Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

7 hours ago, DrMJG said:

Should have posted this a few days ago. During break in the weather pattern, we had the chance to play the TPC Champion course in Scottsdale. And, my friend, who is a member, paid!

Total 99,  Putts 30, 6 penalties from out of bounds, 2 water penalties,  46% fairways

Considering I never played there before, I felt fairly good. It was tough for me; I did not play it very well. The OB shots may simply be the result of trying to hit too hard.

No rain that day, but, it was quite cool and the course itself was somewhat wet.

I tended to pull it left; even the good shots were strong draws.

Will play TPC and I will plan it to e a warmer drier day.

I played the Champions course back in 1993, but from the recent photos, it's changed A LOT!  I'd only been playing golf for a year and sprayed it everywhere.  I need to go back.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

42 (par 37) with 2 doubles when my tee shots got me in trouble. Sadly made 2 birdies and still shot 5 over 😞

15 putts

2/7 FiR

3/9 GiR

Couldn't get off the tee to save my life. One of the fairways that I hit was with 3w on a short dog-leg. Need to get it in check before the Bridgestone testing or it's going to be very short-lived for me LOL.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Interesting - I had an interesting round - it’s been five weeks since I’ve played - the longest gap in years - shot 82.

What was interesting was how well I drive it - I have restarted SuperSpeed and distance returned - I was light years longer than the guys that I played with - had 2 career drives on a course I’ve played at least 100 times and it was extremely wet - the wettest December that I can remember in Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Stunk it up big time today, but not too disappointed. Guy I was playing with played left handed but putted right handed. I asked him about it, he explained he was off single figures right handed, but had several tumours removed from his neck that prevented him from swinging so he changed to left handed. Perspective is a great thing.

Despite all my trials and tribulations this year, my handicap has ended up lower than last year so complaining about bad golf would be both churlish and short sighted.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Interesting - I had an interesting round - it’s been five weeks since I’ve played - the longest gap in years - shot 82.

What was interesting was how well I drive it - I have restarted SuperSpeed and distance returned - I was light years longer than the guys that I played with - had 2 career drives on a course I’ve played at least 100 times and it was extremely wet - the wettest December that I can remember in Florida.

We only have an 7+ year window but that’s the truth, raining now.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

From Kapalua Plantation Course on 12/27 on the Gold/Silver combo tees (6407 yards). 

91 (47/44, ESC 90), 40% FIR, 22% GIR and 34 putts (with three 3 jacks). I was more frustrated after the fact because it's hard to let much get to you at such an amazing course. Continuing my 2019 trend, my index is trending up even more so I have my work cut out for me in 2020!

IMG_0629.JPG

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Shooting -1 on the front 9, getting a birdie and eagle on the back, but still finishing 3 over

47618997_tenor(1).gif.dd6cc945bd18483a065f0cd58f0a1b75.gif

But seriously, I pounded the ball off the tee, irons were enfuego and putting was great despite shaggy December greens. 

Shot 4 over on the last 3 holes (combination of awful pin placements, bad decision making and bad luck) . Woof. 

My wife and I played with a couple we've known for years.  I met them on a business trip in 1997; we played The Pointe Hilton at Tapatio Cliffs in Phoenix.  I later found out that she was a high school graduate here locally, and they both now work for the company I retired from 4 years ago.  She also played junior hockey and outdrives me by 20 yards.  Good player.  

It was 35º and overcast today but no wind.  I had one birdie on the front nine and one on the back nine, but shot 81 (+4/+5).  I had two doubles.  I played the front nine pretty well... until #5 where I had 6 bad shots in a row.  My other double came on #18 where I came up short of the green in the bunker next to the lip and took two shots to get on the green.  Not a good way to end the round, but except for those two doubles, I played very well in the cold weather.

Today was my wife's birthday and she was happy.  Played better today than she has all year...  broke 90.  Happy wife; happy life!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My wife and I played with a couple we've known for years.  I met them on a business trip in 1997; we played The Pointe Hilton at Tapatio Cliffs in Phoenix.  I later found out that she was a high school graduate here locally, and they both now work for the company I retired from 4 years ago.  She also played junior hockey and outdrives me by 20 yards.  Good player.  
It was 35º and overcast today but no wind.  I had one birdie on the front nine and one on the back nine, but shot 81 (+4/+5).  I had two doubles.  I played the front nine pretty well... until #5 where I had 6 bad shots in a row.  My other double came on #18 where I came up short of the green in the bunker next to the lip and took two shots to get on the green.  Not a good way to end the round, but except for those two doubles, I played very well in the cold weather.
Today was my wife's birthday and she was happy.  Played better today than she has all year...  broke 90.  Happy wife; happy life!

Happy Birthday

Rick

Left Hand, 

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Today was my wife's birthday and she was happy.

Happy birthday Mrs B!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

We only have an 7+ year window but that’s the truth, raining now.

IMG_1510.JPG

Today’s Tampa Bay Times! :)

And this is without a significant hit from a tropical system.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 12/26/2019 at 2:29 PM, perseveringgolfer said:

If ONLY I could chip "I could've been a contender, I could've been somebody......" (points for the person who knows the movie) 😉

Don't know if its already been answered, but .. Marlon Brando in "On The Waterfront".

"You was my bruddah, Charlie .."

Oh, PS: your avatar pic is from Goldfinger 🙂

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

5 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Don't know if its already been answered, but .. Marlon Brando in "On The Waterfront".

correct, and yes it was already answered, but thanks for playing!

Also correct on my avatar, could there BE a better avatar for my golf SPY than the most famous spy in the world playing golf?

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

21 hours ago, jlukes said:

Shot 4 over on the last 3 holes (combination of awful pin placements, bad decision making and bad luck) . Woof. 

yup, those darn pesky greenkeepers need to place the pins in easier spots or how can we be expected to enjoy our golf! Jees! 😂

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

23 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

From Kapalua Plantation Course on 12/27 on the Gold/Silver combo tees (6407 yards). 

91 (47/44, ESC 90), 40% FIR, 22% GIR and 34 putts (with three 3 jacks). I was more frustrated after the fact because it's hard to let much get to you at such an amazing course. Continuing my 2019 trend, my index is trending up even more so I have my work cut out for me in 2020!

IMG_0629.JPG

Wow.... Is there ever, anywhere, ever a bad pic of Hawaii???????? NICE!

And good luck with your '20 goals 🤙

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

24 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

yup, those darn pesky greenkeepers need to place the pins in easier spots or how can we be expected to enjoy our golf! Jees! 😂

Winter in the north east leads to to greens keepers placing the pin in areas on the green that are technically illegal. Handicap season is over so there is no reason to put pins in the legal spots.

This pin was in between to tiers and along a spine. You wouldn't see such a setup in a mini golf hole! 

Didn’t keep score as the course is still flooded so we play a combined course again.

But I did finish with 2 birdies and 3 par. Kept the driver in the bag and was crushing my 6i off the tee. Hitting it 200 yards consistently.

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

IMG_1510.thumb.JPG.f6a569e3145f47453f9184dc759d5027.JPG

Today’s Tampa Bay Times! :)

And this is without a significant hit from a tropical system.

Rain just stopped but supposed to resume later today. I guess I should have expected it when we moved to Florida. But it is 80’

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Winter in the north east leads to to greens keepers placing the pin in areas on the green that are technically illegal. Handicap season is over so there is no reason to put pins in the legal spots.

This pin was in between to tiers and along a spine. You wouldn't see such a setup in a mini golf hole! 

if you mean TWO, then it certainly happens a lot in links golf, same for everyone and great fun!

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Don't forget that wonderful score by Leonard Bernstein!

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

We used to call that “Greenskeeper Revenge”.
There would be a Club Tournament near end of the year and the Greenskeeper would place pins in the worst possible location on each green. Then cut them close and as fast as possible. It was fun because everyone had to play them. Lowest amount of putts won.

Rick

Left Hand, 

8 hours ago, Rickp said:

Rain just stopped but supposed to resume later today. I guess I should have expected it when we moved to Florida. But it is 80’emoji16.png

🌧️  At 80º it's still a cold shower!!  🌧️

My wife and I played again to day.  Same temp as yesterday... 35º but we had a 10 mph breeze.  Cold to the bone!  Same pin locations; shot the same score as yesterday... 81 but   45 + 36  🤣🤣  I had to laugh!!  one of those days!

🌧️  At 80º it's still a cold shower!!  🌧️

True, but a lot better than a 40’ shower

Rick

Left Hand, 

Wet but got 9 in. Shot 41 (+5).
A few of my bump & runs turned out to be bump & splat.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I'm a couple of days late on this one, but I played Saturday and it wasn't pretty. I haven't played in three months, but have been going to the range regularly. Shot a 107 and couldn't hit a good shot with a wedge to save my life. My worst hole was a five over on a par 5. I hit a good drive, a great 3 wood, and then proceeded to donate balls to a small pond guarding the green.

I will say there were some positives, my 3 wood was a star. With the exception of one topped shot of 75 yards, I averaged 198 with it. I also hit 8/14 fairways, including on my nemesis hole on this course, the 10th.

I'm not going to complain, it was a beautiful day to be on the course and it'll give me motivation to get better.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

This morning 7:20 Tee Time and 45’ light wind. We played 2 holes, par 1st hole, birdie 2nd so technically 1 underIMG_0519.JPG
Made the putt.
Left my watch on and realized after I got home that I’m pretty close to 2nd green.IMG_0521.JPG

Rick

Left Hand, 

This morning 7:20 Tee Time and 45’ light wind. We played 2 holes, par 1st hole, birdie 2nd so technically 1 underIMG_0519.thumb.JPG.84721cf98b28a45b3c5c9f9e18caceb4.JPG
Made the putt.
Left my watch on and realized after I got home that I’m pretty close to 2nd green.IMG_0521.thumb.JPG.336e0294a4b8773b21211982b8f289f6.JPG

Brrr! I wouldn’t have gotten two in!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

This morning 7:20 Tee Time and 45’ light wind. We played 2 holes, par 1st hole, birdie 2nd so technically 1 underemoji12.pngIMG_0519.JPG
Made the putt.
Left my watch on and realized after I got home that I’m pretty close to 2nd green.IMG_0521.JPG

One under thru 2... good time to call it for adverse weather and head to the clubhouse for some beer and trash talk 😉

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)