TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

New Bacon Boys? 

Tuesday & Wednesday no Bacon Boyz, actual decent golfers.
Monday & Friday (especially Friday) are “The Boyz”. Golf is the excuse to get out of the house for these guys. If it wasn’t so funny I’d move on but....

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Tuesday & Wednesday no Bacon Boyz, actual decent golfers.
Monday & Friday (especially Friday) are “The Boyz”. Golf is the excuse to get out of the house for these guys. If it wasn’t so funny I’d move on but....

Bacon Boyz tomorrow 🥓

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played Eagle Pointe again today. Drove the ball well and only lost 2 balls today, but shot the same score today as I did last week. But I know I hit the ball better today just didn't get any puts to drop. Should have had 2 birdies on front and one on back. Back nine score was a little alcohol soaked 🍺 ! But it was ninety degrees and Coronas were going down nicely.

image.png.80bd3c9435c6aae994d92d41e93afe8f.png

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

The Bacon Boyz were very subdued this morning, I think the lack of bacon & sausage is taking its toll.
Anyway played a decent 1 over with 2 birds. Course this morning wasn’t overly tough but I made it tough on a couple holes.
Weather beautiful 62’ w light breeze and sunny.
Getting anxious for the state to start opening up, slowly is OK but some opening

Rick

Left Hand, 

... What a day! After almost 6 months off I finally got to play a round of golf. 🤗 Turned out much better than I would have thought. Figured it would either be ugly or really ugly but I shot 1 over and it was only a little ugly. Lots of ups and downs as I was missing greens or leaving myself 30+ footers and very few legit chances at birdie. I rolled in a 35 footer that had a good deal of break and it just fell in the side. But I was just trying too make solid contact on the front 9 and shot 1 under. Started feeling more comfortable on the back 9 and got too cute with a couple of front pin downwind I took just enough club to land short or just on and the ball plugged short both times. Did not hit either super solid so that few yards of less carry really cost me. I should have taken more club and had 20 footers coming back. 

... It just felt awesome too get out again and I almost had the place to myself. With only 2 somes allowed and tee times 15 minutes apart, I figured it would be packed. I had a 1:45 and arrived at 1:35 and was surprised to see nobody on the first 3 holes. Starter said your partner isn't here so go ahead and tee off. Didn't catch anyone til #12 and a dad and his son waived me thru.  After since there has been NO GOLF in Illinois since last fall, a nice day in the mid 60's I was shocked to see it so empty. I have a 2:45 tomorrow and imagine Saturday will be full, but we shall see. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

... What a day! After almost 6 months off I finally got to play a round of golf.  Turned out much better than I would have thought. Figured it would either be ugly or really ugly but I shot 1 over and it was only a little ugly. Lots of ups and downs as I was missing greens or leaving myself 30+ footers and very few legit chances at birdie. I rolled in a 35 footer that had a good deal of break and it just fell in the side. But I was just trying too make solid contact on the front 9 and shot 1 under. Started feeling more comfortable on the back 9 and got too cute with a couple of front pin downwind I took just enough club to land short or just on and the ball plugged short both times. Did not hit either super solid so that few yards of less carry really cost me. I should have taken more club and had 20 footers coming back. 

... It just felt awesome too get out again and I almost had the place to myself. With only 2 somes allowed and tee times 15 minutes apart, I figured it would be packed. I had a 1:45 and arrived at 1:35 and was surprised to see nobody on the first 3 holes. Starter said your partner isn't here so go ahead and tee off. Didn't catch anyone til #12 and a dad and his son waived me thru.  After since there has been NO GOLF in Illinois since last fall, a nice day in the mid 60's I was shocked to see it so empty. I have a 2:45 tomorrow and imagine Saturday will be full, but we shall see. 

That’s great! It’s got to feel awesome get back out there. Play well tomorrow

Rick

Left Hand, 

Finally got back out today after not playing since 3/22 (yeah, woe is me, but I don't pay Hawaii taxes to be taking a whole month off from golf!) and surprised myself. I thought it was going to be a lot worse than it was, but I ended up getting lucky a few times. Greens were somehow not filled in from whenever they were punched last. We've been on shelter in place orders since late March, so I'm not sure how these clowns ended up having such horrible greens, but I got to golf today so I'm going to stop being a little whiny b*tch!

39/42 for a lucky 81

4/14 FiR (2 of which were 4i's)

10/18 GiR

35 putts on bumpy greens I'll take it.

Sprayed driver to the right literally ALL day, which is weird because my miss is usually left. Irons were mostly very thin, need to work on strike for sure.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Played 9 holes last Saturday and another 9 yesterday.  Just a bit off with the game right now.  Tried to hit the range this week to get more reps and really was hitting them decently. 

Losing confidence in my tee balls and some approaches while on the course.  On the plus side, my chipping/pitching and putting were pretty good.  Counting back through, I was able to come up with a 43/42, so not great, but not as bad as I initially thought in my head.  Hope to get back out there soon and get back into the 70's.

Edited by juspoole

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Wow was it great to get out yesterday in Illinois. Played a quick 9 holes with my father in the morning and then 9 holes in the evening with my fiance. It was a beautiful morning with my dad, temperature was just right. Shot a 40 on the first 90; started out slow with bogeys on 1 and 2 and then was able to string some pars together. On the second 9 shot 41 but was able to birdie the 8th hole and had a couple other good looks. It was so nice to get out! #GolfIsBack

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

I continue to struggle with my game and today was no exception.  Had I not been putting halfway decent, it would have been far worse than my final tally of 84. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Rode 18 after work. First two holes were in heavy rain, but it cleared off and never another drop until putting out on 18.  Course was empty which was great as it is usually packed these days. 

Really struggled on the front until I settled and went par/par on 8 and 9. Surprised I was +5 after 9 as crappy as I was hitting. Chipping and pitching saved me. 

10 I left a 5 footer for birdie. Birdied 12 and played the back to +2. 

Got off the tee fine Thursday and yesterday at the range, but today I was horrible.I topped the ball on  #12, 3 wood, then hit my approach to 3 feet for birdie. #14 I skipped a ball off the pond a  100 yards in front of me to my left and left 233 to he stick. Hit 3w to fringe then up/down for par. 

Down to my final days as a member with renewal coming May 8th. Dont think I will sign on again or at least wait until folks get back to work as the course is just too crowded for me when its not raining. I might join another place that allows a month to month with no contract for the summer. Smaller greens to work on approach and just a change of scenery.  Not as well kept, but good place for a couple months to tighten the game. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

What’s the new driver?

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 9degree. Hosel set to -1degree/Nuetral. Aftermarket 10gram front weight and 6.5 gram sliding weight set to fade. Mitsubishi  Tensei AV Blue Stiff 67 “Tipped” half inch

Diablo 5 Wood Nuetral Stock shaft

:taylormade-small: M3 3 Hybrid Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Weight set to fade

:mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-GW KBS C Taper Stiff 1/2 inch longer 

:callaway-small: Mac Daddy 4 54, 58

:odyssey-small: Works Tank Cruiser 7              40 Grams in head and counterbalanced 30 grams inside Super Stroke Fatso Grip

:srixon-small: Z-Star

15 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

Played two rounds the last couple days, and while I did some good stuff, let's just say my overall game is back in an undesirable area. Somewhat expected after a 40 day layoff with minimal practice, but still kind of frustrating. Overall though, yay for golf being back!

This is about where I'm at.  Had a 30' eagle putt that I missed by <1/2 a ball width.  Tap in birdies are still nice.  Had a couple of good drives besides that.  The rest wasn't much work talking about.

WITB:

Taylormade SIM2 Max 9° w/ UST ProForce V2 5F3 @ 45"

Callaway Epic Speed 4wd w/ AccuFLEX Evolution Reg

Dynacraft Genesis 3 hybrid w/ Steelfiber i95r

Srixon ZX5 4-6 and ZX7 7-GW w/ UST Recoil 95 F4 soft stepped once

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54/10 w/ Recoil 95 F4 shaft

Cleveland RTX-4 58/03 w/ Recoil 95 F4 9i shaft

Odyssey SL EXO Marxman

Pondering:

Nothing at the moment

In the locker:

Too much to list

2 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

Played two rounds the last couple days, and while I did some good stuff, let's just say my overall game is back in an undesirable area. Somewhat expected after a 40 day layoff with minimal practice, but still kind of frustrating. Overall though, yay for golf being back!

Dude go easy on yourself, no golf and with a move half way across an ocean in the middle. You’ll be back in a round or 2. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Could you forward that email please. Love that course. I’ve got a friend who is stuck here until New England is safe. I’d love to being him up there for a round.

Thanks!

Rev, just call the Falcon’s Fire Pro Shop.....you don’t need anything other than your DL to proof residency.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra King F8(10.5*) w/ Mitdubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cobra King F8 Gw(50*)SW(54*)LW(58*)all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

19 hours ago, T2Grn said:

I did something today I’ve neve done before. I shot a round in the 70s (79) one week after shooting a 77.  Two consecutive rounds in the 70s.  I’m stoked.  Another goal achieved.  Aguila Gold course PHX, AZ and  Verrado Founders course Buckeye, AZ. 

4BF9464B-AECA-40BF-8578-5CF2D7A8E3F7.jpeg

F40A08F6-B66E-41C1-A5AB-6E8113C34F88.jpeg

... Wow, my 2 favorite Phoenix courses! Congrats, neither of those courses are what I would call easy, so well done! 

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

Got out and played today and had a very special guest with me, the wife! I asked a buddy to play but he had family obligations, so my better half offered to come along and drive the cart. She enjoys getting out, seeing the sights, and geeks out over the geese. 20200503_161633-01.jpeg
Shot even par.......on the last two holes. I had told the wife that I needed to do that to shoot 100, but turns out that 72+27=99. Some days I can't math.

50/49 99
6/14 fairways
3/18 greens
33 putts

The driver was erratic all day with a lot of left bias, I only hit one right. Mostly pulls, but they still left some room to advance the ball. The wedge was mostly junk on shots over 30 yards. Take this hole for example, hit a decent drive with about 175 left to the pin. Hit a rocket of a 5 iron that I accidentally pured. Then it went wedge, wedge, wedge, wedge, then I one putted with the wedge because I left the putter in the cart and was too lazy to go back and get it. Screenshot_20200503-185005.jpeg

My shot of the day came on the 18th, I hit a decent drive, topped a 3 wood, came up a little short with the 7 iron, and was left with 33 yards to the pin. Hit a chip that I thought was rolling in and left myself around 4 inches for par. 20200503_182040-01.jpeg20200503_182109-01.jpeg

It was a beautiful 80 degree day to be out and the company was spectacular. I can see what I bed some work, but I really can't complain. Made a couple of swing adjustments to the driver and irons and saw some positive results.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

... I think those 2 smiles certainly tell a story. Awesome to have that kind of support from a non player. You are a rich man in the truest sense of the word. 🤗