TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

7/14 FIR
14/18 GIR
28 putts
Well I guess if it’s going to be the last round for awhile might as well make it a memorable one. Ties my lowest round at my club and missed a 7 footer for birdie on 16 and a 9 footer on 18. Driver was a mess but irons were incredible. Even when I missed the club face it ended up on green with birdie putt. 
Every course that was open is now shut down effective tomorrow. I get it and I don’t at the same time. But watching the group in front of me play today it is understandable. 5 guys, not even close to 6 feet, pulling pins, basically playing like there is nothing going on. 🤦‍♂️ SMH

I can’t even think of words for this. I’ve been playing twice a week since this started. All of our courses are packed. I’ve yet to see anyone breaking the rules. Sam’s club - yeah, Walmart’s, too which is why they are now limiting the number of customers in the store and have one way arrows.

Great, great round - so sorry that a few idiots have ruined what should be a safe way to get some exercise and stress relief during a difficult time.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 4/2/2020 at 8:22 AM, ole gray said:

I miss my gym time and boy can I tell the difference on the scales and on the course

You'll get it back .. keep taking the doggies for looooong walks!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Overall pretty happy with how I played.   backyard pitching seems to have significantly improved my short game.  Took a few holes to get used to the new shaft in my driver, but one I did I was seeing good results.  Ready for aeration season to be over as I struggled a bit with my putting.   45/38 - 83   9 Fairways, 11 greens (7 on the back), and 37 putts.  I feel like my game is coming together even though the score didn't reflect that thought.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Yesterday I shot 38/44:82. My lowest score in some time. Only had one birdie.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

sounds like theres still a lot of golf happening in the States?

All locked down here, Police are called if anyone spotted trying to play any course.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

sounds like theres still a lot of golf happening in the States?
All locked down here, Police are called if anyone spotted trying to play any course.

Yes, Golf is specifically mentioned as an essential business in many places here. There are some modifications - no pulling the flag, no rakes so lift clean and place in the bunker, individual carts, a device of some sort that prevents the ball from going all the way down into the cup.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I’m venturing out for 9 tomorrow morning.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I've been struggling lately.  Rebuilt the swing over the winter.  Started in November with a goal of late March to start grinding out on course to see the effect of my swing change.  Was making great progress on the range for a couple months or so and feeling really good about things.  Then COVID stepped in and screwed up everything.  Now, I'm regressing because it's difficult to even make it to the range around here.

Made pretty big swing changes.  Grip, takeaway, shortened swing, etc.  Last few rounds have been mostly cloudy with a ray of sunshine here or there.  I had 2 birdies and 1 par in 18 holes 2 rounds ago.  Last round, I shot a 94 with a "par + handicap" on a nearly 200y par 3, but I hit a 470y par 4 playing into the wind so effectively about 510ish with driver/3wd, then two putted for a par (felt like birdie).  It's been feast or famine lately.  Can't wait until things settle down.

WITB:

Taylormade SIM2 Max 9° w/ UST ProForce V2 5F3 @ 45"

Callaway Epic Speed 4wd w/ AccuFLEX Evolution Reg

Dynacraft Genesis 3 hybrid w/ Steelfiber i95r

Srixon ZX5 4-6 and ZX7 7-GW w/ UST Recoil 95 F4 soft stepped once

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54/10 w/ Recoil 95 F4 shaft

Cleveland RTX-4 58/03 w/ Recoil 95 F4 9i shaft

Odyssey SL EXO Marxman

Pondering:

Nothing at the moment

In the locker:

Too much to list

5 minutes ago, seeking70's said:

I've been struggling lately.  Rebuilt the swing over the winter.  Started in November with a goal of late March to start grinding out on course to see the effect of my swing change.  Was making great progress on the range for a couple months or so and feeling really good about things.  Then COVID stepped in and screwed up everything.  Now, I'm regressing because it's difficult to even make it to the range around here.

Made pretty big swing changes.  Grip, takeaway, shortened swing, etc.  Last few rounds have been mostly cloudy with a ray of sunshine here or there.  I had 2 birdies and 1 par in 18 holes 2 rounds ago.  Last round, I shot a 94 with a "par + handicap" on a nearly 200y par 3, but I hit a 470y par 4 playing into the wind so effectively about 510ish with driver/3wd, then two putted for a par (felt like birdie).  It's been feast or famine lately.  Can't wait until things settle down.

