TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

I had a rough night in league last night. We were in first place (and have been the majority of the season). It was our regularly scheduled match against the 2nd place team. We started the evening 13 points in front of 2nd place and 13.5 in front of 3rd. My partner did his job (shot his handicap), but I failed - I shot 48 (+12) for a net +5. If we had scored well, we could have locked up 1st place for the season (since we won the first half) making the next two weeks of playoffs nothing but "fun" days for us. It turns out the 3rd place team had a great night and leap-frogged into first (compounded by my good friend's net +6 - I swear he sabotaged me). We dropped to 3rd. The good news, in my mind, is the A players on those two teams are the two lowest HC's in our league and are both very consistent, so in next weeks 2nd half playoff, I don't imagine there will be any lopsided scores from either team (depending on what the B players do, of course, but neither of them have scored a ton this season), so if we have a good week next week, we could be back in first. Right now, 3 points separates 1st - 3rd.

I actually drove the ball pretty well - 4/6 fairways on driver holes with decent distance given the amount of rain we had over the weekend. The two misses bordered on ridiculous, but they were bad enough that I had a shot from the next fairway over. Irons were a disaster and I 2-putted every single green (didn't matter if it was 5 feet or 50 feet). If I were hitting a bunch GIR's, I'd be OK with 2 putts, but since I had to chip on every hole but one, that's not good. Chipping was meh... I left myself some decent looks and burned the edges, but nothing would fall.

Where's the :choke: emoji when you need one?!?!

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Between my spousal unit recovering from hand surgery and requiring quite a bit of my help and our course hosting the annual Southern Oregon Match Play Championship (which I'm not playing this year), I'm not playing a lot of golf this week and maybe not next week.  I'll have to enjoy YOUR rounds....so play well, my anonymous friends!!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

A cruddy day for golf - both weather and score. Our Wednesday men's traveling group went to Plum Brook CC in Sandusky. Weather forecast was 20% chance of rain. By the 2nd hole the 20% was really a downpour and about 20 mph of wind.

IMG_5717.thumb.JPG.fc3d655d67acfc55e4ca8aa5fbeaadda.JPG

The rain stopped after several holes but the wind was pretty steady at 20+. And it seemed like we were always hitting into the wind. It made the 'muffin top' greens that much more difficult to hit. Walked off with a 93 and wet shoes (feet).

IMG_5721.thumb.JPG.525c421e3b4a11b6340406ed40b6abf9.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

A cruddy day for golf - both weather and score. Our Wednesday men's traveling group went to Plum Brook CC in Sandusky. Weather forecast was 20% chance of rain. By the 2nd hole the 20% was really a downpour and about 20 mph of wind.

IMG_5717.thumb.JPG.fc3d655d67acfc55e4ca8aa5fbeaadda.JPG

The rain stopped after several holes but the wind was pretty steady at 20+. And it seemed like we were always hitting into the wind. It made the 'muffin top' greens that much more difficult to hit. Walked off with a 93 and wet shoes.

IMG_5721.thumb.JPG.525c421e3b4a11b6340406ed40b6abf9.JPG

Way to battle though. I just hate when it rains hard and then stops and you are just wet the rest of the round.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

2 hours ago, CarlH said:

Between my spousal unit recovering from hand surgery and requiring quite a bit of my help and our course hosting the annual Southern Oregon Match Play Championship (which I'm not playing this year), I'm not playing a lot of golf this week and maybe not next week.  I'll have to enjoy YOUR rounds....so play well, my anonymous friends!!

Carpal tunnel?  My wife's hand surgery is scheduled for Nov 3.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I had the chance to play the upper course at Baltusrol on Tuesday.   I'm pretty sure I had the only American made car in the lot.  They are redoing the lower course but the place as a whole is unbelievable.  The history in the clubhouse alone is worth the visit.  Anyway, shot a 40/40 for 80 from the club tees so it was only at 6200 yards.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Carpal tunnel?  My wife's hand surgery is scheduled for Nov 3.  

No, severe arthritis in thumb.  Both hands have been done. Most recent is a 2nd surgery on the right hand.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

The round today much felt better than my last (2 week hiatus) where it felt like I had never played the game before. Contact was phenomenal today and was bombing some drives consistently. Chipping felt realllllly good which I needed today after my last abomination. Approach was short today which I chalk up to very high humidity and we have had some rain which took some roll out of a lot. Overall 42 with some just overall great shots:

IMG_5289.PNG.57e30bd64d2b3cd6d0a8cfabe49fc525.PNGIMG_5288.PNG.0b09245181629a9ec9bbcc1e27352069.PNG

Now that I have some good Arccos data there is clearly (which I figured was going to be but is very apparent now) a need for the gap wedge (need to re-pair now that I have 52/56/60 not 50/54/58 but the numbers are fairly accurate). 30 yard gapping between PW and 52 is just not acceptable...most likely be dropping the  4 iron because the hybrid and 5 iron are pretty versatile and need the bottom end covered better.

image.png.af4887f1483e66147a77a67b6903c70a.png

image.png.83333809075c4b7e5a33586f1b56e19b.png

Ended the day with this beauty short side bunker....didnt end well:

IMG_5285.jpg.cee2ffdcba07ed1fe814dec40d182157.jpg

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Just now, Lacassem said:

The round today much felt better than my last (2 week hiatus) where it felt like I had never played the game before. Contact was phenomenal today and was bombing some drives consistently. Chipping felt realllllly good which I needed today after my last abomination. Approach was short today which I chalk up to very high humidity and we have had some rain which took some roll out of a lot. Overall 42 with some just overall great shots:

IMG_5289.PNG.57e30bd64d2b3cd6d0a8cfabe49fc525.PNGIMG_5288.PNG.0b09245181629a9ec9bbcc1e27352069.PNG

Now that I have some good Arccos data there is clearly (which I figured was going to be but is very apparent now) a need for the gap wedge (need to re-pair now that I have 52/56/60 not 50/54/58 but the numbers are fairly accurate). 30 yard gapping between PW and 52 is just not acceptable...most likely be dropping the because the hybrid and 5 iron are pretty versatile and need the bottom end covered better.

image.png.af4887f1483e66147a77a67b6903c70a.png

image.png.83333809075c4b7e5a33586f1b56e19b.png

Ended the day with this beauty short side bunker....didnt end well:

IMG_5285.jpg.cee2ffdcba07ed1fe814dec40d182157.jpg

IMG_5286.PNG

Bunkers killed me the other day and cost me a couple of additional strokes.  I really need to work on that.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

3 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Bunkers killed me the other day and cost me a couple of additional strokes.  I really need to work on that.

Callaway Sure Out Wedge Review - Golfalot

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Just now, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Thanks buddy!  The real kick in the nads is we had to use a caddie and he told me to club up and both times he did I flew the green and landed in bunkers.  Took me two shots to get out each time.  Then the d-bag made me rake my own bunkers.  I have never hit my irons as crisp as I did the other day but it was like playing on carpet the fairways were so nice.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

12 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Dont usually struggle to bad out of bunkers...This was tight though, and with the rain the sand was "dense" to be nice about it. I was lucky it didnt go to the next tee box

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I'll see your Sureout and raise you a

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ0-gUiWIhxbRx64Nh1X3

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

6 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Thanks buddy!  The real kick in the nads is we had to use a caddie and he told me to club up and both times he did I flew the green and landed in bunkers.  Took me two shots to get out each time.  Then the d-bag made me rake my own bunkers.  I have never hit my irons as crisp as I did the other day but it was like playing on carpet the fairways were so nice.

Tell me... how much do you tip a caddie who gives you wrong information about distance AND makes you rake bunkers that he was responsible for you being in?  Inquiring minds want to know.  😄

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Tell me... how much do you tip a caddie who gives you wrong information about distance AND makes you rake bunkers that he was responsible for you being in?  Inquiring minds want to know.  

I was a guest at the club and my member buddy told me to give him a hundred bucks so I did. I think the going rate for the caddie is $70 so it was a $30 tip. I had to fix my divots as well which I kind of expected him to do but I guess my expectations are established by what I see on TV watching the pros.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Not well.... One of my higher scoring rounds in a looooong time. Put myself into trouble off the tee, had trouble on the second shots and most disappointingly had a lotta trouble putting.

There was a bright spot, though -- had a few punch outs and recovery shots, and one short approach, with wedges that I hit pretty well.

Have another lesson scheduled for tomorrow!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

The weather down here has been incredibly hot, (about 110 index) all week, and the last two days were the worst. 🙄 I'm not posting here to complain about that, instead I wanted to just say how incredibly fortunate we all are to be able to play this game, and enjoy some of the beautiful courses where we live.

I think most golfers on a forum like this have either been, or want to visit the Myrtle Beach area, because it's known around the world has a premiere golf destination. I'm fortunate enough to have a place down here, and this week made me realize how nice it is to say that. Long Island is where my family is, and even after 9 years down here I still call it "home". but man,  I really love it down here also.

I played 3 times this week, at 3 of the top courses on the Grand Strand. Monday: The Dye Course at Barefoot. Thursday: True Blue. Today: Pine Lakes. Those of you familiar with the area know what kind of tracks these are, and yet I had almost become jaded to playing them at the greatly reduced rates I do. Driving home after my round this afternoon, I realized how grateful I should be.

I know this is a "How'd You Play thread", so I'll quickly mention my 3 scores were 84, 87 and 83 in the order I mentioned them. I played okay, about the way I should at my level. What stands out though were the good times I had, and playing in league competitions with really good friends (and we survived the heat!!). 

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

44 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I think most golfers on a forum like this have either been, or want to visit the Myrtle Beach area, because it's known around the world has a premiere golf destination. I'm fortunate enough to have a place down here, and this week made me realize how nice it is to say that. Long Island is where my family is, and even after 9 years down here I still call it "home". but man,  I really love it down here also.

While at the Open Championship in Scotland, didn't Boo Weekley say he thought Myrtle Beach was "the home of golf"?  🤣

Love the courses there.  It's just a loooong trip to get there.

36 minutes ago, revkev said:

So poorly - I was one over in the middle of the fairway on 6, 110 yards, not much breeze, smooth wedge that I shanked into a pond - triple.

Parred 7 and then hit a perfect 5 wood off the tee on 8 to leave, you guessed it, 111 yards, pitching wedge. I wasn’t shanking this one but instead hit the preferred topped ground ball into thick rough and a delightful down hill lie over a trap that I skulled to the back of the green from whence I three pitted for double, 42.

It didn’t get better on the back either except that I grabbed a beer at the turn and another from my buddy’s garage fridge walking up 15 so it was much more fun and I had no more shanks!!! I did hit another ball in the water on 17 though. I can’t remember the last time I lost two balls in a round.

On a positive note the pro that I play with a lot gave me a great bunker tip who I had ample opportunity to employ - quite successfully.

Just one of those days. 😞

SH😱NK?   Oh No!  

Glad it didn't haunt you the rest of the round like it does me.

So poorly - I was one over in the middle of the fairway on 6, 110 yards, not much breeze, smooth wedge that I shanked into a pond - triple.

Parred 7 and then hit a perfect 5 wood off the tee on 8 to leave, you guessed it, 111 yards, pitching wedge. I wasn’t shanking this one but instead hit the preferred topped ground ball into thick rough and a delightful down hill lie over a trap that I skulled to the back of the green from whence I three pitted for double, 42.

It didn’t get better on the back either except that I grabbed a beer at the turn and another from my buddy’s garage fridge walking up 15 so it was much more fun and I had no more shanks!!! I did hit another ball in the water on 17 though. I can’t remember the last time I lost two balls in a round.

On a positive note the pro that I play with a lot gave me a great bunker tip who I had ample opportunity to employ - quite successfully.

Just one of those days. :(

Hot day in FL, a couple cold ones always good after a ........hosel rocket.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played in Day 2 of the Ryder Cup at my club and shot a very deflating even par 71. Was -4 through 11 made bogey on 4 of the final 7 holes. The putter just went ice cold on the back 9 after draining a 20 footer for bird on 10.

On a fun note I played against our 1st Asst Pro and had to give him a shot which was something I have never done. Beat him by 7 and we lost the match 3&1 thanks to his partners clutch playing. My partner had a bit of an off day and not sure he broke 95 today playing off of a 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Not well at all. Nothing really went wrong, it just didn’t go right. But I had a fundamental change in my swing this week with my coach, we finally think we got to the root cause of some timing problems. So I’m basically focusing on that feel every shot, and not really worried so much that they’re flying offline. I did get the feeling right a few times today, and left my buddies jaws on the floor. Like a stinger 3 hybrid that went 256 down the middle, followed by a 52 degree wedge from 122 to the flag that hit, bounced once, and spun back to 3 feet. 

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

38 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Not how did I play, but how did the guy play I was paired up with play. Here is a quick hint: #9 is a 352 yd par 4. Hit one of my best drives of the day and had 80yds to the pin. David was playing from the tips and #9 is 372 and he put his tee shot in the green side bunker!?!?! He did this from the tee all day long. A modest 5'10" and about 180lbs he is an Army recruiter looking to join the PGA Program after putting in his 20 years. He played high school golf and went straight into the Army. I have never seen anyone hit the ball as far as he does. And he has a very normal looking swing, fast of course or should I say very fast but not like he was swinging out of his shoes. Just crazy silly long. #14 is a 562 yd par 5 and he hit driver-3 iron over the green. 

... He shot 1 under and I was one over. He probably would have been a little lower if I had not encouraged him on to hit driver on #17 a 354 yd par 4 that is probably 320 to carry the water. He pulled his tee shot a little and with a slight draw ended up in the heather and had to take a drop and ended up with a bogie. I have seen several try and drive that green but none ever hit it past the green. It was just awesome and I will remember this day for quite awhile. 

It's uniquely fun and humbling to play with guys like that. There are a couple bombers at my course back home in Missouri - guys that routinely swing 120+ without breaking a sweat. By recreational golf standards I am no short knocker, but I have to pick my jaw up off the floor when I play with them.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

6 hours ago, revkev said:

Oh, I know that feeling and IT. IS. THE. WORST! Glad you were able to take some positives away from the round.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Even 80 this morning 39-41, ended with a penalty & double on 18 which left a bad taste but considering I hit the ball all over and missed a ton of greens it was a good day.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

4 over 75 on a beautiful early spring day. Putted well on recently scarified greens. Turned even with the card with a couple of birdies. A few soft bogeys on the back hurt my score but I'm really happy with how I played after not touching the clubs for a couple of weeks.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy