Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

... Changing your behavior is a learned skill. I was lucky because at an early age I played Qb and when I threw an interception I could let it fester or forget it and move on. Festering was counter productive and it did not take me long to learn that, so when I threw a pick I learned from it and moved on. Next possession it was already forgotten and I was concentrating on the play that was just called. Nothing else. Same thing for acting and auditions. Once I finished an audition, I let it go completely because it was out of my control. The more I did it, the easier it got until quite often the next day another actor would ask if I had an audition yesterday and I would reply yes, but don't remember what it was because my mind was on the audition I was about to have right now. 

... Golf is exactly the same. As much of a cliche as it sounds, you can only play one stroke at a time and that stroke is the only one that matters. When you do that, thinking you need 5 more pars to break 80 will not be an option because if you are only concentrating in the shot you have right now, you will have no idea what you need to break par. The only time I am aware of my score is when I have all pars because that is hard to ignore, but once I have a bogie, birdie or eagle I lose lost track because I'm only thinking about the shot I am about to have. Nothing else is important. Same thing for hitting a ball in the water and thinking "I need to hit a couple of great shot to save bogie". If you hit it in the water, take your drop and only concentrate on what is the best shot to attempt right now. This will improve your focus and your execution. 

... Facing a long putt, entertaining the thought that this is a 3 putt just waiting too happen is the same thing. That's 2 more shots ahead of the shot you are playing. Look at the putt and only focus on your speed and line and hit the very best putt you can. The rest will take care of itself. By thinking positive about the only shot you have control over, you give yourself your best chance of making it a good one. And repeating myself, but the same thing happens if that first putt rolls 6 feet past or comes up 6 feet short. Forget the putt you just made and only concentrate on making the putt you are now facing. By now I hope you can see every single shot is a singular challenge and as a competitor you want to embrace every challenge with your best effort. 

... I know some of you are thinking this is pretty much impossible, especially after playing many years, but it really isn't. If you are serious about breaking 100, 90, 80 or 70 play golf and only focus on the shot you have to make right now. I think you might be surprised at your score when the round is over. It is also much more fun and relaxing to hit your the shot to the best of your ability giving it your best effort, then shift your focus to your partners or enjoy your surroundings and only get back to the golf when preparing for your next shot. Remember, this is a learned behavior so if thoughts creep in about future holes or what's needed to break 80, just recognize it and then keep doing the best you can with concentrating on one shot only and you will get better and better at it!

This is so true - I do it so much that i rarely know what my score is until I finish. It especially includes shots out of trouble. My last round I hit what looked like a beautiful drive but the wind got it and then it kicked left to boot - went down a hill into a hazard but I could get it and play it. Rather than dwelling on the bad break and doing something stupid I hacked it out to a good yardage, hit my wedge to 15 feet. Even though I missed the par putt I was satisfied that I hit three good shots in a row - four really, the drive was a good shot that the wind got and the putt was a good roll, it just didn’t drop.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Played one hole. 40’, windy and outright nasty.
We’ve played B4 in this Temp but the wind was deciding factor.
Bogie’s the hole.....

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

12 hours ago, Rickp said:

Bogie’s the hole.....

I saw the forecast.  The Bacon Boys should skip golf!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

14 hours ago, CarlH said:

We spent a week at the RV resort in Borrego Springs a few years ago.  The Rams Hill course is the only course worth playing there.  Other than golf or ATV riding, there's not a lot to do in BS.    We're going to be in Indio next January ... you guys going there again next year?  We can have our own thread 🙂  

Not sure yet.  We usually alternate between Palm Springs and Phoenix area, but have done Hawaii and Florida.  Might do Tucson.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

We played Indian Palms CC in Indio today with a single from Canada; great guy!!  I have never played with a Canadian that I didn't enjoy playing with.  Never played this course before.  Sorry, no pics.  Not very scenic; holes meander through houses and condos; 3 nines, one was built in 1947.  It was an interesting course, but you could tell that they have taken some cost-cutting measures.  The overseed didn't take that well; the fairways were very thin with still some dormant bermuda.  Ball goes nowhere if even just a little fat.  If the fairways were in better shape, I'd play it again; the greens were OK.  Shot 84.  Nothing special, but putted better than I have all week.  Typical hole was the par 5 #18...  Driver to left center of fairway; pond in front of the green, so I calculate my layup yardage near the 100 yard marker... a 9i.  Chunked the 9i; then hit my 5H to middle of green and 2 putt for par.  Why do I do this to myself?

