Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Well this June/July has been interesting. Going back 2 weeks I've had a 39 on the front. Since then it's been 54 on the back, 50 on the back, 99 total including a 48 on the front. Needless to say going into league play last night I was not exactly optimistic. Got some time on the range and after duff after duff videod myself and saw the problem. I had been so worried about pulling to the inside that I was basically killing lunch coming over the top.

Didn't get enough time/balls to iron out everything but I was at least not snap hooking.

As for the round. +4 40 with one 3 putt and a double after driving my ball within 60 yards of the green. Had a few up and downs early and a few pars via GIR's. I guess videoing myself really helped get my swing in order.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Slowly improving back to where i was... That being said my hybrid that was my most reliable club in my bag has gone missing (not literally lost, just can hit it) which is costing me dearly because I used to be able to recover from a bad shot or long par 4 or par 5 with that cluib. Can't figure out why all of the sudden I am unable to hit it 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

46 minutes ago, Apes44 said:

Slowly improving back to where i was... That being said my hybrid that was my most reliable club in my bag has gone missing (not literally lost, just can hit it) which is costing me dearly because I used to be able to recover from a bad shot or long par 4 or par 5 with that cluib. Can't figure out why all of the sudden I am unable to hit it 

I know the feeling.  I heavily rely on my hybrid as well; some days it works, some days it doesn't.  I think it's a setup thing with me, as I have a tendency to setup with the ball too far forward like I'm hitting driver.  When I move the ball back an inch or two, I make better contact.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

13 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I know the feeling.  I heavily rely on my hybrid as well; some days it works, some days it doesn't.  I think it's a setup thing with me, as I have a tendency to setup with the ball too far forward like I'm hitting driver.  When I move the ball back an inch or two, I make better contact.

I've tried that, anywhere from inside of front foot to middle, to almost inside of back foot and still same result... ugly 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Exactly the same for me. I love my 3H but mosre common than not I set up like a driver and just skull it. When I set up like a 3w or a long Iron it plays much better. I just have to remember to play it back in my stance like a 4 or 3 iron

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

11 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I don't think my score tonight is representative of how bad I played. Ended up +13, but could have been much worse if I didn't make a bunch of 6-10' putts, ending with 14 putts.

Strangely, driver was good for the first three driving holes, then went sideways.... Literally. Fresh off a birdie on a par 5, I smashed my drive but pulled into the woods. Ended up with a triple. Next hole flared to right, almost reaching the next fairway but had about 15 trees between me and the green. After playing bumper pool through the trees, ended up with another triple.

Irons were pretty thin all night, not a single solid shot. One I topped so bad I almost missed the ball entirely - after a beautiful drive, of course.

I chose not to play a rock for the hard rock challenge because it was first half playoff and we were in first place. Apparently I should have played the stupid Molitor in my bag. Couldn't have been much worse. Scratch that, it probably could have.

Atleast ya kept the score low that’s a plus.
The molitor might have bounced nicely off the trees though!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

My wife and I treated our tax accountant to a round of golf today.  He's a good stick but has only played twice this year; he took a few mulligans. I wish I could hit the ball as far as he does, but I'm not 30 years younger, 6'5" and fit.  🤣

Shot 41/42 for an 83.  The good news was that I can mark off another hole in the MGS 2020 Birdie Challenge... #9 par 5.  The hole is a dogleg left with a pond short and right of the green starting 80 yards out.  Mounds and grass bunkers on the left; very narrow opening to the front part of the green.  Today the pin was way back right.  I hit a good drive but the 15 mph wind pushed my shot left to the rough at the corner of the dogleg.  Rough is short by very thick; hit a draw around a tree down the fairway.  I had 118 to the front of the green over the narrow fairway, but 148 to the pin over water.  I went for the front with a little cut and end up off the back of the green behind the pin.  Chipped in for no-putt birdie!!  I don't recall ever making a birdie with that pin location.

While knocking off another birdie hole was nice, the story today was my wife.  She shot her best round of the year... 84.  {remember what I shot?}  We would have tied except she 3-putted #18.  Pressure must have got to her!!  🤣  But I think my days are numbered.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

21 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Trees, what trees? Oh, you must be talking about those the Monitor would have knocked down. 

I tend to believe it would have bored right through them, leaving a nice, clean hole.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

3 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Impromptu 9 holes with my son and dad today.

Only the 3rd time my son has been in course and did a lot better. He had a blast. my dad struggled but he actually purchased some lessons which he will be starting next week.

FD827DAE-437E-4CD6-8A4F-813326A3894B.jpeg.1128b9a13ce96cefede424fd01fc5eaa.jpeg

i struggled was trying to keep my sons head on straight and give him guidance (found out I am not good at teaching and playing simultaneously). Been really working off the tee and I think that screwed men up a little with the irons because I just wasn’t hitting them well but I know what I was doing.

off the tee was fantastic today with a +6.2 on arccos (28 on approach so yea). But had a few bombs and shot a total 42. chalk up another birdie for BEHC.

20BA2AB1-3057-41C1-A86E-6EF01D1B0A09.png.5cacbbddfe5f03e0bfb4f4403d880bfe.pngE4DF5883-3B59-4469-BE5C-34D80D6518E2.png.d9917998742857bd697f8bfc1292ac62.png

Sounds like a fantastic time with your son and dad, that's awesome! Also, love the water bottle your son is sporting. 

6 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Sounds like a fantastic time with your son and dad, that's awesome! Also, love the water bottle your son is sporting. 

I never got into Star Wars before and had only seen 1 move (original) Kids obsessed. Should see his room....I have now seen all the movies and mandalorian.....

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

On 7/4/2020 at 4:55 PM, fozcycle said:

..phone call with some sad information..

My sympathies to his family and to all who knew him. 

The world needs MORE people like that, not fewer............

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

82 39/43

2 birdies/ 9 pars

9 FIRs / 10 GIRs

35 putts (2 3 putts that were on complete opposite side of the green)

I played at the RTJ Oxmoor Valley Ridge course today. Everything was great the first 8 holes. I was -1 through 8 and had hit 7/8 GIRs with back to back birdies. I was thinking I could record a personal best today...

Then came hole 9. It started with a tee shot that leaked a little right and caught the cart path sending it like a rocket into the trees. It took me 2 shots to get out, 2 chunks, 1 sandy, and 2 putts later to record a quad on a relative easy hole. After that I played bogey golf and could not get back in the groove. I let the mental part of the game get to me after that one bad hole.

Overall though, that is now 8 out of my last 9 rounds that have been 83 or lower. I’ve gotten my handicap down to 7.9 through this stretch. Hoping to keep it up!

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

On 7/3/2020 at 9:27 PM, Jmikecpa said:

Nope, but a smartass comment is going to get a smartass response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

like this one.......

nice chatting with ya! keep on posting those record scores.....🙄

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Deleted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

On 7/6/2020 at 5:44 PM, silver & black said:

Definitely getting better. I'm playing more and figuring out how to swing again...lol.

👍

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

On 7/7/2020 at 9:39 AM, Kenny B said:

I know the feeling.  I heavily rely on my hybrid as well; some days it works, some days it doesn't.

Oh yeah, same here. So .. since I, uhhh, have the opportunity 😆 to punch out often enough I've been using all different clubs other than the hybrid; eg. 3W, 7i, LW. Dare say it's helping...

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

4 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Oh yeah, same here. So .. since I, uhhh, have the opportunity 😆 to punch out often enough I've been using all different clubs other than the hybrid; eg. 3W, 7i, LW. Dare say it's helping...

What's helping??  Punch outs or hitting your 3W, 7i, and LW better?   🤣

Played a Par 3 yesterday; a fun (= challenging), tight (= trees intruding onto one or both sides of most holes) course with holes from 99 - 158 (those are both uphill shots). Most shots are PW, 9i or 8i for me and hit most of those pretty well, but still managed to miss most of the greens. Short game was also pretty good, but ... just missed getting up and down each time... The chip on would be pretty close to what I'd wanted but either run out a bit less or a bit more than desired, so I didn't leave myself any short, easy putts; followed by a string of mis-reads .. mostly under-reading break .. that had the first putts sliding by on the low side...

Had one bad pull left (8i) that went into a drainage gully that runs downhill to the left and behind the green; followed by a good low punch-out (LW) from a tough spot that stuck on the front of the green with the pin in back, followed by a putt that held its line to the pin but was still running too fast so left me with like a 10 footer coming back... Which is when I reached down to line up my ball and discovered that I'd punched out the wrong ball!! D'oh... 2-stroke penalty. And, yes - I missed the comeback putt with that Top Flite...

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

... And thought I would add I usually post about my good rounds, especially with the T1000-S irons I am reviewing. But rest assured we all have bad rounds. Leading up to my 2 day break, my back was tight and I played poorly for a week. Last 2 rounds I didn't even keep score but if I did, I would have shot in the upper 70's or even crept into the 80's. Just sayin... 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... And thought I would add I usually post about my good rounds, especially with the T1000-S irons I am reviewing. But rest assured we all have bad rounds. Leading up to my 2 day break, my back was tight and I played poorly for a week. Last 2 rounds I didn't even keep score but if I did, I would have shot in the upper 70's or even crept into the 80's. Just sayin... 

Thank you!

It’s good to know the super-good players still have issues now and then. I had a pulled something in my back yesterday and shot an 82. It wasn’t a completely crappy day, but I swear that it was affecting my swing on some shots. It got so bad that I had to get up after 15 minutes in bed last night, and take some serious medication. The event was a “stag day” and the guys I play with like to drink a lot of beer, which led to me drinking a few, which probably helped with the back pain, but didn’t really help with the game haha. I usually don’t drink at all when playing...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

League night tonight, we played the back which is definitely the harder 9 for me.

43 (+8), 3/6 FIR, 3/9 GIR, 17 putts

Really felt like I struck the ball well! 43's the best I've done on this 9 before. It's pretty short, but keeping your first ball in the fairway is essential with very complex green structures making your approach the most important for scoring low. My short game was really tidy, except for one pitch I just played silly and flew the green.

I've also gotten the new Tour Edge Hybrid just the other day, so this was my first round with it. I won't give too much away before we start the official thread, but this sucker is crisp. Holes 6 & 7 are both really narrow with OB right and water left, and my confidence standing on both tees is typically pretty abysmal. But with the EXS Pro I was waay more comfortable, and stayed out of trouble on both holes today. Excited to keep putting some swings on it, and hoping it keeps up with the initial impression!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here