TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png
61273787372__DCE81E98-81DA-4741-B6C9-224F246340FA.JPG

Man, as someone whose miss is a block to the right, that tree is FRIGHTENING. Honestly, that's kind of a silly window to have to hit through. They should at least trim back that overhang on the left, geez. Golf is already hard, I don't need the greenskeepers to make it impossible.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

5 hours ago, PMookie said:

First thought: Mitch “Wild Thing” Williams!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I remember watching him with the Cubs growing up. It was definitely edge of your seat TV, you never knew what was going to happen. Lots of talent, but his control was suspicious at times.

5 hours ago, PMookie said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png
61273787372__DCE81E98-81DA-4741-B6C9-224F246340FA.JPG

I'm hitting from the whites. 😂

11 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I took half a day vacation today to play with a friend I haven't played with in a couple years. Front 9 was pretty much garbage. Ok off the tee, but irons were a struggle. Chipping was meh, I was rarely close enough to expect to make the putt. Ended up with 49 on the front. I decided to actually play my driver on the back and work on it since the front sucked. Turned out to be a good idea. 43 on the back with a pathetic triple on a par 3 (no lost balls, so yeah, it was bad). Chipping improved so I had 4 one-putts on the back (5 total one-putts, no three-putts). +20 total on a pretty tough course that I've only played one other time.

Here is a pic of their "signature" hole. Long, downhill par 3. Was playing about 190 over a ravine. Managed to par it with a 4h to just off the back, decent chip, and a putt. Beautiful hole, IMO.

20200601_151014.thumb.jpg.c6565dff98c3311309f4c1da30ec6044.jpg

I'm trying to work out if I've played there before...

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

5 minutes ago, MattF said:

I'm trying to work out if I've played there before...

Rawiga Golf and Swim Club in Seville. I really like the layout - the natural terrain makes for some interesting semi-blind shots. Fortunately, both times I've played there we were with regulars that could warn us of stuff you can't see and preferred targets.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Rawiga Golf and Swim Club in Seville. I really like the layout - the natural terrain makes for some interesting semi-blind shots. Fortunately, both times I've played there we were with regulars that could warn us of stuff you can't see and preferred targets.
That's a really fun course. I would meet you down there anytime.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

10 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

So I played Aviara yesterday and it was the best course I've played in San Diego (yes, better than Torrey IMO), but I brought my trash game so it was a frustrating round. It was also the 16th round of golf I played in May!

95 (48/47), 92 ESC - 1 birdie, 4 pars, 8 bogeys, 2 doubles, 1 triple, 1 quad and 1 quintuple. So basically, 3 holes destroyed my round. 

FIR 7/14 (50%) - I had a few monster drives, but also got a bit wild. 

GIR 5/18 (28%) - Irons and wedges were 'meh' again. 

38 putts (SG -7.380) with five 3 putts and one 4 putt. An absolutely HORRENDOUS day putting. The greens were rolling nice, but they were hard to read. 

For whatever reason, I seem to play poorly at nice courses, which is disappointing, but it was nice to finally check Aviara off the list. On to the next round!

5E15D71D-3C17-4A87-AA29-C28523A90183.jpeg

755381EE-DE86-4228-A024-4D338CE5776D.jpeg

1BBDA40C-F402-4A6A-8754-E0408F2CD8C5.jpeg

9E1460FC-B1F1-4649-BB40-B9AFBE45CAA1.jpeg

D133786C-C148-4E0D-A758-AECE0B7F275B.jpeg

BA93637F-7313-4E89-8200-98EDCBB83A8A.jpeg

Damn I love California!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

Man, as someone whose miss is a block to the right, that tree is FRIGHTENING. Honestly, that's kind of a silly window to have to hit through. They should at least trim back that overhang on the left, geez. Golf is already hard, I don't need the greenskeepers to make it impossible.

Yeah, the first time I played this course was about a month ago. That overhang just in front of the blues was in my mind, so I moved to the white tees. Yesterday I played with a buddy who plays there all the time and we played it from the blues. Honestly, it was the best drive I hit all day. I agree that they need to cut the tree back for sure, but the members like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Played a Exec 9 this morning that was playing long considering only Par 3’s. Shortest was 155 yards longest 210. Shot 4 over not earth shattering.
I got to the course a bit earlier than usually do to warm up w Orange Whip. I’m feeling that this is going too be a good thing for me.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Not shabby either buddy! Well done

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

11 hours ago, yungkory said:

Looks fine from the Whites.  😆

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Played there once, when the 9th was the 18th or vice versa. The fairway has a pretty good right to left slope.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

League was a bit of a grind tonight - I made the decision to hit driver as much as I could, just to see if results from yesterday were a fluke. It sort of worked out, but I am starting to build some confidence in it. Not a lot of fairways but only one big miss (tolerable location to recover). Irons were suspect, chipping was brilliant and brutal all at the same time. Putting was great. I only missed one within ~10 feet and had a 40-ish footer that was perfect lag - rolled to about 6 inches past the hole. Started with two doubles, +4 the rest of the way with 13 putts.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Played RTJ Lakewood Azalea Course this weekend. If you're ever down that way I would suggest playing either of the courses. Now onto unforgiving part. Driver and 3w are back to original form. Still waiting for my iron game to show back up, it has been missing for a couple months. Found out my putter face insert was starting to peel off about hole 8. Finished the day with a 92, no thanks to the iron game.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

On 5/31/2020 at 5:45 PM, silver & black said:

I figure this is as good a place as any to put this. Have any of you seriously considered giving up this game? I am there right now. I have gone from a solid single digit to.... I have no idea.

I can't hit a ball with anything.... driver, irons or wedges. Everything I hit is almost cut in half with the bottom of the club. This has gone on for at least the last 6 rounds I've played. This is not fun or enjoyable... at all. I have lost 30 lbs. over the Winter. I can't find a swing to save my life. The game I love has become something to despise/fear. I'm not sure how much longer I can keep going like this before I just quit. 

Have any of you ever been where I am? What did you do? How did you fix it?

I can relate to how you're feeling right now, I'm going through one of those "down" periods now also. It can be incredibly frustrating when something you should take joy from becomes stressful(?). I had to take 2 months off this year due to an elbow issue, and I just haven't played well since coming back. Today was bout as good a day as I've had since starting to play again, but still frustrating.

Played the front in 40, par on 10, then 4 doubles in a row before finishing the last 4 holes 1 over. Shot 85, with the pattern of just losing my swing at some point in the round then getting it back, but not knowing why, continuing.

Maybe you need to take a break, clear your head, then go hit some balls at the range a few times before going out again. There's nothing wrong with taking time to clear the gremlins out of your head.

Good luck...

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

13 hours ago, downlowkey said:

9 holes and back home before 9am.

Even par round - 3 birdies and a very ugly triple.

Almost bagged my first ace on the 4th hole today. Flat footed 7-iron from 161 ended up about a foot right behind the hole.

Got paired with some old pals from our club MGA group. It was nice catching up and we made plans to play early again Friday morning.

Nice round. I used to run a chapter of the MGA in California, it’s been hibernating since my kids were born. Might be time to reopen it soon. What MGA chapter you play in?

WITB Cobra F9 Speed Back w/Fujikura Atmos x70 black, Cobra 🐍 Fly Z Pro Irons 4-PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60.04L(thanks MGS for the lesson), Ping Ketsch Putter, Ping Pioneer Bag, Tri Swivel II Cart. 

6 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I can relate to how you're feeling right now, I'm going through one of those "down" periods now also. It can be incredibly frustrating when something you should take joy from becomes stressful(?). I had to take 2 months off this year due to an elbow issue, and I just haven't played well since coming back. Today was bout as good a day as I've had since starting to play again, but still frustrating.

Played the front in 40, par on 10, then 4 doubles in a row before finishing the last 4 holes 1 over. Shot 85, with the pattern of just losing my swing at some point in the round then getting it back, but not knowing why, continuing.

Maybe you need to take a break, clear your head, then go hit some balls at the range a few times before going out again. There's nothing wrong with taking time to clear the gremlins out of your head.

Good luck...

This. That was the story of early  last year and really much of the last 3-4 years after losing my swing.

Can I offer an idea to take a lesson from a pro? I took one a few years ago that fixed one or two things, but the one last year was a gamechanger. Finally I started to thwack the ball and be much straighter. It's upped not only my enjoyment of the game but allowed me to play more now that I can get around sooner.

As for my game, I've managed to bang out a bunch of rounds:  92 at my home course including taking an 8 on a par 5 going on almost two weeks ago. Played again during the week and shot a pretty ho hum 45 on the back. Managed to play 18 Saturday and shot 93 on a new course. Had about a 5-6 hole stretch where my body was just physically shot but rallied to hit a birdie on 18. 

This week played two 9's and had a 45 and 47. The 45 finished double triple. The 47 was more of a get out and play without worrying about scoring. It was tough round mainly because of my driver and short game, but I started to play better around the 8th hole. Have two more rounds planned this weekend.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

3 hours ago, sp0rtsfan86 said:

This. That was the story of early  last year and really much of the last 3-4 years after losing my swing.

Can I offer an idea to take a lesson from a pro? I took one a few years ago that fixed one or two things, but the one last year was a gamechanger. Finally I started to thwack the ball and be much straighter. It's upped not only my enjoyment of the game but allowed me to play more now that I can get around sooner.

As for my game, I've managed to bang out a bunch of rounds:  92 at my home course including taking an 8 on a par 5 going on almost two weeks ago. Played again during the week and shot a pretty ho hum 45 on the back. Managed to play 18 Saturday and shot 93 on a new course. Had about a 5-6 hole stretch where my body was just physically shot but rallied to hit a birdie on 18. 

This week played two 9's and had a 45 and 47. The 45 finished double triple. The 47 was more of a get out and play without worrying about scoring. It was tough round mainly because of my driver and short game, but I started to play better around the 8th hole. Have two more rounds planned this weekend.

I appreciate the advice, and the empathy. You mentioned lessons, and I think they're a big part of my "struggles" right now.

Back in November I went to see a very good teacher in my area. When I saw my back swing on video, I'm not going to lie, I was horrified, lol. Way inside, big loop at the top to "correct" that, and then coming into the ball with an open club face. He was amazed though how well I was getting thru the ball with all that going on. Saw him 3x, then went up to Long Island for the Holidays. Couldn't play golf up there because of the weather, but I worked on the drills he gave me. I got back down South early January, and the issue with my elbow flared up very soon after, and I got back to playing about 6 weeks ago. So I really wasn't putting in a lot of range work when I really needed to be doing that.

I think (no, I know) a big issue for me right now is I'm getting lost at the top of my swing, trying to "find?" a proper position. I've lost the flowing feeling of movement you have when playing any sport well. It almost seems like my swing has now fragmented into two entirely separate movements, an unsure back swing, then a turn. I keep waiting to get to the point where muscle memory kicks in. I know/hope I'm on the path to becoming a better player, but right now I'm stuck in the "one step back" part of the "in order to take two steps forward" thing.

I'm not going to lie, It's frustrating, and sometimes I wonder if I'd have been better off just staying with my old, flawed, but consistent swing. My scoring was way better then.

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

10 hours ago, Agent Mike said:

Nice round. I used to run a chapter of the MGA in California, it’s been hibernating since my kids were born. Might be time to reopen it soon. What MGA chapter you play in?

I actually haven’t played in any MGA events at our club (Coal Creek GC - Colorado) the past few Summers.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

I played 9 holes this morning, my first golf since October. This was my first round since shoulder surgery back before Thanksgiving. I limited it to 9 until I see how my shoulder feels tomorrow. I would have been happy to break 50 (I'm a 10), and started with an ugly double off a good drive. Three straight bogeys, but finished with 5 pars for a 41. Extremely happy, and right now I don't need any meds for my shoulder.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

The score didn't indicate that I played any better than I have all year, but my ball striking was very solid.  2 terrible chips and a blowup hole derailed an otherwise good round.  For the first time this season my irons and wedge shots from the fairway felt good.  Also hit what may be the longest drive of my life leaving myself a little 7 iron into a par 5.  Hoping this is a turning point.

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Taylor Made 300 Mini 11.5º w/ Fuji Ventus TR Red

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil

Irons (6-43º): Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277