Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Wife told me to go play, so I caught the super twilight after work. First hole I hit a great drive down the right side of the fairway, then threw an absolutely dart of a gap wedge right over the flag, two feet for a kick in birdie.

Let’s not talk about the rest...

2024 is the year of the short set!

Driver: TaylorMade BRNR 11.5* stiff

Hybrid: PXG 0311 GEN5 19*

Irons: JustGolf Forged Blades (4, 6, 8, PW)

Wedge: 56* Forged Prototype

Putter: PXG Blackjack Center Shaft 34"

Bag: Sunday Golf Loma XL

62239385360__B7AA68D1-3166-4203-9AB2-6AF550B70B4C.JPG

Played this diabolical par 3 in central Texas (White Bluff Old Course) and after all these years, I thought for sure they’d cut down this oak in the middle of the tee box. Nothing like flighting down a 7 iron but then hoping it climbs high enough to the elevated green. Just a few choice words were muttered upon arrival of this hole.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

21 hours ago, cnosil said:

Total disaster of a round. 46/46:92. 5 was a magic number: 5 fairways, 5 greens, 5 3 putts, 5 doubles or worse.

This was just a round to forget and move on.

I'm laughing only because I just had a "stinker round" a couple weeks ago.  The round felt worse than the 91 result.  Of course I was playing from the blue tees (71.5/130/6678), trying to keep up with the pro who was getting ready for the weekend event (73.9/135/7053). At the first tee, I almost said "oh what the hell, I'll give the TIPS a try"... glad I reconsidered 🤪. His drives were easily 2x further than the average 21 yards/hole difference in distance.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I'm laughing only because I just had a "stinker round" a couple weeks ago.  The round felt worse than the 91 result.  Of course I was playing from the blue tees (71.5/130/6678), trying to keep up with the pro who was getting ready for the weekend event (73.9/135/7053). At the first tee, I almost said "oh what the hell, I'll give the TIPS a try"... glad I reconsidered . His drives were easily 2x further than the average 21 yards/hole difference in distance.

I was actually playing up to work on 125 and under. It really was just on of those days...bad shots, bad decisions, and after the plus 10 front I just kinda lost mental focus to try and play decent. Hit the ball better during most wanted testing yesterday and hope to do the same tomorrow and get in a little more short game work before my round on Sunday.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Last 2 rounds have been nothing to talk about really, after weeks of finally getting my game in the right direction. 2 back to back rounds of 87 and 89 and the first one was just a horrible putting day with 38 putts and the second was back 9 doubles that couldn't get out of.. Stupid game of golf.. 🤬

But hey lets try again this weekend and get the ship back on the right course..

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

Played like Poo, straightened it out on the range after.. tomorrow will either confirm or deny

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Our course hasn't mowed the tee boxes in a week.  It's like hitting out of rough; put a short tee in the ground on a par 3 and the club will hit grass before it hits the ball.  The rough is thick.  Oh yeah... and it's wet from irrigation last night.  Workers were mowing the rough at 7:30am leaving big piles of cut grass everywhere, and it's possible to still lose your ball in the rough.  Greens are still slow, but getting quicker every day.  I have to pretend that the hole is 3 feet further than it actually is in order to get the ball to the hole.  Sometimes I forget to do that.  They look quick, but aren't.

Shot a miserable 46 on the front nine that included a birdie on #2.  Made a double on the par 5 #5 hole; great drive in the middle of the fairway and was never out of the fairway all the way to the green!!  How does that happen??  I managed a good par on the par 5 #9 that seemed to turn my game around.  Shot 37 on the back nine with a birdie on #14.  Both of my birdies came on close approaches with a wedge, not from good putts.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I’m playing a links course for the first time on the Oregon coast this weekend, pretty excited! I’ll let you all know how it goes... and no it’s not Bandon

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

League is officially over, but we will continue to play until the time change as weather permits. The only thing at stake is skins, so my friend and I decided to try more "hero" shots when we were out of position since a skin was unlikely. It gave us a chance to practice shots we wouldn't otherwise try. A couple worked out, the others, not so much, but it was fun to try. My score would have been 45-ish, but I didn't record a score for one hole. I had pulled my drive left on a dogleg right par 5, under a tree. Had my score mattered, I would have punched out and moved on. Instead, I saw a decent-sized window and tried a full 3w. I smoked it, but it ricocheted off the one branch that was a concern to me. None of the 4 of us had any clue what direction it went and it wasn't any place obvious, so I recorded an X and dropped about 100 yards out. After we tee'd off the next hole, my friend found my ball in the rough in front of the tee box. It travelled a LONG ways for a ball deflected by a branch.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

7 hours ago, twyatt700 said:

I’m playing a links course for the first time on the Oregon coast this weekend, pretty excited! I’ll let you all know how it goes... and no it’s not Bandon emoji17.png

Always wanted to play a more true links course it seems like fun. Hope you enjoy it.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

I found a par 3 course about 10 minutes from home that you can pay $12 to play all day so i have been playing there for the past 3 weeks working on my iron game. Between that and going to the range every week it seems to be paying off. Also finally dunked a flop shot from a few yards off the green this past week 

22 minutes ago, Tpoole22 said:

I found a par 3 course about 10 minutes from home that you can pay $12 to play all day so i have been playing there for the past 3 weeks working on my iron game. Between that and going to the range every week it seems to be paying off. Also finally dunked a flop shot from a few yards off the green this past week 

I started playing on a par 3, when many of them were not par 3s. Great way to work on your game.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

2 hours ago, Tpoole22 said:

That sounds like a lot of fun, nd something I'd enjoy a lot more than going to the range.

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

18 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Shot an 80 today.  Should have been better, but they just punched the greens and they're heavily sanded.  Putting was, to say the least, a challenge for everyone.

...NO double bogeys though I'm guessing??? 🤪

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

10 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

...NO double bogeys though I'm guessing??? 🤪

ummm....yep....one

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

On 9/20/2020 at 8:16 AM, Shapotomous said:

I think I have the golf club version of A.D.D.

Hah that's why a lot of us are on here!
Plus... there's a thread for that:
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/13231-what-have-you-bought-lately-cha-club-hos-anonymous/

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

fall is definitely here...had a 3:48 tee time and only got 9 in comfortably. 

what an up and down 9 holes. 

5 pars, a bogey, two doubles, and a triple for 44

i was in scramble mode the whole time. driving iron was blocked right, i couldn’t close the club face to save my life. 

short game was awesome today though. 4th hole, par 3, hit my tee shot pin high but right of the green. chipped to a foot. 7th hole approach shot found the green side bunker on the short side. hit a beautiful high arcing flop shot that just caught the fringe and rolled to 2 feet to save par. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Our Wednesday traveling group went to a muni called Thunderbird in Huron, Ohio. We played the north course which is a hilly parkland style with narrow fairways and lots of trees. The greens were just punched and sanded and were extremely slow. Ended up with an 89, mostly due to my putting.

That time of year already? I've only played the south at Thunderbird, how do the two 18s compare?

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Got to play 9 yesterday afternoon and things improved greatly from the previous round.  7 pars, 1 bird and a double on a lost ball.  Never caught anyone so we got around in 1:25 and didn't feel like we were playing fast.  👍

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.