TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

I played my last Golf for next 2 weeks. I need to self quarantine.

I came into contact with guys who were in contact with a family that have tested positive.
It’s a second hand contact but a few of us have decided that it’s best to be safe and not spread it further.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
Stay safe buddy, I hope you and the others are ok.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Well over the past two months I've had some PTO to use up before it expired so I've been able to play more often and instead of 1-2 times a week its been 2-3 times. 

Yesterday I got a late round in despite everyone in quarantine. Played what I would call my home course which I normally and have been trending nicely with my game as long as I could fix a couple mistakes on holes. 

Finally shot broke below 85 again after club changes, etc. My 2nd best score ever. 1st round using a new ball too. Bridgestone Tour B RX-S

Total- 82  Out- 41 In- 41

6/14 FIR (42.9%)

8/18 GIR (44%)

4 Birdies (most ever in a round)

32 Putts (3 3-putts, 7 1-putts)

1 Sandy which ended up being a birdie

Edited by patrickleeleep

Driver-  :taylormade-small:  2016 M2 12* Tensei Red Stiff

Wood(s)- :ping-small:  G400 5 Wood 16.9*/ 7 Wood 21.1* Alta CB Stiff

Irons-:mizuno-small:   JPX 900 Forged 6-GW NS Pro 950GH 

Wedges- :cleveland-small:   RTX 3 54*  588 RTX 2.0  58*   RTX 4 64*

Putter-  :taylormade-small:  Spider Tour Black 

Instagram- @patrickleeleep

Shot a 40/43:83 with no birdies today that will probably be my last round at Babe Zaharias GC today. My driver gave me issues today as I just could not find my swing. I did, however, strike my irons well.

Oh, and another thing, I played the Callaway ERC Soft all day today. Definitely not shorter than my Maxfli’s.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

RickP, you will most definitely be in my prayers.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

RickP, you will most definitely be in my prayers.

Thanks Bud. I’m sure we’re OK but with all of us Ole Farts we gotta be careful.
I’m bored out of my mind already. Washed car, cart and cleaned leaves in rock beds in back yard. Also cleaned garage. Work on irrigation system tomorrow.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Thanks Bud. I’m sure we’re OK but with all of us Ole Farts we gotta be careful.
I’m bored out of my mind already. Washed car, cart and cleaned leaves in rock beds in back yard. Also cleaned garage. Work on irrigation system tomorrow.

Drive down to my place......I have plenty for you to do....LOL

Wilson Staff Triton (10.5*) w/Aldila Rogue Regular; PowerBilt Air Force One 3W 15* & 5W 19* Apollo Regular; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 graphite shafts; Ben Hogan TKt Gw(49*) SW(53*) LW(57*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Tour Effect Univ. Of Kentucky cooler bag.

37/42 at Las Barancas... with a flippin 8 on #11 par 5 😕.  On #12 par 3, I dropped one 14" behind the hole - figuring I had the KP for sure.  One of the others hit in front of the flag, hit the stick and was 12" below.  The other two were within 6 ft. No one made a birdie 😝.  We drank to the four pars and stellar first shots.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I gave in and started playing again since there are or should I say were fewer peeps on my course than out and about walking my hood.   My course was only members only and no rentap carts, but they changed  back to public play and carts. It is flat out crowded! 

Playing decent and this afternoon I played 9 wirh two balls to see if I could get below par. I didnt. Parred every hole. I think I will play after work most nights this coming week as I suspect the rain on its way will keep people away. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

9 minutes ago, pulledabill said:

I gave in and started playing again since there are or should I say were fewer peeps on my course than out and about walking my hood.   My course was only members only and no rentap carts, but they changed  back to public play and carts. It is flat out crowded! 

Playing decent and this afternoon I played 9 wirh two balls to see if I could get below par. I didnt. Parred every hole. I think I will play after work most nights this coming week as I suspect the rain on its way will keep people away. 

You are lucky to still be open.  I thought all of the west coast governors were lock-step with the same mandates.  Why did she allow golf courses to remain open?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

29 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

You are lucky to still be open.  I thought all of the west coast governors were lock-step with the same mandates.  Why did she allow golf courses to remain open?

Healthy outlet where one can properly social distance as long as the course follow rules. No sand buckets, no rakes. no ball washers, no air hose,  1 per cart unless they live together, and foam in cup so ball falls about a half inch or so in to cup.  I believe Ive seen some Cali courses open. OGA course, amd Im sure many others are booking and paying online only and no entry to pro shop. Santiam allows a certain amount of peeps in pro shop and they put in a window for business at counter. Not sure how my course is handling cart fees and green fees for the public. No desire to go in and find out either. I walk most of the time anyways. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

46 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Trust me!  We were very surprised.  Here's a state by state recap of where one can play.  https://www.golf.com/news/2020/03/26/where-you-can-play-golf-state-guide-coronavirus/

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

18 minutes ago, pulledabill said:

Healthy outlet where one can properly social distance as long as the course follow rules. No sand buckets, no rakes. no ball washers, no air hose,  1 per cart unless they live together, and foam in cup so ball falls about a half inch or so in to cup.  I believe Ive seen some Cali courses open. OGA course, amd Im sure many others are booking and paying online only and no entry to pro shop. Santiam allows a certain amount of peeps in pro shop and they put in a window for business at counter. Not sure how my course is handling cart fees and green fees for the public. No desire to go in and find out either. I walk most of the time anyways. 

We did all that for 2 weeks before we were shut down... non-essential business.  I'm sure ALL courses in WA are closed until at least April 8.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Got out today. 2 birds, parred the toughest 2 holes and lots of wild shots. But I golfed!

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

20 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Trust me!  We were very surprised.  Here's a state by state recap of where one can play.  https://www.golf.com/news/2020/03/26/where-you-can-play-golf-state-guide-coronavirus/

Dated.  WA is down.

... Illinois is also in a Stay At Home order by the Governor and that includes golf courses. Virus is just starting to peak here in Chicago and the suburbs. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Counties are deciding whether or not to open courses in CA. Some are some aren’t.

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

51 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Dated.  WA is down.

Maybe, but it was published today. Then again, rules are changing daily, as well.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

First round at Windmill yesterday and it was a tale of 2 nines.

Shot a fairly blistering 41 on the front followed by a very disappointing 49 on the back for a 90. I just fell apart and my back started aching. We'll see what happens on Sunday.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

80. Ugh. Played the back first, 42, then 38 on the front. Hit a bucket after the round to work things out.
Drove 75 miles, just across the border to Vicksburg, Mississippi, so I could play. Nice, small greens, the rest of the course was so-so, but better than our goat ranch where I live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

4/14 fir

11/18 gir

28 putts

Didn’t hit it all that good. Driver was pretty erratic, but short game was on point. +2.18 Around the green on front 9 alone. Vokey’s are quickly turning into a wise investment. 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

Played horrible today, shooting 45/45:90 with no birdies, losing one ball.

Decided at about 430 pm to hit the course.  Windy and rainy most of the day  and I wasnt feeling it, but I need to walk anyways so off I went.  3 cars in the lot and 2 of them belonged to employees. Never saw another soul and never a drop of rain. Played 2-3 balls along the way  and spent some extra time to hit my 3w from the fairway along the way trying to figure it out.  Played well minus my wedge game which has been off for some reason. Distance is throwing me for a curve. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

16 minutes ago, pulledabill said:

Decided at about 430 pm to hit the course.  Windy and rainy most of the day  and I wasnt feeling it, but I need to walk anyways so off I went.  3 cars in the lot and 2 of them belonged to employees. Never saw another soul and never a drop of rain. Played 2-3 balls along the way  and spent some extra time to hit my 3w from the fairway along the way trying to figure it out.  Played well minus my wedge game which has been off for some reason. Distance is throwing me for a curve. 

Did you figure it out?  My problem with the 3W is my right shoulder tends to drop and my left shoulder gets too high.  It will work off a tee, but I have to focus on a more level swing.  One day it's great; next day... not so much!!

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Did you figure it out?  My problem with the 3W is my right shoulder tends to drop and my left shoulder gets too high.  It will work off a tee, but I have to focus on a more level swing.  One day it's great; next day... not so much!!

Much better.  I hit 3w off the tee often so I drop my right shoulder on setup to catch it on the upswing and I get pretty aggressive on my downswing.  I found myself doing that off the turf so it created all sorts of bad outcomes.  Leveled the shoulders, ball a bit more inside my feet than tee setup, and a much easier swing seemed to help. 

I carry a 4h and it is generally my go to club for all sorts of shots.  I am struggling with it currently and need get busy with that club next. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Started out in the 50s but was in the 80s by about noon when fog burned off and the sun came out.   My short game was a miserable failure today but other than that I hit the ball and putted well.  I can't seem to transfer my short game from the practice area to the course.    

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

10 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Much better.  I hit 3w off the tee often so I drop my right shoulder on setup to catch it on the upswing and I get pretty aggressive on my downswing.  I found myself doing that off the turf so it created all sorts of bad outcomes.  Leveled the shoulders, ball a bit more inside my feet than tee setup, and a much easier swing seemed to help. 

I carry a 4h and it is generally my go to club for all sorts of shots.  I am struggling with it currently and need get busy with that club next. 

I've struggled with the 3W in the past as well, but I started following this guy on Insta @jakehuttgolf he's the golf coach at Stanford and puts quick tips on Insta that have really been helpful, especially the one on the 3W.  Last time I played, a couple weeks ago, I hit my 3W - 267.  Sounds like you've got it figured out, but just thought I'd tell you about the guy on Instagram. 

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

Started out strong with a birdie on the par 5 first hole and finished the 9 with a 38.  Got a phone text that distracted me for the rest of the round and I lost focus.  3 doubles on the backside and shoot 83 for the round.

On another note, the number of COVID 19 cases has been doubling in our county and I've made a conscious decision to quit playing golf as a group game for awhile, even though we are good about maintaining distances.  

Had a heartbreaking 82 today. My buddy and me, both 63, a 10 and a 5 took on a Yankee minor league trainer and their triple A strength coach (also a certified TPI trainer). These guys are 29 and 33 and a 4 and a 14. They played the tips, we played up a set us v them even 5 dollar Nassau.

Great young guys, fun match - my 10 shot 78 and we tied them. I did have some contributions including the day’s highlight, a hole out from 125 for Eagle when one of them was inside 5 feet for birdie. That was great.

Hard to imagine the strength coach works with guys like Aaron Judge in the weight room. :)

According to ARCOSS my approach game handicap was 15.5. :( I missed 13/18 approaches left. It seemed like all of those were with 6 or 7 iron.

On 18, a par 5, I had 215 to the center into the wind, up hill, couldn’t reach, lots of trouble around the green. I said I’m hitting 6 iron. Tried to hit a cut and blistered the most beautiful 160 yard 2 yard draw you’d ever want to see. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

73 (par 73)

7/14 fir

14/18 gir

35 putts 

Greens were plugged, and I was just a mess on them. I had 3 3 putts on par 5’s for par. A dubious first for myself.