40/49

6/14 FiR

6/18 GiR

34 Putts

Didn't hit a single green on the back 9 until 18, two because of bad tee shots leading to penalty strokes. Not sure what happened at the turn but I lost all my juice. New Tour B X is pretty nice though! Follow our review thread!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Bogie’s the hole.....

Yup, right to IHOP

Rick

Left Hand, 

We had an assistant pro at the Yellowstone CC that used to play on the LPGA tour.  I was struggling to break 80 on the course and asked her what I could do to break that barrier.  Her reply was pretty simple --- what are you thinking about on hole 15?
Another trick I've used --- break the 18 hole scorecard into 3 hole cards and try to shoot or break 13 for each 3.  After 3 holes, forget the score and play the next 3.  If you can successfully shoot 13 or better on each of the 3 hole stretches, you've shot a 79.
Good luck!

Thanks CarlH, that’s a great idea.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8(10.5*) w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(17.0*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid; Ben Hogan PTx 5-PW w/Recoil 460 graphite shafts; Ben Hogan TKt Gw(49*) SW(53*) LW(57*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER-6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Tee’d off at 38* and played 18, warming up to 50*.......shot 40/46:86 while the wind kept getting stronger with gusts up to 25 mph. My wife said I was crazy for playing. I told her it is the challenge that drives us.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Another trick I've used --- break the 18 hole scorecard into 3 hole cards and try to shoot or break 13 for each 3.  After 3 holes, forget the score and play the next 3.  If you can successfully shoot 13 or better on each of the 3 hole stretches, you've shot a 79.
Good luck!

I'm going to try that - great idea thx !

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

My wife and I played Big Rock at Indian Springs today.  Started out very poor... +5 after 3 holes!  I really shouldn't count the double on hole #2 though.  They put the hole on a slope that I would say is too steep.  My putt was 6 feet straight up the slope; missed 6 inches short, and it rolled back to 4 feet!!  Pissed, I hit the ball past the hole about 2 feet, and it stopped for a second, then rolled back down the slope into the hole.  Fortunately, that was the only poor pin placement today.  Here's a view of hole #2 from the fairway:

IMG_1216.jpeg.9c5328e6d86f3cea1552c32b41b9ecef.jpeg

I had a stellar front 9 at 46 (+10).  We were joined on the back 9 by a single that caught up to us at the turn.  We had been waiting for a 4-some in front of us, so having another player slowed us down a little (we still had to wait, just not as long).  Local guy; good player.  Maybe he made me focus a little more, because I shot 37 (+1) on the back 9... 2 bogeys and a birdie for a round of 83; best this trip.

Here is a view of the par 5 #18 from the outdoor bar on the patio.  I managed a par with an up and down from the ropes short of the green.

IMG_1217.jpeg.c041c14b5b5305c4b2dcce6bd9da750c.jpeg

We had dinner and drinks after the round.  The course is named Big Rock at Indian Springs because of all the rock band paraphernalia, I guess.  Many autographed guitars hanging on the walls and ceiling.  Decent food too.  Inside the bar...

IMG_1214.jpeg.762931ccac23707c5d7db964bd158450.jpeg

The restrooms were marked with Jimi Hendrix for men and Heart for women.

IMG_1215.jpeg.7f887c1eb20fe9440be9d67aa3797600.jpeg

We are going to play this course again tomorrow.

40/37 at Coyote Wash.  My approach shots were flag seeking drones.  Only missed 4 fairways and those were not far off. I didn't track GIR, but it was better than average. Five legit birdie attempts... but only made one 😪.  My lag putting has been consistently good of late but my 4 ft in not so much.  This along with transitioning away from my heritage bump n' run pitch to using (taming) my Glide 2.0 56-12 has been my focus area for the winter season. I think I've finally cracked the code on that wedge and starting to like the results.  Also, really loving the G410 'W' and 'U' wedges - lots of confidence making good strikes and getting better at yielding consistent yardage with throttled swings.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 1/20/2020 at 8:19 AM, revkev said:

This is so true - I do it so much that i rarely know what my score is until I finish. It especially includes shots out of trouble. My last round I hit what looked like a beautiful drive but the wind got it and then it kicked left to boot - went down a hill into a hazard but I could get it and play it. Rather than dwelling on the bad break and doing something stupid I hacked it out to a good yardage, hit my wedge to 15 feet. Even though I missed the par putt I was satisfied that I hit three good shots in a row - four really, the drive was a good shot that the wind got and the putt was a good roll, it just didn’t drop.

The epitome of putting a bad hole in the rearview mirror.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

4 birdies and a 76...

need to reduce the doubles...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

2 birdies and 76 today. Need to stop getting a double bogie from the middle of the fairway!

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

On 1/20/2020 at 8:37 PM, Kenny B said:

We played Indian Palms CC in Indio today with a single from Canada; great guy!!  I have never played with a Canadian that I didn't enjoy playing with.  Never played this course before.  Sorry, no pics.  Not very scenic; holes meander through houses and condos; 3 nines, one was built in 1947.  It was an interesting course, but you could tell that they have taken some cost-cutting measures.  The overseed didn't take that well; the fairways were very thin with still some dormant bermuda.  Ball goes nowhere if even just a little fat.  If the fairways were in better shape, I'd play it again; the greens were OK.  Shot 84.  Nothing special, but putted better than I have all week.  Typical hole was the par 5 #18...  Driver to left center of fairway; pond in front of the green, so I calculate my layup yardage near the 100 yard marker... a 9i.  Chunked the 9i; then hit my 5H to middle of green and 2 putt for par.  Why do I do this to myself?

I played that course twice when I was last there....only because the RV park we stay at has a Wed group that plays there.  You're right...it's okay.  I did like the finishing hole on the one course (can't recall which course, but it ends up at the clubhouse with water in front of it.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Since today is the last dry day for the next few days, I decided to head out to one of the local courses and play nine. The first thing I noticed when I pulled up was two cars in the parking lot. The next thing was the fact that there were no carts sitting in front of the clubhouse. I saw once guy walking, so didn't think anything about it. I walk to the door and the sign says open, so I start to go in and this guy opens the door for me. Turns out, the course was closed due to the cooler weather and the rain lately. The guy inside was a course maintenance worker and he told me I could play free, if I walked. Ok!

Let's put this in perspective, I'm not a small guy and have never walked the course before. I really enjoyed it, but think I'm going to feel it tomorrow. I made the mistake of wearing thermals and a jacket with it being in the low 40's and burnt up.

Played good, not great shooting 47 hitting 4/7 fairways and zero greens. My putter saved my round with just 17 total putts and no 3 putts.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

37 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Turns out, the course was closed due to the cooler weather and the rain lately. The guy inside was a course maintenance worker and he told me I could play free, if I walked. Ok!

Let's put this in perspective, I'm not a small guy and have never walked the course before. I really enjoyed it, but think I'm going to feel it tomorrow. I made the mistake of wearing thermals and a jacket with it being in the low 40's and burnt up.

... Now you know you can walk the course! Add a nice push cart and you get to play golf, it's cheaper and you get some great exercise! 👍

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Tee’d off at 38* and played 18, warming up to 50*.......shot 40/46:86 while the wind kept getting stronger with gusts up to 25 mph. My wife said I was crazy for playing. I told her it is the challenge that drives us.

The 38’ isn’t the deal breaker it’s the 25 mph north wind.
My SWMO gives me a lot of lip also.

Rick

Left Hand, 

4 hours ago, CarlH said:

I played that course twice when I was last there....only because the RV park we stay at has a Wed group that plays there.  You're right...it's okay.  I did like the finishing hole on the one course (can't recall which course, but it ends up at the clubhouse with water in front of it.

Yep!  That's the one we played.  Made par!!

3 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Played good, not great shooting 47 hitting 4/7 fairways and zero greens. My putter saved my round with just 17 total putts and no 3 putts.

My wife and I have an annual cart pass at our muni, but I walk on Mondays with 3 other guys.  When it gets cold, I prefer to walk because I can stay a lot warmer and play in 2 less layers of clothing.  I also play better, because I don't get distracted going to other people's balls... straight to mine, thinking about my next shot.  I get into a rhythm.

Keep it up!  It will pay dividends.

38 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Yep!  That's the one we played.  Made par!!

The second time I played it, I was literally an inch away from eagle.  Almost holed out the 100 yard approach shot.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Played Big Rock at Indian Springs again today... shot 82.  I like this course but the front nine and I don't seem to agree with each other.  It was better than yesterday at +6 vs. a +10 yesterday.  The back nine wasn't as good as yesterday, but I will still take a +4 that way I'm hitting the ball.  My slice from 20 years ago is back.  I think I'm trying to swing harder because of the elevation, or lack thereof.  I have to get this figured out.  I'm playing it, but that leads to even more yards lost.

Hole #2 got me again...  See if you can spot my ball by the white rock left of the creek.  My wife hit a much better shot than i did!!!!

IMG_1220.jpeg.15aa76127eaf8e23357aafbca7e69678.jpeg

In keeping with the Big Rock motif, the tee boxes are...

IMG_1221.jpeg.177f0db51f6c2149b9855ac5b535e021.jpeg

and the hole signs are...

IMG_1224.jpeg.241eb74d9d88a2e4c9eaf3009cfff1af.jpeg

From the forward tees on hole #9... the condos/apts on the left are right on the practice putting green and the pitching green with a bunker.  If you lived there, you could practice everyday in your backyard and never have to take care of it!!!

IMG_1222.jpeg.fb53db4f1e0b358ed770202c3952524e.jpeg

After the round food and drinks on the patio bar... best beer rings I have ever had. Smoked Hot Wings were pretty good too. Not much in the way of beer on tap that I like; nothing dark, got a Four Peaks Brewing Kilt Lifter.

IMG_1223.jpeg.9f3f53fb3e0c9bb49bbe016e29dd013c.jpeg

Played Big Rock at Indian Springs again today... shot 82.  I like this course but the front nine and I don't seem to agree with each other.  It was better than yesterday at +6 vs. a +10 yesterday.  The back nine wasn't as good as yesterday, but I will still take a +4 that way I'm hitting the ball.  My slice from 20 years ago is back.  I think I'm trying to swing harder because of the elevation, or lack thereof.  I have to get this figured out.  I'm playing it, but that leads to even more yards lost.
Hole #2 got me again...  See if you can spot my ball by the white rock left of the creek.  My wife hit a much better shot than i did!!!!
From the forward tees on hole #9... the condos/apts on the left are right on the practice putting green and the pitching green with a bunker.  If you lived there, you could practice everyday in your backyard and never have to take care of it!!!

After the round food and drinks on the patio bar... best beer rings I have ever had. Smoked Hot Wings were pretty good too. Not much in the way of beer on tap that I like; nothing dark, got a Four Peaks Brewing Kilt Lifter.

That’s not very healthy for a Senior

Rick

Left Hand, 

That’s not very healthy for a Senior

Rick

Left Hand, 

... Now you know you can walk the course! Add a nice push cart and you get to play golf, it's cheaper and you get some great exercise! 
The thought has been on my mind for a while. I've read a few posts on here about you all playing with carts and it's definitely something I'm thinking about this year. I really had a great time doing it, and I definitely need the exercise.

3 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

The thought has been on my mind for a while. I've read a few posts on here about you all playing with carts and it's definitely something I'm thinking about this year. I really had a great time doing it, and I definitely need the exercise.

One of the best golf investments I've ever made! 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

3 hours ago, yungkory said:

One of the best golf investments I've ever made! 

Me too. It's a pity I can't get it on the plane when I fly to Florida!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

10 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

... Good luck moving forward! I am old and lucky enough to have grown ups in an era when we had no distractions as kids. Cartoons Sat morning only. No computers, no VCR's, no electronic games. So we played all day every day. Lots of running and playing. And all sports too. Football, baseball and basketball through high school. So it was easy to stay in shape by just playing. To be honest, I have always hated working out or exercising for the sake of exercising. As I got older more and more activities became too much, like basketball and then tennis. But once I found golf, I knew it would provide exercise for the rest of my life.

... Brisk walking is just sooooo good for anyone but especially seniors. I can walk in a forest preserve or hiking trail but find it much more rewarding to do it while playing golf because I don't even notice I am doing it. Depending on the course you get in 5-8 miles every time you play. The benefits while playing a game I love is a win-win. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Well, I curbed the doubles today, so I had 4 bogies, and 2 birdies, for a 73. Great ball striking day. Barely missed a few birdie putts, but did make a few good par saving putts, so it’s all evened out I guess... but I really did strive to resist playing the hero shots which typically turn into those doubles...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes