TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

27 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

My wife, Brother-in-law and I went out after the rainstorm passed through this morning.  Grass was soggy and had to take casual water relief several times, including the greens.  None of us played well, and I never got into it after the triple, followed by a double.  My BIL has only played once this year and was fighting his swing; that was distracting.  He wanted to play the senior tees, so I did also.  I think I was +8 on the front nine (might be off by a shot or two).  I managed a +3 on the back nine even though the wind picked up to 15-20 mph.  Funny how I shoot the same scores from my regular tees or the senior tees.

My highlight was the drivable par 4 #14 risk/reward hole.  I have never been able to drive this green in 5 years I've played this course, and I never even try from my regular tees.  The senior tees are just enough closer and with the tail wind, I said What the heck!!  If I hit my normal shot to lay up, I would have been in a soggy fairway.  This is the wettest fairway on the course normally.  I carried the 50 yard long bunker short of the green, landed into an upslope of rough and the ball hopped onto the green.  I had an eagle putt!!!  

You missed the eagle putt by "that much"????    Er, sorry about that Chief. 

Did you tap in for birdie?

Because of sun spots or food poisoning,  starting playing driver games again,  last Sat. at range out of boredom changed ball position for driver,  moved ball way forward and was hitting some stupidly high bombs with TM M2 74 gram GD Tour AD.  Suddenly decided to abandon TM M3 9.5 with Accra X455, why? (to try hit bombs) Then the next two days was monsoon weather so had no chance to dial in this experiment.  

Golf league on Tuesday I'm in limbo so I start with TM M2 10.5 w 74 gram GD Tour AD and hit 1st drive off 1 and 2 '"ok" then proceed to hit weak, putrid flares on 4.5.and 6.   There is a backup on 8 so I get out the wrench (the league is pretty loose with this kind of stuff, like rules) and swap out the 74 GD Tour AD shaft for the Accura X455, shaft 65 gram) which now feels like a feather and then on a short par 5 I hit an g-ball 40 yds. down the hill into a small meadow, with the geese and snakes.    Note to self, never swap out shafts, especially heavy to light, during a round again.  Besides, it might be against the rules.  Yeah, it is. 

Couldn't get up and down all day to save the royal bacon,  I was full of self-loathing and despair.   Shot 6 over for nine holes, stink, stank, stunk.  

The worse part, no 19th hole therapy or sympathetic beer cart girls. 😩

I love this game.  See you next week.

Golf is such a funny sport sometimes.  Tuesday night I shot a 40 on 9 and was playing really well. Wednesday afternoon shot 91 on 18... Different course and all but such a different golfer on day 2

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

7 hours ago, SlowNLow said:

You missed the eagle putt by "that much"????    Er, sorry about that Chief. 

Did you tap in for birdie?

LOL.   I slow-walked to the cup hoping it would drop but my wife said "Pick it up."

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I asked the same question and they are allegedly "looking into it".
The short story: they contracted with a glitchy third-party app to automate their tee sheet.
After being encouraged to call-in for tee times instead, I have discovered some shop staff apparently suffer from similar glitches.
Re: waitlist - if anything opens up for a single, I supposedly have first dibs (on 12 minute slots, we are 100% booked every day right now).
Forgiveness keeps the heart light, so I'm not sweating the situation.
Edit: apologies Spy fam - "got problems?" would have been a more appropriate thread for this mess.

Hope they take care of you, good luck

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

First full go around for the year at the home course today. We had a ton of rain over the weekend, and the course had been closed since Sunday, I think. Most of the fairways were as long as the rough and pretty wet. Everything was all carry.

- 45/47 = 92 (+20)
- 3/15 FIR
- 3/18 GIR
- 34 Putts (2 3-putts, 13 2-putts, 2 1-putts, 1 chip-in)
- 2:45 Round Time (Love being the first off...)

I'm starting to hit better shots, but right now everything is either pretty good or just awful as I work through the swing changes from my lessons. It's one thing to put them in place on a range, but on the course it's a whole different ballgame.

I still really struggled mightily today getting off the tee for the first 15 holes. And unfortunately it really carried over to some shots from the fairway where I had my fair share of clanked tops and even a few dead shanks. Ugh. Looking back on the ShotScope data and it's pretty ugly.

Putted really well on the front nine, not as good on the back. Chipping was pretty good all around again. So there are some bright spots. And on the last three holes my driver started to wake up a little, finally registering a 245-yard carry on No. 16. 

Hoping to play a few times over the long weekend, and hoping more swings continue to work the kinks out.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

15 hours ago, downlowkey said:

I asked the same question and they are allegedly "looking into it".

The short story: they contracted with a glitchy third-party app to automate their tee sheet.

After being encouraged to call-in for tee times instead, I have discovered some shop staff apparently suffer from similar glitches.

Re: waitlist - if anything opens up for a single, I supposedly have first dibs (on 12 minute slots, we are 100% booked every day right now).

Forgiveness keeps the heart light, so I'm not sweating the situation.

Edit: apologies Spy fam - "got problems?" would have been a more appropriate thread for this mess.

