TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

- 38/40 = 78 (+6)
- 6/15 FIR
- 10/18 GIR (1 birdie)
- 33 Putts (1 3-putt, 13 2-putts, 4 1-putts)

Another good round for me this morning. Had legitimate birdie opportunities on several holes but could only convert on No. 1. Really awful three-putt after being hole-high and 15 feet away on the par-3 sixth hole. I was a little amped up after the good tee shot and gave it too much gas.

Driver continues to let me down. Lost the ball right into the trees on No. 3 and got lucky with two really nice punch outs that let me two-putt par. Had to punch out under a pine tree on No. 14 and saved par. Went left but hole high on No. 15, but hit a poor chip across the green and saved par. On No. 17 lost the ball right onto No. 18 fairway again and took bogey. Still lots to work on.

Pulled my 8-iron approach from just off the fairway on No. 18 but had a good look at a chip-and-down. Left my chip about six feet short and my first putt didn't even come close. Settled for bogey and my second 78 in the past week. No complaints!

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Went out for 9 holes, played two balls 40/42. Kinda sloppy for me. Hit the ball all over with a big push right. But it got better at the end and found a good ball position, so that needs to carry over to today.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

51 minutes ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

Finally broke 80! Past few rounds I’ve been close but imploded on the last few holes. Finally got there today even with a 3 putt on 18!

IMG_8666.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Congradulations.gif.3018a1ddcf9d370b279e1cd514fb41c9.gif Well Done!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

So I've seen a number of posts in here that start out with something like: "..a tale of two nines". Well... now I know what they mean! 

Played 18 about a week and a half ago but forgot to post .. maybe I wanted to forget, literally, about the back nine? (..ha ha ha...) .. in the past my 18 hole rounds have typically been a mix of ok and not so ok on each hole; with scores typically mid-90s but have had rounds of 90, 91, 92 but then too often more hi-90s rounds.

Drove about 50 minutes East to where we could get a last-minute tee time; funny thing is I thought it was a new-to-us course but we get there and my wife says, "Hmm, this place looks familiar" .. sure enough, we'd played there two or three seasons ago, and unfortunately I remembered not liking it so much... It's one of those courses built around a community, so at one point there's a looooong stretch of path going past houses and crossing a road to get to a section of 4 or 5 holes followed by that same looooong stretch back to the finishing set of holes..... I didn't remember people walking last time we were there, so we took a cart (plus my wife likes walking 9 but not 18 soooo..).

Anyway, I put all that stuff aside and play up front with my wife and just try to hit nice shots into the fairway and towards the green. First tee shot a low runner but into the fairway and in the right direction; second shot a bit thin and right but good distance left me pin-high uphill on the outside edge of a very wide fringe .. 3-putt bogey. OK, not worried, always have trouble adapting to faster/more sloped greens vs the munis I usually play on.

Next hole, short Par 3, managed a par; third hole, short par 4, decent bogey; fourth hole, another Par 3, missed the green just to the right but got up & down for another par.
(Hmmm .. we're almost playing real golf here!)

Fifth hole, Par 5, a careful tee shot into the fairway followed by a good enough layup to a good position just over 100 out from a front pin - and I've got a good shot at it, as the green is open in the direction I'm hitting but fronted by mounds and bunkers along the left going uphill around the larger part of the green, thick rough on an upslope behind and water a short distance to the right.

And as I'm standing over the ball sizing up my shot, waiting for one of our playing partners to finish his, I comment to my wife.. "Hey, I remember being in almost this very same spot after putting a few balls into that water right there trying to get up here!"

Guess what happens next, on my straightforward 100 yd basically no obstacle shot?

Yep. Splash! 
d'oh... 

Finished with a Triple. Followed up by a Double with another 3-putt. But... followed by two pars and a bogey on the Par 5 #9 after a mis-hit off the tee; for a Front 9 of +8 (Par 36), or .. as I like to call it .. "1-under bogey golf" 😆  Which I think was pretty good for me, on that course (slope rating 121 from the front tees), especially considering those two high-scoring holes.

On to #10..
..another short Par 4, another good enough tee shot into the fairway, another "almost" second missed the green but I pulled off another up & down for a par .. yea! 

From here, things fell apart. Not sure exactly what I "had" and then "lost", or what was "on" and then switched "off", but I started missing tee shots or putting them into trouble spots and .. the somewhat comical thing is .. I hit like EACH AND EVERY bunker on the rest of the back 9 .. TWICE!! Not entirely kidding here! - several bunkers I duffed the first attempt and had to do it all over again... (fwiw a few times I gave myself a lift/smooth out the deep footprints I was in/drop)

Several high-scoring holes and somehow three bogeys later...

..we're on #18 and I say, "OK, let's try to finish in style."

I hit a good tee shot down the right side but didn't see it bounce and/or roll to the right into a fairway bunker. From there I was just trying to lay up short of the green - ended up catching it "clean" and ball flew past my layup spot into the bunkers to the left of the green .. where I duffed the first attempt and left it plugged deep in very soft sand in the steep front face of the bunker under an overhanging lip... Punch it out, putt uphill over a ridge, left it short .. 3-putt... Oh, gee, almost forgot - first tee shot on #18 went way waaay left towards the OB fence; it was far enough away from where we were headed I just called it OB and re-tee'ed to yield me a grand total of 9 on the closing hole. Ouch.

Back 9 total +21 (Par 35).
Or: 2.625 times more strokes than the Front 9.
Or, as I don't like to call it 😆 .. "way too many over bogey golf"... 

Hey there's always next time!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Played Saturday in my handicap association tournament at Bay Forest Golf Course near my home. I played very well all day except for one hole, the par 5 14th, tee shot in the the water right (only lost ball of the day) and went on to triple bogie...%$#@!!! But overall a good day with good playing partners and moderate hot and breezy weather. Finished with a very competitive net 70 on the round.

image.png.2084f40be52da785e3fb147d26d9dcad.png

Putting was much better this round as the greens were in great shape.

image.png.9f3a1b17ca4b550c187d3cf4f36b1d02.png

Really getting excited with our club orders in and processing for the start of #COBRACONNECT4 !

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

22 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I'll play 18 tomorrow and remember to bring the gps watch.

I remembered the gps watch this morning. I got the Tectectec for fathers day. Worked great and took no time getting comfortable with it. 

Started off with bogey but then got my act together finishing the front with two bogeys and a birdie. Was kicking some butt on the back nine with one bogey and one birdie going into 18. Hooked my drive, tried to be creative with no luck. Wound up with a double on the last hole. Was not going to leave defeated. Went back to the 18th tee and played the hole again and made par. Wanted to leave on a good note.

Shot 37 /37 on a par 71 course. The best part of the day was playing the 3 toughest holes for me even par. Now I've done it twice  in the same round. Both times this season.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Played 9 last night and my first round with my new Mizunos. Never touched them until the 5th hole as I was leaving myself 120  or less in which is my Vokey range. Played to a +4 thanks to chipping and putting which was becase my wedge play was not great. 

I will say the combination of of 919 Tour with a ProV1 was a crazy good combo. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

2 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

Well first 18 of the day started extremely up and down. Went Double, Par, Double, Par followed by 4 bogeys and another Par playing the first 9 holes at 44.

I’m gonna stop here and say that I ordered some golf balls online and they didn’t show up in time to play today so I had to use a refurbished proV1. The clubhouse was finally open when we went to start the second 9 so I ran in and picked up a 3 pack of Tour B XS. Things changes from there.

Started the the second 9 birdie birdie with 2 perfect 25 foot putts. First one was from just off the green and the second was a steep down hill left to right breaker that hit center cup. I managed to go par, par before losing a ball on my Nemesis hole and finally bogeying. Then found a way to miss a 5 foot birdie putt on 8 and a 6 foot par putt on 9 to finish with a career best 36 even par second 9.

The even par was my first ever over 9 holes and a goal for this year. The new PXG Lucky D putter was absolutely money today.

I will be heading out later today to play my first iron only round with the t200’s and will need the putter to stay hot if I want to have a shot at @Berg Ryman in our competition.

I believe in you, and in the BStone XS

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

40/40:80  today.  Didn't count stats, but overall it was a good ball striking day.  Putting wasn't bad even thought the greens had recently been aerated but left 4/5 on the lip.   The bad part was the rest of the course had been punched as well so fairways were a little long and the ball sat down in some of the holes.  Short game was good;  no chunks or bladed balls and I had good distance control   

Did a swing evaluation last week and have been doing drills this week to work on the changes that we are going to make.  As I mentioned above,  ball striking was good.  I have been hitting balls during the week as part of most wanted testing and the swing carried over to the course.  What I found was that I hit the center of the face more consistently and even added a few yards with each club with less effort.   Looking forward to continuing lessons to work on strategy, swing, and specialty shots. 

Overall I like the direction my game is heading.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

45/44=89 my yardage was spot on today. But I ended up with being pin high taking a penalty’s or chipping instead of putting.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

I ended up shooting a 90 in the Ohio gathering. Spraying off the tee and I didn't hit too many solid irons, but short game was good leading to 33 putts. Highlight was draining a 28 footer for birdie (that @tony@CIC also birdied).

Full report and a few pics here. I assume others will add more pics, at least I hope.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Abysmal!   Shot my handicap on the front and didn't get much better on the back.  I'll blame it on the cold wind.  Surely it couldn't be me!🤣

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

9 hours ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

Finally broke 80! Past few rounds I’ve been close but imploded on the last few holes. Finally got there today even with a 3 putt on 18!

IMG_8666.PNG

Get your Broke 80 badge!!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Came out slightly on fire for a 43 on the front and limped in a 47 on the back at the Ohio outing...there were flashes of brilliance and valleys of deep depression.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Wait till you're 73!!

I know, bunch of Kids

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Finally catching up w mediocre rounds Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday.
Tuesday, just pathetic
Wednesday, 1st 5 holes 1 under then bogeys last 4 holes.
Friday a lot better, 2 over. Played last 3 holes with a Sirxon “found” Soft Feel and was absolutely killin it. Who knew

Rick

Left Hand, 

Finally catching up w mediocre rounds Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday.
Tuesday, just pathetic
Wednesday, 1st 5 holes 1 under then bogeys last 4 holes.
Friday a lot better, 2 over. Played last 3 holes with a Sirxon “found” Soft Feel and was absolutely killin it. Who knew

Rick

Left Hand, 

9 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

So I've seen a number of posts in here that start out with something like: "..a tale of two nines". Well... now I know what they mean! 

Played 18 about a week and a half ago but forgot to post .. maybe I wanted to forget, literally, about the back nine? (..ha ha ha...) .. in the past my 18 hole rounds have typically been a mix of ok and not so ok on each hole; with scores typically mid-90s but have had rounds of 90, 91, 92 but then too often more hi-90s rounds.

Drove about 50 minutes East to where we could get a last-minute tee time; funny thing is I thought it was a new-to-us course but we get there and my wife says, "Hmm, this place looks familiar" .. sure enough, we'd played there two or three seasons ago, and unfortunately I remembered not liking it so much... It's one of those courses built around a community, so at one point there's a looooong stretch of path going past houses and crossing a road to get to a section of 4 or 5 holes followed by that same looooong stretch back to the finishing set of holes..... I didn't remember people walking last time we were there, so we took a cart (plus my wife likes walking 9 but not 18 soooo..).

Anyway, I put all that stuff aside and play up front with my wife and just try to hit nice shots into the fairway and towards the green. First tee shot a low runner but into the fairway and in the right direction; second shot a bit thin and right but good distance left me pin-high uphill on the outside edge of a very wide fringe .. 3-putt bogey. OK, not worried, always have trouble adapting to faster/more sloped greens vs the munis I usually play on.

Next hole, short Par 3, managed a par; third hole, short par 4, decent bogey; fourth hole, another Par 3, missed the green just to the right but got up & down for another par.
(Hmmm .. we're almost playing real golf here!)

Fifth hole, Par 5, a careful tee shot into the fairway followed by a good enough layup to a good position just over 100 out from a front pin - and I've got a good shot at it, as the green is open in the direction I'm hitting but fronted by mounds and bunkers along the left going uphill around the larger part of the green, thick rough on an upslope behind and water a short distance to the right.

And as I'm standing over the ball sizing up my shot, waiting for one of our playing partners to finish his, I comment to my wife.. "Hey, I remember being in almost this very same spot after putting a few balls into that water right there trying to get up here!"

Guess what happens next, on my straightforward 100 yd basically no obstacle shot?

Yep. Splash! 
d'oh... 

Finished with a Triple. Followed up by a Double with another 3-putt. But... followed by two pars and a bogey on the Par 5 #9 after a mis-hit off the tee; for a Front 9 of +8 (Par 36), or .. as I like to call it .. "1-under bogey golf" 😆  Which I think was pretty good for me, on that course (slope rating 121 from the front tees), especially considering those two high-scoring holes.

On to #10..
..another short Par 4, another good enough tee shot into the fairway, another "almost" second missed the green but I pulled off another up & down for a par .. yea! 

From here, things fell apart. Not sure exactly what I "had" and then "lost", or what was "on" and then switched "off", but I started missing tee shots or putting them into trouble spots and .. the somewhat comical thing is .. I hit like EACH AND EVERY bunker on the rest of the back 9 .. TWICE!! Not entirely kidding here! - several bunkers I duffed the first attempt and had to do it all over again... (fwiw a few times I gave myself a lift/smooth out the deep footprints I was in/drop)

Several high-scoring holes and somehow three bogeys later...

..we're on #18 and I say, "OK, let's try to finish in style."

I hit a good tee shot down the right side but didn't see it bounce and/or roll to the right into a fairway bunker. From there I was just trying to lay up short of the green - ended up catching it "clean" and ball flew past my layup spot into the bunkers to the left of the green .. where I duffed the first attempt and left it plugged deep in very soft sand in the steep front face of the bunker under an overhanging lip... Punch it out, putt uphill over a ridge, left it short .. 3-putt... Oh, gee, almost forgot - first tee shot on #18 went way waaay left towards the OB fence; it was far enough away from where we were headed I just called it OB and re-tee'ed to yield me a grand total of 9 on the closing hole. Ouch.

Back 9 total +21 (Par 35).
Or: 2.625 times more strokes than the Front 9.
Or, as I don't like to call it 😆 .. "way too many over bogey golf"... 

Hey there's always next time!

Yeah... OK... but what did Lisa shoot??   Inquiring minds...

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Saturday was the last day for me at the MGS PNW Golf outing.  Again we played Circling Raven GC but the weather changed overnight; overcast 10º cooler and wind was up, maybe 15-20 mph.  We started on time, but the starter said there were a bunch of people out in front of us that had never played CR before.  You can get into some bad spots, if you don't know where to NOT hit the ball.  I knew, and still hit some of them!  The round lasted over 5 hours!!

I finally got my driver going a little better; not great , but better.  I hit 9/14 fairways and nothing horrible, but only hit 6 greens.  Putting was not great either... 33 putts.  However, after being in 6 bunkers on Friday, I missed them all on Saturday!!  I did manage one loooooong birdie putt.  

So, I hit more fairways than Friday; missed all the bunkers I hit on Friday; got a birdie that I didn't have on Friday, and shot the same damn score... 87!!!!!!!

The MGS outing this year was a lot of fun, and I hope we can do it again next year.  Hopefully, we won't have a virus to contend with.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Weird weird weekend for me.

Friday I had to have our Golden Retriever put down.  He'd been deaf for well over a year, several lumps on him, was looking increasingly thin no matter how much we fed him, and over the last 3-4 days I'd been having to carry him up the 3 steps from the backyard into the house.  He was 9...vet said he looked about 13 and he agreed it was time.  5 military moves in 9 years might have taken a toll on him.

Then Saturday, my mind not being totally wrapped up in golf, I went and shot a personal best 75!  67% GIR, with the putter holding me back from a really great round (33 putts). Today, new personal best 74, 67% GIR, 34 putts.  If I can just get the flatstick to warm up...

And after two awesome rounds, I came home and my dog wasn't there...downer.

Sorry all, weird post I know.  Weird weekend.

Willow Lakes 27 Jun 20.png

Shoreline 28 Jun 20.png

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Weird weird weekend for me.
Friday I had to have our Golden Retriever put down.  He'd been deaf for well over a year, several lumps on him, was looking increasingly thin no matter how much we fed him, and over the last 3-4 days I'd been having to carry him up the 3 steps from the backyard into the house.  He was 9...vet said he looked about 13 and he agreed it was time.  5 military moves in 9 years might have taken a toll on him.
Then Saturday, my mind not being totally wrapped up in golf, I went and shot a personal best 75!  67% GIR, with the putter holding me back from a really great round (33 putts). Today, new personal best 74, 67% GIR, 34 putts.  If I can just get the flatstick to warm up...
And after two awesome rounds, I came home and my dog wasn't there...downer.
Sorry all, weird post I know.  Weird weekend.

1730528673_WillowLakes27Jun20.png.3a1f049e77f676951e94392a8c5646a3.png
1684289026_Shoreline28Jun20.png.c01b3231a05ed83a026282018062a474.png

Can’t really like this post but really sorry to hear about your Golden Retriever, dogs become family.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Just now, Rickp said:

Can’t really like this post but really sorry to hear about your Golden Retriever, dogs become family.

Thanks man

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

7 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I liked to acknowledge but agree,  wanted to send a smile for the round and a sad for the dog.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I liked to acknowledge but agree,  wanted to send a smile for the round and a sad for the dog.  

Exactly what I was trying to do.

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

2 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Exactly what I was trying to do.

I know, sorry guys, awkward post but just figured I'd share, give some context, explains why I shot the two best rounds of my golfing career and I'm not jumping out of my seat ecstatic.  Does make me wonder if I played so well because my mind was elsewhere, wasn't overthinking things and getting in my own head...

I know, sorry guys, awkward post but just figured I'd share, give some context, explains why I shot the two best rounds of my golfing career and I'm not jumping out of my seat ecstatic.  Does make me wonder if I played so well because my mind was elsewhere, wasn't overthinking things and getting in my own head...

No problem, all of us with dogs/cats that become family know how you feel.

Rick

Left Hand,