Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

We are supposed to play at our sister course across the Columbia River on Labor Day; we get 1/2 off greens fees because of our membership at our course.  However, the wind is blowing, and it is forecasted to be 20-45 mph when we tee off at noon.  We may decide to cancel and play our course instead.  I don't see a reason to pay extra to play in poor conditions.

Well, we were going to play at the sister course no matter what the conditions were, but this morning we thought better of it.  Our course had been booked until 3pm, but people were calling to cancel because of wind, dust and smoke in the air.  Sooooo, we decided to play at our course when we got a noon tee time.

We only played 9 holes; shot +6.  Here's why..........

We have 24 fires in the area, and a big one up in north central WA.  The wind is coming out of the north about steady 25 mph.  We had a few gusts that were close to 50 mph.  Temp is 78º

On the range...

IMG_5292.jpeg.9623511ed707361873d75b305bab7ddc.jpeg

On #6 tee...

IMG_1305.jpeg.835d66b68aab6e5324751086b76f60a8.jpeg

On #6 fairway looking back to the tee...

IMG_1306.jpeg.476b38fde8b8e45cd6063c11ef6cd5f0.jpeg

On the #7 tee...  the clubhouse across the pond.

IMG_1307.jpeg.af1aaa28e2965d7e55ea3fe053179f28.jpeg

Some idiots will do anything to play a round of golf.  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

We have 24 fires in the area, and a big one up in north central WA.  The wind is coming out of the north about steady 25 mph.  We had a few gusts that were close to 50 mph.

that’s insane! i lived in washington for a few years and remember the smoke rolling in from wildfires back in 16 or 17...it was gnarly. hope you’re staying safe

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

5 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Well, we were going to play at the sister course no matter what the conditions were, but this morning we thought better of it.  Our course had been booked until 3pm, but people were calling to cancel because of wind, dust and smoke in the air.  Sooooo, we decided to play at our course when we got a noon tee time.

We have 24 fires in the area, and a big one up in north central WA.  The wind is coming out of the north about steady 25 mph.  We had a few gusts that were close to 50 mph.

On the range...

On #6 tee...

That's some nasty conditions, those trees on #6 look like they're ready to blow over. Stay safe with the fires in the area. That's dedication, even playing 9 on those conditions. 

1 minute ago, Chip Strokes said:

that’s insane! i lived in washington for a few years and remember the smoke rolling in from wildfires back in 16 or 17...it was gnarly. hope you’re staying safe

I-90 and I-82 were closed part of the day.  Major pileup at Ritzville.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

I-90 and I-82 were closed part of the day.  Major pileup at Ritzville.

i lived over in Bellevue. you’re out there in  the country!  i’ve got a few friends in Wenatchee now though. 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's some nasty conditions, those trees on #6 look like they're ready to blow over. Stay safe with the fires in the area. That's dedication, even playing 9 on those conditions. 

Our course used to have a lot of trees before the renovation.  A huge windstorm came through in 1990 and took out a lot of them.  Not a tornado or hurricane, but the winds were 80 mph.  We always have a lot of branches on the ground after a windstorm, but most of the trees survive pretty well now, although we did lose a valuable shade tree by the practice green two years ago.

2 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

i lived over in Bellevue. you’re out there in  the country!  i’ve got a few friends in Wenatchee now though. 

Wenatchee is beautiful country and nice golf courses up there.  The big fire is north up in Omak.

Just now, Kenny B said:

Wenatchee is beautiful country and nice golf courses up there.  The big fire is north up in Omak.

yeah my buddy lives right on a course. once covid eases up and travel is a little safer i’m gonna get out there for a week or so. stay safe man!

20 hours ago, Haggerty said:

I played there yesterday also.  Played awful shot a 98, 3 putted way too often and was not striking the ball well at all.

Let me know if you want to meet up there some time.

As for me, I played to par at Windmill yesterday, (only car in the car park besides the owner and 2 of the employees)...on the first hole. Nice drive straight down the middle, fanned a 6 iron to just short of pin high to the right, chipped on and 1 putted. Teed up on 2 and the heavens opened up. Torrential rain, so I sat in the cart for a bit then headed to the clubhouse. Shot the 💩 with Brian and Ann behind the counter for about 30 minutes, then went and retrieved my ball from the tee and went home. The rain didn't let up all day and I was ready to play. ☹️

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Let me know if you want to meet up there some time.

As for me, I played to par at Windmill yesterday, (only car in the car park besides the owner and 2 of the employees)...on the first hole. Nice drive straight down the middle, fanned a 6 iron to just short of pin high to the right, chipped on and 1 putted. Teed up on 2 and the heavens opened up. Torrential rain, so I sat in the cart for a bit then headed to the clubhouse. Shot the 💩 with Brian and Ann behind the counter for about 30 minutes, then went and retrieved my ball from the tee and went home. The rain didn't let up all day and I was ready to play. ☹️

I live up by Cleveland in Independence, so it was the first time for me playing there.  Nice course and pretty challenging so didn't help that i wasn't hitting it well.  I live 5 minutes from sleepy Hollow and a surprising nice course since they redid 27 of the holes is Seneca, glad metroparks put some money into the course as it used to be awful.  They also put the top golf in the northern end of the city though only been there once as I kind of see it as an overpriced driving range. That would be fun with a group of people after all this COVID pandemic slows down more.

Driver: Callaway Epic MAX LS (10.5º played as 9.5)
3W:  Cobra SZ tour (14º)
3-PW: Mizuno MP-20 HMB
52,56: Cobra MIM 

63 - Wilson Staff Model HT
Putter: EvnRoll ER-6
Ball: Pro V1
Arccos Tracking on all clubs

On 9/7/2020 at 10:28 AM, xOldBenKenobiX said:

The course looked fantastic, it was 54 when we teed off mid 60s when we finished, it felt like fall golf.

Yep, when I took the down swing on my second shot, it felt like someone was holding my shoulder back. 

It is still sore, but overall I can move on most directions but lifting my left arm above my head. 

I'm calling the doctor's office early tomorrow and try to see my doctor and make sure there is no serious damage. 

EDIT 

The funny thing is that, I was driving the ball well, and hitting what felt like really well struck balls, then I started hooking the ball on the 7th hole, which is not my tipical miss, I finally got back to hitting straight on 14 and 15, I should have noticed that some was amiss. 

Quick update, I get to see the doctor tomorrow afternoon, I still have some pain, but it feel that the mobility is a little better.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

14 hours ago, Kenny B said:

We have 24 fires in the area, and a big one up in north central WA.  The wind is coming out of the north about steady 25 mph.  We had a few gusts that were close to 50 mph.  Temp is 78º

On the range...

On #6 tee...

That is so crazy. i would think you couldn't breath, good thing your wearing a mask anyway.

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

Been playing really well of late, thanks to the Hogan combo set. Got a SIM Max D, and it was good, right in the middle every time. But I just wasn't any longer than my Ping g400LST. Soooo, I took that back and got a Mavrik SZ. It was decent, but then I adjusted the shaft up 2* and today hit a bunch of drives longer than my old averages, by 10-20 yards farther. I honestly couldn't believe how far they were going. I messed with the settings on the SIM a ton, but never got any real gains. But this Mavrik was Crazy long. wow! Its going to be impossible to not get the 3-wood now too, as my Ping g400 isn't getting it done at all for me.

Anyways, shot a +1 72 today. Also must give the Evnroll props. She was pouring them in or real close. My bag is solid right now with the exception of the 3 wood...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Finally was able to get back on the course.  3 club wind, but darn it...I'm playing.   I didn't really keep my score, but looking back, thinking I shot around 80ish.  Hit some bombs downwind....and a couple of 138 yard 6 irons...LOL.    Fire broke out not far from the club and we could see the billowing smoke.  Turned out to be a wildfire about 20 miles away.  Still burning, but they have the main fire contained.  Meanwhile all southbound exits of I5 north of Ashland are closed, as well as the 2 Ashland northbound exits.  Winds were steady 20-35 mph with gusts higher.  

fallentree.jpeg

ashlandfire.jpg

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I live up by Cleveland in Independence, so it was the first time for me playing there.  Nice course and pretty challenging so didn't help that i wasn't hitting it well.  I live 5 minutes from sleepy Hollow and a surprising nice course since they redid 27 of the holes is Seneca, glad metroparks put some money into the course as it used to be awful.  They also put the top golf in the northern end of the city though only been there once as I kind of see it as an overpriced driving range. That would be fun with a group of people after all this COVID pandemic slows down more.
If only Sleepy had tee times. Can't get on the place before 2 any day of the week. I've heard good things about the Seneca remodel, but that left up that stupid grass under all the trees?

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

FREE TO A GOOD HOME: every golf club I own....

Ok, it was bad, but maybe not that bad. Driver was mostly good - almost everything started a little left with a baby fade. The two that didn't were penalties (one pull into unplayable lie, one high flare into the woods). That happens to me occasionally and I can deal with it. What I can't deal with was how atrocious my chipping was and I haven't a clue what I was doing wrong, especially since I was chipping well around the practice green. Just chunky and bad. Putted ok, irons were longer than they should have been, so I'm still adjusting to new distances since SuperSpeed. I ended up +11 (4 over my handicap), so I guess it wasn't terrible - maybe I've gotten my expectations too high since I've had a pretty good run until last week.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

26 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

FREE TO A GOOD HOME: every golf club I own....

Ok, it was bad, but maybe not that bad. What I can't deal with was how atrocious my chipping was and I haven't a clue what I was doing wrong, especially since I was chipping well around the practice green. Just chunky and bad.

... You probably already know this but chipping is one of the easiest shots in golf. Chipping close is a different story of course but hitting decent chips should be easy. The trouble is almost always focusing on the result and not the process. If you can shift your focus to the chip itself and not the results, you should be able to replicate your practice chips. With practice chips, you really don't care about the results so if you can hit good practice chips you can hit good chips when it counts. I know, I know easier said than done for some but that is the mental side of golf that is as important or often more important than the physical side. 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

On 9/7/2020 at 10:37 PM, chisag said:

... It has been awhile but finally had one of those days you wish you could bottle. No thoughts of any kind other than where I want to hit it. Great drive on the first tee and my swing felt awesome the entire round. I did not miss a single shot and we all know how crazy rare that is. Missed greens of course but every swing felt great and the ball found the center of the club on every shot. LOTS of wind again so scoring was not as good as my ball striking and putting. Several highlights:

After 3 pars in very windy conditions I played the wind to push my shot right off the tee of a par 3 and it held its line right into the bunker. Bunkers are bare at the moment and I semi bladed my shot across the green and into deep rough on the other side. I really focused on perfect contact (as you can see in the photo) and was relieved to see my chip fall into the hole. That saved my momentum and I ended up with 1 birdie and one bogie on the front. 

Started the back with 3-3-3-3. Hit a 9 iron from 147 in the fairway bunker to 3 feet for birdie on #11. Just solid shots that left me 6 feet or less until #13 the hardest hole on the course. Playing into a 20 mph wind I hit a really good drive leaving me 176 to a back pin. I flighted a 4 iron down a little, not a full knockdown but a nice mid trajectory that never left the flag. But I still had 40 feet for birdie and rolled it into the center. You can see why I would like to bottle the day. 

On #16 I again had 173 but the wind was down to about 15mph and right into me so I hit a 5 iron that missed the cup by 6". 

... Ended up with a 70 but given the conditions and my 3 playing pards all shot over 100, I was extremely happy with the round. My back did not get tight until the 17th hole when the wind shifted from the north and the temps dropped 10* in 5 minutes. But even then it was just a little tight and not problematic. It was a really, really good day and I have not had one of these in a month ir more so happy to share my good fortune with you guys. 🤗

1131231650_Naperscore.jpg.ef51e1e11fb18a1c5a043937fb9ee2df.jpg
378344209_Naperwedge.jpg.10e87d277215a77636174ca729096595.jpg

Was this a test to see if we were paying attention to the scorecard?  😆

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Played in a Shamble (pick best drive and everybody plays own ball from there) mixed foursome on Labor Day with some other low 'cappers and we all hit the ball pretty well with lots of birdie chances.....however all our putters took the day off and we only ended up carding -9 gross (two best ball score).  I don't think anybody made a putt over 8' with lots of lip outs happening.  The adjusted lie and length on the new to me irons has made them pin seekers!! 

The net prizes were not on our radar given our handicaps but we started laughing when the winning net score (combined two best balls) was announced at -38.   The poor second place team shot -31....imagine being them thinking they killed it with a -31 and then coming in second place!   😂

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

18 hours ago, chisag said:

... but that is the mental side of golf that is as important or often more important than the physical side

..and hence my self-assigned Handicap 😜

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

5 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Played in a Shamble (pick best drive and everybody plays own ball from there) mixed foursome on Labor Day with some other low 'cappers and we all hit the ball pretty well with lots of birdie chances.....however all our putters took the day off and we only ended up carding -9 gross (two best ball score).  I don't think anybody made a putt over 8' with lots of lip outs happening.  The adjusted lie and length on the new to me irons has made them pin seekers!! 

The net prizes were not on our radar given our handicaps but we started laughing when the winning net score (combined two best balls) was announced at -38.   The poor second place team shot -31....imagine being them thinking they killed it with a -31 and then coming in second place!   😂

Played in a similar format charity outing in previous seasons .. one year our team won the "Most Honest" award 😆😂
(..ie. we were high score / DL but we each got a box of a dozen new golf balls 😀)

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

shot well, the same as yesterday, but different results on different holes.

Hogans continue to be fantastic, and the Mavrik SZ continues to rock, what a killer set of clubs Ive got haha

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Cr**y day - our Wednesday group played at Woussicket' a narrow parkland style course today. Couldn't get it going on the front and ended up with a 50, the back was a bit better with a 46 for a total of 96. My putter was the culprit. Hmmm operator or equipment error??

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

My Monday old guy walking group got out as a foursome today; first time we have walked as a group for 3 months.  We had a great time with lots of chit chat.  Our 80-year old guy had cellulitis in his leg that prevented him from walking since the course opened up.  Another guy had a stroke a little over a year ago on his right side, but with lots of therapy, he was hitting the ball pretty well today.  Not as good as before, but certainly playable.

I had a better day than the last week of play.  Parred the first 4 holes; double on #5 but birdie on #6, then a par and two bogeys for a nine-hole score of 40.  Still smokey here; wind shifted from north to south so now we are getting the smoke from Oregon.

Tough day at the office yesterday, 🙄 I played the Fazio Course at Barefoot Resort.

I think my Rogue X irons somehow found out I am waiting for a new set of PXG 0211 irons to arrive. I drove the ball as well as I can, and hit my nemesis club (3W) shockingly well, reaching two par 5's in two from 205 and 211 yards. That might not impress many of you long ballers, but playing at sea level, that's about all this 66 year old body has in his tank.

As mentioned, my irons were a mess though. I just couldn't find my tempo, over swinging all day with them which led to bladed screamers galore and some pull hooks thrown in for good measure. My short game and putter kept me somewhat in the ballgame with a 43 on the front nine, but when the putter turned cold, things snowballed downhill on the back 9 and I came in with a 48.

On 17 and18 I reverted back to front nine "form". After missing the 154 yard 16th 20 yards right (I'm a lefty) and walking off with a 3 putt 5, I "bombed" drives on the last two holes. 17 I had a 9 iron in, and pushed it in the bunker. Hit a great bunker shot and tapped in for par. 18 I hit my best drive of the day, but bladed my GW 20 yards past the pin and off the back. hit a great downhill pitch shot to 4 feet at which point my group gave me the putt since my 91 net 80 wasn't coming close to placing in our Member League. 

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Cr**y day - our Wednesday group played at Woussicket' a narrow parkland style course today. Couldn't get it going on the front and ended up with a 50, the back was a bit better with a 46 for a total of 96. My putter was the culprit. Hmmm operator or equipment error??

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

equipment error of course....

its time to make a call to the bullpen for the relief putter!!!

Played 18 at a new to us course over the holiday weekend, and while it was a nice course to play and challenging .. 70.2 / 133 / close to 6100 yds .. so tougher and longer than what we usually play .. we won't be back when it's busy and fully booked....

Yeah play was extra slow, but....

I've *never* never heard "FORE!" yelled soooo many times on a golf course before!!! 

It was constant, no kidding and not just at us it was all over the course ... and constantly unnerving as I had to keep looking over at my wife and reminding her to duck and cover her head (she has a tendency to look in the direction of the person yelling "Fore!").

The layout was perfect for RHed slicers to bomb into way too closely adjoining fairways or tees - literally at least three, maybe four, times we had a ball land way too close to us or right over our heads; and on a few other fairways we walked past several random balls laying about..?!?!

So, no, I didn't play all that well - despite making a few good tee and approach shots, I still had too many silly mistakes that yielded me too many doubles and triples....

Maybe next time.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

@cksurfdude what course was that?

i played Stonebridge a few weeks ago and it was like a shooting gallery. head had to be on a swivel the whole time 

11 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

@cksurfdude what course was that?

i played Stonebridge a few weeks ago and it was like a shooting gallery. head had to be on a swivel the whole time 

Ha funny coincidence - it was Stonebridge!!

Are you on LI? We should meet up sometime! I'll PM you...

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg