Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

27 minutes ago, edingc said:

Early nine holes this morning... perhaps a little too early as I forgot my ShotScope at home. Whoops.

- 44 (+8)
- 2/7 FIR
- 3/9 GIR
- 19 Putts (2 3-putts, 6 2-putts, 1 1-putt)
- 1:30 Round Time

Driver - Average, Irons - Poor, Approach - Good, Putting - Poor

Couldn't buy a putt this morning. I missed five putts inside of seven feet, and they weren't even close. Frustrating. Didn't strike my irons well (very thin today), but I was getting around the course well enough to shoot better than 44, the putting just killed me. Oh well, tomorrow is a new round!

Got a chance to try out the new driving iron and it feels very nice. Good results on the hole I purchased it for. 

Took a video on No. 5 today, which was not a pretty bogey. Leaked my drive out behind a tree on the right side, chipped out, chipped up for a legitimate par chance from less than 10 feet and just pushed the push hard right. It's funny to watch myself on video because by this point I was pretty fed up with my putting, having missed a short putt on No. 2 and having three-putted from 12 feet after hitting the green in regulation on No. 3.

The swing is looking good and nice video! @B.Boston I've noticed a tendency of trees is they like to jump on your way, happens to me a lot. Nice recovery there @edingc having a legitimate shot at par from there is something to be proud of. 

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

Who put that tree in front of your nice drive?!

I really like the look of that course. Has a classic country club vibe with all those mature trees lining the fairways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the looks of the trees but they sure are frustrating. They place a premium on driving accuracy, of which I don't have much at the moment.

The course dates back to the 1960s, and at one time was an actual country club. One of the buildings had the old spa and locker room up until recently when the owner converted them to extra storage. The clubhouse still is nearly 100 percent original - a huge wooden bar for drinks and tons of seating since it served a lot of food in its heyday. It was actually designed by a local designer who did a few of the bigger name courses in the area much later in his career.

The current owner bought it a few years ago and has been making a lot of improvements to the course since his purchase. While the trees look great, many were overgrown and choking out greens and tee boxes, so he has done a lot of work to remove and trim, and in my opinion there are still several trees that need to go. I mentioned last week drainage is also an issue, but it has been so much better this year with the additional drain tile laid over the winter. I told the owner Tuesday that it's in the best shape I've ever seen it in. And it is currently still a bargain at $32 for 18 and cart on the weekend (a rate that was actually just raised from $28 at the start of the season because of demand).

40 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

The swing is looking good and nice video! @B.Boston I've noticed a tendency of trees is they like to jump on your way, happens to me a lot. Nice recovery there @edingc having a legitimate shot at par from there is something to be proud of. 

Thanks! Really played the hole the best I could after the drive, the little pitches were pretty much exactly what I wanted, just frustrated with my putting!

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Played Thursday at Antler Creek in Falcon, CO, just to the east of Co Springs. Long a$$ course, over 8000yds from the tips. We played the blues which is 7000 yds. Really too long for me, should have insisted on the whites.

Woke up ready to go, felt good. By the time we reached the course my back tighten up and became tighter as the day went on. That was disappointing, I was looking forward to this round.

Due to limited mobility it became an arm swing day. Short, high slices off the tee. Or a dead pull left. I think I hit 3 fairways and about that many greens. The the long irons and woods had a workout, generally kept me in the game.

43 on the front and 48 on the back.

Shot of the day? 153 out and I thin one to 3.5 feet. And yes I do mean thin! Missed the putt as well :(

IMG_0895_Original.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

5 minutes ago, edingc said:

I love the looks of the trees but they sure are frustrating. They place a premium on driving accuracy, of which I don't have much at the moment.

The course dates back to the 1960s, and at one time was an actual country club. One of the buildings had the old spa and locker room up until recently when the owner converted them to extra storage. The clubhouse still is nearly 100 percent original - a huge wooden bar for drinks and tons of seating since it served a lot of food in its heyday. It was actually designed by a local designer who did a few of the bigger name courses in the area much later in his career.

The current owner bought it a few years ago and has been making a lot of improvements to the course since his purchase. While the trees look great, many were overgrown and choking out greens and tee boxes, so he has done a lot of work to remove and trim, and in my opinion there are still several trees that need to go. I mentioned last week drainage is also an issue, but it has been so much better this year with the additional drain tile laid over the winter. I told the owner Tuesday that it's in the best shape I've ever seen it in. And it is currently still a bargain at $32 for 18 and cart on the weekend (a rate that was actually just raised from $28 at the start of the season because of demand).

Thanks! Really played the hole the best I could after the drive, the little pitches were pretty much exactly what I wanted, just frustrated with my putting!

Wow that’s some awesome history then.  Glad to see the new owner is putting in the cash to make it better without destroying some of that history.  

I’m sorry... did you say $32 on the weekend? With a cart? For 18?  Can you send me the name of a realtor? I’m lucky if I can find a course asking for that for 9 holes on a weekend.  Although at my in-laws family cottage in Maine I can play the local track for about $30 which includes a beer, hotdog, and chips at the turn too. Haha

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

RAINOUT today. First one since the beginning of December.....then I am out the next 2 Saturday’s as we are traveling to Maggie Valley with friends for a week .

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

2 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Who put that tree in front of your nice drive?!

I really like the look of that course. Has a classic country club vibe with all those mature trees lining the fairways.

really nice video I like that full hole experience shot by shot well done.

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

i swear the trees move in my way.....

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Got out for the first time since the disappointment of not being selected for the Cobra challenge. The hangover is real.

Hadn’t hit the sticks in a few weeks because I tweaked my back, and all I have to say is screw Cobra! I was absolutely mashing the ball today.

Great reminder that, while a lot of new clubs look wonderful and you really want them (boy do I still really want them), you’ve got to have a decent swing to make them work. Got some good work in today, swing felt great, no back pain, absolutely loved my woods today, golf life is good!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

Still can’t f$&@ing putt to save my damn life. Missed 6 birdie putts inside of 8 feet today, just about the worst number I could have shot. At some point I will figure this putting crap out, get frustrating.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Another lackluster round of 82.  Started off doubling the first hole.  Highlight of the day was a birdie on a stroke hole that netted me both gross and net skins.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Well game starting to come around slowly, I need to figured out the front 9 struggles.  2nd weekend in the a row that I butcher the Front 9 and then be lights out on the back. Stupid game. Lol

44 / 35 

SmartSelect_20200606-175836_GHIN.jpg

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

Played well yesterday...

C53C8E5C-82BF-4BF4-9B69-B8628FFE808E.jpeg.c0cf81303aa214b0b94fa15d66f88f57.jpeg

Yup, definitely well played

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

15 hours ago, edingc said:

Early nine holes this morning... perhaps a little too early as I forgot my ShotScope at home. Whoops.

- 44 (+8)
- 2/7 FIR
- 3/9 GIR
- 19 Putts (2 3-putts, 6 2-putts, 1 1-putt)
- 1:30 Round Time

Driver - Average, Irons - Poor, Approach - Good, Putting - Poor

Couldn't buy a putt this morning. I missed five putts inside of seven feet, and they weren't even close. Frustrating. Didn't strike my irons well (very thin today), but I was getting around the course well enough to shoot better than 44, the putting just killed me. Oh well, tomorrow is a new round!

Got a chance to try out the new driving iron and it feels very nice. Good results on the hole I purchased it for. 

Took a video on No. 5 today, which was not a pretty bogey. Leaked my drive out behind a tree on the right side, chipped out, chipped up for a legitimate par chance from less than 10 feet and just pushed the putt hard right. It's funny to watch myself on video because by this point I was pretty fed up with my putting, having missed a short putt on No. 2 and having three-putted from 12 feet after hitting the green in regulation on No. 3.

The sound of that driver 😍

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

9 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

RAINOUT DAY 2:

Course is closed as it is unplayable......Lord help me, how will I survive?

How many inches so far for you?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

RAINOUT DAY 2:

Course is closed as it is unplayable......Lord help me, how will I survive?

Same as me, barely survive. It looks like more of the same tomorrow.
I can’t complain about the lawn getting water for a while.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

6/14 Fir

11/18 Gir

32 Putts

Didn’t hit it bad but didn’t get what I should of out of the round. Started great, first hole nice 3/4 PW from 121 out of light rough right over the top of the flag to 7 feet, draino. Made mental mistakes on back to back holes on 6 & 7 costing myself at least 2 strokes. Don’t make a mistake after a mistake, it’s not that hard. Buckled down after and proceeded to hit the next 7 out of 8 greens. Only one I missed was par 5 I was in green side bunker in two and left bunker shot just short of green, easy par though. Hit a lot of good putts but couldn’t get anything to fall. Only birdie during that stretch was on 13 when I knocked 56* to 6”. So just cruising along hitting it well and to the 16th tee. 160 yd par 3 with a pond on the left. I haven’t missed an iron since the 4th hole and I hit a huge WTF shot. No idea where the swing came from. 20 yards short and 30 yards left of the flag. Luckily I hit it so bad it missed the water. All you can do is shake your head. Crazy game. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Played a par 3 course yesterday. Nothing great aside from only 14 putts. I was good with that.

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

3 hours ago, edingc said:

- 42/43 = 85 (+13)
- 5/15 FIR
- 6/18 GIR (1 birdie)
- 35 Putts 🤮 (2 3-putts, 13 2-putts, 3 1-putts)
- 2:30 Round Time

Driver - Good, Irons - Average, Short Game - Average, Putting - Poor

Considering the front nine could only be classified as a gigantic dumpster fire, I'm ecstatic with the score. At some point around No. 7 tee, I cussed myself out a little and finally just willed myself to put better swings on the ball. Had nice drives on No. 7 (hardest hole on the course, which I parred), No. 9 (birdie, missed an eagle from the fairway by inches), No. 10, and then just absolutely nailed three straight on 14-16, including hitting the green on No. 15 which is a 274-yard par 4 that was playing uphill into the wind today. 

Still cannot buy a putt and the combination of poor putting and having tree trouble on nine (!) holes really made it hard to have any chance of scoring well today. I'm getting very good at hitting low stingers from out under the trees, but in almost every case that means I need to play a perfect hole from then on to have a chance at par, and my short game is just not currently up to that challenge.

Since getting to the driving range on May 22 following my lesson earlier in May, I've shot 18-holes scores of 85, 83, 84, 86, 84 and 85. Consistent, but I'll need to see some improvement from my putting if I hope to do anything other than shoot mid-80s.

2:30 is flying around the course!  We’re you alone out there?  

As much as I hate them, you only had 2 3 putts.  Did you feel like you were missing some short ones leading to two putts?  I feel live I’ve been a two putt machine so far this year, but I’ve missed 4 or 5 shorter ones that I thought we’re makable.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

59 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

2:30 is flying around the course!  We’re you alone out there?  

As much as I hate them, you only had 2 3 putts.  Did you feel like you were missing some short ones leading to two putts?  I feel live I’ve been a two putt machine so far this year, but I’ve missed 4 or 5 shorter ones that I thought we’re makable.  

I'm almost always first off so I can set my own pace. 2:30 is moving pretty well for me, I often am about 2:45 when I walk. Aided today by my driver on the back being cooperative. Last week, I did 18 in 2:10, but I was jogging in between shots (had to squeeze in the round before work).

The putting frustrations are a combo of a lot of things right now. I'm just flat out missing reads, which is leaving me longer second putts than I should have. And in the past few rounds nothing in the 4-8 foot range will drop at all.

I'm working on not leaving putts short (my major tendency) but the results have been less than stellar.

The first three-putt was frustrating because that was after driving the green, leaving about 30' for an eagle. Left the putt 5' short, then pushed the second putt just right.

The second one was the result of poor course management on No. 18, which left me a long downhill breaker that I had to navigate.

My chipping/pitching wasn't horrendous today, just getting frustrated because the rest of my game is going well enough to score better at the moment.

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up

Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

4 hours ago, edingc said:

- 42/43 = 85 (+13)
- 5/15 FIR
- 6/18 GIR (1 birdie)
- 35 Putts 🤮 (2 3-putts, 13 2-putts, 3 1-putts)
- 2:30 Round Time

Driver - Good, Irons - Average, Short Game - Average, Putting - Poor

Considering the front nine could only be classified as a gigantic dumpster fire, I'm ecstatic with the score. At some point around No. 7 tee, I cussed myself out a little and finally just willed myself to put better swings on the ball. Had nice drives on No. 7 (hardest hole on the course, which I parred), No. 9 (birdie, missed an eagle from the fairway by inches), No. 10, and then just absolutely nailed three straight on 14-16, including hitting the green on No. 15 which is a 274-yard par 4 that was playing uphill into the wind today. 

Still cannot buy a putt and the combination of poor putting and having tree trouble on nine (!) holes really made it hard to have any chance of scoring well today. I'm getting very good at hitting low stingers from out under the trees, but in almost every case that means I need to play a perfect hole from then on to have a chance at par, and my short game is just not currently up to that challenge.

Since getting to the driving range on May 22 following my lesson earlier in May, I've shot 18-holes scores of 85, 83, 84, 86, 84 and 85. Consistent, but I'll need to see some improvement from my putting if I hope to do anything other than shoot mid-80s.

274 uphill wind Jease that’s a bomb. Glad things turned around for you nice round 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Groundhog Day.... 80 again (42/38). Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I'm almost always first off so I can set my own pace. 2:30 is moving pretty well for me, I often am about 2:45 when I walk. Aided today by my driver on the back being cooperative. Last week, I did 18 in 2:10, but I was jogging in between shots (had to squeeze in the round before work).
The putting frustrations are a combo of a lot of things right now. I'm just flat out missing reads, which is leaving me longer second putts than I should have. And in the past few rounds nothing in the 4-8 foot range will drop at all.
I'm working on not leaving putts short (my major tendency) but the results have been less than stellar.
The first three-putt was frustrating because that was after driving the green, leaving about 30' for an eagle. Left the putt 5' short, then pushed the second putt just right.
The second one was the result of poor course management on No. 18, which left me a long downhill breaker that I had to navigate.
My chipping/pitching wasn't horrendous today, just getting frustrated because the rest of my game is going well enough to score better at the moment.

Well if you got the long game cooperating you should have the rust off the short game in no time. That will leave you with shorter putts too. All in time to get our Cobra gear and need to readjust again haha.

The wedges should be similar enough to what I have, but I’m moving quite a bit in loft from the AP2s. I’m hopeful that I can learn the new yardages quickly. Going to get some simulator-range time once we get that stuff in to get an idea of distance on them then bring a sheet around with that until I have enough data in Arccos to validate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

40/42 and played the last 4 holes of the day at even par. It was a day that the T200's showed up thankfully. 1 fairway hit and 1 putt over 6 foot made for a day of scrambling. The wind was blowing a consistent 15-20 with some big gusts made for a tricky day off the tee.

I'm not sure I like the Nemesys shaft as it really changed the feel of the head even with adjusting the swing weight back to the same. After having a mostly one way miss to the left, my 2-way miss showed up today.

The irons and wedges were on point today and really saved my round.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

35 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

274 uphill wind Jease that’s a bomb. Glad things turned around for you nice round 

Thanks! ShotScope tells me the actual distance was less, but it is only the second time I've ever driven this hole.

Nice to have the driver going toward the end. Hopefully can keep it up!

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

53 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Groundhog Day.... 80 again (42/38). Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Big drop on the back. What is it on the front so you think? Not warmed up? Not in the groove yet?

still he’ll of a round

Check out my reviews:

WITB: