TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

I see, I wasn’t aware you were also a stalker...

Only in my spare time
I hate autocorrect

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, MrBandit said:

That's too bad. You was hitting the ball well last week on the back 9..but this is why we are not professionals. 

What's crazy is I was hitting it on the range every bit as good if not better than I was last week and it literally disappeared in the time it took me to get to #1 tee box. ??? I still hit some quality shots and made some pars, but my misses were just too great. Maybe I'll hit the range or try to play another round before the weekend is up so I can try to figure out what's going on. I also wonder if it could be as simple as the shoes I was wearing yesterday (FJ Freestyle) vs. last week (Adidas Tour 360 Boost 2.0). I lost my balance on several shots as my left foot tended to roll to the outside a lot more.

I've not payed much attention to shoes in the past, but I've started to lately and there are definitely some shoes in my closet that just don't work for me - I've already retired a near new pair of FJ GreenJoy Spikeless (any takers?). Perhaps an experiment is in order.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

On 6/16/2020 at 11:21 AM, edingc said:

It's so weird to be striking the ball so well (for me) and just scoring poorly. Compared to last year (pre-lessons), I'm playing so much more consistent and feel like I'm actually in control of the golf ball. I just have had these weird stretches of really poor putting combined with a few bad holes to really blow up some scores.

Wow, "it's so weird" 😉, but I could've written those exact same things about my golf game now..!!
(..are you my long lost twin brother? ..ha ha ha ha...)

Trying to hit the shots that I can to what I think are safe targets, but keep making too many seemingly simple mistakes. Well, heck, it's a work-in-progress!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

... I hear a lot of members call themselves "bad golfers". As opposed to having a bad round which is relative because one golfers awful score of 89 is another golfers personal best. Take a look at where you stand compared to other golfers:

"According to data from the National Golf Foundation, only 26 percent of all golfers shoot below 90 consistently on regulation 18-hole courses; 45 percent of all golfers average more than 100 strokes per round. A player who shoots 85 is doing better than nearly three out of four of his golfing peers--a good score.

Only about 2 percent of all golfers ever break 80, which generally is considered the Holy Grail of scoring. To legitimately break 80 -- no improved lies; no 3-foot gimmes; no free drop from out of bounds -- is to breathe the rarefied air of good, if not great golf.

Scoring under 70. 0.92% of golfers have a handicap of +1 or better. Using the +1 handicap is probably the best estimate we can get to the percentage of golfers than are breaking par regularly."

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

3 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

What's crazy is I was hitting it on the range every bit as good if not better than I was last week and it literally disappeared in the time it took me to get to #1 tee box. ??? I still hit some quality shots and made some pars, but my misses were just too great. Maybe I'll hit the range or try to play another round before the weekend is up so I can try to figure out what's going on.

... Not unusual at all. You probably know this but I had to remind my students all the time that the range is the range and very different than a golf course. To equate it to my profession, you can rehearse your lines in the comfort of your home and have them down perfectly. But when they call you in the room and Christopher Nolan is sitting there and doesn't speak a word along with a producer and the casting director, when they turn on the camera and the casting director says "whenever you are ready" and you know you only have ONE shot at it. It is nothing like rehearsing at home because you know if you screw up, you just start over. Screw up the audition and hear "Thanks for coming in. NEXT!" Same thing for the range. There is a freedom to your swing because you know it doesn't count. If you hit a 40 yard slice or hook, you just tee up another ball. Standing on the first tee, not only does your first swing count, it can define your confidence for the rest of the round. Start with a great shot and a par/birdie or a bad shot and a bogie right out of the gate can make a pretty big difference. In the words of Sheryl Crow:

No one said it would be easy 
But no one said it'd be this hard. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

21 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

Check out Mansion Ridge up that way, one of the best in the area and my go to the last few years in my home away from home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll look into that one next time I'm up that way, thanks. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

... Not unusual at all. You probably know this but I had to remind my students all the time that the range is the range and very different than a golf course. To equate it to my profession, you can rehearse your lines in the comfort of your home and have them down perfectly. But when they call you in the room and Christopher Nolan is sitting there and doesn't speak a word along with a producer and the casting director, when they turn on the camera and the casting director says "whenever you are ready" and you know you only have ONE shot at it. It is nothing like rehearsing at home because you know if you screw up, you just start over. Screw up the audition and hear "Thanks for coming in. NEXT!" Same thing for the range. There is a freedom to your swing because you know it doesn't count. If you hit a 40 yard slice or hook, you just tee up another ball. Standing on the first tee, not only does your first swing count, it can define your confidence for the rest of the round. Start with a great shot and a birdie or a bad shot and a bogie right out of thee gate can make a pretty big difference. In the words of Sheryl Crow:

No one said it would be easy 
But no one said it'd be this hard. 

Well put. I applaud your response.

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

... I hear a lot of members call themselves "bad golfers". As opposed to having a bad round which is relative because one golfers awful score of 89 is another golfers personal best. Take a look at where you stand compared to other golfers:

"According to data from the National Golf Foundation, only 26 percent of all golfers shoot below 90 consistently on regulation 18-hole courses; 45 percent of all golfers average more than 100 strokes per round. A player who shoots 85 is doing better than nearly three out of four of his golfing peers--a good score.

Only about 2 percent of all golfers ever break 80, which generally is considered the Holy Grail of scoring. To legitimately break 80 -- no improved lies; no 3-foot gimmes; no free drop from out of bounds -- is to breathe the rarefied air of good, if not great golf.

Scoring under 70. 0.92% of golfers have a handicap of +1 or better. Using the +1 handicap is probably the best estimate we can get to the percentage of golfers than are breaking par regularly."

Another great response. Sometimes I am very apprehensive about my scores because I am a high handicapper but I remind myself that my scores are probably not that far off of many of those around me.

82 (38/44). I lost balls on three consecutive holes on the back due to rock hard, tight fairways. I hit a 5 iron 250 yards THROUGH the fairway on the 12th hole! Ridiculous. Frustrating. I actually hit the ball well for 13 holes. 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Interesting day.  Not a good driving day by my standards, but ended up with +5 (42) front and +3 (38) back for an 80.  The 42 on the front included a triple on hole #3.

Today was the first time since I had my knee replacement in 2014 that my wife tied me for 9 holes.  Her 42 was her best score on the front nine ever.  She was hitting the ball great!  Then on #10 it all fell apart; she lost her focus, and I got better.  She still shot 86, and had one birdie on each nine.  I birdied the same hole on the back.  One of these days she will beat me.  I've got to get my driver working again.

On hole #7 I felt a small twinge in my right knee (the original knee, not the fake one).  I don't remember doing anything to it, but it hurt to squat down to read putts.  I put some CBD oil on it; hope it doesn't bother me tomorrow.  I don't need another new pain for the year.  I have already had my quota.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Struck the ball wonderfully today! Walked off #5 +5 and felt like I hadn’t hit a single poor shot...
IMG_1809.JPG

Drove it well again and hit several drives right at 300 yards, that with maybe 5 yards of roll as we got an inch of rain yesterday. Just couldn’t score super well. But I will say this awesome ball marker looked great behind the ball:

IMG_1803.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

On the back nine today, I started having trouble holding on to my driver with my right hand. My could feel my driver kind of spin open to the right which made my ball fly super right. I wear two gloves (refuse to give up soft hands for golf) and wore an older pair of half finger, mesh top gloves because of the heat. I noticed that the palm of the right hand glove was damp from something and also didn't have much grip but the left glove of the pair was fine. Once I changed to another right glove - no slipping and my drives straightened back out.

I mentioned to my husband / playing partner  - wait, most right hand golfers only wear a left glove so why would my right glove be more worn than my left. I must have a goofy grip and didn't realize it.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

Was able to get out for a quick 9 hole round after work today and finished at -3. Really liking how my game is starting to round into form right now as I’m getting ready for a few tournament. With today’s round I have moved to -12 my last 72 holes and -9 my last 36 holes.

IMG_0791.JPG

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Was able to get out for a quick 9 hole round after work today and finished at -3. Really liking how my game is starting to round into form right now as I’m getting ready for a few tournaments. With today’s round I have moved to -12 my last 72 holes and -9 my last 36 holes.

IMG_0791.thumb.JPG.18c5684b460328991292fd834bebe322.JPG

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

8/14 fir

10/18 gir

32 putts

City Championship this weekend. Hit the ball well. Missed 3 footer, a 3 putt, 2 chunked chips, and got flagged on a 12 footer due. It was moving but no way it misses if stick is out. Got to be cleaner in a tournament. State Am qualifying is in same course Monday so field is pretty strong. I’m only 12 back after day 1. 😱

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Wednesday round was played off the green tees, otherwise known as the old man tees. I played off scratch for the first (and probably last) time, 6 less due to the shortness of the course. Probably tried to force it a bit and started very poorly, 5 over after 4. Putted as badly as I have in a long time, 5 x 3 putts, mostly due to poor distance control. Damp early morning greens don't agree with me. Highlight was driving the green from 240, slightly uphill. All carry and feed down to 10 feet. Lowlight was leaving the eagle putt short.

Saturday was my first round playing off the blue (back tees) since pre Covid halt. Played off 9 due to increased par rating and slope. Drove it really well, 13/14 fairways. Hit my irons pretty well and was really happy with my fairway woods, flushed all but one, including hitting 2 greens from outside 200. Mental errors, or to steal @revkev's line, "Strokes had" cost me. A triple and 2 doubles were the direct result of poor concentration, it's difficult to play a shot properly when I'm thinking about everything but the shot. Finished 11 over and really let myself down after striking the ball well.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Saturday Morning
- 43/43 = 86 / 85 ESC (+14)
- 7/15 FIR
- 8/18 GIR
- 34 Putts (2 3-putts, 12 2-putts, 4 1-putts)
Started the round with an (unexpected) triple bogey. After a few changes to my driver swing during Wednesday's lesson, I'm now hitting it more right-to-left and with less spin, and this one took off on me and rolled through the slight bend and into the tall grass about 270 yards from the tee. Hacked out, but having never really been in that position before, I played the hole all wrong and ended with an opening seven. 
This round came down to striking the irons pretty well and hurting myself with the driver.
Sunday Morning
- 44/42 = 86 (+14)
- 3/15 FIR
- 6/18 GIR (1 birdie)
- 32 Putts (1 3-putt, 12 2-putts, 5 1-putts)
Hustled to get this round in this morning as they are predicting thunderstorms mid-late morning. Highlight of the round was a 286-yard drive right in the middle of No. 3 fairway, after which I got away with a bit of a hooked 7-iron to the left rough with a good view of the green. Hit a nice low 54 wedge that took two big hops and clanged off the pin. Tap in birdie.
Hit the driver really well, and the irons were really poor after the third hole. Just didn't strike them well today at all. 
I'm consistently scoring mid-80s, but now I need to focus on eliminating the one or two bad holes that wreck my score. Saturday was the triple bogey on No.1 and a double bogey on No. 16. This morning it was a triple bogey on No. 7, a double bogey on No. 9 (which is an easy, easy par for me usually), and doubles on No. 11 and No. 16, again.
My chipping has been pretty awful over the past few rounds, but my putter is getting better. Still had a bad three-putt this morning, but at least it was the only one of the round.

Sounds like some progress. Hitting some bombs too. Can’t wait to hear how you hit the SZ Xtreme.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

2 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Sounds like some progress. Hitting some bombs too. Can’t wait to hear how you hit the SZ Xtreme.

Yes, I'm very happy with the driver over the past two rounds. Amazing what hitting up on the ball will do to carry and total distance.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Yes, I'm very happy with the driver over the past two rounds. Amazing what hitting up on the ball will do to carry and total distance.

So true. Sounds like the putting is coming along too. I always try to tell myself you’re only allowed one bad putt per hole. So I better make the second if I screw the first one up. It works some of the time. Haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Played the cow pasture by my house after and few days (and 2 holes) of heavy rain. So basically every drive stopped at its carry distance but I still getting over 240 carry. Shot 6 over on 9 with two double and no birdies. Hit my driver and 3 wood well, irons felt solid and putter is always on point thanks the back to back most wanted undisputed champ TA #3. Just need to be a bit more accurate on my approach and better around the greens with the wedges... maybe I should practice that more 🤷🏻‍♂️

But still a lot of fun to be out there with pops and his new clicgear Rovix push cart (again thanks MGS testing) and my brothers.

IMG_2341.JPG

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

Shot a 41 on the front then went 8,8,7 to start the back. Finished birdie par birdie to shoot an 88. Golf bruh. Sheesh.

TM Driver, Wilson Woods, Mizuno JPX Irons, Vokey Wedges and Rossi putter.

20 minutes ago, jlukes said:

+3 on the front, Even on the back to shoot a 75

1 Double, 4 bogeys, 1 Eagle, 1 Birdie 

Struck the ball so well today throughout the bag. Only thing that let me down was bunker play. 

Almost aced a 304 yard Par 4 and tapped in for Eagle! 

IMG_20200621_093404.jpg

IMG_20200621_093828.jpg

Hell of a tee shot! Nice round.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

33 minutes ago, jlukes said:

+3 on the front, Even on the back to shoot a 75

1 Double, 4 bogeys, 1 Eagle, 1 Birdie 

Struck the ball so well today throughout the bag. Only thing that let me down was bunker play. 

Almost aced a 304 yard Par 4 and tapped in for Eagle! 

IMG_20200621_093404.jpg

IMG_20200621_093828.jpg

Nice shot!!!

16 hours ago, PMookie said:

82 (38/44). I lost balls on three consecutive holes on the back due to rock hard, tight fairways. I hit a 5 iron 250 yards THROUGH the fairway on the 12th hole! Ridiculous. Frustrating. I actually hit the ball well for 13 holes. 

Sounds like I could hit a drive a little further than normal there...

5 iron 250... not even in my dreams

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

2 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Sounds like I could hit a drive a little further than normal there...

5 iron 250... not even in my dreams

I carry my 5 iron about 210, so that goes to show how hard and fast that fairway was. I saw it hit and didn’t even watch it after that. I always play 5 iron on that hole! Insane.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I shot a 97 today, which is an improvement for me.

My driver was hot, put a Ventus Red 5S with Velocore into play today. A shaft can't turn a bad swing into a good result, but this is the closest shaft to it. Found it impossible to hook, and mostly was in the middle of the fairway. One shot I thought for sure was going to be a snap hook into the woods, ball started left and then all of a sudden it faded back into the fairway. The one thing I need to account for is with the Ventus is that the ball tends to fade on me. 

Only really bad shots off the tee were when I skied a couple of drives. Teed the ball a little too high and swung a little too hard, but even though those balls didn't go very far, still in the middle of the fairway.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4