TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

On 6/4/2020 at 9:55 PM, chisag said:

... yesterday I shot my age. 67. SIXTY #$*^&$# SEVEN!

Just catching up on this post, sp lemme add my... YEAH WAY TO GO OOOOOLD 😉 DUDE!!!!

Awesome game and .. as always .. entertaining commentary!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I know it looks funky, but I looked at my Shotscope results from Friday's round......

Round Season
Avg. Par 3 Score 3.25 3.92
Avg. Par 4 Score 4.64 4.9
Avg. Par 5 Score 5.33 5.94
  Round Season
Avg. Score vs Par +9 +16.4
Avg. Putts per Hole 1.72 1.78

Fairways in Reg.  

79%
Round
55%
Season

Season
Greens in Reg.
39%
Round
26%
Up + Down %
38%
Round
31%
Season

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

5 hours ago, Kenny B said:

So does Lexi Thompson.

So do I.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

Got out today for 9 at one of the tougher courses in the state - Purgatory Golf Club.  Played from the Black tees which measure 3625 yards on the front 9.  Overall it was a struggle - especially off the tee.  Had a two way miss going and was lucky to be missing in the right place for the most part.  Just a really odd round of golf and I got away with a 40 that I did not deserve.  Had one birdie, but should have been 2.  Hit a great 7 iron from 175 to 4 feet and missed the putt.   On first hole which is hard dogleg left - instead of a nice fade for me (left handed) I hit a double cross that end on number 2 tee box, luckily it was only 360 yard hole so I had 108 left from "fairway".  That's about how the day went honestly.  Weird round.

Score: 40

Fairways: 2

Greens: 3

Putts: 16

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

2 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Took my 4 & 6 year old for a twilight 9 last night.  They're learning obviously, and I'm always trying to keep it light and fun, so I pop a tee in the ground 100-150 yards out for them and let them have at it.  For these rounds I'll sometimes play the hole, otherwise I just hit wedges and keep an eye on them.  No matter what, I ALWAYS keep an eye on pace of play...we pick up if we're even flirting with not keeping up or slowing anyone behind us.  And, while they're little kids, I put enough emphasis on etiquette to make sure they're not yelling or distracting other players around.

Why do I tell you all this?  Because it was slow last night; my boys and I were waiting on the group in front of us, but apparently the m#$%&f#cker behind us didn't see it that way, because he hit into us...put his approach on the green with me and my two boys standing right there in plain sight!  The ball landed 10 feet from my four year old!

I told the boys to wait in the cart, walked back to him, and can honestly say I kept my cool...I told him we were waiting on the people in front of us, and that however important his schedule and pace of play might be to him it wasn't important enough to risk my kids health and safety.  He apologized and said he never normally hits his 7-wood that far, but even if he wasn't trying to be a d!ck...you never hit your second shot on a par 4 until the green clears, right?  (Unless you're playing out sideways from trouble or something like that of course...)

I would have complained to the clubhouse about him, but I've got a hookup at the course and never get charged to play there (me or the kids), so I didn't want to bring too much attention to us.

Kids didn't seem to care though, my 6 year old got a legit par on a par 3 from the forward tees...he was stoked, and oblivious to the concussion he almost got.

I applaud you for keeping your cool. I "understand" if it's a par 5 and you flush one that you weren't expecting, but no excuse for a par 4. I don't know how I would have reacted if it landed next to my kid, but it probably wouldn't have been pretty. Also its twilight golf, more often than not, courses are packed on the weekend.  

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

I applaud you for keeping your cool. I "understand" if it's a par 5 and you flush one that you weren't expecting, but no excuse for a par 4. I don't know how I would have reacted if it landed next to my kid, but it probably wouldn't have been pretty. Also its twilight golf, more often than not, courses are packed on the weekend.  

Thanks. Every inch of me wanted to wrap my putter around his face, but like I said, one of the pros lets me out for free so I didn’t want to be involved in any kind of altercation that would draw attention.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

67 at 67.. Dagnabbit Chisag, thats just serious business. Bra the VO mate. I can only dream of that .... And whats funny is that I doubt I ever shoot my age cuz well for one, Ill be seventy, and that'll be even odds I'm even alive at that point. and #2, its just hard to do. 

Believe it or not folks, but there is a serious gap between a 0 cap vs a 4 cap. I would hazard there is the same difference between a 4 and a 20 cap. It seems virtually impossible...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Had the most up and down round I've had in a while. Finished with 4 birdies (which never happens, I'm lucky if I have 1 in a round). Also finished with 3 double boges (which doesnt happen often at this course because of the length). Had a lot of trouble finding the fairway but when I did it was par or better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Played two 9 hole rounds. First on Saturday was rough as I didn't get any sleep. I was struggling with the driver and putter which made for a long day. The only saving grace is my short game was solid and saved me a few strokes. Ended up with a 49.

Played the same 9 yesterday in league. Started with a double on hole 2 after  blowing a 3 foot tap in. Followed with a hooked drive, perfect 8 iron over trees around a bunker and 15 footer for a birdie. From there it was either blown putts or missed shots culminating with a 7 on hole 8 after trying a flop and failing. Rallied with a par par finish to end with a 44 which is a classic up and down round. I'm hoping to win a skin on that hole although it's not a tough hole.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Got out and played golf at the Jersey shore for the first time in about 5 years played Cape May National for the first time and a nice layout. Started with two opening bogies and then righted the ship to shoot one over threat of the way. Had a few nice birdie looks that didn’t drop but overall a nice day out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

81 today, couldn't sink a putt. Either pars or doubles, nothing much in between.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I had a pretty good night in league. Driver and irons were very good for me (don't ask about putting). My swing felt very relaxed, yet distances were good. I blame SuperSpeed
615907168_Screenshot_20200609-1930291.jpg.bdc0914fdb09160bc9a199ddb11c31d8.jpg
I had two more drives that were in the 260's, so I was definitely hitting closer to the center of the face today.
Ironically, my opponent made a comment after an awkward swing on the second tee. I intentionally felt like I was adding a Hideki pause at the top and started ripping the ball. I ended up crushing him, so thanks for the tip! 
In reality, I scored decently, but I've never seen him play so bad. He's a 3 for 9 holes and shot a 45.
Fox Den, another favorite!

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

1 hour ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

Fox Den, another favorite!

Take Dead Aim

Agreed! It's a fun course. Our league used to play at Raccoon Hills, but the opportunity came up last year to move to Fox Den for nearly the same price, so we jumped at it.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Agreed! It's a fun course. Our league used to play at Raccoon Hills, but the opportunity came up last year to move to Fox Den for nearly the same price, so we jumped at it.
100x better than Raccoon. Especially now that they fixed the old 5th hole. Dumbest par 5 ever.

For everyone else, reading this: You teed off with a 8 or 9 iron to a corner, then a fairway wood up a hill, then another 9i or wedge into the green. You could try to cut around the corner if you hit a hybrid perfect, but otherwise you were hitting 3.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Didn't have my driver under control last night... had lots of punch outs, but managed to card my best round during league play this year including rolling in a 30 footer for birdie... 1 FW hit and a couple of 3 putts killed what could have been a special round in the rain

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Taylor Made 300 Mini 11.5º w/ Fuji Ventus TR Red

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil

Irons (6-43º): Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

17 minutes ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

For everyone else, reading this: You teed off with a 8 or 9 iron to a corner, then a fairway wood up a hill, then another 9i or wedge into the green. You could try to cut around the corner if you hit a hybrid perfect, but otherwise you were hitting 3.

Google maps still has the old layout

FoxDen.png.d0906d5c2d9b10c1707ff09f22bc562c.png

They added a green just past the bend and made 5 a par 3 and added new tees to turn 6 into a par 5 instead of a par 4.

FoxDenNew.png.4cad806614b3bb1740d77663a48af901.png

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I was supposed to take the weekend off to spend time with my wife, but she said that I should play since this coming weekend is booked with helping a neighbor move (remind me to hide my truck in the future), and then traveling around SE Arizona since we are restricted to a 60 mile travel limit by the installation Commanding General.

Glad I went out to play because it was a good scoring weekend, even with the wind.  We had about 15-25mph winds on Saturday and Sunday.  The winds didn't hit till the back 9 on Saturday since we teed off early, but Sunday was a noon tee time, so we played in the wind all day.  Saturday was good as I had a little bet with a friend.  I birdied #2, and he slam dunked a wedge on #5 for eagle.  We both birdied #6, I birdied #7, he birdied #8, and I birdied #9.  We both shot 32 (-4) and halved the bet.  My buddy had a rough back 9 and shot 37.  I kept it steady and birdied three more holes.  This was the first bogey free round I have had all year, but it was awesome to birdie all four par5s then add a few others for a smooth 65 (-7).  My blind draw partner loved it because he only helped on one hole, shot 77 and made a little money. 

Sunday was good as we played the other course in town and played their mixed tees.  This really shortened the course but gave the shorter hitters a better scoring chance.  Even though the course only plays 6200y from the mixed tees the wind made it play a lot longer on some holes.  I continued to play well and birdied the first two holes (drove the fringe on #1, and hit a SW to 2 feet on #2).  Ended up getting lucky on the #5, a par5, and dropped a bomb from about 60' away (I thought I hit the putt a bit too hard, but the wind slowed it down).  Birdied the par 3 #8 and missed a 10 foot birdie putt on #9 for a 31 (-5).  Then I started to suck on the back 9.  The 10th green is small and tough with a false front on the front right.  The flag was placed right at the transition to the false front.  I was 18 feet for birdie, rolled the putt just across the right edge with enough speed to have the ball stop about 3 inches past the hole if it was on a flat green.  The ball almost ran off the green and gave me a 10 footer back.  Missed that bad boy.  The green really sped up on the back due to drying out from the wind.  Add to it being on the wrong side of the hole and you could not become aggressive on the putts.  Finished with two more bogeys for a 70 (-2).  Disappointing back 9, but the course is really a tale of two 9s.    

2 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Google maps still has the old layout

FoxDen.png.d0906d5c2d9b10c1707ff09f22bc562c.png

They added a green just past the bend and made 5 a par 3 and added new tees to turn 6 into a par 5 instead of a par 4.

FoxDenNew.png.4cad806614b3bb1740d77663a48af901.png

We have a similar par5 here at a course I play.  The tee shot requires a straight shot of about 200y that leave over 340y left or you can hit a high cut out to 270y and still have 270y left.  Nothing quite like hitting a 3 iron or 5w off of a par5. 

PDS.jpg

A friend once told me that if you want to shoot a decent score, you have to keep 6s off your card.  Well, I had 3 today.  One double due to dropping 2nd shot into a pond.  Another double on the back when a wayward tee shot set up a difficult shot that didn't work out and just couldn't seem to get the ball in the hole all day.  No birdies.  41/42 for an 83.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

2 hours ago, Jimbonecrusher said:

We have a similar par5 here at a course I play.  The tee shot requires a straight shot of about 200y that leave over 340y left or you can hit a high cut out to 270y and still have 270y left.  Nothing quite like hitting a 3 iron or 5w off of a par5. 

PDS.jpg

I hate when designers do this. I call them “rinky-dink” holes. If one has to tee off on a par 5 with an iron, that’s ridiculous.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

32 minutes ago, CarlH said:

A friend once told me that if you want to shoot a decent score, you have to keep 6s off your card.  Well, I had 3 today.  One double due to dropping 2nd shot into a pond.  Another double on the back when a wayward tee shot set up a difficult shot that didn't work out and just couldn't seem to get the ball in the hole all day.  No birdies.  41/42 for an 83.

I know the feeling all too well.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond