TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played 9 today for the first time since late October or early November. Didn't keep score, as we each hit a couple mulligans. The range wasn't open, but I still tried to focus on flattening my swing. I actually had a few drives that had a slight draw when I stayed flatter. Reverted to very vertical a few times resulting in a high fade/slice, but at least I can feel it now. I need to get to a range soon!

A couple highlights...

Screenshot_20200223-184607.thumb.jpg.688f47a2ea8f1bcb2cec4f56affbda52.jpg

Screenshot_20200223-184639.thumb.jpg.244cf925a1808085e88fd9410623482f.jpg

Man it feels nice to be able to contribute to this thread again!

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Played pretty bad both yesterday and today. 46/42:88 yesterday and 47/45:92 today.....

IMG_2055.thumb.JPG.d0f8ce8b7609810eac9a3461106002b6.JPGIMG_2056.thumb.JPG.51515e1a7bfe083c81d847e74ce2ebc1.JPG

Sat: 43*-63*
Sun: 58*-72*

#CobraCONNECT using the King Cobra F8’s.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Saturday was definitely chilly, today was nice no wind .

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Not a good scoring day for me again.  3 double bogies (again) and a mediocre 43/43.  Been awhile since I've shot my handicap (we're not posting this time of year, so nothing changing from where I froze on the first of December).  I'll blame colder weather, wetter fairways, and other conditions beyond my control....it can't be me!  🙂  Didn't strike the ball badly.  Just made enough mistakes that got me in trouble.  One that I need to look into is my 9 iron.  On 3 occasions, when using it for approach shots, I came up short right.  Interestingly, don't have that issue with the PW or my 8 iron.  On a positive note, I borrowed a friend's Ping 400 Max driver and left my M4 in the bag for the day.  Drives were noticeably longer, even misses.  Going to play this driver for a few more rounds to see how things play out.

Come on warmer weather.  Although I was able to play in short sleeves, it was still cold on the first third of the round.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Nice day today,  temps got into the 50s;  ground was fairly wet due to the snow from Thursday.   Made a couple of mistakes off the tee causing me to have to pitch back to the fairway, but really happy with how I am hitting the ball off the tee and my iron plays is pretty solid.   Happy with my putting as well;  did some drills prior to the round so my putter was working pretty well.  Short game is way too inconsistent; may need to go get a followup lesson and see why I can't take my practice to the course.    Two doubles,  7 bogeys,  4 birdies  resulted in a  37/42-79

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

22 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Played pretty bad both yesterday and today. 46/42:88 yesterday and 47/45:92 today.....

IMG_2055.JPGIMG_2056.JPG

Sat: 43*-63*
Sun: 58*-72*

#CobraCONNECT using the King Cobra F8’s.

That would explain the faces.  Now go out and shoot a great round and show us a smile!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, juspoole said:

Was lucky enough to get down to Miami last week for a few days to play Indian Creek Country Club.  Certainly was a tale of two very different days.  First day, while still shaking some rust off, played a 78 and the second day my golf game was no where to be found and shot an 86.  Also, hit several shots fat from 125 and in, which really doesn't happen to me.  Guess I'll chalk it up to early year rust and leave it at that.  Still, a much better way to spend a couple days than in the office!

IndianC2.JPG

IndianC1.JPG

Bermuda will do that to you when you hit it even a little bit fat.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Didn't play Sunday.  Wind was 30mph with gusts to 52; blowing dust from the farmers' fields outside of town.  You may remember the tumbleweed story earlier this year when they buried cars on the highway.  Yesterday was Tumbleweed 2; the sequel.

5e53d1cb1b554.image.thumb.jpg.50c9858ba0d1fbda80ed63ad539871d9.jpg

So today was 50º with only a breeze, I played with my 77 and 80 year old Monday walking buddies.  The course was pruning tree branches after the storm yesterday on the front nine, so we played the back nine.  We usually only play the front nine.

I hit every fairway with my driver and made 2 no-putt birdies, putting from the fringe.  11 putts total.   Shot 36 (+1) because of a stooopid double on an easy hole.  

That would explain the faces.  Now go out and shoot a great round and show us a smile!!

He is smiling

Rick

Left Hand, 

Beautiful morning in FL. Played 9 holes, 4 over. Hit a few low screamers but was able to scramble and make no more than bogie.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Just now, Rickp said:

Beautiful morning in FL. Played 9 holes, 4 over. Hit a few low screamers but was able to scramble and make no more than bogie.

Screamers are better than fatties IMHO.   

Oh wait!  I shouldn't have written it that way.  Please be kind!!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Where's the emoji for spitting water out of your nose? That was my reaction. Hilarious!

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Where's the emoji for spitting water out of your nose? That was my reaction. Hilarious! 
Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

No correct emoji available!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

So awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Didn't play Sunday.  Wind was 30mph with gusts to 52; blowing dust from the farmers' fields outside of town.  You may remember the tumbleweed story earlier this year when they buried cars on the highway.  Yesterday was Tumbleweed 2; the sequel.
5e53d1cb1b554.image.thumb.jpg.50c9858ba0d1fbda80ed63ad539871d9.jpg

So today was 50º with only a breeze, I played with my 77 and 80 year old Monday walking buddies.  The course was pruning tree branches after the storm yesterday on the front nine, so we played the back nine.  We usually only play the front nine.
I hit every fairway with my driver and made 2 no-putt birdies, putting from the fringe.  11 putts total.   Shot 36 (+1) because of a stooopid double on an easy hole.  

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I didn't really play today, but I did go out and play 4 holes so that I could take pictures for my review of the Sky Caddie SX400.  By myself (aka no witnesses), I go birdie (par 5), par, par, birdie (par 3).  Go figure!  Should have played at least 9, but it wasn't an option today.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

I didn't really play today, but I did go out and play 4 holes so that I could take pictures for my review of the Sky Caddie SX400.  By myself (aka no witnesses), I go birdie (par 5), par, par, birdie (par 3).  Go figure!  Should have played at least 9, but it wasn't an option today.

Playing golf is a lot easier when you know it doesn't count.  😀

12 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I tell my wife that...she isn't amused.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

15 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Bermuda will do that to you when you hit it even a little bit fat.  

Had not even thought of that.  Definitely a great point and will make me sleep a little bit better.  With daylight savings time right around the corner, hopefully the weather can start to get near 50* more often so I don't have to go all the way down to Miami to play.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

We had a string of very unseasonably mild days here in NY - 50s, clear and mostly calm. Got out Saturday for 9, family brunch Sunday and then went back to the same 9 on Monday.

But here's where it gets (kinda) interesting:
..on the same course, the same golf dude, with the same set of clubs, same golf balls, etc. (You can see where this is going!)

..Saturday the tee shots were all over the place and the wedge game was just non-existent (at least putting was mostly ok); lotta mistakes and poor shots and ended up +17 for 9 (Par 36).....

..but then...

..Monday all tee shots were in the fairway or close and playable; short game wasn't spot-on but was good and although not all shots were good ones they were all moving in the right direction - even the two grounders in a row on an uphill Par 4 still left me in a good spot to get to the green. Approaches were mostly short, one or two were long so distance control of course needs more practice; lag putting was pretty good and left me close several times; but I think the real key was I didn't make two mistakes in a row!

The highlights...
4 Pars (yea)
4 Bogeys (including #7 where I habitually f*** up)
1 Double (topped second shot on a Par 5 and then added a 3-putt where I pushed the 3-footer for bogey...)

And what I'm really happy with is...
* an up & down out of a footprint in a deep greenside bunker on an uphill Par 3 after I pulled the tee shot left and watched the ball hang for a second on the crest of the slope but as it rolled it caught the slope and went down down down.

Also finished with the same ball I started with!

So finished +6 on a Par 36 which is a new "PB" .. whoo-hoo!
(I made one 42 last Summer but that was on a Par 35)

---

Here's the view looking back from the #1 green towards LI Sound...
Crab Meadow

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

We had a string of very unseasonably mild days here in NY - 50s, clear and mostly calm. Got out Saturday for 9, family brunch Sunday and then went back to the same 9 on Monday.

But here's where it gets (kinda) interesting:
..on the same course, the same golf dude, with the same set of clubs, same golf balls, etc. (You can see where this is going!)

..Saturday the tee shots were all over the place and the wedge game was just non-existent (at least putting was mostly ok); lotta mistakes and poor shots and ended up +17 for 9 (Par 36).....

..but then...

..Monday all tee shots were in the fairway or close and playable; short game wasn't spot-on but was good and although not all shots were good ones they were all moving in the right direction - even the two grounders in a row on an uphill Par 4 still left me in a good spot to get to the green. Approaches were mostly short, one or two were long so distance control of course needs more practice; lag putting was pretty good and left me close several times; but I think the real key was I didn't make two mistakes in a row!

The highlights...
4 Pars (yea)
4 Bogeys (including #7 where I habitually f*** up)
1 Double (topped second shot on a Par 5 and then added a 3-putt where I pushed the 3-footer for bogey...)

And what I'm really happy with is...
* an up & down out of a footprint in a deep greenside bunker on an uphill Par 3 after I pulled the tee shot left and watched the ball hang for a second on the crest of the slope but as it rolled it caught the slope and went down down down.

Also finished with the same ball I started with!

So finished +6 on a Par 36 which is a new "PB" .. whoo-hoo!
(I made one 42 last Summer but that was on a Par 35)

---

Here's the view looking back from the #1 green towards LI Sound...
Crab Meadow

Yep!  Happens a lot.  That's GOLF.

I suggest a trip to Cali next month!!

Hey guys - seeing lots of awesome pics in here.

Don't forget about the Gallery!  It's a great place to post your course pics and has some awesome features and functionality.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/gallery/

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

48 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Yep!  Happens a lot.  That's GOLF.

Whew! Thought maybe I was starting to develop some sort of split personality disorder................

48 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I suggest a trip to Cali next month!!

Very much looking forward to it!!!

Anyone who has time and wants to join us...
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/36544-on-the-road-with-kennyb-irvine-ca-april-3-7/

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Beautiful FL morning low 60’s no wind. Shot a 3 over with. Couple dumb a$$ shots. Ball sticking on irons was as good as I’ve hit irons in a year, every shot was nuked. See what happens tomorrow if we don’t get rained out.

Rick

Left Hand,