My tracks are also 100% “booked”, but I just cruise out and ask to get on the waiting list- half hour is the longest wait I’ve had. There always somebody who doesn’t show up... but I’ve also hear the stories of the guy that’s waited 3 hours and still doesn’t get on...  crazy times

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Played last weekend for the first time in a while due to Covid. Played a new course for me (Paradise Valley Golf Course in Fairfield, CA). Met up with a friend and planned to make it a fun day. We walked with push carts so we strapped a cooler to them filled with beer and headed out. Started opening the beer around the 3rd hole and kept them flowing. Shot 2 over on the front. By the time we hit the back nine, I had also thrown in a decent sized cocktail AND my friend's shoes were giving him blisters so he started to go barefoot. To keep our game fair, I took my shoes off too. With the golf layoff, drinks, and shoes added up I think I shot 12 over on the back nine alone 😬 opps...Now I see why I normally don't drink while I play (yeah I know Im boring)... 

Will be playing again this weekend, but might leave the beer at home and see how it goes...

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Spent all of the morning replanting stuff around the house, along with other landscaping projects then went out and playing 18 with my wife. Damn she's really picked up her game - she ended up with a 99. In the past month she's dropped her handicap 4 1/2 strokes.

I started out rough and my game didn't pickup til the end of the front 9 = 47. Some much for playing golf after a bunch of outdoor projects. I did better on the back - ending up with a 43. Darn so close to breaking 90 again.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Where do you see the last few strokes to break 90 coming from? How many putts are you averaging per round?

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

Managed to sneak in 9 yesterday. Started out by hooking a driver nearly into the opposite fairway bunker, realized I dropped my laser either during my last round or on the way to the tee box, hit an A gap wedge to 12 feet and sunk the birdie putt. From there it was somewhat smooth sailing although I did have 3 3 putts in a row, but two were from horrendous angles and one was 100 feet. 

Last hole I caught a pitching wedge somewhat thin and hit the backstop hill... where it stayed. Left with a 45 footer down the hill I managed to hit it 44.94 feet. Stopping about an inch short of the birdie. Tapped in for 42 which is solid enough for me. Feel like my game is leaps and bounds better than last year at this time, although I'm not sure how much of a season we will have based on weather.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I looked at the tee sheet for Saturday and Sunday at da club...I'm not playing until Wednesday. Everything is booked until about 2.30 both days.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

7 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

Where do you see the last few strokes to break 90 coming from? How many putts are you averaging per round?

I didn't putt as well on the front - total putts for the 18 = 35. However strokes lost were in the first three holes - which are the easiest  par 4s. Two doubles and a single ruined my score. By the time I got to #4 things were working a bit better and I got a par there. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Played a nice Executive course today with my Grandparents as their first time out for the year. Just nine holes but it was very relaxed we played rather quickly for a 3-some. I played well at +4 with only 3 “bad” shots. Two of which can be attributed to me not paying attention.
All in all I would say I had a good round and ball striking with the new swing changes is really starting the click!

Hope Everyone is getting out and Staying Safe!

el cómo jugaste hilo está en llamas!! 🏌️‍♂️

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

8 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

Balboa Golf Course today. My luck with the 3W off the tee expired the other day apparently. 

96, 92 ESC (41/55) - 1 birdie, 6 pars, 5 bogeys, 2 doubles and 4 quads. I legitimately felt like I lost my swing on the back 9. 

FIR 3/14 (21%) - The front wasn't too bad, but I was all over the place on the back. 

GIR 7/18 (39%) - To make matters worse, the shanks made their way into my game on the back. Blah!

35 putts, four 1 putts and three 3 putts. SG putting, -5.740

I'm glad I was able to cross another San Diego course off the list, and while I ended the round with a par, +16 over four holes just isn't going to cut it. I was seriously disappointed as it was inexplicable. I'm shaking it off though and I'm looking forward to getting in a couple more rounds this weekend with my driver in the bag!

47156165-04B0-4F55-BB5B-C7AABD95D6CB.jpeg

Nice! I remember Balboa as I was stationed at 32nd Street. But of course the Navy had too many plans for me so didn't play golf there. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

4 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Nice! I remember Balboa as I was stationed at 32nd Street. But of course the Navy had too many plans for me so didn't play golf there. 

32nd Street....now that brings back some memories.  Our sub pulled in there for a couple of days of R&R following a rigorous operational exam.  We did let off some steam!  😄 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

The score doesn't reflect, how i felt hitting the irons, wedges and putting (backyard practicing wedges and putting pays off) which was pretty good considering not playing consistently, Driver was stuck, couldn't get around it, push a lot to the right , but silly mistakes here and there added up quickly. Specially on the par 5 butcher them
Hopefully in the next few weeks when i start to play more regularly the scores will start to come down.image.thumb.png.366971b7f9caf35a59c28fe6f5bc3967.png

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I didn't putt as well on the front - total putts for the 18 = 35. However strokes lost were in the first three holes - which are the easiest  par 4s. Two doubles and a single ruined my score. By the time I got to #4 things were working a bit better and I got a par there. 

Ah, yeah double-bogey avoidance is one of the fastest ways to drop score.  Were the doubles due to poor decisions or just bad swings?

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

8 minutes ago, ChasingScratch said:

Ah, yeah double-bogey avoidance is one of the fastest ways to drop score.  Were the doubles due to poor decisions or just bad swings?

Stiff back = bad swings. Didn't take the time to do some flexibility exercises before hand = 5 strokes lost in the first 3 holes. That'll teach me. . 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Like dog poop. bacon Boyz were alive and well this morning, 23 guys.
I hit a couple of decent irons but driver was MIA and putter was trying but couldn’t get going. Lost one ball on a short Par 3.
6 over

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

el cómo jugaste hilo está en llamas!! 🏌️‍♂️

Llamas? What llamas? 😆

You talking about these llamas...
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/may/04/llamapalooza-uc-berkeley-llama-stressed-student-mental-health

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg