Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

I'm getting tired of posting poor play.  43/42 for an 85 today.  Just mental errors and a bad shot here and there and next thing you know you're not scoring.  On the plus side, my handicap is rising with every post, so I'll soon be shooting my handicap (but only because it's going up to meet my poor play rather than improved play coming down to the handicap)

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

9 minutes ago, CarlH said:

I'm getting tired of posting poor play.  43/42 for an 85 today.  Just mental errors and a bad shot here and there and next thing you know you're not scoring.  On the plus side, my handicap is rising with every post, so I'll soon be shooting my handicap (but only because it's going up to meet my poor play rather than improved play coming down to the handicap)

You need a road trip to turn things around 😉.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

You need a road trip to turn things around 😉.

Yes, unfortunately the PNW one in the works doesn't fit into my itinerary now.  Have a road trip planned, but it doesn't include golf.  😄

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

Well, we played in the rain for 9 holes then the Sun came out.

Shot a 46/47:93 with 1 penalty and 5 one to two inch putts!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

3 hours ago, dlow206 said:

My wedge was turned it and it is back in my possession, i am relieved.

That's good!!  I just left a wedge on a green a couple of weeks ago, first and hopefully last time I've done that. Thankfully the two guys behind me picked it up and drove it up to me on the green on the following hole.

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Had my worst 9 in a while today. Waiting nearly 10 minutes on every tee starting on the hole 6 was the death of me. Was +1 up until that point, dialing in the new driver shaft and putter. Then shot +4 on the final four holes. I can't stand sitting and waiting!

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter: L.A.B. DF3 34"/67°
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

16 hours ago, dlow206 said:

My wedge was turned it and it is back in my possession, i am relieved.

... After making 2 posts about a$$holes stealing club/rangefinder left behind, I should add that has been by far the exemption. I have probably found 50 clubs in my golfing life and of course it never occurred to me to keep any of them. Same with players I have been paired up with. Either turning them in or having the player come back and get it or them going back and the group behind having their club for them. It just really stands out when someone steals another players club. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

1 hour ago, TR1PTIK said:

Had the pleasure of teeing it up with fellow spy @MrBandit for the first time this weekend. We played Indian Creek Golf Club's Creek course (another first for me) with two of his buddies. It was a fun day and despite a few untimely misses plus a shaky putter to start, I left the course feeling like I struck gold. 🙂

As mentioned the round didn't start very well. I tripled the first hole after missing the fairway, and missing the green (multiple times) before finally wrapping it up with a two-putt. I bounced back on the second hole with a striped drive that unfortunately went through the fairway and into a bunker. I got out just fine though and barely missed the green on the right side - hit a good chip down a left-breaking slope to about 8" for a gimme par... I played the next three holes bogey, bogey, par, then put two balls into the water after another solid drive on #6. 😕 From there, I went double, bogey, double to finish the front at +14.

The back nine is where I really picked things up. It started with my longest drive of the day to the middle of the fairway on 10, a GIR, and an easy two-putt for par. I made par on #11 and #12 as well before recording three consecutive bogeys. At that point I challenged myself to finish strong and par the remaining three holes which I might have done if not for a water ball on the closing hole. #18 at this course is mildly diabolical and requires an accurate tee shot to an island fairway, followed by another water carry to the green. I really tried to give myself a chance by opting for hybrid off the tee, but found the water left. After taking my drop, I bunted a 3-wood through the back of the green and chipped on to close out with another two-putt and a double bogey. I played the back at +5.

Time will tell, but I'm hopeful I've finally rediscovered the game I lost shortly after moving to Texas and cutting back on golf a little bit. 😁

Yeah, had fun playing with @TR1PTIK  , haven't played the Indian Creek (Creeks Course) in 5 years and it was in fantastic shape.  You did come on the back 9 and played well, I had a good start even par thru 7 holes then it went down from there.

Look forward to next round.

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

On 6/13/2020 at 1:41 PM, Jmikecpa said:

I seriously just can’t putt.

Take a look at Blast Motion golf for practice. Got one as a Christmas present and used it a bunch over the Winter, and while I barely scratched the surface of all the features packaged into the app (eg. short vid tips for all different kinds of drills), using it definitely helped me with my putting .. working on things like backswing time (mine was too quick), face rotation (measures back and forward), overall tempo (you can set target zones), etc etc.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

5 minutes ago, chisag said:

... After making 2 posts about a$$holes stealing club/rangefinder left behind, I should add that has been by far the exemption. I have probably found 50 clubs in my golfing life and of course it never occurred to me to keep any of them. Same with players I have been paired up with. Either turning them in or having the player come back and get it or them going back and the group behind having their club for them. It just really stands out when someone steals another players club. 

Honestly, it’s something I’ve never understood as well.  The lost club on the course is clearly someone’s but as you and @PMookie have shared before, guys walking off with putters and Bushnells is crap. 

This doesn’t belong to you, go return it. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Honestly, it’s something I’ve never understood as well.  The lost club on the course is clearly someone’s but as you and [mention=2567]PMookie[/mention] have shared before, guys walking off with putters and Bushnells is crap. 

Amen, don’t understand keeping someone’s equipment found on the course. Our groups over the years have found many different items and I never saw anyone try to keep the items found. We give them to the Rangers or Starter Shacks or Pro Shop.
The last wedge found a couple months ago we drove up to the group in front of us to return it. Had to be theirs as they were 1st group out.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

28 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Honestly, it’s something I’ve never understood as well.  The lost club on the course is clearly someone’s but as you and @PMookie have shared before, guys walking off with putters and Bushnells is crap. 

I found someone's 6-iron a couple weeks ago (a Rogue or Rogue Pro - never really took a good look at it). Kept it in my bag for at least three holes until I caught the group in front of me to ask them about it. If it wasn't theirs then it would have gone to the pro shop on my way to #10. It isn't something difficult to do, but some people just deserve triple bogey on every hole...

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Still can't put a full round together so far in 2020 (not counting my previous post about my round at Las Positas. I have come to the conclusion that that round was a fluke, likely caused by the raised cups giving me too many "easy" putts)...

Went out and Played Coyote Creek Golf Course - Tournament side yesterday from the Black Tees (74.8/143 @ 7027 yards). Ended up also being about a 2 club wind all day. Ideally I like to show up an hour before my round to get warmed up and hit some putts, but I woke up a bit late and only had about 20 mins prior to tee time to loosen up a bit. I also made the decision to officially bench my 3 wood for the round to test how I would play using my old 2i instead (this probably cost me a few shots):

1st hole (driver puts you in a ravine): Chunked the 2i off the tee, but still went about 220 leaving me 205 to the flag. Downwind I tried my 5i but came up short. My 3 wood probably would have been another 30-40 yards closer making the approach much easier. 

6th hole: 2i off the tee. Hit solid, but came off a bit low and with a slight hook. Which would have been fine for the shape of the hole, if it were not for the 1 tree on that side. Which it caught the top of and dropped straight down after about 200yards...Leaving me another 220 over a barranca, slightly uphill with 1 foot in loose tanbark. As the score card shows, this did not work out. 

11th Hole: Normally a try and drive the green hole, but with the wind there was no chance. So I figured I'll play it safe. Hit the 2i off the tee. Hooked it left into the rough. As the hole is a sharp dogleg right, this left me about 40 yards longer than it should have, and was stuck with a steep uphill slightly side hill lie. Did not compensate enough and pulled my approach left of the green into a trap. 

12th Hole: Down wind par 5 (585 yards) Hit driver off the tee but pulled it a little. Ended up just left of the cart path with an OK, but not perfect lie. had about 260 to the flag (and over another barranca, but it was only about 150 to carry it so wasn't too concerned). If I had my 3 wood in the bag, I would have opted to just lay up with a 6i and wedge it in to the green. But with the 2i, I though I might be able to clip it enough and with the wind, possibly roll it up on the green. Sat there and waited for the green to clear, then chunked it into said barranca that I wasn't thinking about...Another lost couple of shots... 

So thats about 6 shots I think the 2i cost me during the round. I did hit it 2 other times that ended up just fine. Hit a 190, out of the rough, uphill into the wind layup on 3. And a 245 yard tee shot to the fairway on 15. I think the 2i experiment failed though and will be putting the 3 wood back into play next weekend when I play Poppy Hills in Monterey. 

Other than those shots, and a frustrating Shank/Lost ball on 5 I played pretty well. Definitely finished strong by playing the last 6 holes in 1 under with lots of clutch putts (THANK YOU Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter!!! 2nd round with this thing and I am loving it so far --- 26 PUTTS!!! )

Finally Tally: 83 with 26 putts. With a beautiful and fun Day! 

(Course photo is taken from the 5th tee box, but shows the aforementioned tree I clipped on hole 6 tee shot)

IMG_4459.jpg

IMG_4452.jpg

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

3 hours ago, chisag said:

Right there with ya on that one!  I find clubs on the green all the time.  I toss them in the back of the cart and wait for the previous player to come back for it (sometimes, I'll even drive up to them when it's slow play).  If they don't come searching, I drop it off at the pro shop (or give it to a marshall, if one is out and about).

54 minutes ago, The 19th Hole said:

Still can't put a full round together so far in 2020 (not counting my previous post about my round at Las Positas. I have come to the conclusion that that round was a fluke, likely caused by the raised cups giving me too many "easy" putts)...

Went out and Played Coyote Creek Golf Course - Tournament side yesterday from the Black Tees (74.8/143 @ 7027 yards). Ended up also being about a 2 club wind all day. Ideally I like to show up an hour before my round to get warmed up and hit some putts, but I woke up a bit late and only had about 20 mins prior to tee time to loosen up a bit. I also made the decision to officially bench my 3 wood for the round to test how I would play using my old 2i instead (this probably cost me a few shots):

1st hole (driver puts you in a ravine): Chunked the 2i off the tee, but still went about 220 leaving me 205 to the flag. Downwind I tried my 5i but came up short. My 3 wood probably would have been another 30-40 yards closer making the approach much easier. 

6th hole: 2i off the tee. Hit solid, but came off a bit low and with a slight hook. Which would have been fine for the shape of the hole, if it were not for the 1 tree on that side. Which it caught the top of and dropped straight down after about 200yards...Leaving me another 220 over a barranca, slightly uphill with 1 foot in loose tanbark. As the score card shows, this did not work out. 

11th Hole: Normally a try and drive the green hole, but with the wind there was no chance. So I figured I'll play it safe. Hit the 2i off the tee. Hooked it left into the rough. As the hole is a sharp dogleg right, this left me about 40 yards longer than it should have, and was stuck with a steep uphill slightly side hill lie. Did not compensate enough and pulled my approach left of the green into a trap. 

12th Hole: Down wind par 5 (585 yards) Hit driver off the tee but pulled it a little. Ended up just left of the cart path with an OK, but not perfect lie. had about 260 to the flag (and over another barranca, but it was only about 150 to carry it so wasn't too concerned). If I had my 3 wood in the bag, I would have opted to just lay up with a 6i and wedge it in to the green. But with the 2i, I though I might be able to clip it enough and with the wind, possibly roll it up on the green. Sat there and waited for the green to clear, then chunked it into said barranca that I wasn't thinking about...Another lost couple of shots... 

So thats about 6 shots I think the 2i cost me during the round. I did hit it 2 other times that ended up just fine. Hit a 190, out of the rough, uphill into the wind layup on 3. And a 245 yard tee shot to the fairway on 15. I think the 2i experiment failed though and will be putting the 3 wood back into play next weekend when I play Poppy Hills in Monterey. 

Other than those shots, and a frustrating Shank/Lost ball on 5 I played pretty well. Definitely finished strong by playing the last 6 holes in 1 under with lots of clutch putts (THANK YOU Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter!!! 2nd round with this thing and I am loving it so far --- 26 PUTTS!!! )

Finally Tally: 83 with 26 putts. With a beautiful and fun Day! 

(Course photo is taken from the 5th tee box, but shows the aforementioned tree I clipped on hole 6 tee shot)

IMG_4459.jpg

IMG_4452.jpg

Looks like an awesome course. Nice final 6 holes. I might have missed in another post where you talk about your 3 wood, but why'd you decide to bench it? 

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

8 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Looks like an awesome course. Nice final 6 holes. I might have missed in another post where you talk about your 3 wood, but why'd you decide to bench it? 

The 3 wood itself has no real issue other than the gap it creates between it and my 3i. I happen to still have my old 2i from the Henry Griffith Blades I played back in the early 2000's and used to hit it pretty consistently in the 250 yard range. My 3 wood can technically go farther than that, but in most cases 250 is enough. The benefit of the iron over the wood (or the thought was) that I can more easily play knockdown shots (to better fill that gap - my 3i typically goes about 205-210, but can push it to 220 off the deck, or  230 off a tee if I need to) and shape the ball relative to what I can do with the wood. Also the ability to play out of the rough I find better with the iron. I also own a Mizuno Hybrid that I used to use for the same reason, but have outgrown the shaft on there and now constantly hook it. (interested in that anti hook hybrid being announced by Tour Edge for just this purpose). The round I played yesterday was just a fun round with no real consequence other than my pride AND is a course I knew I would need about that distance on a few times so I figured it would be a good day to test the theory.

My guess is that this shaft doesn't quite match my other clubs and that is what causes the inconsistency. I half consider getting it re-shafted to match my current irons and then re-testing the idea. That is if I don't go out and get that hybrid. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Shot great +1 today,  but from white tees... 3 wood was great oddly...

also oddly with the recent posting, I found a PW on 18 and turned it in. It was a “confidence” brand... never heard of em...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

79 (40/39). Should’ve been better, but I had the two-way miss off the tee again for about 6 straight holes, and my brain is thinking MANY thoughts at address as a result. I’m finding that this new Rombax shaft I have in my hybrid is treating me quite well. I’m probably hitting the hybrid a little too far off the tee for the gap it’s supposed to be filling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

We went out today at Maggie Valley but on the 4th hole the horn was sounded to end play. They said they did not want to damage the greens. Although the rain had stopped. I had a bogey on the first hole, then two pars and my approach shot on the 4th hole(par 5) was just 6’ from the pin. Making it would put me at even par.....alas, the rain stopped us. There is always tomorrow....

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

7 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

I found someone's 6-iron a couple weeks ago (a Rogue or Rogue Pro - never really took a good look at it). Kept it in my bag for at least three holes until I caught the group in front of me to ask them about it. If it wasn't theirs then it would have gone to the pro shop on my way to #10. It isn't something difficult to do, but some people just deserve triple bogey on every hole...

I found a gap wedge on the back of #16 on Saturday; put it in my bag.  We played #17, then as we got the tee box on #18, here came a cart down the fairway towards us. I pulled the wedge out of my bag before he got to us.  He said "Thanks, so embarrassing."

Many years ago I left my 60º at my course, and no one turned it in.  Checked every day for a week.  One day I was playing with a guy I had seen occasionally at the course, even played with him a couple of times, when on the same hole where I had lost my 60º, he noticed my SW I was playing and he said he found a 60º that looked just like it the last time he played here. Pulled it out of his bag.  It was mine.  He had forgotten to turn it in and hadn't played since then.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

5 hours ago, CarlH said:

Right there with ya on that one!  I find clubs on the green all the time.  I toss them in the back of the cart and wait for the previous player to come back for it (sometimes, I'll even drive up to them when it's slow play).  If they don't come searching, I drop it off at the pro shop (or give it to a marshall, if one is out and about).

I don't care if I am on the other side of the green from my cart, any club other than my putter is ALWAYS placed between the hole and my cart when I am done using it.  That way I have to walk over it to get to the cart.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

5 hours ago, downlowkey said:

Beautiful walk this morning. First group out at 7:30am and played with a couple good buddies.

Swing felt good from the start and got it to (-3) thru the first 6 holes. Missed a 4-footer for par on the 8th after a stellar flop shot and turned at (-2).

Added good birdies on 10 & 11. Got a little too cute with the tee shot on the Par-5 13th, found the creek and made a very disappointing bogey. Lost 2 more shots on the tough 15th trying to avoid the mowing crew in the fairway with my tee ball and then compounding errors. Bounced back with a great birdie on the 220yd 16th and closed with a 40 foot birdie bomb on the 18th.

11/14 FWY, 14/18 GIR, 26 PUTTS (-3)

Thoughts for the day: Taking the weekend off from my Ranger Rick practice routine was much needed and I felt a lot fresher rolling out of bed this morning. My swing was totally under control and I had no issue working it both ways today. With better decision making on a couple holes it had the makings of a low round but I’m very happy with my game overall right now. My girlfriend also insisted on joining us and pushed my cart the whole day. Celebrating with a Nat Sherman in the shade after the round, it occurred to me that I’m about the luckiest guy I know. 

I have GOT to get a callous on my right big toe.  🤣

Hey!  What's with the first group out at 7:30am??  I had a 7:30am tee time on Sunday and as I was driving up to the clubhouse at 6:45am, I saw a group on #15.