TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

This morning there was 7 of us and we divided into two teams. I started off this morning hot. The first six holes I had six birdies. I was on fire. I am thinking I was going to shoot a personal record. Six under par and I was not even working at it. However, I did not finish quite as strong as I started. As a matter of fact instead of the 66 or better that I was salivating about I shot an 86.

I decelerated on the down swing, I jumped at the ball, I flailed away with a golf swing that while I may have not had good contact but I kept the gnats at bay. My playing partners, whom I play with every week since 2005, were astonished. One of them said he had never seen me play better, and had never seen me play worse at the same time. I did not have a par until the 18th hole. Our team ended up losing by one stroke. We got off to a six stroke lead and then lost oddly enough because the other team had a birdie on the last hole. Their "A" player played worse than I did, but they had a "C" player who shot 11 strokes better than normal.

I played nine more holes and shot 36. I have no explanation, other than I got out of my game plan after several bad holes.

I jokingly said that I did not understand what the problem was, I had read Adam Scott's new book on how to play with a lead, that should not be happening.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Did you really mean 6 birdies in the first 6 holes? 6 straight birdies? Or was it 6 birdies on the front nine?

That's a lot of birdies regarldless - the most I've ever had in a row is 3. I had 2 in a row on Friday, a par and then 2 more in a row. And I had a 10 footer for bridie on that par in the middle - the greens were horrible I had a chip in but no one in our group came close to making a putt outside of 5 feet - I mean these things were aweful. It's too bad this course normally has great greens but it got flooded from tropical storm Debbie. They had to aerate after that - first time I've seen a course aerated down here in the month of July.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Did you really mean 6 birdies in the first 6 holes? 6 straight birdies? Or was it 6 birdies on the front nine?

That's a lot of birdies regarldless - the most I've ever had in a row is 3. I had 2 in a row on Friday, a par and then 2 more in a row. And I had a 10 footer for bridie on that par in the middle - the greens were horrible I had a chip in but no one in our group came close to making a putt outside of 5 feet - I mean these things were aweful. It's too bad this course normally has great greens but it got flooded from tropical storm Debbie. They had to aerate after that - first time I've seen a course aerated down here in the month of July.

I made one birdie putt of 12' on the fourth hole. Six birdies in a row, all the others were 3 to 8 feet from the hole. I was hitting those irons like I had a scope mounted on them. I was sticking with the stay 100 yards from the green game plan.

1st hole, 309 Par 4, 4i poorly struck but fairway, 135 out, choked down 9 iron, 3 feet.

2nd hole, 482 Par 5, 4i/7i/pw, 122 out, 6 foot.

3rd hole, 343 Par 4, 5i/6i 158 out, 7 feet.

4th hole, 150 Par 3, 7i, 12 feet.

5th hole, 485 Par 5, 4i/6i/9i 8 feet.

6th hole, 373 Par 4, D/GW 6 feet.

The rest of the card is filled with shanks and chili dips, and decelerations and swatting at the ball. And yanking drives into the forest. and missing putts.

I swear that on one approach shot on the back 9 my feet were off the ground while my clubhead was striking the ground. I hit the ground TWICE once with the driver before I hit the ball. For some reason it did not go far.:unsure:

For the most part I was still hitting my irons ok, just not as crisp, and my short game and driver went south. Instead of hitting the green near the flag I was hitting the bunker near the flag. Then chipping horribly, and putting poorly. And the occasional sorry drive and double bogey city. Last hole I hit a great irons shot on a par 3, 15 feet from the hole and lipped the putt.

The funny thing was when I was playing great, the highercappers on my team were following suite. They each had a birdie. So on 6 holes we had 9 birdies between us. We were on fire. But we burned quick. One more par by any of us and we would have tied and depending on where it was we may have still won.

Warning! A bit long! Had a tough one yesterday. Quarterfinal match in our Match Play bracket against one of my favorite rivals. I had been beating him pretty soundly most of the year but I knew that when it was "for real" that he was going to be a tough opponent. He's pretty much a steady player, nothing flashy, not long at all but pretty consistent. If he's playing well he's going to get alot of pars and rarely anything over bogey.

I started a little shaky, and really seemed to get alot of bad breaks on the front 9. Terrible lies, strange bounces, all the typical stuff that goes wrong when it goes wrong you know? My opponent was playing great, virtually mistake free golf, parring his way around the course and making some huge par saves to 1/2 and win holes. So I am 4 down after 9. Then I'm still 4 down after 11. I haven't won a hole since I birdied 3. Its at the point now where I really cannot be patient, I HAVE to win a hole. I win 12 and 13, finally some cracks in my opponent are starting to show. I'm pretty freed up and playing well and just bought myself a couple more holes. On 16 I hammer a drive to 125 out with a good angle in, my opponent swats his and is at 200. He dumps it in a deep greenside bunker, I hit on to about 20' and am feeling pretty good. He gets out of the bunker and cans a 12 footer to save par, I par as well and am dormie going into 17. Center green and 2 putt the par 3 17 to win. On 18, one of the better finishing holes in town, a tight 420 yard dogleg left with water down the left and trees on the right. I favor the right and catch the path and end up 200 out but a really bad spot, have to get under some overhanging tree limbs and then over some tall trees at about 100 out to get to the green, opponent is 195 out but in the fairway with a clean line of sight, still a tough shot for him but he just has to push to win. I don't have a choice I have to go for it. I can't hit my hybrid because it is going to hit the overhanging trees, 4 iron is dicey to get over the far trees. I hit one of the best shots of my life there, hit that 4 as hard as I could hit it, right through a small gap in the overhang, way up over the far trees, about a 15 yard draw to 20'. I knew he felt that one. He'd just squandered 3 of a 4 shot lead and I'd just stuffed one on him, momentum was on my side. He let one get away right, chipped up and damn near drained a 30' putt. I made an easy par and we're off to 1.

One is a simple hole, very straight forward 370 yard par 4. It can be trouble only if you go right, where you are blocked by tall trees. Thing is, I never really play 1 under pressure! I had been hitting my driver very well through the back side. I knew my opponent was rattled, he'd gone from 4 up on 11 to sudden death and hadn't won a hole since 9. If I could hit a good one, I felt like he was going to feel like he had to press a bit. I lined it up hit it right. DEEP right. I was 40 yards out, right behind all the trees. Opponent was center fairway, then on the green about 25' with a downhill breaker. I knew he was unlikely to birdie, but I had no way to the green. I could either punch out to about 25' short of the green and have a little uphill chip, or punch back to a full shot. I don't know why I chose to put the match on my wedge. I know that under pressure the full shot is probably better and I'd been hitting greens for the last 9 holes. But, I did. I put it to 25' right were I wanted, then fatted a wedge to just off the fringe, I'm at 6' with a good lie and a makeable chip, opponent putts to 18" but still a downhill slight break, not a gimme. Its do or die and I miss the chip in the jar 4 inches short, and that was the day.

It was a tough loss but I didn't feel too terrible. I made alot of mental mistakes on the front but when the heat was on I feel I responded very well and made shot after shot under do or die pressure to give myself a chance to win. I'm going to be reliving 1 for a while now and am going to start playing it a little differently seeing if I can find a "safe" way to play it. Losing sucks!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Hey JBones don't beat yourself up to bad about walking off the course. Sometimes the game can just get to you. Sometimes it just is not your day and the game can make you miserable. It sounds like you were dicey about even being on the course that day in the first place. Your head wasn't in the game, you had life going on outside of golf and that is a tough way to try to play golf. Even if it wasn't in the front of your mind, subconsciously you probably knew that you were supposed to be with your family that day.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Hey JBones don't beat yourself up to bad about walking off the course. Sometimes the game can just get to you. Sometimes it just is not your day and the game can make you miserable. It sounds like you were dicey about even being on the course that day in the first place. Your head wasn't in the game, you had life going on outside of golf and that is a tough way to try to play golf. Even if it wasn't in the front of your mind, subconsciously you probably knew that you were supposed to be with your family that day.

I over it now, but I did beat myself up for a couple days, because like I said, thats just not me. I was mentally toast though, I knew it on the range before the tourney even started, but I still gave it a shot.

Well Sundays score was pitiful but some of that was my playing partners. The highlight though was on the second hole of the course we were playing hitting the 4 fairway off the tee and out driving everyone else and not putting it in the water or down the embankment.

My Bag

Driver Diablo Edge

Fairway Nickent DX 3 and 5

Hybrid Nickent DT 3 and 4 hybrid

Iron VR Pro Combo5-pw

Wedge Adams Idea Pro 60 and 56

Putter STX X-Form 1

Shot 74 in league tonight 38-36 - 2 birdies, 30 putts, 9 greens in regulation - only missed 2 fairways and both of those were in the first cut so I was very accurate off the tee. Was a bit longer than I've been too, hit one 255 and a couple of others over 240 which means my strength is really coming back - didn't get tired at the end of the round like I have been and have lots of energy right now even - didn't hurt that it was cloudy and windy the entire round - I doubt it was much above 80 by the time we finished - that's amazing in Florida in late July.

I'm feeling like I'm on the verge of playing really good golf.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I played today with the former high school girls coach. He actually lives here on the course but for the past two years has been in administration, and his son has played baseball so he has not played in two years until the last few days. He is also an Instinct Putter. So it was the first time I saw someone besides myself do this. I must say it looks a little odd.

I putted lights out today. I missed a 30' birdie putt on the last hole to shot even par. I had 5 birdies today, no double bogeys and no three putts. My distance control on long putts was absolutely awesome. I had a putt on 13 that was down two tiers, across a huge slope and as far as you can get from the hole, 2 inches from the back. According to my yardage book it was a 32 yard putt. 96 Feet. with probably 20 feet of break. I missed the hole by mere inches and rolled about a foot past. From my vantage point, in the outfield seat, I thought it was in the hole.

I admit that when I the first several holes were pretty intimidating playing with someone who actually coached golf for years, but I eventually calmed down. I was not doing my usual swing initially because I was self conscious.

I have to ask, "Why would it be intimidating to play with a golf coach?" You're a 5 - you shouldn't really be intimidated playing with anyone.

I played with a local sports show host yesterday - I ran the risk of doing something that might make it to the radio - I was hoping it would be something good. B)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Played my first tournament for the year yesterday, the Florida state am qualifier and shot 81 (+9). I don't think I've hit the ball that badly off the tee since 2009, when I came back from a 9 year hiatus from the game.

I just kept snap hooking driver after driver and I didn't figure it out until my 14th hole when I just told myself to 'hold off the face' as much as I could and I started to hit it well. Disappointing in the sense that the cut was 75, which I would have easily made had I hit my driver like I did on the last 5 holes. Overall, I didn't think the course was that tough other than the sand in the bunker walls is so thick you can just miss a shot and get buried. I did that twice and hurt my back try to hack it out of there.

Eh, not too upset as the rest of my game was really good. That was probably the worst I struck the irons in 2 weeks and I would still give my iron play a grade of B to B+. Had some speed issues on the last 9 holes on the green, I think the stimp was a little slower on those holes. Well, here's to looking towards the Mid-Am.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

Where do you live 3Jack and where was the qualifier? It was absolutely gorgeous over in St Pete - I tee'd off at 3:30 and it was only 82 with a nice breeze. It was 76 when we finished at 7. A bit breezy but other that a perfect afternoon for golf in Florida this time of year.

So happy to have moved on to the senior category and to be able to play courses at under 6,500 for offical Florida Golf Association events - would hate to have to be back at 6,800, 6,900 like you would be - been there, done with that.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Just in general been playing terrible lately, currently have zero game whatsoever. I'd like to attribute it to the fact that I seriously hurt my back about 5 weeks ago while playing to the point where I couldn't get out of bed for 5 days. And no matter what I do I can't seem to get back to where I was. I've lost about 10-15 yards on my irons and even more on my driver and fairway metals. Club-head speed has also dropped off significantly (was on a Trackman last week).

On top of all that the pain has started to re-surface so unfortunately it seems I'm going to be taking some time off of golf for a while :(

I guess on the bright side though it will finally allow me time to get new shafts, and grips on my clubs haha.

Played 9 today and posted a 43 which matches my best round so far. Started off shaky on hole 1 and pulled my drive left and hit my approach shot just short and took bogey, which is fine with me most of the time. Next hole I hit a great drive 275, chipped it to the green, and three putted, bleh.

On hole 3 I went with the 3w which was probably a bad idea and hit it into the trees. Then I pulled a Tiger and hit a beautiful stinger with my 4H, which did exactly what I wanted, but I should have hit the 3H. Chip and two putt for bogey. Hole 4 was 135 out so I went with a soft 9i and nearly hole it, tapped in for birdie. Another 275 drive on hole 5, hit my approach shot fat, hit my chip short, and two putted..bogey again. Another great drive on hole 6 and another terrible approach shot, followed by a terrible half wedge, but chipped and one putted for par.

Then hole 7, I forgot how to swing my driver and tried to kill it. I really need one of those shock underwears that'll give me Pavlov-esque training to stop doing this. Hit the drive perfectly to position a cluster of trees between the ball and green. Thought I'd get fancy and hit a high 4H that went straight into said trees. Followed it by an approach that missed right. Tried to be fancy again and chipped with my 7i to the uphill edge of the green. Three putted and died a little inside.

Hole 8 showed terrible putting again, bogey because of 3 putt. Hole 9 was just poor course management since I've never played this course before, took 3 to get on the green and two putted for bogey.

Huh, now that I've written all that I feel terrible about my 43, there were easily 5 shots that I should have made...oh well, gotta keep expectations realistic and keep learning from mistakes. Hopefully I'll break the 40/80 mark soon!

Strange round Friday. Got caught in traffic on the way so I got there late jumped I. A cart and caught up to my three on hole three. No warm up, literally took my first t shot as I was.. In running shoes.

Settled in quick though. Shot 51 over the first 9 holes, and was ice cold on the greens. Missed three putts by less than an inch. But that also includes an ugly par 3 that I took a penalty on for bouncing off a sprinkler head and into water, then promptly 3 putted.

Overall , mostly bogey golf. Then I finally settled in after another penalty on 12. Par threes killed me. Put a PW over the green and rolled into poison ivy in the woods. However after that I went on a tear for me 5 pars, 1 birdie, 3 bogeys.

All in all a good round

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Didn't feel like I played very well today at all. The greens are still slow as molasses and I didn't 3 putt but wow did you have to really rap the ball to get it to the hole. Ended up +11 points on my quota and should win a little for that as well as get a skin for a birdie on the hardest par 3 on the course (stuffed it to 8 inches).

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I set a personal record and a record for my group this morning. We have never had any one get more that 31 points in our group, and I have never shot better than 37 strokes, 17 points on a weekend. I have shot par and gotten more points during the week but it was with just one or two people.

Today, with 5 people in each group, 2 groups, 10 in all, I shot a 36, 38, and after lunch 37. And got 34 points. Driver was not the best, but irons and putting were really good.

Well, the weather was crap, rained off & on, which slowed the greens down..They measured an 11 yesterday, and while I didn't hear today's number, They were probably a 9...Anyway I finished with a 69(Par 71) for second place @ 142...

The winner went 69, 71 for a 140 and the new member blew up with a 76 for a 146....I got this little crystal Tiffany egg piece...I had 5 birds, my best this year in a tournament, however the 3 bogies sorta killed the round...Two of the three were three putts, though I had 27 putts, so I guess I can't really b*tch..lol...

I'm gonna keep the long putter in the bag and give it a chance.....

Fairways & Greens 4ever......

Great round yourself. Congradulations.

I too am using the belly putter lately. I did not use it Friday, and putted ok, I just did not feel as comfortable with it as I do the belly. Well, the Odyssey anyway. I learned how to check the difference and my Odyssey Mid putter is a toe hang putter, and all my others are face balanced putters. I am putting better with the Odyssey, but then again, I putted great for a couple of years as a standard length putter. It was a belly, I cut it off, and then I extended it to make it a belly.

I putted great the last two days with it, and as I said in the Poor Etiquette I shot 36 and 42 with 5 strokes directly attributed to a kid distracting me in the putt or chip. I had two birdies and an eagle putt inside 8 feet where he walked into my vision during the stroke. They thought it was hilarious because I was severly whipping their butts. I ended up getting so mad I was walking off and leaving them.

Played with my dad and 2 other guys up in The Villages. We finished in 4:10 but one of the guys was a 20 handicap who insisted on putting out on everything. I think 1 hole he took like a 12 or something. That kind of throws you off a bit. I have been struggling badly with my driver and was trying some new things without looking on video first. So I shot 75 (+3). Hit the driver decent on the front 9, then awful on the back. But the course was so open and my iron play was good that I could still do well. Had a rarity, birdied the last hole (my only birdie of the day) despite hitting my driver into the hazard. Dropped, drilled a 3-wood onto the green and made a ridiculous putt. Started hitting it better when I practice Saturday as I got to see my swing on video and work on Trackman.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

All I can say is wow, and that's not a good wow. I played the worst round of the last 6 years for me. I am hoping it was due in part to the previous day being at the beach for 7 hours, drinking, and then the wife and I going out with a bunch of friends until 1am before golf the next morning.

Played a course I have played many times, and I always struggle on the tight, forced carry, water lined hole, but I pounded a driver, maybe the best of the year and was left with a wedge from 60 yards in. I stuck it with in 10 feet, barely missed the birdie and settled for par..great start right?

Myself and my very good friend were playing two other friends for lunch, and our other friends group for sides and total score, no high stakes, just fun, bragging rights and beer money.

I proceed (being an 18 handicap) of playing the first 4 holes par, bogie, bogie. par..then the wheels fall off. Driver quits, the mid irons are gone, and I 3 putt many, many times. Hey, on par 5s, I have 3 1 putt 8s..wow!! I shoot 111. 111, I haven't shot over 102 in 3 years..what a day.

Not discouraged, well maybe a little, I play for fun, and I did have fun, but sure would like to avoid a blow up like that ever again.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

We've got to get us Florida guys together 3jack - there are several of us floating a round - I see a day in the woods coming - I typically have Friday's off - lets try and find one before the rates go up!

Shot 71 in league yesterday afternoon - however the course was so wet that it was lift clean and place in the fairway which was very good seeing as though I hit 12 of them.

I feel fully back from the pneumonia - my irons were going their normal distances (not the driver because it was so wet but it was going plenty far enough with that new xcaliber shaft in it and straight as an arrow - can't wait until it dries out a bit and I can get a real sense of how far I hit it - I was at the top end of my normal distance on track man after I picked it up.) I have pretty serious goals for this season - they got side tracked when I got sick but the main one winning the senior division in the St. Pete City Am - is still there to be had - that's in October.

So the tale of the tape

12/14 fairways

14 GRI's

3/4 up and downs

31 putts (1 3 putt)

3 birdies, 2 bogeys, 13 pars

Ironically I had 6 txts as I was waiting on the 8th tee because a parishioner was having a baby - several of those had to be followed up on to get my deaconess to the hospital - I wasn't ready to play at all and seriously chunked my shot on that hole - only hit it 50 yards on a 180 yard par 3 - had it been dry I would have gone into a hazzard but was saved by the wet turf - hit a 9 iron to 10 feet and lipped out the putt bogey on that hole never hurts. You can hit some squirrely shots and still break par.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

My swing is officially gone. I don't know if I'm just burnt or what, but I can't put a good swing together to save my life. I'm dropping the club from so far inside that I'm hitting huge pushes or shanks and when I do occasionally get the face square, it's a huge hook. I played yesterday and had 13 bogies to 5 pars. I hit 2 fairways and only 3 greens; it was pathetic. My putting almost salvaged the round, but I had 8 lip outs. I'm going to go the range and work on coming over the top and slowly back it down, until I get back to hitting the 5yd draw that I've hit my whole life. I know this isn't the best way to do it, but at this point, I'd rather aim right and hit pulls into a green, than aiming at the green and not knowing where it's going.

They airated the greens Monday, putting surface was still quite bad. First 9 hole, I hit 9 GIR. Birdie the first hole, leave birdie putts inches from the lips on the next 7, and then 3 putt 9 to finish even par.:angry: I had time for 5 more holes, Hit 2 more GIR and one more birdie, so I am 1 under thinking, oh well, I will just be late I am going to finish the round before I go home. After I got my double bogey out of the hole I decided that 1 over after 15 was a good place to stop and went home only 10 minutes late for supper.

My iron play is awesome. Driver needs some work, but new shaft should be here today. But 11/15 greens is pretty good, and this is getting to be the norm. I may not be right at the stick but I am on the greens a lot.

In my opinion it is far better to be on the green than off - higher percentage of getting up and down from on the green almost no matter the distance (yes of course there are exceptions this is the general rule.) And I'm a reasonable chipper - extra types of grasses to handle on a hole create extra issues I think.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Crazy day at the office, so I decided to bail out on the run, and go walk 9 holes instead. Didn't feel like warming up, and figured I'd be racing the rain, so straight to the 1st. A bit of stretching and warm up swings while waiting for a father with his young son in front of me.

1 - 1w @ 262 to the beach, 8i from the sand to 50y out, LW to 12 feet, 2 putt for bogey.

2 - 1w @ 261 right edge, 2h @ 207, LW @ 68 (a little long for my target) to 25 feet, 2 putt for bogey.

3 - 1w @273 just right of center, 7i @ 146 a little right, and sitting about 23 yards short and right. LW to 16 feet, 2 putt for bogey.

4 - 6i off the toe into the water, penalty, 6i @ 168 to the right edge of the green, 2 putt for double bogey.

14 - 7i @ 178 5 yards left of center, 7i @ 172 to the left edge of the green, 2 putt for par.

15 - 2h @ 221 a little long sitting on in the deep rough on the far side of the dogleg right fairway, 8i @ 105 back into the the fairway, 8i @ 144 to the r18 feet, 2 putt for bogey.

16 - 3h @ 202, GW @ 101 2 yards right of the green, LW chip to 15 feet, 2 putt for bogey.

17 - GW @ 102 just short. Putt from the rough to about 8 feet. lip out the putt, put backer from abour 4 inches for bogey.

18 - 1w @ 258, PW @ 122 to 22 feet, 3 putt dammit for bogey.

So in the end, 1 par, 1 double, 7 bogeys. 3 GIR, 5 FW, 19 putts. 9 over for 9 holes. 18.5 index. 85 minutes (and I beat the ran home by about 15 minutes). Walked in the door and the wife had home made stuffed shells, garlic bread and caesar salad on the table with a SweetWater 420 IPA just set on the table.

What a great way to end a crazy day.

WITB
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

I was expecting my MP FLI HI 2 iron this evening. It does not have the proper shaft. After much contemplation I decided to swap the C Tapers I had in the Hogans for the X100s in the MP62's. This was primarily because I had could put the 3 and 4 iron shafts in the 2 and 4 iron FLI HI.

A note about the C Tapers XS. When I first tried these in these heads a couple of months ago. I was moving from Dynalite Regular Flex. These felt like fire place pokers, and I was a bit underwhelmed and liked them in the Hogans better. So this morning I changed these over to the Mizzies. Then this evening at 5:15 UPS dropped off the 2 iron, I unwrapped it stuck it in the bag and went out the door.

This had a Rifle 5.5 in it, but shaft changing can take place after dark. So I rushed out on the course, and hit a 2 iron every chance I could get. 7 times and all of them good shots. On one par 5 I hit 2 iron, 2 iron 4 foot eagle putt. Great head but the shaft was not good for me. And the epoxy is drying on the 2 iron with the C Taper shaft.

But this is about how I played not necessarily the FLI HI and C Taper.

Well, OMG. I shot a lifetime low on 9 holes. One eagle, three birdies, 5 pars. Yes, that total a 5 under 31. Had I not told my wife I would be home with dinner after 9 holes I would have gone 18. But I have an 8 am tee time tomorrow. Oh, I never came close to a bogey. I did not hit every green, but on the holes that I did not hit the green, I chipped well. My longest putt for par was 3 feet. And I had a couple of birdie putts lip out. These irons are really really something.

Had a nice round yesterday...an even 80 ( 9 over for the course). Hot front 9 (2 over 38 with a couple of lipped putts and one wimpy 4' effort to save par on 9) - included a birdie after hitting into a fairway bunker. Clipped a nice 6 iron from 155 out of the sand to about 12 feet.

Back 9 started out as though the wheels were coming off. Hooked a drive on 10 into the weeds. 2nd shot was still in the weeds, 3rd shot advanced to the edge of the weeds. 4th shot was a 30 yard flop to 2 feet to save bogie (whew!). DB'd 11 from the middle of the fairway, TB'd 13 from the middle of the fairway, bogeyed the par 3 14th from the sand....and then parred in the rest of the way, making use of a 30 yard low-spinner on 18 that I learned from a video jmiller posted.

34 putts, 10 GIR's, 8 FW's hit, a few up n' downs...and the round had potential to be better. Can't wait for Sunday!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

The course took its revenge from yesterday. Yesterday I was 5 under for 9 holes today I was 5 over for EACH 9. However, I knew at 5:38 am that I was not going to have a particularly good day. Woke with severe back pain and took drugs, but never loosened up. Distance was way way down. Yesterday, I hit 2 iron/2 iron on a par 5 and today I hit driver/2 iron/7 iron. I thought I was getting hot on the back nine and started with three birdies but double bogied the next two to make up for it. Including the hole I eagled yesterday. Four more strokes on the same hole.

The course took its revendge from yesterday. Yesterday I was 5 under for 9 holes today I was 5 over for EACH 9. However, I knew at 5:38 am that I was not going to have a particularly good day. Woke with severe back pain and took drugs, but never loosened up. Distance was way way down. Yesterday, I hit 2 iron/2 iron on a par 5 and today I hit driver/2 iron/7 iron. I thought I was getting hot on the back nine and started with three birdies but double bogied the next two to make up for it. Including the hole I eagled yesterday. Four more strokes on the same hole.

Ouch! hope the back loosens up. Nothing worse than back pain.

WITB
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

The course took its revenge from yesterday. Yesterday I was 5 under for 9 holes today I was 5 over for EACH 9. However, I knew at 5:38 am that I was not going to have a particularly good day. Woke with severe back pain and took drugs, but never loosened up. Distance was way way down. Yesterday, I hit 2 iron/2 iron on a par 5 and today I hit driver/2 iron/7 iron. I thought I was getting hot on the back nine and started with three birdies but double bogied the next two to make up for it. Including the hole I eagled yesterday. Four more strokes on the same hole.

It's a crazy game that we play! Good luck with the back.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"