TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

What a FANTASTIC day. Beautiful early fall day here in the northeast at very nice course that is a treat to play.

Overall 83. 7/14 FIR 10/18 GIR and a few 3 putts. 1 Bird 8 Pars 6 Bogeys 3 Doubles

Overall game was very good (around the green was eh)

image.png.482b4c59ccb4c369fc9f138014eba7fc.png

Handful of PB but beat my best drive....twice:

IMG_5420.PNG.998fbcc2d21a8298e7e3ffb5944004f6.PNGIMG_5421.PNG.8f33906341932f2985d5a6a2e2bd3f55.PNG

Also had a very nice 9 iron that landed about 5' from the pin and spun back to 3' pin high for my only bird of the day:

IMG_2054.jpeg.e2c36c715cefd3805558662fa8158812.jpegIMG_5422.PNG.be463356de69dcf3727939badbc37c5f.PNG

Other than that just a beautiful day (interesting side note the haze in the sky on the first 2 here is from the CA wildfires)

IMG_5415.jpg.d886b31c755a7fd9ad28d5ea4bf68c3a.jpgIMG_5414.jpg.65c4551f6ca4dc88a4b3b47abc9f8018.jpgIMG_5416.jpg.d9e55e1d51873300084c56bc8c90b9cf.jpg

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Finally able to get back on the course after the fire(s) in our area.  The air quality is still in the unhealthy region and the smoke very visible, but we have our member-member Saturday and I needed to get in some swing time.  Had a double bogey and a birdie on both sides and shot 40/40 for an 80.  Not unhappy since I hadn't swung a club in 9 days.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

83 today in kind of a meh round. It was frustrating because it was on a course I feel like I should score better on. But it's one of those courses where they always seem to do something that makes the course always play tougher than it's rated. Pins on ridges, and greens cut so tight they were more dirt than grass. Lots of big brown patches. Hard to chip when the ball doesn't have anything to grip against. Hit the ball great, only threw away 2 shots and everything else was inconsistent short game.

Trying a new system & back home Sunday, so can only go up from here.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Round this evening started with a disappointment as right when I pulled into the parking lot of the course, I got a FedEx delivery notice for one of those long boxes we love so much. Then things got weird...

My normal drive these days has settled right around 250. Getting it 260+ has been an especially good one. Here were some of my drives that my Garmin measured tonight starting with #1:
299 (wtf?!?!?)

There might have been a couple influencing factors. The course was a bit baked (but not incredibly so). I was playing a Pro V1 the whole night when I usually play a Project(s), something I’m now reconsidering. Last, I’ve been working through some swing changes for the past few months, really focused on the driver and tonight the swing off the tee did (generally) feel free and natural. The only bad drive the whole round was a snap hook into the trees the first drive after the 299 blast (I guess I wanted to see how far I could REALLY hit it).
Besides that, I have to think the Tommy Armour Atomic thought FedEx had delivered that Honma driver I surprisingly won on eBay and was fighting for its life (the Honma wasn’t delivered today, it was a 3w and a couple hybrids).

Overall meh putting kept the scoring from being special, +6 overall so right on the handicap, but some of those drives were certainly fun.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

2024 is the year of the short set!

Driver: TaylorMade BRNR 11.5* stiff

Hybrid: PXG 0311 GEN5 19*

Irons: JustGolf Forged Blades (4, 6, 8, PW)

Wedge: 56* Forged Prototype

Putter: PXG Blackjack Center Shaft 34"

Bag: Sunday Golf Loma XL

The smoke is starting to clear out of our area after being at dangerous levels since last Friday.  Our course opened up Wed afternoon, so we made a tee time for this morning.  Got to the course and found that the staff had been busy while closed and plugged and sanded everything.  We played anyway, but it was not worth it.  Shot 88 with one birdie and two doubles.  I average about 31 putts per round... had 40 putts today.  3-putted the first 3 holes.  The greens were so slow, I couldn't get the ball to the hole.  It looked like they hadn't mowed the fairways since last week until yesterday.  Piles of grass all over the fairway and wet from irrigation all night.  The rough hadn't been mowed either; they were mowing it today.  It's usually reasonably short but thick and wiry.  Today it was US Open rough... at least I thought it was.  Thick, tall and wet.  🥴

Not going back until..... Saturday!!  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Went to the club this morning for our Friday game that tees off at 7:30....only to discover that half the fairways were underwater.....no golf today.

So tomorrow morning I am off to Hilton Head for a week. Have tee times for Sunday and Monday at Palmetto Hall Plantation. Weather should be in the mid 70’s and dry.

I am excited!

I haven’t played since Tuesday and hope to play Monday. Way too much water.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Cold and blustery day 60* with a 20 mph wind off the lake. Ended up with a 91 but was happy with the score. Reasons:

My driver was awesome today - last Saturday at the Ohio gathering I couldn't hit a drive. My wife noticed I was putting my weight on my lead foot. The change to a more even weight distribution combined with a tweak to my grip (slightly less strong) and my drives were going straight and long.

Our course was closed since Sunday for grounds maintenance, including punching and sanding the greens. So my putter contributed to the higher score. I hate putting on recently sanded greens.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

45/37: 82 (+10, net even), 36 putts, 4/14 FIR, 9/18 GIR

Personal best 9 on the back, and personal best GIR! I ended the round with 7 GIR in a row, easily the longest streak of greens in reg I've hit. Had a tough stretch to start, Double, Bogey, Double, Double, but didn't Double again the rest of the round. Honestly could have easily gone lower too; I hit a ton of putts on the perfect line but the greens were so much slower than I'm used to. Dew was still on the greens, and the ball picked up all the water and sprayed it, which I think really slowed them down. 3 3-putts and only 3 1-putts definitely doesn't do it justice.

But my approach game was as good as it's ever been, and I was driving it really well on top of it. I came in the back 9 so well I almost just went back out for another 18!

And missed a 30ish foot eagle putt by about 2 inches! But I'll never complain about tap in birdies 😉 

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

48/39 = 87.   As you can tell, the back nine was in better shape. Three straight doubles on holes 3-5.  Didn't score any better today on our aerated course, but I drove the ball better.  Much better.  Short game and putting on the greens are what's keeping me from my usual 81 round.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Cold here this morning, 32, very close to having a frost delay. Went 41/39 for an 80, one of these days I'll get under 80 again probably just thinking about it to much. Today was terrible was if the tee. Two penalty shots on the front that led to bogey and a handful more in the trees, though I like to blame this on the very cold no warmup start. Otherwise hit 10/18 greens which is high for me, and only one three putt.

Not the best day to start Arccos tracking with the short shorts in the cold, but it was fun to see some of the metrics. Of course today was easy to figure out the problem ☺️.

IMG_20200919_070554.jpg

IMG_20200919_070559.jpg

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

I'm really happy tonight. After playing about as badly as I can last Saturday, I had a nice round on Tuesday, and backed it up with an even better one today on the same course I imploded on last week. What a difference a week makes, I improved on last week's debacle by 16 strokes!!!

We had a Tropical storm come through on Thursday, so the course was soaking wet, and we were cart path only. It was also a damp and windy day, so after months of extreme heat and humidity down here, this morning was jacket weather, and the cooler of ice water was replaced with a thermos filled with coffee.

I hit the ball extremely well, but came up short a bunch of times either due to wind or my ball plugging into the soft, wet grass. My short game has been improving and today it really helped me a lot, either getting up and down for par, or saving bogey. I shot 40 - 38, broke 80, and took 1st place by 3 strokes.

Golf is a great game, but it can be an extremely frustrating one also. I said this Tuesday, but I'd like to once again thank my internet friends here who gave me the encouragement they did last week when I was so down on myself and my game. Hopefully an old dog can still learn some new tricks, and I start dealing better with the ups and downs on my own though, LOL. 

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

23 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I'm really happy tonight. After playing about as badly as I can last Saturday, I had a nice round on Tuesday, and backed it up with an even better one today on the same course I imploded on last week. What a difference a week makes, I improved on last week's debacle by 16 strokes!!!

We had a Tropical storm come through on Thursday, so the course was soaking wet, and we were cart path only. It was also a damp and windy day, so after months of extreme heat and humidity down here, this morning was jacket weather, and the cooler of ice water was replaced with a thermos filled with coffee.

I hit the ball extremely well, but came up short a bunch of times either due to wind or my ball plugging into the soft, wet grass. My short game has been improving and today it really helped me a lot, either getting up and down for par, or saving bogey. I shot 40 - 38, broke 80, and took 1st place by 3 strokes.

Golf is a great game, but it can be an extremely frustrating one also. I said this Tuesday, but I'd like to once again thank my internet friends here who gave me the encouragement they did last week when I was so down on myself and my game. Hopefully an old dog can still learn some new tricks, and I start dealing better with the ups and downs on my own though, LOL. 

Hey!  That's what we are here for.  I knew it wouldn't last; happens to all of us now and then.  I'm glad it didn't last very long.

Not so good today...82.  

1208595114_WillowLakes19Sep.png.372a4f9a8e0a530f3914d10ec1960541.png

Drove it pretty well, and long at times.  But the GIR was pretty bad.  I've been following the Planemate protocols for about 3 weeks now and while I'm confident I'm improving in terms of overall contact and quality of strike, I sometimes find my timing getting out of whack and hitting some well struck blocks if that makes any sense.

Overall my short game let me down more than anything, bladed a couple wedges and missed a lot of makeable putts.  Eagled 13 though...that's what I'll remember from the round!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

We had our club's member-member tournament today.  27 holes, 9 best ball, 9 chapman, and 9 scramble.  My partner and I didn't fare too well.  Not that we played poorly, we just didn't play well.  On the best ball, I shot 39 and as a team we scored even par gross and -3 net.  The scramble was on the inside 9, by far our toughest 9 holes on the course.  We shot even par.  On the Chapman, we stunk it up.  Maybe because we were getting tired or maybe it was just one of those days, but we ended up shooting 6 over for the 9 holes.  Hit some good shots, hit some stinkers.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

I got out for a rare 18 yesterday afternoon and it was a stinker of an 86.  All kinds of excuses available but I just lost about a shot a hole either hitting a bad shot,  miscalculated yardages, a bad bounce on a decent shot, poor chip, not knowing where hazards were on a blind shot lines, 3 putts on aerified greens, being stiff after all the morning lawn work etc.   I hit driver better than I had in a few weeks and it was a beautiful day here so at least I had that.  

The temptation was too much and I took both drivers, had a little competition and by the end of the round the G410 had regained gamer status, so I had to remove it from the classified ad.  I said in the ad if somebody didn't buy the thing I wouldn't be able to resist for too long.  I think I have the golf club version of A.D.D.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

I got out for a rare 18 yesterday afternoon and it was a stinker of an 86.  All kinds of excuses available but I just lost about a shot a hole either hitting a bad shot,  miscalculated yardages, a bad bounce on a decent shot, poor chip, not knowing where hazards were on a blind shot lines, 3 putts on aerified greens, being stiff after all the morning lawn work etc.   I hit driver better than I had in a few weeks and it was a beautiful day here so at least I had that.  

The temptation was too much and I took both drivers, had a little competition and by the end of the round the G410 had regained gamer status, so I had to remove it from the classified ad.  I said in the ad if somebody didn't buy the thing I wouldn't be able to resist for too long.  I think I have the golf club version of A.D.D.

Just a club ho like the rest of us 😂

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

- 43 (+7)
- 3/8 FIR
- 3/9 GIR (1 birdie)
- 16 Putts (7 2-putts, 2 1-putts)

First post-#CC4 round, which I had to shorten to nine holes because of an outing. That meant teeing off the back nine, which bought me a little more time because you can track your tee shot into the sunrise. Definitely getting to the end of the season both with light and temperature. I couldn't play yesterday because of frost, and this morning it was somewhere right around 40 degrees. Brr.

I didn't swing particularly well, really blocking a lot of stuff right at the moment, but really just killed the round with a triple bogey on No. 11. Short tee shot, blocked 5 iron down the right side into the trees and then trying to get out of the trees I squared up a trunk and sent the ball about 25 yards behind me. Also thinned a 54 wedge on No. 13 after a really nice tee shot to turn a good birdie look and guaranteed par into a bogey, and then slipped on the wet grass on No. 14 which led me to have to lay up twice before reaching the green.

Still, I putted the best I have in a while this morning so I'm happy about that. And I'm not striking the ball terribly, just think I'm swaying/sliding just a little and that's causing the blocked shots. Overall everything has way less movement than I had previously, and that's a good thing because trying to play a 10-20 yard slinging hook on every shot is no easy task.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

45/42:87 at Palmetto Hall-Arthur Hills course, Par 72, played it at 5631 yards, 67.8/117. I had a birdie on #17 Par 3, 143 yards.

Image1600629213.809463.jpg

Image1600629259.555138.jpgImage1600629279.952847.jpg

Tomorrow we play the Robert Cupp course at Palmetto Hall.

Tour Edge Exotics EXS(11.5*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: Bellum Winmore 707; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

45/42:87 at Palmetto Hall-Arthur Hills course, Par 72, played it at 5631 yards, 67.8/117. I had a birdie on #17 Par 3, 143 yards.

Image1600629213.809463.thumb.jpg.a3d3a3d2eb53e4ece79f2c0b076bb9a1.jpg

Image1600629259.555138.thumb.jpg.6051aa4f0bde0dd8f6f45f61208c8cb3.jpgImage1600629279.952847.thumb.jpg.a2fc1df349b8bf04a97911b61e7c5692.jpg

Tomorrow we play the Robert Cupp course at Palmetto Hall.

Tour Edge Exotics EXS(11.5*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: Bellum Winmore 707; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

What no rain???? Lucky you!!
We’ve gotten rain bands all day today.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Absolutely beautiful day today!!  No smoke, sunny with temp at 65º at 7:30 tee time and warmed up to 80º when we finished at 11am.  Ball striking still continues to be much better than the last few weeks.  Still having trouble getting the ball to the hole on chips and putts on our greens... still slow; beautiful looking but slow.  Shot 42 on the front nine, better than the 48 yesterday, and another 39 on the back nine for an 81 that included four (4) 3-putts, but I had NO doubles or worse!!!  I'm reading the putts well, just leaving the putt short, dead in the heart.  I also need to fly the ball closer to the hole on chips/pitches.  I had been playing more bump 'n runs, and they just don't run like I think they should.  

38/40 today.  3 birdies today, 2 of them were gross skins and one of them paid both gross and net.   Double bogeyed a par 3 when I 3 putted 😄  

4 minutes ago, CarlH said:

38/40 today.  3 birdies today, 2 of them were gross skins and one of them paid both gross and net.   Double bogeyed a par 3 when I 3 putted 😄  

😱 

Nice round though!!

29 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Shot an 88 today in sunny but chilly weather. It was about 60 when my wife and I teed off, however, the wind was blowing 15-20. Driver worked for the most part today, but the greens were challenging since they were just punched and sanded a few days ago.

An issue that's surfaced is my short game. My wedges 52*, 56* and 60* have all lost distance. Need to figure what's going on - back to the practice holes next week.

You are older.   🤣

2 hours ago, revkev said:

Played 9 regular holes and shot 38. Then hit all irons on the back for the D7 test. The wind was 20 mph with gusts going up from there. Not ideal test conditions. But I saw the value of carrying a 4 iron. 🙂

Oh and I walked....

IMG_2271.JPG

Still got the SCORs!!  Good for you.  Mine are sitting in the garage, except for the 50 that Martha stole to replace her set A wedge.