TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Stiff back = bad swings. Didn't take the time to do some flexibility exercises before hand = 5 strokes lost in the first 3 holes. That'll teach me. . 

I'm guilty of not stretching as well...  Often times I get to the course a few minutes before the tee time (mainly due to fatherhood responsibilities).

Stiffness = no good for golf.

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

Drove the ball as good as I have last couple years! But my approach game was awful and my putting was one lip out after another and average first putt was from 32 feet!

image.thumb.png.38cd6ca26626c41c08d40f3b27806ca6.png

May be time to put the Black Cats back in the bag and try to shake something up 🏌️‍♂️ even though Jack Nicklaus never blamed his clubs...but I'm no Jack Nicklaus!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

29 minutes ago, Kanoito said:

Today was a good day.

FB_IMG_1590225676431.jpg.e490c6c36455d265bbafebbee0ef16ac.jpg

What app is that?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

32 minutes ago, yungkory said:

What app is that?

GolfShot

It's the free version.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

... I take Covid 19 seriously living in Illinois and close to Chicago, one of the hot spots. I stay home as much as possible and have been out a few times to Whole Foods. Been lucky enough to play golf 5 times since the ban was lifted even though we have had the wettest May in history. Played with a friend yesterday and was back at the same course today. Tough to get tee times because it is 2 some only and spaced 15 minutes apart. That is 8 golfers an hour at a course that normally has 8 minute intervals and 4 somes. 

... But the guy I was to play with showed up wearing a mask in his car alone and came up to the starter that I am friends with and I and said "you guys are too close together" when we were a good 8 feet apart. He was standing 15 feet away and said he wanted to play alone. The starter said that was not possible with only 8 golfers an hour. The guy looked at me, then the starter, shook his head and went back to his car. I would add you have to pre pay with no refunds and he just left. I think I may have dodged a bullet as it could have been a very uncomfortable day. With no putting greens/ranges open, I used the time to play a practice round, hitting multiple shots and trying different things like high/low, fades and draws, etc. It turned into a good practice day so no complaints. next 10 days look like rain so glad I got in some practice. May 29th Illinois goes to 10 minutes tee times and 4 comes allowed again so this was probably the last day of severe Covid restrictions. 

... How did I play? Extremely well and extremely poorly which is how practice rounds go. Lost some balls and made some birdies and now I am just waiting for my T100-S irons o show up!  

I think you’re correct, the guy was a bit too paranoid.
You and your Bud were OK.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I never remember to post here but since I tweaked my back yesterday, I’m sitting here watching everyone else post 😑

Played at Patty Jewitt in Co Springs yesterday.  Patty has been closed due to people not social distancing.  People not caring/following the rules resulted in the course being shut down for 2.5 weeks.  <Insert insulting descriptions of these people here>  They’ve just opened up again.

The good thing about being closed for 2 weeks?  The course was in really, really good shape.  Since I’ve started playing again, 4-5 yrs ago, I’ve never seen it in this good of shape.  Greens were as good as I’ve seen anywhere.  Patty is a public course run by the city.  It’s a heavily played course.  If you like 6hr rounds, this is the place to be.  To see it like this was a joy.

Playing was hit & miss.  Couldn’t find a driver swing, only hit 2 solid drives all day.  This killed me on a couple of holes.  Dogleg right par 5, pushed the drive into the trees.  I was able to punch it through the trees and forward but didn’t make it back to the fairway.  The rough was thick and my next shot from 153 was right but hole high.  And in the thick stuff again.  Butchered the pitch and then ...  And then ...  Ended up with an 8 on a par 5.  Ugh.

But the iron play was pretty good. The shot of the day was on a 163yd par 3, uphill with a breeze against us.  We figured it would play around 180.  Knocked it 3 foot short of the hole and I did make that putt.  Yay for me!  Only birdie of the day although there were some good looks.

Fun day, great weather.  Can’t wait to go do it again.

Adjusted my driver down a few degrees, which opens it up slightly as well. Probably should have done it at the range before I took it to the course, but it was way too beautiful not to get a round in!

44/45; 89

36 putts, 3/14 FIR, 6/18 GIR

I was a little streaky off the tee and with the short game, had some great shots and some really poor ones. I still feel like I'm leaving some shots on the course, but 89's definitely on the low side for me! I'm happy with the consistency I've seen so far this year, hopefully it leads to some new lows.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

Reset my driver, and bagged a new 3 wood. 78 in absolutely soggy conditions and standing water all over the back 9. Only 1 birdie and 4 of the 5 times I hit the 3 wood it was a good shot.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Stunk it up today.  Front was okay...40 with a double, then made the turn and a new guy showed up.  Doubled #10 (bad chip), doubled #12 (OB and provisional no decent shot), #16 dropped a ball in water but saved bogey, 18 -- wow --- unplayable lie from drive, hit the dropped shot thru the fairway behind a tree with no way to hit the green....7 for a smooth 45 on the backside.  85 for the round.   To be fair, I seem to have injured my right wrist/forearm somehow and it bothered me most of the day.  Icing it now at home.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Got out early today before the rain came and got in 36 holes before the skies opened up. My 4 ball turned into me playing as a single and out first with a cart, first round was just under 2 hours. Hit it well and made a few putts for a change and turned the first round in even par with 4 birds and 4 bogies. Used the second 18 as a practice round and hit some chips and putts around the greens and I blew around the course. Two more days of golf to go before I have to get back to the grind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

10 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

I don't normally post on How'd You Play because somehow I haven't felt quite good enough that anyone would want to know. But today is different. Today I was the happiest person on the golf course and even danced around one of the greens when I made a 2nd birdie.

But best of all, I finally broke 90 with an 84. Woohoo! It's like my 3 wood made up it's mind to take control of my game this afternoon but allowed me to go along to view the scenery. It was quite a surreal feeling. I thought I had lost it all on #17 when my drive bounced OB on the right and my next shot soared all the way across the fairway into a lake. Completed that hole with my only 7 of the day.

... Congrats Artful! Not that everyone needs to post all their rounds or even any rounds, but I would say bad rounds are probably more relatable than good rounds. I think we all love reading about good rounds but even a + index has more bad rounds than good rounds. Of course "bad" is relative but we are all here because we love reading about golf. Thanks for sharing. ✌️

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... Congrats Artful! Not that everyone needs to post all their rounds or even any rounds, but I would say bad rounds are probably more relatable than good rounds. I think we all love reading about good rounds but even a + index has more bad rounds than good rounds. Of course "bad" is relative but we are all here because we love reading about golf. Thanks for sharing. ✌️

Thanks for the support.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

I don't normally post on How'd You Play because somehow I haven't felt quite good enough that anyone would want to know. But today is different. Today I was the happiest person on the golf course and even danced around one of the greens when I made a 2nd birdie.
But best of all, I finally broke 90 with an 84. Woohoo! It's like my 3 wood made up it's mind to take control of my game this afternoon but allowed me to go along to view the scenery. It was quite a surreal feeling. I thought I had lost it all on #17 when my drive bounced OB on the right and my next shot soared all the way across the fairway into a lake. Completed that hole with my only 7 of the day.

Those are the kind of results that keep you coming back to the game.

Congrats on the score!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

29 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

Can’t agree more than @chisag said. I think I can speak for everyone when I say we just enjoy reading about rounds. What you liked about the course what can be worked on. What you saw you can work on. Not always about good scoring we just like to talk golf!

Congrats on that low number he’ll of a day. Did you pull a happy Gilmore dancing around the green

image.gif.881f8664a9d504d1062983ae5fa09c63.gif

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

35 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

That's awesome to hear man! Keep up the good work. What course did you play?

Gratefully,

Jordan Churchill

Just now, tony@CIC said:

My wife and I played at different times today both we both arrived at the same conclusion - we strongly dislike playing on holiday weekends.

My league partner and I decided to play 18. There's an open tee time between us and the threesome ahead so we thought we'd be moving along quickly. We caught up to them on #3, they're 30 somethings playing from the whites (6000 yds). 2 out of the 3 are major slicers, the 3rd can't hit it past the ladies tee. And to top it off it was cart path only. As we approached 7th totally disgusted, we both said at the same time we're calling it quits.

My wife gave up after 9.

emoji35.png

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Yikes brah. Been there.

Gratefully,

Jordan Churchill

1 hour ago, Jmikecpa said:

Got out early today before the rain came and got in 36 holes before the skies opened up. My 4 ball turned into me playing as a single and out first with a cart, first round was just under 2 hours. Hit it well and made a few putts for a change and turned the first round in even par with 4 birds and 4 bogies. Used the second 18 as a practice round and hit some chips and putts around the greens and I blew around the course. Two more days of golf to go before I have to get back to the grind.

What course did you play?

Gratefully,

Jordan Churchill

What course did you play?

My home club, Inwood Country Club on Long Island.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

2 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

My home club, Inwood Country Club on Long Island.

Man what a beautiful course!! under 2 hours for 18 is insane! does your cart have a super charger in it?

Gratefully,

Jordan Churchill

Man what a beautiful course!! under 2 hours for 18 is insane! does your cart have a super charger in it?

Fairways and greens. Missed one fairway and hit 14/18 greens.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

1 hour ago, artful_golfer said:

That's what golf is ALL about...YOU and the golf course and the challenge that lays ahead! Congratulations on the day and your accomplishment.

image.png.a58289b8b6976399de67a87fa173ad96.png

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

1 hour ago, artful_golfer said:

Great round!!  Now you have to replace the Broke 100 badge with a Broke 90 badge.  Congratulations!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”