TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

My work on my ball striking is starting to pay off. I was 11/14 FIR, and 11/18 GIR, averaging over 300 yards with the driver. Had one we marked with GPS to 358. 4 birdies in 9 holes, then my short game showed some cracks and I had a few 3 putts and two awful chips on the back. Maybe score got in my head, or maybe it’s the lack of short game practice as I’ve worked on a few moves in my full swing. Little grip change here, little sequence change there, and my short game is a bit out of sorts. 

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

Love playing at Ballyowen

Me too apparently. -9 in my two rounds there. Really is a fun track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Not my greatest round tonight at league, actually felt like I was grinding pretty well outside of one blow-up hole.

47 (+12, net +2), 3/6 FIR, 2/9 GIR, 18 putts

Had a quad on a par 4 that I made a few silly mistakes, really shouldn't have been any more than a 6 but I duffed a punch out, then out-ran the fairway into a pond on the next punch out. HOWEVER. Going to keep taking the positives from the rounds. Highlight shots of the day were a spicy little chip from above with the green running away that trickled down to about a foot, then an up and down from the bunker on the par 3 17th.

Haven't been able to play or practice lately, and could really use a nice long range session to get some feels back. But why hit the range with the weather so perfect??

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

Not a great round yesterday.  Everything was a little off but still managed to shoot an 88..

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Shot 100 today, but should have broke 100. There was a hole that took me 4 shots to get out of the bunker. None of the shots were particularly challenging, but I found a way to screw it up. Rather than learn how to hit a proper bunker shot, i'm going to buy a specialty bunker club lol.

On a positive note, I got rid of hooks and pulls off the tee that started to appear. Luckily, it was purely a setup issue. The hooks occur when my right hand starts getting too strong. From there, my reaction during transition causes opening of the face and then comes the last second flip to try to square it up but ends up usually going left. I'm now close to being back to a one way miss off the tee, which is block right. When my grip is correct, I need to trust that I can swing hard left. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

+5 (41)

3/7 FiR

3/9 GiR

17 putts yikes

Driver was bad, blocked everything except the first tee shot strangely. Couldn't recover and hit greens. Almost made eagle from the wrong fairway tho, so that's exciting I guess.

1637EA67-87BD-4CE8-8F66-A96E7B84C9AF.png.1be86176478dfdc40f8bdc3ab61e3ede.png

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

6 hours ago, TCUFrog said:

Had an absolutely spectacular afternoon at Spanish Bay today. From tee to green, I had a close to record round, but on the greens I couldn’t make a putt for my life (that dang poa grass). I finished the day with a 75, hitting 13/18 greens and 10/14 fairways. Have a 6:50 tee time at Pebble Beach tomorrow followed by an afternoon round at Spyglass Hill. See below for photos from today at Spanish Bay.
FB7E7C72-CDA9-4F30-92BB-601AD0876516-C39FC296-2EE4-444A-84C6-7BF14D62A3F2.jpg
IMG_1350.JPGIMG_1370.JPGIMG_1374.JPG
IMG_1384.JPG
IMG_1390.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wow!  Those courses are on my bucket list!  Have a great time!  Nice shooting too!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Shot an 81 yesterday.

On the 9th I was short of the green on a severe uphill slope w a tight lie. Maybe 25-30 yards to the hole. Been in this spot too often to count. Reach for my 56* wedge.

BUT... last week I put Cobra ForgedTec Black irons into the bag (love em) and I mistook the PW for my sandy... previously only my sand and lob had the black finish, now they all do (again, still love em). I’m focused on the hole and where I want the ball to land. Not paying attention to what’s in my hand. Needless to say the PW flys a lot farther and rolls a lot more - like off the back of the green.

Double.

I take solace that it was a mental miscue rather than a skills breakdown. Sorta. Maybe...

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

Had an absolutely spectacular afternoon at Spanish Bay today. From tee to green, I had a close to record round, but on the greens I couldn’t make a putt for my life (that dang poa grass). I finished the day with a 75, hitting 13/18 greens and 10/14 fairways. Have a 6:50 tee time at Pebble Beach tomorrow followed by an afternoon round at Spyglass Hill. See below for photos from today at Spanish Bay.
FB7E7C72-CDA9-4F30-92BB-601AD0876516-C39FC296-2EE4-444A-84C6-7BF14D62A3F2.thumb.jpg.d7feb35054ae8a998ad52b8c19da2003.jpg
IMG_1350.thumb.JPG.de4ccdcfccf099231996658750cd9f27.JPGIMG_1370.thumb.JPG.4397c56b0b51e1fc5ac2bb40e1b01bb6.JPGIMG_1374.thumb.JPG.4b460764bff0ba4318e06b304b23814b.JPG
IMG_1384.thumb.JPG.1d79603c3bc9853d062945c3cc88cb4f.JPG
IMG_1390.thumb.JPG.7014c0b7105ac877cd0368c0126423b6.JPG

If you have time check out Pacific Grove. Played there during last years Open at a Pebble. Nothing to write home about the front, but the back is awesome.

