Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

5 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Congratulations on a PB!!  It will come easier next time.

Thanks Kenny!

Next tournament is Aug 16th... have 1 training session before that and let's see how it goes!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

8 hours ago, cnosil said:

Downward spirals happen.  Tough not to get down and want to walk off the course.  Step back and enjoy the fact that you can be outside and just wait for the game to turn around.

That's the thought I need to keep in the forefront of my mind. It's truly a blessing to be able to get out and enjoy nature and time on the course. I appreciate the encouragement!

7 hours ago, Rickp said:

Bad rounds happen to everyone at every level. Keep plugging, playing and practicing and you’ll be back and getting better. Plus you have your #1 Caddie riding w youemoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I need to get her back out there, she's been staying at home the last couple of weeks. She keeps me grounded and is just fun to have around. 

Why do I expect good scores during a swing change? (It's a rhetorical question) Shot a 94 in the wind and drizzle yesterday. I'm happy to say that my case of the 90° rights are pretty much gone, I just have to get adjusted to the new swing and I should see my scores start dropping.  

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Stilling trying to get my handicap down to 5. Friday non-handicap bounce game 73 net 66 putting really well, 4 good birdies. Saturday handicap counter 77 net 70 for 0.2 cut. Never holed a putt had 4 good birdie opportunity from 5 to 6 feet. Back to 6.9.

image.png.0bbd12c0f68b4a48ac76a2b9a999e30b.png

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Struggling with pull hooks right now, I guess I need to schedule a lesson to see what I’m doing....I can pull hook a damn pitching wedge right now

46-48 for an ugly 94

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Ball striking was superb today! Putting was extremely cold. That sums it up lol. I holed out from 108 for eagle on hole 1. Had a few 300 yard drives, and found all but 2 fairways. Hit half the greens in reg. But I burnt 6 edges and had two terrible 3 putts. 

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

Was an interesting round today. Driver swing is missing in action. Started hitting pulls and hooks. Usually a setup or grip issue for me, so its fixable.

Iron swing showed up. Made a small feel change and it was like a miracle. Started hitting competent iron shots. It was great.

Putting was iffy, got to figure out the short putts.

Bunker play was atrocious. Multiple holes where it took multiple shots to get out of the bunker. And when I say getting out of the bunker, twice it was ball first thin shots over the green. Whoops.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

On 8/2/2020 at 4:39 PM, silver & black said:

I'm going to preface this with.... I got up at 6:am. I made a pot of coffee. I made a 4 egg omlett with bacon, mushrooms, chalets, American and Gouda cheese. I watched the news for a bit and then opened my Bible and read for a bit. I let the dogs out and fed them.

I picked my brother up at 9:30. We had a 10:am tee time. I had the round of my life on the front 9. I went par, eagle, par, birdie, par, par, birdie, par, par, bogie.... 3 under par 31 on the front.

The back went a bit different...lol. It was blowing hard and misting the whole time. I went +7 for a 42. I ended up shooting 73... best round of my life... so far...lol. The game seems to be coming around. We'll see if it continues. It was a great day!

I made that same omlette but I also like adding mushrooms to as well.  Awesome round!!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

32 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Was an interesting round today. Driver swing is missing in action. Started hitting pulls and hooks. Usually a setup or grip issue for me, so its fixable.

Iron swing showed up. Made a small feel change and it was like a miracle. Started hitting competent iron shots. It was great.

Putting was iffy, got to figure out the short putts.

Bunker play was atrocious. Multiple holes where it took multiple shots to get out of the bunker. And when I say getting out of the bunker, twice it was ball first thin shots over the green. Whoops.

You need to watch Monte's bunker video.  Worked wonders for me.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

After being frustrated at first by being asked to start on the back 9 (I don't care for that half of the course), I ended with my best 9 hole score to date.  I'm not a very good golfer yet, but a 54 is way better than a 66.  I also hit my 3 hybrid better than any other long club in my bag.  I thought I would give that nod to my driver after a beauty of 260 yard draw, but when I got to the next hole, I realized it wasn't my ball that I found in the fairway.

Bear with the erratic path on that hole, the tee shot with the 3 hybrid made me giddy.

Screenshot_20200804-161057.jpg

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

11 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

You need to watch Monte's bunker video.  Worked wonders for me.

Yep, I have seen it. I am guessing I twisted what I learned from it and started doing something different than want Monte says to do. I need to re-watch.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

The double bogey man was back at it today.  +1 on the front (37), then on #12 dogleg right, I put one into the trees near the OB.  Hit a provisional and didn't find the first ball -- double bogey.  Then on #17, lost another one right and never found the ball (not OB)...went back to the tee box and another double.  To add insult to injury, I double bogey 18 to limp in with an 80.  Had one birdie for the day -- not enough to make up for the 3 doubles.  Club Championship is in 10 days.  I've got to get this double bogey mess out of my head!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

41, +5. That’s w one miserable double. Had reasonable putts for birdie or par but putter was off. Greens were really fast and I had a putter that doesn’t line that fast of greens.
Oh well always Friday w “Bacon Boyz “!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Shot a pretty ugly 44, lots of chunky pulls with my irons... shot 44... opponent shot 66... very hard to find a rhythm.

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Taylor Made 300 Mini 11.5º w/ Fuji Ventus TR Red

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil

Irons (6-43º): Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

Last Friday had a decent round on the local course with my brother. Shot a 93 with a few bad holes but overall good play, finished the full 18 holes in 2:42.

Went out last night with my brother to do 9 holes after work and was backed up behind a number of incredibly slow groups (including a 3-some of a couple and their ~7 year old daughter, none of whom looked to have ever golfed before). It was without a doubt the slowest round of my life - we would walk up to the tee, sit down for 5 minutes and wait, hit our tee shots, then walk to them and wait for another 5 minutes. Ended up finishing 9 holes in 2:27 (almost as long as the 18-hole round a few days earlier on the exact same course). The slow play and waiting meant I never managed to get into a groove, and couldn't stay warmed up - every swing felt like the first terrible swing when you step onto the driving range. Ended up shooting a 53, and really didn't enjoy the last 3 holes at all.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS