TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Today was a good day. Score is not entirely indicative of how I played. I ended up being a 48 with 20-30 mph winds.  One meltdown hole went down as an 8, and one bladed chip led to a 3 putt.  The rest of the day couldn’t have been better. 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Today was a good day. Score is not entirely indicative of how I played. I ended up being a 48 with 20-30 mph winds.  One meltdown hole went down as an 8, and one bladed chip led to a 3 putt.  The rest of the day couldn’t have been better. 

John, was that 8 using the new handicap system? Doesn't the new system call for net score for the hole plus 2?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Finally a day with sunshine and very little wind.  Frost delay of 1 hour; it was a bit chilly when we teed off.  Funny... I hit the ball better today, but only scored one shot better than I did in 25-50mph winds... 82.  I did not get up and down like I did yesterday, except for a chip-in birdie on #13.  Putting was better with no wind, but poor chipping left me with putts that were just too long.  

Need to practice more.  I played 14 of the past 19 days without spending any time practicing, and it shows.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

8 hours ago, fozcycle said:

After a couple rounds at 80, I finally broke it today. First time since last Fall. First time at Pebble Creek in two years. Today I shot 35/44:79! Even Par on front with one bogie and one birdie. Then, screwed the pooch on the back with a 44... 2 Doubles, 2 Pars & 5 Bogies.

Weather was in upper 40’s and 50’s. I gamed my entire bag of Cobra F8’s with EVNROLL putter. I played a Maxfli Softfli ball due to the cooler weather conditions .

IMG_1994-dsqz.jpg.c9bdccbd1c6abd240ae240a7d56fac10.jpg

P.S. the dots on the scorecard represent the round robin we were playing.

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8’s from Cobra

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Congrats on the 35!! 👍

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

14 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

John, was that 8 using the new handicap system? Doesn't the new system call for net score for the hole plus 2?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Good question @tony@CIC.  I didn't take the new handicap system into consideration.  I shot a 47 with a 7.  😁

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I played 14 of the past 19 days...

Maybe you're just worn out - I would be.

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Not maybe... it's a fact!!  However, sunny again today, no wind and above freezing... guess I'll go play!!  I'll practice on a crappy day!

Good for you.  I'm not sure why we haven't cancelled todays round.  My wife thinks I'm nuts (nuttin new here).  Wind blew like hell last night and those aren't rain clouds rolling in, it's airborne sand. Today I'm going to wish I had a Ollie Stinger in my game.  I'm pretty sure one of the par 3's will play at least two clubs down 😮.  

40’ and we only played 5 holes B4 we couldn’t feel our hands and gave up.
Birdied 2 of the 5 and Parred 2 and 1 stupid Bogey.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

8 minutes ago, Rickp said:

40’ and we only played 5 holes B4 we couldn’t feel our hands and gave up.
Birdied 2 of the 5 and Parred 2 and 1 stupid Bogey.

😱   At -1 after 5 holes, I would have kept going.  

Maybe cold hands is the trick, and you need to keep an ice bag in your pocket when it warms up?  Just sayin'

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

At -1 after 5 holes, I would have kept going.  
Maybe cold hands is the trick, and you need to keep an ice bag in your pocket when it warms up?  Just sayin'

Wasn’t my decision. The guy riding with me has some medical issues and had to make a group decision.

Rick

Left Hand, 

28 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Good for you.  I'm not sure why we haven't cancelled todays round.  My wife thinks I'm nuts (nuttin new here).  Wind blew like hell last night and those aren't rain clouds rolling in, it's airborne sand. Today I'm going to wish I had a Ollie Stinger in my game.  I'm pretty sure one of the par 3's will play at least two clubs down 😮.  

A few years ago while in Palm Springs, one of those sand storms rolled in during the pro tournament (AMEX now).  Knocked tents down and they canceled play for the day.  Meanwhile, out at Cimarron GC my wife and were playing and on hole #14, a par 3 listed as 175y from the middle tees with a huge bunker in front, playing directly into the wind, I hit driver and was short of the bunker by 20 yards!!  On hole #16 playing downwind my wife was on the tee box and just before she started her backswing, a huge tumbleweed rolled up her back and over her head.   We did finish the round though.

On 2/1/2020 at 5:48 PM, mr.hicksta said:

From my round yesterday at Navy Marine with[mention=72400]yungkory[/mention]. My best round of the year for sure, and while there’s still plenty to clean up I’m happy with the round. The grind continues!

IMG_0938.thumb.JPG.9b41848c50b2c1e4ca06732e338ca7cf.JPG

How you liking DECADE?

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

6 hours ago, Kenny B said:

A few years ago while in Palm Springs, one of those sand storms rolled in during the pro tournament (AMEX now).  Knocked tents down and they canceled play for the day.  Meanwhile, out at Cimarron GC my wife and were playing and on hole #14, a par 3 listed as 175y from the middle tees with a huge bunker in front, playing directly into the wind, I hit driver and was short of the bunker by 20 yards!!  On hole #16 playing downwind my wife was on the tee box and just before she started her backswing, a huge tumbleweed rolled up her back and over her head.   We did finish the round though.

Meh...what wind.  I shot a 38/43 with 3 consecutive birdies on 6, 7, and 8.  #6 (par 5) was an eagle try from 8 ft. It was actually kind of fun trying to gage the wind (16-20 mph) on several of the par 3's Two were directly into the wind and the roughly 80 ft elevation, #16 almost straight downwind.  Temp kept dropping all round as the wind switched to from the north but the heavy air started clearing out the dust - which was quite bad when we started the round. Not our normal attire for this time of year.

#18 tee

1032476896_frank_billLB1.jpg.e6c2fa180549ef4c6c69bd89b4303152.jpg

#11 tee. Par 5, elevated (~80 ft) 3 tier green

1512413372_mick_franklb.jpg.62caac7b42e356344f6763ed495177bb.jpg

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

Meh...what wind.  I shot a 38/43 with 3 consecutive birdies on 6, 7, and 8.  #6 (par 5) was an eagle try from 8 ft. It was actually kind of fun trying to gage the wind (16-20 mph) on several of the par 3's Two were directly into the wind and the roughly 80 ft elevation, #16 almost straight downwind.  Temp kept dropping all round as the wind switched to from the north but the heavy air started clearing out the dust - which was quite bad when we started the round. Not our normal attire for this time of year.

#18 tee

1032476896_frank_billLB1.jpg.e6c2fa180549ef4c6c69bd89b4303152.jpg

#11 tee. Par 5, elevated (~80 ft) 3 tier green

1512413372_mick_franklb.jpg.62caac7b42e356344f6763ed495177bb.jpg

Great round!!  Nice!

I played nine holes with my Monday walking group of old guys.  42º and sunny which was just fine walking; I stayed warm with my hands in the push cart mitt.  I usually have a bogey or a double by the 4th hole,  but managed to par each hole until #5... missed the 15 foot par putt!  But just like the pros, I got a bounce back birdie on #6 with a right-to-left 4 footer.  After making an 8 foot left-to-right breaking par putt on #7, I was still even going into the par 3 #8 playing 170y into the wind.   Came up short and a poor chip left me with a long par putt and a bogey.  Another bogey on #9 gave me a +2 score of 39.  Very happy with that after that awful wind this weekend.

Cold and windy as heck today, jumped around the track due to pods of slow players so no score keeping. Just worked on making good contact.

its amazing how much a hard wind moves a ball...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

45’ Tuesday morning, no wind! Played one of the toughest Exec in TV. Shot 2 over, 8 pars, 1 double. 7 of 9 gir. Everything felt good.
Played the Mizzies irons again.

Rick

Left Hand, 

82 yesterday with one OB when I caught mostly ball out of a greenside sandtrap.  Fairly unhappy with overall putting for the day, having 3 putted twice (33 putts for the round) but the ball striking was better than the last few times out.  But, MAN!  Was it cold!  It was supposed to warm up into the upper 40's, but never did and dropped to the lower 40s with a wind chill feel of about 38.   Played as a 5some in a net skins game.  I birdied the first hole for a skin, but failed to get anthing after that.  Big winner was the higher handicapper who, because of age, played one tee forward of the rest of us...go figure.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Got down to Florida for an extended weekend getaway last month .. actually got my wife to take a few days off from work; first time in almost ever .. and we got to play three days in a row. Part of the trip was to see one of my cousins and his kids; he lives in the Palm Beach area and is a member at PGA National - tho because of his work and travel he rarely plays. But we were able to get him out for 9 holes on Saturday and Sunday and he took us out on The Squire. One of the other courses there was being set up for the Honda Classic. 

First day played .. mostly .. really well (didn't keep score); a lotta good tee shots but I managed to screw up a lotta the second shots, but then short game was pretty solid and I managed to get up and down or literally just miss getting up and down several times. Second day didn't play as well and managed to find a lot of the water that I totally avoided the first day, so lost several of my fun Stars & Stripes Truvis. But it was great to see my cuz and catch up and spend some fun time together.

Monday, on the recommendation of my Goftec coach, we went to Abacoa. What a NICE facility! Really friendly and helpful staff; nice pro shop; nice practice areas. The course is one of those "challenging but playable" layouts, and playing from the Senior tees and using my 3W (driver didn't go on this trip) I think I ended up with a 92 or 93 -- with 4 (maybe 5?) Pars (whoohoo!) and 6 Doubles (maybe 1 Triple), the rest Bogeys. And that was with several muffed shots from the (Bermuda?) rough and a *LOT* of 3-putts (booo...) on very contoured and what felt to me like super-fast greens. Sheesh I dunno how you FLA guys play down there!!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Got down to Florida for an extended weekend getaway last month .. actually got my wife to take a few days off from work; first time in almost ever .. and we got to play three days in a row. Part of the trip was to see one of my cousins and his kids; he lives in the Palm Beach area and is a member at PGA National - tho because of his work and travel he rarely plays. But we were able to get him out for 9 holes on Saturday and Sunday and he took us out on The Squire. One of the other courses there was being set up for the Honda Classic. 
First day played .. mostly .. really well (didn't keep score); a lotta good tee shots but I managed to screw up a lotta the second shots, but then short game was pretty solid and I managed to get up and down or literally just miss getting up and down several times. Second day didn't play as well and managed to find a lot of the water that I totally avoided the first day, so lost several of my fun Stars & Stripes Truvis. But it was great to see my cuz and catch up and spend some fun time together.
Monday, on the recommendation of my Goftec coach, we went to Abacoa. What a NICE facility! Really friendly and helpful staff; nice pro shop; nice practice areas. The course is one of those "challenging but playable" layouts, and playing from the Senior tees and using my 3W (driver didn't go on this trip) I think I ended up with a 92 or 93 -- with 4 (maybe 5?) Pars (whoohoo!) and 6 Doubles (maybe 1 Triple), the rest Bogeys. And that was with several muffed shots from the (Bermuda?) rough and a *LOT* of 3-putts on very contoured and what felt to me like super-fast greens (booo...). Sheesh I dunno how you FLA guys play down there!!!

Because I can play much better when there’s not 3’ snow on the ground and 10’. Easy choice for us.
BTW, I hate Bermuda

Rick

Left Hand, 

Monday, on the recommendation of my Goftec coach, we went to Abacoa. What a NICE facility! Really friendly and helpful staff; nice pro shop; nice practice areas. The course is one of those "challenging but playable" layouts, and playing from the Senior tees and using my 3W (driver didn't go on this trip) I think I ended up with a 92 or 93 -- with 4 (maybe 5?) Pars (whoohoo!) and 6 Doubles (maybe 1 Triple), the rest Bogeys. And that was with several muffed shots from the (Bermuda?) rough and a *LOT* of 3-putts on very contoured and what felt to me like super-fast greens (booo...). Sheesh I dunno how you FLA guys play down there!!!

Because I can play much better when there’s not 3’ snow on the ground and 10’. Easy choice for us.
BTW, I hate Bermuda

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 1/22/2020 at 11:42 PM, sirchunksalot said:

The thought has been on my mind for a while. I've read a few posts on here about you all playing with carts and it's definitely something I'm thinking about this year. I really had a great time doing it, and I definitely need the exercise.

Go for it!!! Like the golf sage @chisag said .. and, of course, excepting those who are just physically unable .. I feel that walking is the way the game should be / is best played.

FYI.. I have a Bag Boy Quad XL that I am really happy with! Look around and go into a store to check out different carts.

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Yesterday I got a call to play Wolf at the another course in town today.  I've played there several times with this group, but I only get called when they are short a player.  Hey!  It's free golf with a cart... unless you lose quarters on the holes.  

Got up this morning and it's 45º with a light drizzle.  I hate playing in the rain, but at least there was only a slight breeze.  I started off with 4 straight bogeys, but was only down one quarter.  I made the turn shooting 42 and down 5 quarters.  The back nine was much better, shooting 38.  At hole #17 the players down the most quarters get to Double Wolf to try to catch up.  One guy was down more than my 3 quarters, so he chose #17, a par 3 playing 167y.  I hit my tee shot to 3 feet and made a birdie, so now I'm only down 1 quarter.  I Double Wolfed on the par 5 #18.  Got on in 3 shots, missing the birdie, but managed to push with everyone else.  I could have won a few more quarters if I could putt better on those greens!

So all in all, I played golf, shot 80, and it only cost me a quarter!  

Bacon Boyz this morning. 57’ but very windy following last nights storms. Good turnout 24 guys. Shot even Par 1 bird, 1 bogey. Don’t know what’s going on but playing well. This was not a particularly hard course but wind was the factor.

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 2/2/2020 at 5:57 PM, cnosil said:

Think I just need to loosen my grip and let gravity help......

That's a James Sieckmann technique I was shown at a clinic last year -- ball back, weight forward, shaft lean and just let the clubhead drop down onto the back of the ball.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

44/39 at Desert Hills yesterday.  The front 9 at this course, for some dang reason, just has my number.  I don't know what it is about it.  The guys I play with agree it's no harder than the back and most think it's easier.  Do any of you have a similar tendency/scoring challenge on certain courses - and tales of two nines? 😐

That's a James Sieckmann technique I was shown at a clinic last year -- ball back, weight forward, shaft lean and just let the clubhead drop down onto the back of the ball.

I don’t do shaft lean forward; I want to make sure I use the bounce and slide under the ball. I have a tendency to be get out of sequence and incorrectly use my hands. I follow more of a Jeff Pierce or James Ridyard approach which is similar to what I was taught in my lesson. Heard a lot about Siekmann but didn’t click when I watched some videos.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

44/39 at Desert Hills yesterday.  The front 9 at this course, for some dang reason, just has my number.  I don't know what it is about it.  The guys I play with agree it's no harder than the back and most think it's easier.  Do any of you have a similar tendency/scoring challenge on certain courses - and tales of two nines? 

Yup, I had a couple of courses in New England where one of the 9’s killed me. The back 9 @ Black Hall in Old Lyme especially and back 9 @ Franklin CC in Franklin Ma. come to mind quickly.

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

I don’t do shaft lean forward; I want to make sure I use the bounce and slide under the ball. I have a tendency to be get out of sequence and incorrectly use my hands. I follow more of a Jeff Pierce or James Ridyard approach which is similar to what I was taught in my lesson. Heard a lot about Siekmann but didn’t click when I watched some videos.

Up until last year I was chipping the ball similar to what @cksurfdude describes.  Last year I started playing the ball more centered and using the bounce like @cnosil describes.  I have no idea whose technique it is.  I've seen so many videos, and I worked out the shots on my own.  So I guess it's a Kenny B technique!  🤣  Whatever works to get the ball close.

My wife and I played today at our club.  After driving the ball really well yesterday at the other course in town, I struggled a little bit.  However, the rest of my game showed up.  I shot an EVEN par 37 on the front nine with one birdie and one bogey.  At the turn the wind picked up and the temp dropped; hands got cold.  Still not a bad +5 or 40...  for a nice 77.

HOWEVER, the highlight of the round was NOT mine.  My wife got her first Ace on #12.  She's been playing golf for 55 years and never had one.  It was a one-hopper into the hole.  So much fun to see it go in.  As she was walking off the green, a Navy plane did a flyby.  She said that was her dad looking down on her and saying "What took you so long?"  She shot 86.