Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 hour ago, artful_golfer said:

I don't normally post on How'd You Play because somehow I haven't felt quite good enough that anyone would want to know. But today is different. Today I was the happiest person on the golf course and even danced around one of the greens when I made a 2nd birdie.

But best of all, I finally broke 90 with an 84. Woohoo! It's like my 3 wood made up it's mind to take control of my game this afternoon but allowed me to go along to view the scenery. It was quite a surreal feeling. I thought I had lost it all on #17 when my drive bounced OB on the right and my next shot soared all the way across the fairway into a lake. Completed that hole with my only 7 of the day.

Congrats on the breaking the 90 barrier.  Always great to read about people beating their personal best or crossing the 100, 90, 80, or 70 barrier.  Like others have said,  this is just a way to talk about our round and its successes and failures.  Sometimes we post scores, sometimes we just talk about what went right or wrong. 

Keep it up!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

36 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Can’t agree more than @chisag said. I think I can speak for everyone when I say we just enjoy reading about rounds. What you liked about the course what can be worked on. What you saw you can work on. Not always about good scoring we just like to talk golf!

Congrats on that low number he’ll of a day. Did you pull a happy Gilmore dancing around the green

image.gif.881f8664a9d504d1062983ae5fa09c63.gif

Not exactly but thanks for making me laugh. I did use my putter as my dancing partner.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

8 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

Not exactly but thanks for making me laugh. I did use my putter as my dancing partner.

Now ya have a dance queued up for the next one!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.  Interesting day today.  Shot 79.  

The good news... I had 3 birdies, and I got to check off 2 more holes in the 2020 Birdie Challenge thread.  #4 is a fairly straightforward par 3 playing downhill into the wind most days.  I've birdied that hole many times over the years, but it had eluded me this year until today.  The other is the par 3 #15 which has always been a difficult hole for me; usually into the wind 150-185 yards with trouble left and right.  Today the wind was favorable.

The bad news is that I got back-to-back doubles on #9 and #10.  Woulda, shoulda, coulda been a very nice round.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.  Interesting day today.  Shot 79.  

The good news... I had 3 birdies, and I got to check off 2 more holes in the 2020 Birdie Challenge thread.  #4 is a fairly straightforward par 3 playing downhill into the wind most days.  I've birdied that hole many times over the years, but it had eluded me this year until today.  The other is the par 3 #15 which has always been a difficult hole for me; usually into the wind 150-185 yards with trouble left and right.  Today the wind was favorable.

The bad news is that I got back-to-back doubles on #9 and #10.  Woulda, shoulda, coulda been a very nice round.

How many on the challenge are you at now?

good work. Bright side it wasn’t 3 doubles in a row? Amiright

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

52 minutes ago, JChurch said:

That's awesome to hear man! Keep up the good work. What course did you play?

Our home course, The Club at Colony Creek in Victoria, Texas

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

9 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

How many on the challenge are you at now?

good work. Bright side it wasn’t 3 doubles in a row? Amiright

So far 12/18.  The six left are 7,8,9,10,12, and 17.  

I have 3 par 3's left.  #8 is a very tough birdie, playing anywhere from 170-218 usually into the wind.  #12 I aced two years ago.   #17 is supposedly the easiest hole on the course.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6/14 fir

11/18 gir

29 putts

First round with new irons so really had no idea what to expect. Was a little loose with the swing but it was a day of bad bounces. 3 green side bunker shots where I am standing outside the bunker at least a foot above the ball. Couple that with bad putting and makes it tough to shoot a good score. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

2 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

I don't normally post on How'd You Play because somehow I haven't felt quite good enough that anyone would want to know. But today is different. Today I was the happiest person on the golf course and even danced around one of the greens when I made a 2nd birdie.

But best of all, I finally broke 90 with an 84. Woohoo! It's like my 3 wood made up it's mind to take control of my game this afternoon but allowed me to go along to view the scenery. It was quite a surreal feeling. I thought I had lost it all on #17 when my drive bounced OB on the right and my next shot soared all the way across the fairway into a lake. Completed that hole with my only 7 of the day.

Congratulations on breaking 90! That's a major accomplishment and thank you for sharing it with us. 

No good. Started a bit scratchy but was putting well. Then I decided to put the ball as far as possible from the hole a few times, resulting in 3 putts. 

Probably the least engaged I've been for a long time, mostly due to one of the guys I was playing with.  He was playing like crap, and behaving even worse. Several lost balls were followed by several club throws. On our 12th hole he hit his 2nd shot OOB, and threw another club. This provided my round highlight. The club went OOB, into a tree, from which he couldn't recover it. Thankfully he stopped playing after that. I can't believe how angry he was, and the difference between his ability and expectation was as far apart as anyone I've ever played with.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Tough day - Tied my worst score in the past 8 years so that's fun.   Putting Yips and inability to get the ball in decent spots off the tee were the main culprits.  I also tried several stupid shots that I didn't execute and just didn't think my way through the round.  Just playing a bit more strategic, could have been 4 strokes off the scorecard.  But it is what it is.  Had a great time with some buddies and will play better next time.  On the plus side, I feel decently dialed in from 120 yards and in.  It was not the course to have trouble off tee, it's a bit tighter and it had not dried up so it was playing longer than the 6925 yards for a par 71.  Although, maybe that kept a few more drives in bounds for me lol

I should have went to the claw grip a bit earlier in the round on my putting, but even that was not feeling great.  My chosen line was usually pretty good, but my bottom hand would wig out and cause a pushed putt without the desired weight and come up 5 or 6 feet short left of hole.

Score - 86

Fairways - 3

Greens - 7

Putts - 38

image.thumb.png.afb9d139b1c24535065107671217c8b7.png

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

1 hour ago, Peaksy68 said:

The club went OOB, into a tree, from which he couldn't recover it.

A bit different but reminds me of this - 

Virginia:
What's this about you breaking a rake and throwing it in the woods?

Happy Gilmore:
I didn't *break* it, I was merely testing its durability, and I *placed* it in the woods cause it's made of wood and I thought he should be with his family.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Congratulations, and don’t feel that you aren’t good enough to post here we all struggle w this game

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

11 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

Congratulations!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Poor typing in my above post. It was our 12th hole that the club went up the tree. Probably would have been better for me if it was the 2nd😉

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

10 hours ago, Zen Snake said:

Great day out. Had a lil too much to drink around the turn but I was still putting it down on the course....IMG_20200521_211324_086.jpeg20200521_183246.jpeg20200521_183326.jpegIMG_20200521_210907_795.jpeg

Sent from my LG-H931 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

A 10 hdcp shooting 75, maybe you should drink more often...Nice Round.

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Well I'm guessing at my handicap right now. I need to actually start tracking it. I'm hoping the arccos system tracks a handicap.

A 10 hdcp shooting 75, maybe you should drink more often...Nice Round.

Sent from my LG-H931 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos:

23 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I played my first round with a member of the forum today and it was a blast! Back around the beginning of April, David a.k.a. @KillerGees contacted me noting we live in the same area and asked if we could meet up sometime and play. He brought Jesse, a friend from work to my local course. They're great guys and we had a good time. We're going to get together again around July once his course finishes the repairs on their greens.

I shot 48/47 for a 95 hitting 6 fairways and zero greens. My short game was on fire with Arccos recording 4 chip and downs and 32 putts. I had to do something to make up for my abysmal approach game 😂

We walked the course, the first time I've ever walked 18 holes and I'm just glad the course had a push cart I could use, even if one of the back tires was about to come off and wobbled the whole time. I'm going to be sore in the morning, but I actually enjoyed walking as I feel it slowed me down and helped with the focus. Except when I was gasping for breath. 

This is what the forum is all about, it's not only getting to talk to great folks online but getting to meet and golf with another member is awesome. 

That’s awesome  can’t wait to get out with some members soon.

best part of walking in my eyes. See parts of the course you wouldn’t normally see and helps you like you said “slow down” helps you think about the next shot as well I find 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

30 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I played my first round with a member of the forum today and it was a blast! Back around the beginning of April, David a.k.a. @KillerGees contacted me noting we live in the same area and asked if we could meet up sometime and play. He brought Jesse, a friend from work to my local course. They're great guys and we had a good time. We're going to get together again around July once his course finishes the repairs on their greens.

I shot 48/47 for a 95 hitting 6 fairways and zero greens. My short game was on fire with Arccos recording 4 chip and downs and 32 putts. I had to do something to make up for my abysmal approach game 😂

We walked the course, the first time I've ever walked 18 holes and I'm just glad the course had a push cart I could use, even if one of the back tires was about to come off and wobbled the whole time. I'm going to be sore in the morning, but I actually enjoyed walking as I feel it slowed me down and helped with the focus. Except when I was gasping for breath. 

This is what the forum is all about, it's not only getting to talk to great folks online but getting to meet and golf with another member is awesome. 

Awesome! Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

- 43/42 = 85 (+13)
- 10/15 FIR
- 7/18 GIR (1 birdie)
- 36 Putts (4 3-putts , 10 2-putts, 4 1-putts)
- 2:45 Round Time 
FINALLY! I sorted out the gremlin in my swing and was able to get the ball off the tee box today, and I struck a handful of really great irons, also. All I was thinking about today was making sure I was bent over less and had good weight distribution in my setup. Helped immensely. Only threw away two shots - a topped six iron on No. 3 and a finesse shank from about 110 on No. 10. 
Had a birdie on the front and reeled off four-straight pars on the back nine before I started getting a little wild off the tee and that hurt me on 15, 16 and 17. Sadly, two of the 3-putts were after hitting the GIR. Need to clean that up! Would have been a pretty great scoring round for me had I not had those bad putting holes.
Still not hitting the ball spectacularly, but this gives me a lot of confidence moving forward.
I ordered a flexible phone mount to attach to my cart, and I videoed hole No. 1, which I parred. I have a ton of respect for people who do full course vlogs, it takes a lot of time to even do one hole. I don't think I would want to do a whole round, but I may do a hole here or there as the season goes just for fun. 

Nice video!

Also. I feel like I’ve developed a real touch for the finesse shank with a wedge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I still shot over 100 today, but some saw glimpses of good golf. Had a few pars, which is good for me. What I need to stop is the two way OB miss and the fat shots, both of those cause blow up holes.

My of the tee miss is a result of swinging too much inside with an open face. I either try to save it at the end and snap hook (this happens more often than not) or I hold it off and results in a push fade OB. Experimented with a power fade after my round, on the range today. I actually setup with the driver face closed and on the downswing, the intent for me is to close the face as much as possible and swing left as much as possible. Results in a nice power fade, with the miss being straight. Seems like this shot will be more predictable, need to try it on the course next week.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

5 hours ago, edingc said:

- 43/42 = 85 (+13)
- 10/15 FIR
- 7/18 GIR (1 birdie)
- 36 Putts (4 3-putts 😢, 10 2-putts, 4 1-putts)
- 2:45 Round Time 

FINALLY! I sorted out the gremlin in my swing and was able to get the ball off the tee box today, and I struck a handful of really great irons, also. All I was thinking about today was making sure I was bent over less and had good weight distribution in my setup. Helped immensely. Only threw away two shots - a topped six iron on No. 3 and a finesse shank from about 110 on No. 10. 

Had a birdie on the front and reeled off four-straight pars on the back nine before I started getting a little wild off the tee and that hurt me on 15, 16 and 17. Sadly, two of the 3-putts were after hitting the GIR. Need to clean that up! Would have been a pretty great scoring round for me had I not had those bad putting holes.

Still not hitting the ball spectacularly, but this gives me a lot of confidence moving forward.

I ordered a flexible phone mount to attach to my cart, and I videoed hole No. 1, which I parred. I have a ton of respect for people who do full course vlogs, it takes a lot of time to even do one hole. I don't think I would want to do a whole round, but I may do a hole here or there as the season goes just for fun. 

"Finesse shank" I'm stealing this

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

20 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

I was the happiest person on the golf course..

..But best of all, I finally broke 90 with an 84

Play Happy! (Nancy Lopez's golf motto)

Good shooting and CONGRATS!! on that huge breakthrough 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

2 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Also. I feel like I’ve developed a real touch for the finesse shank with a wedge. emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Hah!! I pull off a nice one of those, too, every now and then (although I'm not always laughing at myself at the time, I do realize it's just a part of the game for some of us non-pros)...

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Hah!! I pull off a nice one of those, too, every now and then (although I'm not always laughing at myself at the time, I do realize it's just a part of the game for some of us non-pros)...

I think I may bust this out next time I’m on a 140-160 yard par 3...

*walks to tee with lob wedge*
Playing partner: you sure you got enough club?
Me: Yeah brah! I’m going for a nice finesse shank here.
*hits it pure 73 yards*
*finesse shanks next shot over the green*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8