TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played AC Country Club today and what a fun and quirky old golf course. Haven’t played it in close to 10 years and forgot just how fun this place is. The round starts with the first tee on the far edge of the putting green. Great little par 70 layout with 6 par 3’s and a bunch of long par 4’s and par 5’s. Shot a decent 74 with some shots that I would like to have back but looking forward to playing it again next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

58 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I hate when designers do this. I call them “rinky-dink” holes. If one has to tee off on a par 5 with an iron, that’s ridiculous.

Par 5 3rd. 476 yards. 220 straight over the top of a tree, there are about 3 people at our club that can do this and one is left handed. Everyone else has to hit in the 175-190 range away from tree or hope to punch under it. Green is double decked and probably about 15 yards wide. One of the hardest shortest par 5's I have played.

And the best part that's from the whites from the blues because of the tee box orientation and overgrowth of trees it usually 6 iron for me. 

So short tees I hit 5w. Back tees I hit 6 iron. 

Capture.JPG.584225291d9de90bf5915f72300499f5.JPG

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Played an early 9 and for a change it wasn’t 4 over, it was 5 over. Courses have been sloppy and hot and humid so ball not traveling and no roll. It was a happy 41.
Monday & Tuesday 9’s about the same. I don’t like the sloppy w Heat & Humidity, one or the other I can deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

It was 45 degrees, overcast and breezy teeing off at 7:30 this morning. Our threesome was first out and we had a very solid group today.

Had trouble getting the body moving in the cold and managed to pump 2 tee shots dead right into the trash on the second hole. Barely kept the third ball in play, scraped a 7-iron just short of the green and chipped in for triple... neato. Added one more bogey on the 6th after another ill-timed shove off the tee.

Finally made a move that resembled my golf swing on the Par-3 7th and things improved from there. Birdied the 8th after knocking an 8-iron stiff, chipped in again from ~20 feet on the 9th and added another great birdie on the 10th to bag the Turkey. Easy up & downs for birdie on each Par-5 on the back and I was back to (-1) for the day thru 17. 12-footer for par on 18 just fell in the front edge to stay in the red. You know what that means... first celebratory ritual of the season for me!

A41157C4-3F2A-46DC-9A39-A489E417FEC2.jpeg.b8e751bc54ac657c44db7dd437f859be.jpeg

Thoughts for the day: My driver still needs a ton of work. The Nike Method Concept C1 is definitely staying in the bag for now (24 putts today), only left one putt short all day. (-5) over the final 12 holes showed some really nice grit after the balky start. It’s a treat getting in a full loop and back home for work by 10:30am.

Nat Sherman’s! Haven’t seen them in a while, good smoke

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Par 5 3rd. 476 yards. 220 straight over the top of a tree, there are about 3 people at our club that can do this and one is left handed. Everyone else has to hit in the 175-190 range away from tree or hope to punch under it. Green is double decked and probably about 15 yards wide. One of the hardest shortest par 5's I have played.
And the best part that's from the whites from the blues because of the tee box orientation and overgrowth of trees it usually 6 iron for me. 
So short tees I hit 5w. Back tees I hit 6 iron. 
Capture.JPG.584225291d9de90bf5915f72300499f5.JPG

Such bad design. Frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 hour ago, silver & black said:

As bad as the last 4 weeks have been... I shot 38 in league tonight. I'll take a 3 in front of my score any time! Hopefully it continues.

Great job!!  Keep positive and it will.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Last night was men's night.  Shot awful except for one hole.  Made a birdie and walked away with a gross skin for $$ payout.  Just goes to show, in skins games, it only takes one good hole.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

19 hours ago, downlowkey said:

It was 45 degrees, overcast and breezy teeing off at 7:30 this morning. Our threesome was first out and we had a very solid group today.

Had trouble getting the body moving in the cold and managed to pump 2 tee shots dead right into the trash on the second hole. Barely kept the third ball in play, scraped a 7-iron just short of the green and chipped in for triple... neato. Added one more bogey on the 6th after another ill-timed shove off the tee.

Finally made a move that resembled my golf swing on the Par-3 7th and things improved from there. Birdied the 8th after knocking an 8-iron stiff, chipped in again from ~20 feet on the 9th and added another great birdie on the 10th to bag the Turkey. Easy up & downs for birdie on each Par-5 on the back and I was back to (-1) for the day thru 17. 12-footer for par on 18 just fell in the front edge to stay in the red. You know what that means... first celebratory ritual of the season for me!

A41157C4-3F2A-46DC-9A39-A489E417FEC2.jpeg.b8e751bc54ac657c44db7dd437f859be.jpeg

Thoughts for the day: My driver still needs a ton of work. The Nike Method Concept C1 is definitely staying in the bag for now (24 putts today), only left one putt short all day. (-5) over the final 12 holes showed some really nice grit after the balky start. It’s a treat getting in a full loop and back home for work by 10:30am.

I tested a Nike Method B1 about 5-6 years ago and that putter was serious money, and looked just like a bat mobile too- great putter... 

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

4 hours ago, yungkory said:

We didn't finish 18 in time because the course was crowded and playing slow, but...

7F68A313-41A0-480B-9EFC-9778FCC48B59.jpeg.94ef07d07ab077e6c82a415694393bb2.jpeg

I got to ride this and it was so fun I don't even care that we didn't finish the round! Also that new Nike bag is sexy.

Did the course offer those to ride as an upcharge or how did that work? Could you ride it out on the fairway?

Looks like an awesome time.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

7 hours ago, yungkory said:

We didn't finish 18 in time because the course was crowded and playing slow, but...

I got to ride this and it was so fun I don't even care that we didn't finish the round! Also that new Nike bag is sexy.

Needs ape hangers.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

7 hours ago, yungkory said:

Is that your bag, or did they make you switch over to a bag that was fitted for the cart.   I have ridden the Finn and Phat scooters at the PGA Show, they are definitely a blast.

2 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Did the course offer those to ride as an upcharge or how did that work? Could you ride it out on the fairway?

Most courses are charging an upcharge of $20 over the normal round price to rent them.   It may vary from location to location obviosuly, but they have to be paid for somehow 🙂

Most courses that have them, just follow the normal cart rules.  As long as it's not a CPO day, you can take them anywhere in the fairway you would normally go. 

Just don't try to go Evil Knievel and jump over the bunkers 🙂

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Those would be fantastic as an option in my area, but I haven’t seen them anywhere. Probably banned in California due to potential lawsuits when some crusty old man (me) falls over and crashes and breaks his (my) hip...

looks like a blast...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Nice walk this morning - gorgeous weather and managed to get in a full loop.

We were second group out at 7:10am and had a full foursome, so I joined the fellas on the middle tees to keep things easy. The swing was under control from the start and I hit a whole bunch of good shots. My playing partners peeled off at the turn and I moved back to the tips for a quick inward half.

Had a mess of ~15 footers slide by on the high side and didn’t make a single birdie. It was just one of those days where the swing felt great but the score didn’t match. Had a 10 footer for birdie on the 220yd 16th that went all the way around and sat on the edge. A little bummed that I didn’t get to cross that one off the MGS birdie/eagle every hole challenge.

13/14 FWY, 13/18 GIR, 32 PUTTS (+3)

Thoughts for the day: My game feels close. I’m planning to grind at the short game complex all weekend and try to post some low numbers next week. My girlfriend enjoyed walking the course so much last night that she decided to push my cart for the whole round again today. Halfway thru the back 9 she asked me how much caddies get paid and if we had any more PB&J sammies in the bag. I need to start packing plenty of snacks to keep her happy, because being able to just stroll around the course is the best thing ever and I cannot afford to have her find out how much cash she should be making as my looper.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

6 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

The GM let me ride it no charge cuz I fixed his Zoom issues the other day haha. Normally it's an additional $20 like CG2 mentioned

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Is that your bag, or did they make you switch over to a bag that was fitted for the cart.   I have ridden the Finn and Phat scooters at the PGA Show, they are definitely a blast.

Most courses are charging an upcharge of $20 over the normal round price to rent them.   It may vary from location to location obviosuly, but they have to be paid for somehow 🙂

Most courses that have them, just follow the normal cart rules.  As long as it's not a CPO day, you can take them anywhere in the fairway you would normally go. 

Just don't try to go Evil Knievel and jump over the bunkers 🙂

It's my new Nike Air Sport 😎

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

2 hours ago, yungkory said:

The GM let me ride it no charge cuz I fixed his Zoom issues the other day haha. Normally it's an additional $20 like CG2 mentioned

It's my new Nike Air Sport 😎

Ok, cool looking bag. I was hoping they let you use your own bag and didnt' make you switch out to one they had purchased with the scooters.

@yungkory I know all the fun aspects of the scooter.  But having played 18 holes with it, was there anything about it you didn't like or was an inconvenience. 

Played Timber Creek Golf Club yesterday, weather was great just a little hot but this is June in Houston. My Arccos putter sensor is not working for some reason so Arccos with not detect shots without putter sensor working so I have no tracking data for this round. Drove the ball great, approaches were good but I didn't adjust to the firm greens and I missed long all day. Short game was pretty sharp but my putting was mediocre because the greens are not very good right now ( fast and bumpy ) made for a long day on the greens. 46 , 45 made for an unspectacular round of 91. But my new swing felt very natural this week so I must have some muscle memory!

I am scheduled for Sunday to be fit for the Cobra Speedzone clubs for CCC4, I'll let you know how that goes.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

@yungkory I know all the fun aspects of the scooter.  But having played 18 holes with it, was there anything about it you didn't like or was an inconvenience. 

Some type of basket or storage would be nice. Couldn't really find a good place for a wet towel so I had to stuff it into the cup holder. Also, and very obviously, it sucks when there's rain 😆. Luckily, it was only the usual annoying Hawaii misty rain. If it were really coming down, and you had an umbrella on your bag, there wouldn't really be a place to put the wet umbrella -- so a basket would've been handy to stick it through between passing showers (I didn't have an umbrella or need one, but just thinking out loud here).

This isn't a knock on the Finn at all, but with that misty rain came humidity, and GNATS. Felt like a blue whale swimming through a cloud of plankton a couple of times 😬🦋. It was a blast to ride and I would do it again 11 times out of 10.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Absolute dog crap today! First round of my first tournament I shot a friggin 96. I haven't shot a round above 89 this year. I could blame nerves I could blame the pouring rain but those are poor excuses I just played terrible. I had a few good shot but I played ARMY GOLF (left, right, left, right) I just couldn't find my groove. I'm going back out for another 18 at 5pm to redeem myself and I will be drinking this time.... plenty of tequilas will fix my sorrows. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

51 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Today was a BEAUTIFUL day in North Conway. Round was food 43/43. Front 9 was a scramble with terrible tee shots. Made some fantastic <60 yard shots and putting was on point

On the back the driver started behaving and had some 270 pokes and gave myself several birdie chances but didn’t chirp. Plenty of pars though.

I could have shot 100 the view is still worth it

4E65B906-EEB7-4697-B2E9-E91168A04322.jpeg

AB24A02E-8676-4ABF-BF8A-B79398AF4C61.jpeg

D2FEE9FC-3737-4692-86F3-44390A54A17C.jpeg

5AC09ADA-9E5C-499E-90DA-0F48BB450CFC.jpeg

5D4B73C5-7A85-460A-BF6A-368D03655498.jpeg

28D6845B-7983-44AA-9ADF-F23CF15F06A2.jpeg

20D47114-B8EE-4C82-956B-744AFE3A205F.jpeg

B06838DF-ED5A-44F5-AA00-679FE215EBC6.jpeg

FC9A6CF1-B4E0-4E97-8885-2D31DF18DFDB.jpeg

1620162B-475F-4CC7-ADA3-19B0B63720CA.png

CF535128-B2F4-4C27-B53D-3489E7716C1C.jpeg

608F2CA5-865B-4DBB-BCE2-A8DCDE51E61B.png

Great pics!  Looks like a lot of fun!