... Remember it took Tiger about a year to make a swing change. While not 100% true for everyone, conventional wisdom in the teaching community is it takes 3 new swings for every one old swing to make a change permanent. So if you like and believe in the swing changes, hang in there and keep working at it and you will get there. 👍

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... Remember it took Tiger about a year to make a swing change. While not 100% true for everyone, conventional wisdom in the teaching community is it takes 3 new swings for every one old swing to make a change permanent. So if you like and believe in the swing changes, hang in there and keep working at it and you will get there. 👍

I remember.  Luckily, I've had that ray of sunshine once in a while to show me that I am on track.  Was hoping to shoot par this year.  Maybe I will, maybe I won't.  This year may end up being the rebuilding year, but I'll be happy to get to par next year if that's the way it works out.

WITB:

Taylormade SIM2 Max 9° w/ UST ProForce V2 5F3 @ 45"

Callaway Epic Speed 4wd w/ AccuFLEX Evolution Reg

Dynacraft Genesis 3 hybrid w/ Steelfiber i95r

Srixon ZX5 4-6 and ZX7 7-GW w/ UST Recoil 95 F4 soft stepped once

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54/10 w/ Recoil 95 F4 shaft

Cleveland RTX-4 58/03 w/ Recoil 95 F4 9i shaft

Odyssey SL EXO Marxman

Pondering:

Nothing at the moment

In the locker:

Too much to list

I remember.  Luckily, I've had that ray of sunshine once in a while to show me that I am on track.  Was hoping to shoot par this year.  Maybe I will, maybe I won't.  This year may end up being the rebuilding year, but I'll be happy to get to par next year if that's the way it works out.

Chisag took the words out of my mouth - just be patient and hang in there.

I’m heading to the course shortly, it’s 90 and extremely windy today. Should be a laugh riot

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I’m heading to the course shortly, it’s 90 and extremely windy today. Should be a laugh riot

Bring extra sleeves of balls

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Chisag took the words out of my mouth - just be patient and hang in there.

It is blowing hard today not to mention hot & humid! But good to get out

Rick

Left Hand, 

It is blowing hard today not to mention hot & humid! But good to get out

If it was blowing hard there imagine how it was on the coast!

I shot 38,38 76 at Bayou. Beat one of our assistant pros - we may have been playing from different tees. :). Had a ball in the water too - wind howling into me oft to right - just couldn’t focus hard enough to overcome it.

Wind was 16 mph gusting to 23 and swirling all over the place. I hit what i thought was a perfect shot on 5 and came up 40 yards short. On 13, a short par 4, my buddy hit 4 hybrid and flushed it. He and I hit it the same distance, I hit 7 wood, wind shifted - good thing it drew - I was 40 plus yards past him. But I was also out where a slight push would have been wet and with a bad number to a back pin where long was dead. Chose less club, made a great two putt.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

If it was blowing hard there imagine how it was on the coast!

I shot 38,38 76 at Bayou. Beat one of our assistant pros - we may have been playing from different tees. :). Had a ball in the water too - wind howling into me oft to right - just couldn’t focus hard enough to overcome it.

Wind was 16 mph gusting to 23 and swirling all over the place. I hit what i thought was a perfect shot on 5 and came up 40 yards short. On 13, a short par 4, my buddy hit 4 hybrid and flushed it. He and I hit it the same distance, I hit 7 wood, wind shifted - good thing it drew - I was 40 plus yards past him. But I was also out where a slight push would have been wet and with a bad number to a back pin where long was dead. Chose less club, made a great two putt.

Great job in that wind. We had exactly same wind numbers here.

Rick

Left Hand, 

37/40 at Las Barancas... exact same score as Saturday's round.  In fact I had several approach shots, and subsequent putt locations, that made me feel like Deja-Vu.  I won all four KP's, two that were birdies, and the fewest putts contest.  These are my best back to back rounds all winter season.  Hope I can keep it going as our now extended season is quickly coming to a close.  We've decided not to play on the weekends as that seems to be when folks from out of the area (CA) are coming to play.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Played pretty bad all the way around but was happy to get back out there after not playing.
I was a human bogey machine with 2 Pars and one sniff at a bird.
Will play tomorrow if no rain.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Shot horrible 46/47:93 at Plantation Palms......could not keep the driver in the fairway and could not putt. Irons off par 3’s all pulled left.

Problem: My left knee has been giving out on me, causing my swing to go awry. I put a brace on but I am still trying to hit the ball without putting weight on my left leg(lead leg).....

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Played another uninspiring 45 this morning. We had a walk-on who was a little older than us, maybe 76-78. Weirdest swing I ever saw in my life, I don’t know how he made contact w ball but he did! Good guy fit in just fine.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Bounced back pretty good. Shot a 37/42;79 today at my club, Pebble Creek.  This included 2 Penalties, 3 Birdies & 30 Putts.  I was frustrated after my round at Plantation Palms on Tuesday, so I changed my lofts....Driver from 10.5* to 12*; 3W from 14.5* to 16* and 5W from 18.5* to 20*.  Guess what? I did not lose any yardage on any of the woods.  I did make a 25 Footer on #9 for a Birdie....and my longest drive today was 291 yds on #3.  My ball today was a Taylormade "Tour Preferred"...that's right , the original TP.  I had a sleeve in my closet so I decided to play them.  I think they are better than the TP5!

Edited by fozcycle
spelling

I’m baaaaccck! 1 over this morning w 2 birds. Couple bad decisions led to terrible bogies.
Bacon Boyz were good to go this not as our 4some all played well. We flew thru the 9, looked back on 9th green and next group 1 1/2 holes behind.
Sure felt good to make decent contact

Rick

Left Hand, 

Went out to the Par 3 course yesterday as I didn't get the green light until 6pm.  Got to use the new Clicgear 4.0 which was great!  Also shot even par with a birdie and a bogey.  Made a couple nice par putts to keep alive.  Two from 10 ft. and one from 6 ft.  Quick swing down below from one of the longer holes - 160 yds.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Was able to get out this morning. Had a pretty solid round going, but just blew it up on a small handful of holes and wound up with a 92. Considering I've moved back a set of tees since moving and that I'm trying to incorporate a little more lead arm wrist flexion into my swing, I'm happy with the results. I few loose shots here and there from the swing changes, a couple unfortunate breaks, and a few mental mistakes resulted in two doubles, a triple, and a quad 😞. Everything else was either bogie or par, save for one lone birdie on #9. 

EDIT: Going back through my round on Arccos to do a comparison of the two nines. I shot +7 on the front and +13 on the back. I definitely think I can do better on that back nine. The front was about as good as I could typically expect to play it, but there is some room there also. I didn't make as many pars as I normally would, but I didn't blow up on the holes I normally would either.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Played a few days ago in a brief reprieve from a cold spring. Grass was brown and greens were hard, but it was awesome.

Driver: :callaway-small:XHot; 10.5°; Project X S Shaft

3 Wood: :callaway-small: Razr X; Stiff shaft

3 Hybrid: :callaway-small: Big Bertha Heavenwood; Loft 20°; Standard Shaft 

Irons: :callaway-small:Diablo Edge; Steel Shafts; Stock Loft and Lie 

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM5 52.12F; SM5 56.14F; SM4 60.04

Putter: :edel-golf-1: Faldo G90

Grips: Golfpride CP2 Standard 

Right-Handed

The last two weeks have either been a down pour, a stomach bug, or strep throat, which layed me up about 6 days. In my work I wasnt willing to take it in with me so I holed up even more. Every one of them days were 60s and 70s with me in bed or on the couch. 

Back to work today and in the rain, but didnt matter as I was playing rain or shine.  First shot caught the back fring on the #10 par 3. Easy par. Pulled my 3w on #11 and smoked one to the end up the fairway. I could tell tell after the way I swung my 3w that It would be a good round. Then I had to putt. Still a good round.  2 birdies, 3 three putt bogeys, and the rest pars. 

Just felt good to not be indoors here in Oregon...golf wise anyways. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Did a first today for the first time in a long long time. I carried my bag! 9 holes! Actually enjoyed the hell out of it and the clackity clack as I walked.  Played +2. Drove well, putted decent, and really only hit one bad shot which was a 7i off the tee a little thin. 

Not sure why Im hitting my 3w so well. but Im loving it. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX