TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Sorry I forgot to post about the 15 that I shot on Friday.  I walked into the clubhouse to pay and the assistant pro told to me not to bother, he was thinking that 5 holes were my over/under.  He was coming to take us off the course when we were approaching the 4th green - we made it in just before the down pour.

You have to love Florida in the rainy season.

Right.......

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

After a self imposed C19 week of no play I’m looking forward to Tuesday.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I'm not sure how to describe the round today. Different comes to mind, so does demoralising...I shot a 90 with a 49/41. I figured out what I was doing wrong on Friday and the front 9 today after about 7 or so holes...standing too close to the ball. 5 pars on the back helped a lot. Now I need to remember this when I play next week.

The best hole was the par 5 #16. Took a pearl of wisdom from @MaxEntropy and tried to get as close to the hole as possible on my second shot. Hit my 3 wood 220 to leave 43 yards to the middle, pitched up with my 50° and 2 putted for par.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

39/44: 83    5 FW, 10 GIR, 33 putts.  a few things attributed to this score;  100* temps (ran out of gas on the back), double on the front, and a quad on the back due to some really bad pitch shots.    

Tee shots were a struggle today;  hit a lot of shots right and the double came on a topped tee shot (lost ball).   I also had 4 3 putts (30', 45', 27', and 35').  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

37/41 after finally finding some semblance of a swing and good rhythm. Could have been lower if not for a couple bad breaks early on the back 9 and a few birdie putts throughout the round that took a peek at hole as the rolled a foot or so by it.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

4 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I played another round today in the MGS Hard Rock Challenge sporting a Nitro ball and a shiny new Cobra F9 5 wood. 20200717_191808-01.jpeg.274dd0d10c09c77d5096390fddf2e034.jpeg

I decided to start my round by hitting it off the tee and I think I'm in love. I hit it a half ball on the toe side and it just rocketed off the face. I did go left of the fairway and had to it a knockdown as my second shot but I don't care, for my first swing with it I was impressed.

Screenshot_20200719-192533-01.jpeg.ac735b16096c4dc1915244cf5a4d3200.jpeg

I hit it off the tee a few more times and didn't quite get the same results, that happens when you top it or hit it where the hosel would be in an iron. It was great off the fairway, too.

Shot 51 with 4 fairways, 1 green, and 21 putts. My driver, wedges, and putter were off but the irons were still performing. I'm surprised, I decided to take the Atomics out of the bag to put my Arccos sensors on the Wilson irons for data purposes and played today with my Cobra F8's. 

Little work to get the face but sounds like overall you’ll enjoy it!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Little work to get the face but sounds like overall you’ll enjoy it!

I'm loving it so far, I've got to figure out where it goes in my stance of the tee and I'll be one happy camper. Off the fairway, it's already showing more consistency and forgiveness than my 3 wood. 

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm loving it so far, I've got to figure out where it goes in my stance of the tee and I'll be one happy camper. Off the fairway, it's already showing more consistency and forgiveness than my 3 wood. 

Where have you played it so far? I have not played a wood in years and my next round will be interesting. Will most likely play a 2nd ball in a few holes just to get a feel and stance because I have no clue lol

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

Day 2 of our Chapman mixed tournament.  My playing partner and I just didn't ham and egg it too well today.  Sadly, we each left one another with impossible shots here and there.  On one of the par 3 holes, she hit a great shot, but it rolled thru the green and into the back bunker.  I wasn't too worried about the sand until we got to the green and I saw where it lay smack dab against the back wall, giving me zero chance of hitting the ball anywhere but sideways.  My driver was ill behaved today and I hit some real stinkers.  But the worst part was missing a 1 foot  par putt.  We shot 39/44 today to come in with a NET 72.  We obviously didn't place in the money zone.  But we had fun!

EDIT:  I was wrong.  Just found out that our 6 man team (flight A,B,C) placed 3rd net for $10 per person....pro shop credit.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Where have you played it so far? I have not played a wood in years and my next round will be interesting. Will most likely play a 2nd ball in a few holes just to get a feel and stance because I have no clue lol

I try to play it about a ball, ball and a half in front of center. My biggest problem is when I go to make the shot, my back leg has a tendency to subconsciously move back. I've really got to focus to keep it where I intend to. If the ball is too far forward, I tend to top it. 

8 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I try to play it about a ball, ball and a half in front of center. My biggest problem is when I go to make the shot, my back leg has a tendency to subconsciously move back. I've really got to focus to keep it where I intend to. If the ball is too far forward, I tend to top it. 

Hybrid for me is middle same with a majority of the irons. Sounds like a good spot will definitely need to play around with it

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

Hybrid for me is middle same with a majority of the irons. Sounds like a good spot will definitely need to play around with it

Modern woods seem to play closer to irons and hybrids than the fairways I started with. With them you had to sweep them and now I believe they are more accepting to be hit slightly down on. 

10 minutes ago, chisag said:

... A really good idea is playing a round with no driver. Play your lowest lofted fairway wood off the tee and you will probably have at least 4 more chances to use it on par 5's. I did this by accident about 10 years ago when I re-gripped my driver and forgot to put it in my bag, and was surprised by the results. So now I do it a couple of times every season to remind me of how good (and sometimes smart) a 3/4/5 wood can be off the tee once you have confidence in it. 

I like that idea, may have to give it a go sometime. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

... A really good idea is playing a round with no driver. Play your lowest lofted fairway wood off the tee and you will probably have at least 4 more chances to use it on par 5's. I did this by accident about 10 years ago when I re-gripped my driver and forgot to put it in my bag, and was surprised by the results. So now I do it a couple of times every season to remind me of how good (and sometimes smart) a 3/4/5 wood can be off the tee once you have confidence in it. 

I have done what you suggest after my shoulder surgery, played better than I am now.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Yesterday I went out for a quick walking 9 at the executive course down the street.  This is a great course to put the PTx Hogan Combo irons through the paces and gave me a chance to play a course where I can leave the woods at home.  I wasn't playing for a score as I really wanted to just focus on yardages and hitting some fun and creative shots on a fairly vacant course.  At the end of the day, 6 pars, 2 bogeys and 1 birdie.

I am digging these new PTx Hogan Combo irons.  

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Drove the ball exceptional well,  new Ping 410 LST is the real deal, fairway finder all day. Terrible job out of the bunkers, really need to work  on that. Irons play was really good, results didn't show but the way they were stroke , is what I need to keep remembering . Putting was ok,  2  - 3 Putts that really hurt, aiming was not good, missing on the wrong sides.

I have been contemplating taking clubs out the bag and only having the ones i used on a regular basis, and just focus on those. This will force me into some specific yardages and be more consistent with those clubs.

Going to put that in place next weekend see how that works out.
Driver
3 Woord
4 Hybrid
6 - PW Irons
56 - 60 Wedges
Putter of course.

image.png.9b4e93982ecccb4bbaa39eba541c8f9b.png

Edited by MrBandit

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

14 hours ago, Lacassem said:

I have always play Hybrid in the middle, consistency and trajectory.

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

Snuck out for a quick 9 on Friday afternoon, hit some very pure iron shots.  Driver got a little wild and I'm still dialing in the new putter.  Didn't keep score thankfully, just focused on ball striking and short game

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Taylor Made 300 Mini 11.5º w/ Fuji Ventus TR Red

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil

Irons (6-43º): Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

Played another Hard Rock Challenge round today, because a bad day off golf is better than a good day of work and it was a bad day of golf.

51 with 2 fairways hit, 0 greens, and 19 putts.

The fairway number is deceiving because most of the misses were no more than five yards into the rough, except the one on 6....we're not talking about the duck hook I hit there. Nope, didn't happen. 

I was playing good +7 through 5 and then I got a case of the shanks with the wedges. Couple that with the 8 on the par 4 7th and the wheels fell off. 

The Cobra F9 5 wood continues to impress, @chisag I'm loving the Atmos Blue shaft, it's so smooth. I love it so much I'm having to fight the temptation to buy the 3 wood. It's close to the center of the face more often than not and it just launches the ball. 

My shot of the day came on 5. I hit a decent drive and left myself 162 out from the green, hit a smooth 6 iron that landed short of the green...and then proceeded to roll off the back into an almost high lipped bunker of rough. 20200720_143438-01.jpeg.5512f6332d3119539bccb5ce0780628d.jpeg

I opened up the 56 and played an almost perfect accidental bump and run to 8 feet. I missed the par putt, but was still happy with the bogey.

6 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Played another Hard Rock Challenge round today, because a bad day off golf is better than a good day of work and it was a bad day of golf.

51 with 2 fairways hit, 0 greens, and 19 putts.

The fairway number is deceiving because most of the misses were no more than five yards into the rough, except the one on 6....we're not talking about the duck hook I hit there. Nope, didn't happen. 

I was playing good +7 through 5 and then I got a case of the shanks with the wedges. Couple that with the 8 on the par 4 7th and the wheels fell off. 

The Cobra F9 5 wood continues to impress, @chisag I'm loving the Atmos Blue shaft, it's so smooth. I love it so much I'm having to fight the temptation to buy the 3 wood. It's close to the center of the face more often than not and it just launches the ball. 

My shot of the day came on 5. I hit a decent drive and left myself 162 out from the green, hit a smooth 6 iron that landed short of the green...and then proceeded to roll off the back into an almost high lipped bunker of rough. 20200720_143438-01.jpeg.5512f6332d3119539bccb5ce0780628d.jpeg

I opened up the 56 and played an almost perfect accidental bump and run to 8 feet. I missed the par putt, but was still happy with the bogey.

0 greens just brutal. Are you debating going off the tee until you find a rhythm with the F9? Seems like you’re finding some groove with it?

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

4 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

0 greens just brutal. Are you debating going off the tee until you find a rhythm with the F9? Seems like you’re finding some groove with it?

I put the driver in the bag and left it there for the last 2 holes. Right now I'm hitting shots with the F9 as far as the driver with better accuracy. I think I'm going to keep hitting the 5 wood off the tee for a while until I can figure out better contact with the driver. I have zero confidence with it right now. 

I'm used to not hitting greens with regularity, but to hit none is disheartening. I usually make up for it with the short game and try to play with the mental approach of bogey golf. I want to be on in three on a par 4, for example. It's hard to do that with the way I'm hitting driver right now. 

9 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I put the driver in the bag and left it there for the last 2 holes. Right now I'm hitting shots with the F9 as far as the driver with better accuracy. I think I'm going to keep hitting the 5 wood off the tee for a while until I can figure out better contact with the driver. I have zero confidence with it right now. 

I'm used to not hitting greens with regularity, but to hit none is disheartening. I usually make up for it with the short game and try to play with the mental approach of bogey golf. I want to be on in three on a par 4, for example. It's hard to do that with the way I'm hitting driver right now. 

I used to have zero confidence off the tee with driver and snap hook everything. Kept playing with driver and eventually figured out a minor issue that caused major problems. Solved the minor issue and then driver became a weapon for me. Think i recently hit like 12 fairways one round. If I left the driver in the bag at the time I had zero confidence, i would have never figured out the issue and would have never saw the improvement. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

On 7/18/2020 at 10:48 AM, Jmikecpa said:

Shot 74, gave the reigning club champ 2 shots and lost 2&1. You guessed it, lost the two holes I gave a shot with gross birdie and par. Overall played well with my rebuilt swing under pressure and only up from here. Drove it really well, hit my irons pure, good short game and an okay putter. With that combo I am a bit dangerous when the giving shots BS in a Championship Flight goes away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The championship flight is NET???

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."