Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

14 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I used to have zero confidence off the tee with driver and snap hook everything. Kept playing with driver and eventually figured out a minor issue that caused major problems. Solved the minor issue and then driver became a weapon for me. Think i recently hit like 12 fairways one round. If I left the driver in the bag at the time I had zero confidence, i would have never figured out the issue and would have never saw the improvement. 

I appreciate the encouragement! I think I just need to quiet my mind with driver in hand, I have so many thoughts going through my brain and most of them are "don't hook it!". I need to get to the range and work on just letting it rip without fear of a bad hit and focus on what works and get the confidence back. 

Played yesterday and really struggled with anything longer than a 8 iron. I every swing produced a big high looping hook....not sure exactly what was causing my struggles...need to get on a monitor and do some work.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

The championship flight is NET???

For this event yes it is which is complete BS. All champ flights for individual play should be gross regardless of the event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

- 40/44 = 84 / 83 ESC (+12)
- 5/15 FIR
- 9/18 GIR (1 birdie)
- 36 Putts (3 3-putts, 12 2-putts, 3 1-putts)

Put up a reasonably good score considering the three three-putts and also that I put two triple bogies on the card. Hit ball OB left off tee on No. 13 and then hit what should have been an easy layup shot into the water on No. 14, and those ultimately killed the score.

Just need remove the really bad holes now. Two of the three-putts were on par 3s after hitting the green, too. 

So close to clicking. I can feel it. (Famous last words...)

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

The brain doesn't understand the "negative".  When your thought is "don't hook it", your brain hears "hook it" and will do what it can to aid your hook.  So, your thought should be, "don't hit the middle of the fairway", but "hit the middle of the fairway" is just as good, and a more positive thought.  🤣  

Hope you get the driver worked out.  It really is a club that can make a positive difference in your score.

I'll give that a go the next round! I think a lot of the time I get so hung up on the negative and trying to avoid it and I need to remember I don't do this for a living and am just out there to have fun. Golf is such a great way to relax and take the mind off all the craziness and negativity that rears its ugly head in a daily basis. Thank you, sir for the sage advice. 

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'll give that a go the next round! I think a lot of the time I get so hung up on the negative and trying to avoid it and I need to remember I don't do this for a living and am just out there to have fun. Golf is such a great way to relax and take the mind off all the craziness and negativity that rears its ugly head in a daily basis. Thank you, sir for the sage advice. 

616721490_GolfMind.jpg.af827efb5f82804cd8eec98d7d9520e1.jpg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 7/20/2020 at 7:26 AM, PMookie said:

Probably played my last round at our public course for the foreseeable future. The greens were horrible, half of the holes didn’t have the rough cut in what appears to be weeks, and they’ve pretty much killed 3 greens. Post-round, a couple groups of guys that play out there frequently sat in carts under a big oak and talked about how frustrating it is to play there anymore. 
We all pretty much came to the conclusion that it’s up to our newly elected Mayor to do something. We talked about getting a group of us to attend a city council meeting to start griping to see if we can enact some change. 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Mayors and City Councils look at $$$. And there is major budgetary pressure now....

My $0.02 ... If you do this, I suggest your group formulate some ideas on how to show the course can potentially be at least revenue-neutral to the city (ie. Not a cost item).

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

The brain doesn't understand the "negative".  When your thought is "don't hook it", your brain hears "hook it" and will do what it can to aid your hook.  So, your thought should be, "don't hit the middle of the fairway", but "hit the middle of the fairway" is just as good, and a more positive thought.  🤣  

Hope you get the driver worked out.  It really is a club that can make a positive difference in your score.

I have the problem of thinking, don't hit a push fade right. Then what comes next is a huge pull lol.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

58 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Golf is hard! I would caution those thinking the body is a source of power, that turning your body and using it to power the golf ball is equally if not more disastrous than lifting and not turning. A pitcher uses his fingers, hands, wrists and bending at the elbows to throw a 95 mph fastball. But he has to use his body to coil/uncoil and put his fingers, hands, wrists and elbows in a position to create speed. That said, the body is a support for the arms and the movement of the club, not an active power source. Just look at an Iron Byron and there is no movement of the trunk, just a whip from the hinging and unhinging of the elbow and wrists joints of the machine.

... We are not machines of course and our body and arms/wrists must work together for an effective and powerful swing. It is so easy to over use the arms/hands OR the body.  If I were forced to chose, I would say over active hands/arms are better than an over active body. I see so many poor players on courses practically lunging at the ball, thrusting their whole body at the ball and hitting weak and inconsistent shots. I can stand with my feet together using no hip movement and simply cock and unlock my wrists and hit decent golf shots, although they will lack some power. Otoh turning my body and using it to power the ball with little hinging and unhinging of my wrists/arms I can't hit consistent anything and have even less power than just using my arms/hands. 

... What many go through is a series of not using their body enough to using it too much because as you said cksurfdude "golf is hard". When swinging well it doesn't seem like you are using any body part more than another because everything is in sync. More often than not, the body is the culprit not the arms and hands. So that's great you are now using your body as a support for your swing and you are obviously under he watchful eye of an instructor. 👍  But for others reading this, just remember the body supports the golf swing and a proper turn is a necessary component of a good golf swing, but it does not power the golf swing. Power comes from not flipping (another lesson subject) but releasing the shaft angle and club head through impact. 

Honestly some of the most insightful posts the last 2 I have seen from you here. So much resonates with these and I don’t think I could word it like you do, good stuff @chisag

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

25 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Honestly some of the most insightful posts the last 2 I have seen from you here. So much resonates with these and I don’t think I could word it like you do, good stuff @chisag

I was thinking the exact same thing and was going to post the same;  but I will just respond to yours and say @chisag basically summed up golf in those two posts.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

I was thinking the exact same thing and was going to post the same;  but I will just respond to yours and say @chisag basically summed up golf in those two posts.  

Bingo

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

Tonight was league night;  shot 4 over for the 9 holes.  5 fairways, 7 greens and 20 putts.  The two 3 putts were from 30' and 75'.   Overall pretty happy with the round.  I'll will sum up my putting thoughts in the Exputt thread.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

Tonight was league night;  shot 4 over for the 9 holes.  5 fairways, 7 greens and 20 putts.  The two 3 putts were from 30' and 75'.   Overall pretty happy with the round.  I'll will sum up my putting thoughts in the Exputt thread.  

We’re the lag putts close for the downtown ones or still had a lot of work after the 1st one?

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

30 minutes ago, chisag said:

When swinging well it doesn't seem like you are using any body part more than another because everything is in sync.

Ahhhh that magic and very elusive effortless swing..!

Appreciate, as always, your insightful and erudite commentary!! For me in particular, when I use too much arms & hands relative to body I get, uhhh, "strong fades" 🤪 and high slices. So working working working to find that balanced in-sync movement.........

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

1 minute ago, cksurfdude said:

Ahhhh that magic and very elusive effortless swing..!

Appreciate, as always, your insightful and erudite commentary!! For me in particular, when I use too much arms & hands relative to body I get, uhhh, "strong fades" 🤪 and high slices. So working working working to find that balanced in-sync movement.........

I am in this boat as well, my what I call “lazy swing” happens once a round usually and I have to talk to myself. All arms and wrists....

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

26 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

We’re the lag putts close for the downtown ones or still had a lot of work after the 1st one?

Just posted in the ExPutt thread,  but they had a bit of work left.

My Tuesday game changed courses due to punching the greens at Plantation Palms so we played at my home course, Pebble Creek. I s*** a 42/42:84 with one birdie on the par 3 #12. Did not feel like I was playing very well but guess I was. Had three 3 putts and a quad putt! Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

New course I have never played before, 3 strangers that knew each other well. Great round with a great bunch of dudes. They were all members and we teed off at 8:36. I dropped off a friend for surgery at the hospital and checked out the local courses in the area while I waited 4 hours. I was very pleasantly surprised. I had heard good things about this course and I was not disappointed. Amazing condition, the greens were very shapely and very fast the fairways were in great shape and the tee boxes we super nice. I shot a 45 from the whites and was pretty happy with myself. I wish I had time to finish 18. Storey Creek Golf Club on Vancouver Island if you want to google it. Its one of the nicest courses I have played on the island and the price tag wasn't too bad either for prime rates.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I now ask myself questions to activate my brain more. Thinking positive and seeing the shot in my head doesn't always work. I try to ask myself things like, If I do this what will the ball flight be? How much to carry the hazard? (pick the right club) For some reason asking myself questions changes what's happening in my brain and I tend to think less about the swing mechanics and let my body do what it naturally wants. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

If you've been following the SuperSpeed thread, you know I am making a concerted effort to increase the speed of my backswing to help increase total speed. I just started that effort over the last two sessions. I had my concerns about what would happen on the course, since tempo is usually a struggle for me. It worked out pretty well. Arccos driving handicap was the lowest it's ever been, granted 17.4 has room for improvement. I only hit 1 FIR, but there was only 1 bad miss and nothing resembling a high flare. Everything else was playable with a reasonable shot at the green. Irons weren't terribly crisp, though, and chipping sucked. I still ended up +6 for the day.
Oh yeah, I rented this tonight. What a hoot. 
20200721_163913.jpg.fb2feaf58d0cd62efb89f10925b6ecf5.jpg
That's my opponent checking out my ride.

Definitely intimidated him

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

11 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

If you've been following the SuperSpeed thread, you know I am making a concerted effort to increase the speed of my backswing to help increase total speed. I just started that effort over the last two sessions. I had my concerns about what would happen on the course, since tempo is usually a struggle for me. It worked out pretty well. Arccos driving handicap was the lowest it's ever been, granted 17.4 has room for improvement. I only hit 1 FIR, but there was only 1 bad miss and nothing resembling a high flare. Everything else was playable with a reasonable shot at the green. Irons weren't terribly crisp, though, and chipping sucked. I still ended up +6 for the day.

Oh yeah, I rented this tonight. What a hoot. 

20200721_163913.jpg.fb2feaf58d0cd62efb89f10925b6ecf5.jpg

That's my opponent checking out my ride.

Two questions. How fast did you get it going and did you fall off or crash?

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

38 minutes ago, MattF said:

Two questions. How fast did you get it going and did you fall off or crash?

I got it up to top speed frequently. The innerwebs says the top speed is 15 mph, about the same as typical carts, but it seemed quicker to me. Many in our league use carts, but last night everyone but me was a walker, so there could be no racing.

No crashes or falls, sorry if that disappoints you. 🤣

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges