Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 hour ago, edingc said:

I watched the TXG video with Matt and Gareth last night and went back to the GW today for some sort game work too. Worked really well.

Nice round!

THanks.  I saw the video also and am using it for more that just pitches/chips around the green.  It is becoming my distance wedge for  shots inside of 100.  I seem to make better contact that with the 54. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

21 minutes ago, cnosil said:

THanks.  I saw the video also and am using it for more that just pitches/chips around the green.  It is becoming my distance wedge for  shots inside of 100.  I seem to make better contact that with the 54. 

The GW has always been my go to club. 100 and in including chips and pitches. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I shot the worst round I've had in a while playing a full set of clubs. The reason I say that is I've played a couple of irons only rounds that went sideways, but I don't worry too much with scoring during those rounds.
The ugly:
56 (+20) 9 holes
1 fairway
1 green
23 putts
5 three putts
Today was the second go in the MyGolfSpy 2020 Hard Rock Challenge and I don't think it's going to bring home the gold. My driver was not my friend today, hitting pop ups, worm burners, and having me shout "fore left!". The putter was great from 20-40 feet, but once I got close the wheels came off. My wedge game was not sharp and I duffed way too many. 
The good:
I did have the best iron striking day of my life, they weren't always the most accurate but I only bladed two shots and had zero chunks. If I can have a day where the rest of my game is just normal with irons like that, I might be able to score in the mid 80's. I figured the driver out on the last couple of holes by weakening my grip to tame the left miss. That's the beauty of this game, I feel like I'm always learning, analyzing, and making the adjustments on the fly. 

Well the good news you don’t “chunk” anymore
Now just shake off the bad stuff and you’re a single digit golfer

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

40 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I hope this was just an aberration. I would hate to see you have to change your name! 🤣

33 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Well the good news you don’t “chunk” anymore emoji33.png
Now just shake off the bad stuff and you’re a single digit golferemoji106.png

I think my clubs were confused because I loaded them differently in my trunk and had the rain cover on. Once they figure out the ruse, they'll be back to their old tricks.

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

I shot the worst round I've had in a while playing a full set of clubs. The reason I say that is I've played a couple of irons only rounds that went sideways, but I don't worry too much with scoring during those rounds.

The ugly:

56 (+20) 9 holes

1 fairway

1 green

23 putts

5 three putts 😱

Today was the second go in the MyGolfSpy 2020 Hard Rock Challenge and I don't think it's going to bring home the gold. My driver was not my friend today, hitting pop ups, worm burners, and having me shout "fore left!". The putter was great from 20-40 feet, but once I got close the wheels came off. My wedge game was not sharp and I duffed way too many. 

The good:

I did have the best iron striking day of my life, they weren't always the most accurate but I only bladed two shots and had zero chunks. If I can have a day where the rest of my game is just normal with irons like that, I might be able to score in the mid 80's. I figured the driver out on the last couple of holes by weakening my grip to tame the left miss. That's the beauty of this game, I feel like I'm always learning, analyzing, and making the adjustments on the fly. 

It was the ball... blame the ball!!   Get rid of the rock!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

... Frustrating day on the golf course. Played 11 holes and my ZIP Navigator just stopped working. Electronics failed to respond to the remote or manual commands. I had to move the wheels to the free rolling position, which is still tough to roll, and push it back to the clubhouse. I was even par after only missing one fairway and hitting my driver as well as I have all season, even in the 20 mph winds. Thankfully I bought my ZIP last August so it should still be under warranty but I have no idea how long it will take to be fixed, where I have to take/ship it or if I have to pay for freight shipping, which ain't cheap. I am well aware of the many problems going on in this country right now and not having a remote golf cart working properly is faaaaaar down that list. But it still sucks. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

My wife makes our tee times... I just want to know when we have to be at the club.  Yesterday, she said we were playing with another couple at 9:15.  We show up at 7:45 so I can stretch and warm up.  She gets the cart and returns to the car so we can load up our bags.  Our tee time was 7:34 and the couple we were to play with was on the #1 green, headed to #2 tee.  We drove out to #2 and met them in the middle of the fairway, where we dropped a ball.  Made a "bogey" from there, then got a triple on the next hole.  Didn't start hitting the ball well until #5 although I scrambled for par on #4.  Ended up +6 on the front, then preceded to make 2 doubles and a bogey on the back nine for an 83.  I guess I can't just show up and play like I did when I was younger...not old!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

19 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Frustrating day on the golf course. Played 11 holes and my ZIP Navigator just stopped working. Electronics failed to respond to the remote or manual commands. I had to move the wheels to the free rolling position, which is still tough to roll, and push it back to the clubhouse. I was even par after only missing one fairway and hitting my driver as well as I have all season, even in the 20 mph winds. Thankfully I bought my ZIP last August so it should still be under warranty but I have no idea how long it will take to be fixed, where I have to take/ship it or if I have to pay for freight shipping, which ain't cheap. I am well aware of the many problems going on in this country right now and not having a remote golf cart working properly is faaaaaar down that list. But it still sucks. 

Man I hate to hear that! Bought mine about 2 months ago and love it. Hopefully you will receive good customer service and things will work out quickly. Good Luck.....

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

18 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

My wife makes our tee times... I just want to know when we have to be at the club.  Yesterday, she said we were playing with another couple at 9:15.  We show up at 7:45 so I can stretch and warm up.  She gets the cart and returns to the car so we can load up our bags.  Our tee time was 7:34 and the couple we were to play with was on the #1 green, headed to #2 tee.  We drove out to #2 and met them in the middle of the fairway, where we dropped a ball.  Made a "bogey" from there, then got a triple on the next hole.  Didn't start hitting the ball well until #5 although I scrambled for par on #4.  Ended up +6 on the front, then preceded to make 2 doubles and a bogey on the back nine for an 83.  I guess I can't just show up and play like I did when I was younger...not old!

Just blame the wife!

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

19 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I guess I can't just show up and play like I did when I was younger...not old!

Nahh, I do it all the time and I'm no spring chicken. No warm up. Get to the first tee and swing away. I'm usually the first one off on Sunday morning. If I see someone else in the parking lot, I high tail it to the tee box. I play 18 in 2 hours and 10 minutes. Hate getting behind someone, even if they are by themselves. Obviously I play quick. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

17 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

Man I hate to hear that! Bought mine about 2 months ago and love it. Hopefully you will receive good customer service and things will work out quickly. Good Luck.....

... Thanks, I bought it last August and it has been trouble free until today. I'll let ya know how it works out, although service has already contacted me... on a Sunday! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Thanks, I bought it last August and it has been trouble free until today. I'll let ya know how it works out, although service has already contacted me... on a Sunday! 

That’s impressive. Hopefully they have a quick solution for you. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Nahh, I do it all the time and I'm no spring chicken. No warm up. Get to the first tee and swing away. I'm usually the first one off on Sunday morning. If I see someone else in the parking lot, I high tail it to the tee box. I play 18 in 2 hours and 10 minutes. Hate getting behind someone, even if they are by themselves. Obviously I play quick. 

Quick??  What's that?  Wait until you're 73. Nothing is quick in your 70's... don't want to be a statistic!!  🤣

image001.jpeg.013d3c686ab91b67781328271f7e5f30.jpeg

Played the White Tees today just got the challenge....5900 yds vs 5200 yds. Shot 44/45:89. My goal was to break 90....did that!

Foz, I’m at the white tees not sure how much longer. Maybe when I turn 75 in a year I’ll move up .

Rick

Left Hand, 

47 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Foz, I’m at the white tees not sure how much longer. Maybe when I turn 75 in a year I’ll move up .

Why can't we have senior ladies tees?!!

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

We do. They’re called “Friendly Tees”.

Rick

Left Hand, 

9 hours ago, Rickp said:

The "rule" at my club is:  "When Age + Handicap = 90, you can move up to the senior tees."

We have a guy at our club who was a club pro.  He's 94 now and plays in the gangsome from the Forward tees.  He gets a pop on every hole; some holes two pops.  Last year he got a Hole-in-One on the par 3 #17...  NET ZERO.

9 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

Our club does 😉  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

3 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Our club does 😉  

Where? I can't talk my club into even listening.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

3 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

Rogue Valley Country Club, Medford OR.   We have Black (championship), Gold (regular), Blue ( senior), White (forward), and Red tees(even more forward).  Most women play the white tees, but some will play the red tees.  The red tees are relatively new.  Our scorecard and course rating also defines a Gold/Blue combo, a Blue/White combo, and a White/Red combo.  Our course has 27 holes, although not all #9 end at the clubhouse.  The inside 9 also has green tees, which are set up for a 9 hole par 3 setup.

If you play at a muni, you'll likely have a difficult time getting new tees.  If you play at a private club or a semi-private golf club, you can maybe get a petition going from the members to drive the issue.  The red tees that we now have came about as a result of the senior women looking to play a shorter course.  The older senior men love those tees, as well!  😄  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Tonight is league play so hoping for different results on the back 9 then the last few times I've played this side.

But last round I played was interesting: opened with double, bogey, triple, double. Then went bogey par bogey par par finish on the front. Good enough for a 46 and a heck of a rally.

The back 9 was cartoonish levels of bad.  Ended up with a 53 for a 99. My drives went all over the place including one in a bunker and two in the water. Hit an iron OOB and one into a creek. Just a complete disaster. My guess is my energy levels lagged and I ran out of steam. Not sure, but more range time for sure today.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

The "rule" at my club is:  "When Age + Handicap = 90, you can move up to the senior tees."
We have a guy at our club who was a club pro.  He's 94 now and plays in the gangsome from the Forward tees.  He gets a pop on every hole; some holes two pops.  Last year he got a Hole-in-One on the par 3 #17...  NET ZERO.

That guy is my Hero!

Rick

Left Hand, 

... It would be really nice if courses came up with a new color for the most forward tees. One of our muni's replaced Red tees with Green tees and sure enough some senior men moved up to the "forward" tees when they would not play "ladies" tees, even though they are in the exact same spot. Gold, Silver or really any color other than Red. I also thought Red was kind of insulting to women anyway, as better women players played longer tees. Several years ago I played with a guy that said to one woman playing our tees "Impressive you don't play from the tees meant for you" LOL, she just smiled and said nothing while whopping his a$$. 

Interesting about the color. There are no Red Tees, maybe whoever set the Tee Box design had the “Red Tee” stigma in mind.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Surprised their not listening. Even the course I played in CT put in Senior Ladies Tees right B4 I left.

Rick

Left Hand,