TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

12 hours ago, CarlH said:

Definitely touched up.  It's a total of 6 images taken at different exposures, then blended together (HDR) and tweaked a bit for contrast.  The 6 different images is why the clouds look a bit funny.  I might have to go back and figure out if I can minimize that look.  Come on out to Medford, OR and I'll get you on the course.

Nah that's a cool effect on the clouds! I'm liking the contrast; but maybe as an alternative dial it down but add "pop" (or saturation?) to the white?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Yesterday I struggled of the tee and getting approach shots to stop on the greens. Bogeyed most of the holes as my tee shots put me in awkward positions or required pitch outs from behind trees; also struggled a bit with the irons. The Bermuda greens played havoc on my approach shots and pitches. Shot 85 with 13 bogeys; no 3 putts.

I will say my backyard practice is paying off and I am now seeing improvements in my on course pitching and chipping. Ball contact is solid and distance control to landing spots is pretty good. Need to get better with figuring out rollout as
I left myself with some long putts to try and get up and down. Not sure I can do that in the backyard and I am thinking that work needs a real green.

Improving iron play will be my next backyard focus; need to work on face contact and low point control. Too many toe misses and fat shots for my liking.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

73 (par 73)

11/14 Fir

13/18 Gir

30 Putts

Hit as good as I have hit it in a long time. Threw away the score though, 3 under through 16, finish bogey, double to shoot even. 3 days in a row of good golf in good weather is a win no matter what the score is!

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

On 5/16/2020 at 10:13 PM, mr.hicksta said:

The good? I finally played Torrey Pines South. The bad? I left my game at home today. Standby for the carnage...

101, 98 ESC (49/52) - 1 birdie, 2 pars, 6 bogeys, 4 doubles, 4 triples and 1 quad. Just a complete disaster. 

FIR 3/14 (21%) - I felt completely uncomfortable off the tee from the get go, which set the tone for the day. 

GIR 3/18 (17%) - Irons and wedges fell in line with my tee game. Just a mess from the get go. 

38 putts with 2 1 putts and 4 3 putts - Like the other areas today, just not good. 

Overall though it was a beautiful day and I look forward to playing the North course eventually as well as getting revenge on the South course!

1B0191F7-B172-42BA-A7D7-9C5594F0E69A.jpeg

90BF1AF5-B148-401C-A127-6E3B2461EB70.jpeg

58FB5C4E-22AD-46D2-88CC-2356D800A3E9.jpeg

48A8E233-8AA2-427D-8DA9-9AF9466DD3E4.jpeg

65F16335-1917-4A0B-BA66-8E08E93A49CB.jpeg

BB8D0F59-6934-4898-913F-92C3BF028105.jpeg

Promise me more pics next time at Torrey Pines 🙏  and I know your score will be lower.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

Classic tale of two nines yesterday. 43-35 78. First live church services in two months and tried out the new SuperSpeed warm up protocol that left me clueless for 7 holes - I started double, double, hitting trees on 1 and 2. Made a solid par on 3, a great up and down for par on 4, a solid par on 5 and then crashed it into the trees with a chip out from the trees into the water on 6 that led to a great double with a fabulous up and down. Bogeyed the par 3 7th after a truly crappy tee shot and then woke up - bogeyed 8 but hit a solid drive and knocked my approach over the stick over the green - missed judged the wind.

I was one under the rest of the way. Had remarkable touch all day, it let me stay around and then get on a roll once I started to drive it in play.

10 holes, 9 pars and a birdie. The best was 18, solid drive down the right side only to discover that the pin was back right (we couldn’t see the pin from the tee, hidden behind a trap with a hard right to left wind and tree branches all down the right side. Tried to cut a 7 iron, double crossed it ended up on the front left leaving me over 100 feet. Putted it to 6 inches and tapped in for one under on the back.

The course that we played was in great shape. It used to be the home of an LPGA event, the St Pete Open. Fast and firm, tight, I hit several drives 240 plus.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Live Church Service

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Live Church Service

Small crowd for sure but it was a great start and we still had a nice number of views of our you tube service - we recorded the Saturday night live one.

So we had 110 in church plus 172 views of the video thus far - if there were an average of 2 people on those views (very conservative estimate given that we have families of 4 or 5 who view) we had nearly 400 people ‘in’ church this weekend. That’s outstanding for this time of year for us. The normal would be 300.

The only real issue that we had was that I’m not in the pulpit for that one and the Rev is not one to stand still when he’s out of the pulpit. Laura gave me the look from behind the camera and I behaved after that.

But just wait for her wedding in two weeks. I’m not in the pulpit for that one hen I preach, either. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Got the second round of the year booked for Thursday!  @Lacassem, @Stankycheese, and I will be teeing it up at Highfields Golf and Country Club in MA.  Mark is going to be busting out those Ping G710 Testers fresh out of the box so this could get interesting! 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

11 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Got the second round of the year booked for Thursday!  @Lacassem, @Stankycheese, and I will be teeing it up at Highfields Golf and Country Club in MA.  Mark is going to be busting out those Ping G710 Testers fresh out of the box so this could get interesting! 

Lot is going to happen Thursday. Should be updating "birdie every hole", "how did you play", and first impressions for the G710's....Good thing I took the day off!

POTENTIALLY updating birdie every hole* if there are any to be had 🤣🤞

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

12 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Lot is going to happen Thursday. Should be updating "birdie every hole", "how did you play", and first impressions for the G710's....Good thing I took the day off!

POTENTIALLY updating birdie every hole* if there are any to be had 🤣🤞

I know... with the update to the league I might have to change my "home course" for the birdie every hole challenge.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Shot good today, and I owe it all to my Optishot...😚

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

My game, in a nutshell....

Screenshot_20200519-200852.jpg.495f6defb700e8ed5c581e48d46439b7.jpg

If you were me, what would you be working on? Putting, right? 😉

I honestly don't feel like the irons were that bad, but it was very windy by our standards (and the direction was almost 180 degrees from normal), so I kept missing greens when I had a chance.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Got some practice in on the course today. Didn’t keep score, and I had the course all to myself. I really worked on flighting it today bc of the 25mph winds that haven’t stopped in days here. I did hit my longest drive ever though. Slightly elevated tee, wind almost straight down, fairway runs away toward the green. Smoked one down the center 355, about 30 yards short of the green. 

Edited by zrumble

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

16th May - First round back since mid March. Was rusty but didn't think I played as badly as the score suggests. Just kept managing to waste a shot on each hole.

Screenshot_20200517-191124.png

Cobra F9 9.5° (Hzrdus Yellow X)

Cobra Speedzone 15° (Tensei Blue X)

Srixon H85 19° (Hzrdus Black 85 6.0)

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-PW (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Mizuno T20 51°, 55°, 59° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 34"

Srixon ZStar

I showed up to play but the course inexplicably “lost” my tee times all the way thru Memorial Day, and the sheet is now 100% booked. So I’m stuck on the waitlist, hoping something opens up.

I’m giving the staff a pass this time, but it’s pretty disappointing to miss 6 straight days that I was planning to play. Our range is also still closed unless you have a tee time booked the same day. Guess I’ll be grinding at the short game complex or taking the show on the road, until next week.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Hit my first drive of the day straight down the middle... about 30 yards..but thank goodness it’s a par 5, and I was able to scrambleBack with a smoked 3-wood, and a 6 iron. Almost sank the birdie... almost. Made some really good shots but just couldn’t score today, things like 3 putt from 10 feet...😡, granted it was impossible pin place on side of hill, and my approach was left and above the hole... or 10 feet off the green and lay a little chip that I thought would be inside 3 feet, somehow ran 20 feet past, or a 106 yd gapW that hit 1 foot right of the pin and somehow bounced and rolled 40’ uphill! 
still managed a 79, but dang what a day....

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I showed up to play but the course inexplicably “lost” my tee times all the way thru Memorial Day, and the sheet is now 100% booked. So I’m stuck on the waitlist, hoping something opens up.
I’m giving the staff a pass this time, but it’s pretty disappointing to miss 6 straight days that I was planning to play. Our range is also still closed unless you have a tee time booked the same day. Guess I’ll be grinding at the short game complex or taking the show on the road, until next week.

How does something like that happen in this day and age? They have you on a wait list?

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I played Cottonwood Hills in Bozeman, MT today.  The threesome I joined played from the blue tees and I opted to do the same - my pride ya know.  71.5/130/6678 is a bit more challenging than my usual. I shot a 47/38. My fortunes on the front nine were not good.  While I struck the ball well, I did not hold my aim points and found a handful of those pesky fir trees whose branches just simply wanted a piece of my passing ball. Several found it necessary to pass the ball to its next door neighbor - leaving me with another opportunity 🤨.  Got a little mojo going on the back with some great approach shots - two 5w lasers on back to back holes that gave me birdie attempts of which I only converted one.  Sure nice getting out and back in the groove.

image.thumb.png.33ee4f5c11270ae447199d9bf45c64d0.png

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

How does something like that happen in this day and age? They have you on a wait list?

I asked the same question and they are allegedly "looking into it".

The short story: they contracted with a glitchy third-party app to automate their tee sheet.

After being encouraged to call-in for tee times instead, I have discovered some shop staff apparently suffer from similar glitches.

Re: waitlist - if anything opens up for a single, I supposedly have first dibs (on 12 minute slots, we are 100% booked every day right now).

Forgiveness keeps the heart light, so I'm not sweating the situation.

Edit: apologies Spy fam - "got problems?" would have been a more appropriate thread for this mess.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan