this course would be a really good one. 

FIR 8/12

FIR 15/18

Putts: 27

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Played a quick round today instead of working and put up a nice 1 over 72. Nice to get back out and play a bit before the snow really hits.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Played today at the St Lucie Trail club. Very nice track - did play 2 balls on the front as a part of my Maxfli testing.

Shot 75 with those two balls and then added a 37 on the back playing 1 ball.

Hit it about as well as I am able. Tricky course. ARCCOS and range finder really helped, that and I really don’t hit it far enough to get into trouble. :)

I do hit it very straight though and hit some great approach shots. Worked my way around a strange course nicely -it’s a Fazio course so I knew the drill heading in - avoid the traps. Never hit it into a single one.

No rain? We got rained out today.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played a short 9-hole course this afternoon and I seem to be back on the bogey golf train after several weeks of way, waaay worse golfing. Just trying to focus on the ball and make good contact, and - importantly - trying to limit my mistakes. Didn't hit a lot of great shots but then .. didn't hit too many really terrible ones, either. One double on the lone Par 5 after I hooked the uphill approach shot OB; one par on the closing Par 3 and the rest bogeys.

A few good tee shots; short game could, of course, be sharper but it was ok enough and don't feel like I wasted shots there; chunked a few second shots so that's something that clearly needs more work.

Separate topic but I recently got a free Golftec lesson after making a donation to the PGA Hope program - it seemed to go well so I signed up for a few more. I know they don't have the best reputation but I got an older guy who seemed to genuinely care so it seemed worth a shot; plan on spreading out the sessions over the winter with LOTS of purposeful practice interspersed between.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

First round for a couple of weeks after a sore back put me out of action. Started well with a birdie, holed a 50 foot downhill putt that looked in from 20 feet. It all went backwards after that, hit a bad shot on every hole for the next 11 holes and missed way too many 6-10 foot putts. Finished a bit better, ended up 12 over.

Most of my bad shots were due to overswinging. Need to remember that 2/3 is the new full. Had an enjoyable day despite the poor play. Played with a long term mate and a couple of his mates who have recently joined my club. Lots of laughs interspersed with some good golf. For a change the weather was pretty good, only blowing 1 1/2 - 2 clubs.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

On 11/14/2019 at 4:50 PM, pulledabill said:

83 thanks to two doubles. Played about 14 holes with another member that I had never played with before. Good pairing. 

Played the same ProV1 all the way. Every iron shot I hit today was short. Nutted a 5i that went 170 instead of 185.  90y wedges going 85 maybe.  That ball off irons was crazy short. Same ball off 3w and 5w was 10 to 15 yards longer.  ir temp was mid to low 50s. I do think that ball was a water ball I found it didnt have my marking on it. 

Didplay 4 holes with a 58 year old solo thst caught us. Ex Marine and spent some time as a PGA pro. He was here from Tenn. visiting his daughter. A real stick.  -1  during those 4 holes. Looking forward to him coming back. 

Our 76-year old Marine Lt. Col. pilot the we play with told me that there are no Ex Marines.  Once a Marine... always a Marine.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Our 76-year old Marine Lt. Col. pilot the we play with told me that there are no Ex Marines.  Once a Marine... always a Marine.  

That is true, and having a Marine in my family and buddies who are Marines, I should know better. 

Edited by pulledabill

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

9 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

Tried to play a twilight 18 at Mamala Bay with [mention=72400]yungkory[/mention], but we got caught behind a super slow foursome and only made it through 15. I shot 42 on the front and was even through 15 before we ran out of daylight. Damn, damn, DAMN!!!

IMG_0338.JPG

... With snow on the ground and wind chill in the teens, I would be thrilled to play 15 holes on an island in the Pacific! 😎   That said, I certainly understand the frustration of being behind a s-l-o-w group. One of the days my goal is to join you and YK for a round of golf. Still never been to Hawaii but it will happen! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I believe that’s correct from all the Marines I’ve known.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Getting ready to play in our club’s Turkey tournament in support of Union Gospel Mission. Everyone brings a turkey. Stuppit games on nearly every hole.

Foggy and 38*.
Image1573924687.265266.jpg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

We didn’t play today, too cold! It’s 52’, little windy and cloudy.
We have collectively turned into a group of ole FL Weenies.

Rick

Left Hand,