TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

41 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Ha funny coincidence - it was Stonebridge!!

Are you on LI? We should meet up sometime! I'll PM you...

the way you were describing it sounded all too familiar. i went out early (7:12 tee time) and it was still a mess. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

13 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

@cksurfdude what course was that?

i played Stonebridge a few weeks ago and it was like a shooting gallery. head had to be on a swivel the whole time 

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

Ha funny coincidence - it was Stonebridge!!

Are you on LI? We should meet up sometime! I'll PM you...

Stonebridge has one redeeming quality though.

I haven't played there since pre-Covid, but they had a Happy Hour/Barbecue out on the patio with two for one drinks and some great food specials. As long as you avoided incoming golf balls for 4 1/2 hours, the 19th hole was tough to beat.

Do you guys ever play Mill Pond, Cherry Creek or any of the other courses out East? I was up on the Island earlier this summer. I didn't bring my clubs but my friends said it was really hard to get tee times anywhere... 

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

Just now, Grand Stranded said:

I haven't played there since pre-Covid, but they had a Happy Hour/Barbecue out on the patio with two for one drinks and some great food specials. As long as you avoided incoming golf balls for 4 1/2 hours, the 19th hole was tough to beat.

Do you guys ever play Mill Pond, Cherry Creek or any of the other courses out East? I was up on the Island earlier this summer. I didn't bring my clubs but my friends said it was really hard to get tee times anywhere... 

i played about a dozen rounds at the two cherry creek courses back in july and really liked them both.

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

1 hour ago, Grand Stranded said:

Yeah the deck did look nice but by the time we were done we both just wanted to "get the puck 😉 outta there!"

Played Mill Pond once - nice course - though for some unknown reason after a really good tee shot one of the guys behind us decided to drive over onto our fairway looking for extra balls .. and picked up mine! Yeah tried yelling really loudly but he just went about his, uhh, business.... Maybe @Chip Strokes and I should meet up there 😀. Have also played Island's End out by Greenport - that's a nice course, with several challenging holes, and people seem to respect your safety and your (ha ha) balls. Have not tried Cherry Creek or The Links (next door) but have heard they're fun and are on my "wanna visit" list.

Yeah, all the courses around me were solidly booked up ALL Summer ... there were occasional end of day times or you could reserve / pre-pay up to two weeks ahead to get a time! We ended up driving around to different places - and so our "adventure" at Stonebridge!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

played a practice round working on various shots. the MavSZ continues to launch bombs. Did a lot of bump and runs with PW instead of my normal 60* for everything. Icon PW rocks. 

Shot really well, and have been on a bit of a tear ever since I've got this new swing going. 

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I played Cottonwood Hills in Bozeman, MT yesterday and shot a stinker 91.  Absolutely gorgeous day and conditions.  I was one of two singles joining a twosome; the other single was this youngster who was playing a practice round in preparation for the Gallatin Valley Open this Sat/Sun.  The twosome only played the front nine and Thane and I finished the back.  He played from the black and I played from the blue tees.  A former collegiate and pro tour player who has created a pretty interesting business.  Listening to the sound of his first tee shot I knew immediately one in the group had serious game.  It was fun watching his 300+ yard, towering drives, whistle off into the Rocky Mountain air. 

http://voyagela.com/interview/meet-thane-marcus-ringler-glendale-ca/

Anyway, my point in sharing is that regardless of how our individual games turn out on any given day, you just never know who you might end up playing a round with. A super nice guy and I hope to hear that he won the GVO.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Rough morning. The course was chaos at sun up, guys hit into us on 1 and then just drove past us on 2. I woke up with a stiff neck, and by 11 it crept into my right shoulder and there was discomfort at set up. I didn't hit 2 shots in a row for the last 8 holes. Greens were punched & sanded so putting was all over. I was +3 thru 10 and everything fell apart physically.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Rough morning. The course was chaos at sun up, guys hit into us on 1 and then just drove past us on 2. I woke up with a stiff neck, and by 11 it crept into my right shoulder and there was discomfort at set up. I didn't hit 2 shots in a row for the last 8 holes. Greens were punched & sanded so putting was all over. I was +3 thru 10 and everything fell apart physically.

Take Dead Aim

Get some rest for tomorrow!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Get some rest for tomorrow!

Thanks Tony. Been using a tenze machine on it and took ibuprofen. Should be ok good for tomorrow. Though I'm planning on a good warmup session after the drive.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Wow, this has been a tough week.

Played Tuesday and hit my irons very poorly. I'm not a range rat, but I put in some hard work the last two days trying to fix things, and I thought I did. I even hit a few this morning before our 740 tee time, and was just striping it. I couldn't wait too get out there.

The weather wasn't great, misty rain and windy, but I started off with 4 pars and a three putt bogey from about 40 feet. Just like on the range I was hitting the ball really solid, covering it really well. Then... boom! I just lost it. One bad swing after another, and as has been happening lately, my swing got quicker and quicker.

I wasn't the only one to struggle. A 7 cap playing in my group shot 93, so at least I tied him, LOL. Golf is hard, but what's even harder is to keep your composure when things aren't going well. The only good thing I can take from today is that I didn't carry on like he did, and make everyone else's day worse.

Back to the range I guess. Like Hogan said, "the answer is in the dirt". (at least I think that's what he said 🤔)

man i hate playing on the weekends at my local public course. 

10th hole today there were three (!!!) groups on at once. 

full shots were a bit of a mess today, i was having trouble keeping the face closed. 

luckily i can walk away happy about my short game. 

had two great short sided chips that i put to within 5 feet, and a bunker up and down that i rolled out to within 2’ to save par. 

Had a fun day yesterday with the Ohio boys at @tony@CIC 's club.

Got hot out of the gate paring the first 3 hole, then got a bit shaky but shot a 42 on the front. Hit my best drive of the day on the par 5 10th, slightly pulled my hybrid to pin high right of the green, pitched on and the ball tracked all the way to the hole where it hit the pin leaving an easy 3-4 footer for birdie...then the wheels fell off and I ended up with a 47 on the back. Considering the the rating was 70.7 and 131 slope from the white tee's, I was happy but at the same time a little disappointed.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

16 minutes ago, MattF said:

Had a fun day yesterday with the Ohio boys at @tony@CIC 's club.

Got hot out of the gate paring the first 3 hole, then got a bit shaky but shot a 42 on the front. Hit my best drive of the day on the par 5 10th, slightly pulled my hybrid to pin high right of the green, pitched on and the ball tracked all the way to the hole where it hit the pin leaving an easy 3-4 footer for birdie...then the wheels fell off and I ended up with a 47 on the back. Considering the the rating was 70.7 and 131 slope from the white tee's, I was happy but at the same time a little disappointed.

Sounds very familiar... you just described my last month of golf. The only thing different is that you didn't mention it was 2 or 3 bad holes which were the difference between that 89 being an 83 or 84.

We're about the same level golfer it seems. I think I have the ability to play pretty well, but I'm just not doing it for the entire round. It always seems like it's 2 or 3 swings per round that are the culprit, and instead of recovering from them with a bogey, they become a double or triple.

Edited by Grand Stranded

Had a fun day yesterday with the Ohio boys at [mention=68414]tony@CIC[/mention] 's club.

I really liked how Tony said those were the EASY pins yesterday. Just shows how much more work I need to put in to get my game where I want it.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Difficult week. Played Monday, Thursday & Saturday. It’s rained every single day for about 3 weeks. Cart path only every course we played actually some shouldn’t be open. I played as poorly as I can which is now becoming a trend.
Playing tomorrow morning and of course it’s rained already today and more rain expected.
Whining over.....

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played so bad that I should just give golf up.  Wipey 230 yard drives...  frustrating dang game this is.  Couldn’t keep driver or 3 wood on the planet.  Just terrible.  Heeling every shot, even shanked a go zone 58° wedge.  I think I’m going to take up basket weaving.

ok. Better now.  

41 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Played so bad that I should just give golf up.  Wipey 230 yard drives...  frustrating dang game this is.  Couldn’t keep driver or 3 wood on the planet.  Just terrible.  Heeling every shot, even shanked a go zone 58° wedge.  I think I’m going to take up basket weaving.

ok. Better now.  

Had this a few weeks ago it’ll be back!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

33 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Had this a few weeks ago it’ll be back!

Hope you are right.  If not, it might be time to switch to SGI irons and a draw biased driver.  That’s how bad this round was.  And it was because of the driver.  Having a 3 iron in, rather than a 7 or 8 makes a huge difference.  Haha.  

maybe I should have done that iron only round after all... 

42 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Hope you are right.  If not, it might be time to switch to SGI irons and a draw biased driver.  That’s how bad this round was.  And it was because of the driver.  Having a 3 iron in, rather than a 7 or 8 makes a huge difference.  Haha.  

It’s pretty beneficial I think. Use the wedges though lol. I took a 2 week hiatus after the really bad round and it helped

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I knew there was no way I was going to keep scoring in the 70's for the rest of the year. My brother and I played a different course today that was 6200 yards from the white tees. I shot 39 and 44 for an 83. I missed a few putts that might have netted me a 79 or 80 even. I'll take that every time. It was a good day, and the score wasn't terrible...lol.

81 with three doubles. One thanks to a topper three wood into a penalty area, one from a smoked 6 iron over the back of a green and lost (followed by some crap wedge play) and one thanks to more crap wedge play. I need wedge practice badly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

------------------------------

Driver:   Titleist TSr2 11 - UST Helium 5F3

Fairway: Titleist TS2 16.5 and 21 - Evenflow Riptide CB R

Irons: Titleist U505 4U and T300 5-GW - Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R

Wedges:  Cleveland Black RTX ZipCore 54 and Full Face 58 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge 

Putter:  Odyssey TriHot 5K TripleWide

Bag:  Titleist 15 Cart

41 minutes ago, gbtrsc said:

81 with three doubles. One thanks to a topper three wood into a penalty area, one from a smoked 6 iron over the back of a green and lost (followed by some crap wedge play) and one thanks to more crap wedge play. I need wedge practice badly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is normally how I make a double too, some days when the feel is all off the whole goal is only to get on the green reasonably close to the whole to avoid those. Somedays even that doesn't work. I should join in on that wedge practice.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Played Odessa National in DE today.  Had never heard of the course before even though it is less than an hour from here.  Very nice condition and a nice layout with lots of fairway traps, 6 of which I found to be in just my landing area.  I would definitely go back there over a couple other courses in the Middletown area.  Scoring was hard work from where i was driving the ball - ended up at 83 with 6 over on the last 4 holes after a back spasm on 14 due to a slip getting out of the cart.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Well, thanks to Covid-19, the 2020 Buddy Trip was postponed 5 months, but finally came to be this past week(Thursday-Sunday) in Kissimmee, FL. Sixteen players, 4 -4 Bdrm houses rented, 4 courses scheduled, 5 rounds of golf. We played North Shore, Kissimmee Bay Country Club, Falcon’s Fire and Champions Gate National.

We play a Stableford Points game with quotas previously established. Four rounds plus a team Scramble where one player from each different house makes up the teams. Over $1,400 in prize money paid out. Of the 16 players, all but one cashed at some level.......that one was me! In over 10 years of running a Buddy Trip, this was the the first time I failed to cash. I played poorly and could not make my points(25). I had a good round going today at Champions Gate with a chip in birdie on the par 4 #9 but fell apart on the back nine, mainly due to pain from torn ligaments and adhesions from 4 hernia surgeries. The pain was probably because I had played 5 rounds in 4 days.

That said, we all had a great time....except maybe for one player who got hit in the knee from a shanked ball on the final hole.

Image1600050446.037378.jpg

Tour Edge Exotics EXS(11.5*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: Bellum Winmore 707; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Well, I couldn't stand it.  Our courses were closed all weekend for dangerous air quality.  Soooo, my wife and I decided to head north and west about an hours' drive to a course on the Columbia River that was open and had better air quality; not much better,  but they were open.  

IMG_5304.jpg.535ee62483fd4547a727c8d1d0b66ea8.jpg

We've played this course in the past, but not for a couple of years.  They had trash baskets on the course; we haven't had any trash cans since we reopened after the shutdown.  They had benches but the were turned upside down or on their side so you couldn't sit on them.

IMG_5303.jpg.e6595e1d216c63ee346589be678b67ab.jpg

They had tee times available starting at 11:30am; we got there and teed off at 12:10.  No one in front of us and no one behind us... until hole #5 when we caught the tail end of a tournament that the pro shop failed to tell us about.  It was slooooooowwwwww!  Hard to get a rhythm.  When we finished a hole, we spent time chipping and putting because the group in front hadn't even teed off on the next hole yet.  I played OK; shot 41/39 for 80 with 3 birdies, but 2 doubles.  I don't remember striking my irons better than I did today.  The turf was different than ours, and the fairway needed mowing but it was easy to pick the ball.  I had two tap-in birdies; less than a foot from the cup.  The first was on the par 3 #11 hole playing 154y (almost my 4th ace), and the second was on the par 4 hole #13 from 129y out.  

Then on the final 3 holes my wife got her Irish up because one of the guys that finished the tournament was driving his cart back to his house; stopped to chit chat with the foursome in front of us, then proceeded to sit in my wife's line of sight waiting for her to hit into the green.  That's always a recipe for disaster for my wife; she will mishit the ball every time.  Even though it was slow, it was an OK time until then.  It was a long hours' drive home.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

It was a tale of 2 nines today.  43/36:79.  Since I am working on my wedge game I moved up again and hit driver off most tees.  Missed quite a few fairways but was only really in trouble on 2 holes.  Proximity to the hole for my shots wasn't great but I was putting pretty well.  5 fairways, 10 greens, 33 putts.    Fee like my full shots are pretty good;  chip/pitch shots from off the green were just ok (grass wasn't cut so ball was sitting up in the bermuda which added a level of difficulty).  From 100ish and in was mediocre.   Going to try and get some time on the GC Quad to hit some wedge shots. 

I've never played on bermuda where the ball sits up; it always sinks to the bottom, and lucky to find it.  😬

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

7 hours ago, Shankster said:

You just described my normal game if you sub a 3H for that 3 iron.