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

When you NUT ur driver into a 20+ MPH wind....

heavy wind.png

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos:

17 minutes ago, Zen Snake said:

When you NUT ur driver into a 20+ MPH wind....

heavy wind.png

I was thinking about why I was hitting the ball so short yesterday. The contact was good, I wasn't swing significantly slower than normal, etc, but my ball was going like 220 max with roll, some more like 210. Now that I think about it, it was windy.

And to add to that, the guy who I was playing with was keeping up with me with his low sniping dive bombing snap hooks, while I was hitting mid-high drives that should have gotten out there much farther. Makes much more sense now.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

Was beautiful to get to the course to see this: Woke up at 5 to head out and get to the course for 605 tee time...my wife said "why the hell are you up its dark out"....Golf thats why.

Sunrise.jpg.d2cacde49d23903a1c76cf9500624141.jpg

Had the round of the year today 79. Participated in the CCC4 irons only challenge and I don't know if it was the chiropractor i went to yesterday (1st time felt like a million bucks today, little sore but no stiffness) or if after the first few holes I just got into the zone and really planned my shots out (probably both) but I shot +2 on the back with 4 bogeys and 2 birds.

Total.PNG.9a211f8af0378ed338b5db02fede445d.PNG

I had several great holes where I just made a shot and drained the putt (no 3 putts today). Good example was hole 9 (par 5) very long. Hit 4 Iron and had to take a drop off the tee. My 3rd shot though (net 4) was a perfect low flyer that stuck and I made the putt. Just usually doesn't go that way.

9.PNG.fbdffe7c2e9c8360703dd482c95e1b50.PNG

I used my 4 Iron today 21 times. Multiple times I just had to look and see if I could either reach, or if it was going to have to be a 9i/9i situation which most of the par 5's were.

15.PNG.6786624fde9ecb4f62e92d0538bbe442.PNG18.PNG.b05d818dfac386c60d1fb7f606bd4908.PNG

That is the round there but in the CCC4 thread I talked about the group I was with. John and John were father and son, and then Graham who was a big guy and absolutely smashed the ball. They all looked at me like I was crazy walking up with only irons and a putter but Graham was a great guy, was awesome to talk golf with him. The son John was Probably my age but little hot headed (club slammer, WTF was that!...loud type of player after every shot) well it felt pretty good to be off the tee and longer than his drive on several holes. I usually wouldn't but the club slamming and loud stuff on everything (none of us are on tour man just hit the ball, youre doing the same thing every time) just irks me on the golf course. 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

One thing about my round yesterday. There were like 2 to 3 holes that i played where I was on a work call, actively talking between shots. Those were my best holes, didn't think too much about the shots, just lined up and hit them.

Updated 07/15/2022

One thing about my round yesterday. There were like 2 to 3 holes that i played where I was on a work call, actively talking between shots. Those were my best holes, didn't think too much about the shots, just lined up and hit them.

Part of playing good golf is being able to turn it on and off. For the shot you get into game mode; it starts with your pre swing routine. After the shot you relax.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

43 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

... There is a sweetspot between taking too long in your routine, then actually hitting the shot and just being reckless. I played with a guy yesterday that took f-o-r-e-v-e-r to take 2 practice swings, line up his shot and then stand over the ball for a good 30 seconds only to hit a really bad shot, tdrive his cart 70 yds down the fairway and repeat. He was in his 60's and clearly had been playing a long time so no excuse for that. A few times he hit balls into the water or trees, dropped and hit another bad shot then out of frustration just dropped a ball and hit without taking any time at all. Every one of those "no time at all" shots were better than his taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r  routine. 

... Of course you don't want to feel rushed which causes tension but figure out a way to stay loose with a practice swing and a waggle, then just hit the shot. Freezing over the ball or going thru a mental checklist takes you away from your goal ... focusing on and trying to hit your target. I certainly understand it can be difficult when you are hitting bad shots, but you will start hitting better shots quicker than you will taking too long and thinking too much as long as your focus is on your target and not your swing.  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

30 minutes ago, chisag said:

... There is a sweetspot between taking too long in your routine, then actually hitting the shot and just being reckless. I played with a guy yesterday that took f-o-r-e-v-e-r to take 2 practice swings, line up his shot and then stand over the ball for a good 30 seconds only to hit a really bad shot, tdrive his cart 70 yds down the fairway and repeat. He was in his 60's and clearly had been playing a long time so no excuse for that. A few times he hit balls into the water or trees, dropped and hit another bad shot then out of frustration just dropped a ball and hit without taking any time at all. Every one of those "no time at all" shots were better than his taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r  routine. 

... Of course you don't want to feel rushed which causes tension but figure out a way to stay loose with a practice swing and a waggle, then just hit the shot. Freezing over the ball or going thru a mental checklist takes you away from your goal ... focusing on and trying to hit your target. I certainly understand it can be difficult when you are hitting bad shots, but you will start hitting better shots quicker than you will taking too long and thinking too much as long as your focus is on your target and not your swing.  

For me, i feel like my work call swings and my non-work swings actually took the same amount of time from a routine perspective. its just that i didn't have a million swing thoughts going through my head during the work call swings.

Updated 07/15/2022

14 hours ago, TCUFrog said:

FB7E7C72-CDA9-4F30-92BB-601AD0876516-C39FC296-2EE4-444A-84C6-7BF14D62A3F2.jpg
IMG_1350.JPGIMG_1370.JPGIMG_1374.JPG
IMG_1384.JPG
IMG_1390.JPG

You're a lucky FROG!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

Ran out to play 9 this afternoon with my wife. Booked a 42 because of some good drives and fairway shots. The putter was a bit disappointing with 18 putts for the 9.

I really like the changes to the GHIN phone app. However I really wish the data was exportable or printable. Here are 2 screen shots of today's details.

IMG_5645.JPGIMG_5646.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

14 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Ran out to play 9 this afternoon with my wife. Booked a 42 because of some good drives and fairway shots. The putter was a bit disappointing with 18 putts for the 9.

I really like the changes to the GHIN phone app. However I really wish the data was exportable or printable. Here are 2 screen shots of today's details.

IMG_5645.JPGIMG_5646.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Very nice fairways there. Also no short greens nice work.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

Blah morning. Couple good shots but for the most part scrambling I make Par.
Bacon Boyz a bit subdued this morning, looked like a couple hangovers.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

82: another brutal front 9(44) followed by a crisp 2 over 38 on the back. I’ve been letting the nerves get to me, and it’s taken about 5 holes to settle down. And 3 of the 5 holes are par 4 doglegs with trouble on at least one side. Irons have been inconsistent as well, but my putting a been solid...

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

3 hours ago, TCUFrog said:

Wow. Just wow. Had the 3rd tee time off the box today at Pebble Beach. With expectations at an all time high, I was completely blown away by Pebble Beach. All you golf architecture junkies can complain about the small greens or the quirkiness of the inland holes, but there is not a better walk in golf than holes 4-11 of Pebble Beach. While not my best round, I shot an 85 with a triple and 2 doubles. We tee off tomorrow at 6:30 am again and I’ll look to exact my revenge to shoot a lower score. See below for some of the stunning photos. Let me know if anyone wants a full resolution for a zoom background to make your coworkers jealous.
IMG_1425.JPG
IMG_1442.JPGIMG_1448.JPGF12D5A97-5229-49DE-AE8E-45C26BC51CE8-36EE94C3-E5EE-4ADC-9BB4-342F7093A0A1.jpgIMG_1490.JPGIMG_1516.JPGIMG_1548.JPG

That's a beautiful course and great photos! Add I'm sitting at work right now, I'm really jealous. It sounds like you had a good time and great round. Have fun out there again today and I hope you play well!

7 hours ago, TCUFrog said:

Wow. Just wow. Had the 3rd tee time off the box today at Pebble Beach. With expectations at an all time high, I was completely blown away by Pebble Beach. All you golf architecture junkies can complain about the small greens or the quirkiness of the inland holes, but there is not a better walk in golf than holes 4-11 of Pebble Beach. While not my best round, I shot an 85 with a triple and 2 doubles. We tee off tomorrow at 6:30 am again and I’ll look to exact my revenge to shoot a lower score. See below for some of the stunning photos. Let me know if anyone wants a full resolution for a zoom background to make your coworkers jealous.
IMG_1425.JPG
IMG_1442.JPGIMG_1448.JPGF12D5A97-5229-49DE-AE8E-45C26BC51CE8-36EE94C3-E5EE-4ADC-9BB4-342F7093A0A1.jpgIMG_1490.JPGIMG_1516.JPGIMG_1548.JPG

I see you're rock'n the Puma gear! Hit Em straight Today!!!!  More pics please.Who was your caddie for your rounds, I had John on my bag when I played there in 2018. He caddied for the winner of the US amature the last time it was played at Pebble...he was great!!!1

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

8 hours ago, TCUFrog said:

IMG_1425.JPG

Ah man so jealous. 85 is nothing to scoff at man good round. Can’t wait to get there some day!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Brutal round today, 96. I thought I was done with these kinds of rounds...lol.

I'm still going to keep my positivity about the swing and game in general, but my course management was really bad today. Changing nothing about my swing at all, I bet poor course management cost me almost ten strokes today.

But believe it or not, the driver may have been the best it's been all summer!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

38/40:78 today after a double bogey on the last hole! Only carded one birdie and had 3 tap in pars.

Finally cashed in the Saturday Game, worth a couple pitchers for my buds.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Was able to sneak out yesterday, but only had time for 9 holes.  Played River Glen, which historically I do not play well, as the fairways are fairly narrow on most holes.  Since I played from the whites, I was able to use hybrid/3 wood more often and still have manageable distances to the holes.  It was about the easiest +1 round I've ever played.  I hit all 9 greens and my only bogey came from a 3 putt from about 12 feet, but I was in a position that I could not stop the ball near the pin because of the severity of slope.  Left with a 10 foot comeback putt very uphill and needed one more revolution to go in.  Very happy with my approach game and was able to hit many shots with my Gap wedge, which I typically do not use that often.  Putted well and was mostly just a misread on the putts, but I will correct that and get a couple more to fall next time. 

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"