TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played a fun Par 3 yesterday afternoon - holes range from 85 to 160 yds and several are tight with trees lining both sides and overhanging branches.

Been taking a series of lessons .. with the recent focus on my iron swing .. and am very (very!) happy to say some of the good stuff is actually starting to sink in!! Hit 5 / 9 greens (PB) - was almost 6, ball was on the left-front fringe near the pin - with pretty good (for me) distance and direction control.

Was +2 going into the last hole with 1 birdie, 4 pars, 3 bogeys - and one of the bogeys was a 3-putt after hitting the (130 yd) green! The first putt was right online and headed down the slightest downslope toward the hole when it just took off..?!? Ran waaaay past the hole... Second putt was also right online and the right distance, too, but .. did not take the break on that same slight slope that "should have" (quote-unquote) pushed it towards the hole... Sheesh silly putting!

Another bogey was a bad tee shot followed by a good pitch uphill, so a bit of a blind shot, but hit it a little low and it just ran through the green ... but: almost chipped in the next one! It took the slightest right turn just in front of the hole and finished only 3" past. Third bogey was just two sloppy shots in a row.

So .. #9. Solid tee shot and just the right distance (120 yds downhill), too, and only a few yards left of the small green ... but the ball hit something on the ground and took a big bounce and disappeared down the hill behind the hole... Dropped a ball and proceeded to fluff and duff two chips and hack the first putt for a nice double-par triple!

Anyway, we'll get 'em next time, right? But like I said, very happy with the improvement with the irons 👍
(and please pleeease pleeeeeeeeze let's hope it "sticks"!!) 

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Overall, played poorly today. Front 9, was getting too quick with my tempo with driver, was hitting big push fades and push slices. Also struggled with hitting pushes with irons as well. 

Putting wasn't great today. Greens were aerated earlier in the week, so the greens were still sandy. Just really hard to putt when the greens are sandy, bumpy, and wet from a lot of rain.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

50/49 for 99. My inability to get off the tee is absolutely maddening. I had a number of good rounds in a row where my driver was pretty decent and the last 2-3 my tee game has disappeared. So frustrating taking repeated penalties and losing balls.

On the good side I parred 3 holes in a row which got me really excited for a decent round. Boy did that end quickly.

ETA: Also I lost my phone on hole 15. Thankfully I was able to find it relatively quickly but it threw me completely off. So now that’s keys I’ve lost on the course and now my phone too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

76 (41/35). Played really well from the 7th hole onward. Putted well! I used my Dad’s old Anser and my proximity to the hole on second putts was better than it’s been in awhile. It was a good day.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

It was an interesting day today...lol. On Thursday, I bent over to pick up a tennis ball for my dog. I felt my left quad muscle pop. I have been nursing it since.  I played today with my brother. The first drive was agony. I thought I was going to die!  I tried to swing easy and within myself for the remaining 17 holes. 

My brother beat me by a stroke..................... that has only happened twice in the last 5 years...lol. No excuses on my part.... I missed putts that I shouldn't have. I shot 85 and he shot 84. It was a great day and I bought him a beer at the end of the round for beating me. He played well.... and I was/am very happy for him!

15 hours ago, russtopherb said:

50/49 for 99. My inability to get off the tee is absolutely maddening. I had a number of good rounds in a row where my driver was pretty decent and the last 2-3 my tee game has disappeared. So frustrating taking repeated penalties and losing balls.

On the good side I parred 3 holes in a row which got me really excited for a decent round. Boy did that end quickly.

ETA: Also I lost my phone on hole 15. Thankfully I was able to find it relatively quickly but it threw me completely off. So now that’s keys I’ve lost on the course and now my phone too.

Here's a sample of how things went yesterday, I'm still kicking myself over this so I wanted to post it to get it out of my system 😄

174 yard par 3. Pin's in the front of a green heavily sloping back to front. My 5i tee shot goes left into some trees, we didn't hear it deflect and land so that one's gone. OK, fine. Everyone else tees off, I hit an easy provisional well short so I can chip up, knowing if I have a big downhill putt I'm looking at a nasty score. So there's shot 3.

I chip up to the green for 4... and the ball rolls back off the green. Now I'm putting from the fringe for 5 and I'm not even on the green. 

As I finally go to putt for 6, one of the people we were paired up with goes "hey, who's ball is that over there?" Yup, you guessed it - my initial shot made it through the trees and was sitting down in a thick patch of rough. Could have theoretically chipped up from there for a CHANCE at par. But since it looked to all of us like the initial tee shot was gonzo, I didn't even think to look for it.

THAT was how the majority of the round went. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

6 hours ago, jlukes said:

Had the pleasure of playing at the hole club of @Philly Golf Guy - Ledgerock Golf Club yesterday. Fantastic course and I played really well. Shot 79 with one double. The double came from a diabolical short grass area alongside 17 green. 

Also bogeyed a par 5 after being in a greenside bunker in two. Unfortunately heavy rain the prior day led to this particular bunker playing like wet cement

Was nearly automatic off the tee and my irons were as solid as ever. 

9FE4B12E-DDC3-4C5B-AB5D-B28E84456B47.jpeg

017B300F-C372-46F9-97A3-6919EF7A3858.jpeg

89C06480-5AC7-40A3-9DA6-034276FD9759.jpeg

87FF8781-A05D-4523-B71A-42184EC12158.jpeg

Great pics, looks like a beautiful track.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

image.png.05de966605b9b501566e5ac7b10fb972.png

was chunking shots and my short game was severely out of whack...i was shooting mid 80s just 3 weeks ago but that was with 2-3 rounds a week...took a 2 week break because of a newborn lol

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

Bahahahaha, played in 70-90 kph winds and crazy rain. Shot a 48 and was super happy about it. The winds were so strong I needed to aim almost 70 yards offline to hit my target area. This was the worst weather I have ever played in so only played 9 holes but had a super good time, drinking beers and shooting the s*** with buddies.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

It is funny how your perspective changes! I hit 82 on Saturday in the competition, course changes caught me out. Greens changed up by about 2 on the stint, 36 putts and chipping was tough. Come off really disappointed. A year ago I would have been happy but I’m hitting the ball so well if I don’t break 80 I’m on a downer. Bounce game today and a 78 with 2 sloppy doubles.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

That time of year already? I've only played the south at Thunderbird, how do the two 18s compare?

Take Dead Aim

I much prefer north, which by the way is generally open year round. South is more wide open, same hilly terrain, a few more 'hidden' creeks to swallow your golf ball, and some shallow bunkers. As mentioned, north is a bit narrower, lots of trees and some pretty challenging greens. Last Wednesday we paid $24. with single rider cart. Less expensive than our special deal with Plum Brook.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I much prefer north, which by the way is generally open year round. South is more wide open, same hilly terrain, a few more 'hidden' creeks to swallow your golf ball, and some shallow bunkers. As mentioned, north is a bit narrower, lots of trees and some pretty challenging greens. Last Wednesday we paid $24. with single rider cart. Less expensive than our special deal with Plum Brook.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
That's good to know, I'm looking for ways to keep the game going over winter. And that's a good price too. Looks to be much tighter in the satellite map. Bet it's a nice looking course once the trees change colors.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

31 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Nah. Me, I get a little thrill inside trying to guess the direction of every tee shot... 😂😂😂

That's NOT a thrill...it's a little bit of 💩 coming out!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

Hah! ..so speaking of tee shots...

Played 18 yesterday, from the front tees with my wife, and (still!!) put myself into varying degrees of trouble on most of the Par 4s and 5s. Had a bad case of the lefts (RH'ed) .. which was kinda interesting .. as up to now my golfing experience has mostly been right misses off the tee. Yet somehow only had one ball go really waaaay left and OB.

So had a bunch of punch-outs for my second shots...

And then somehow... seemed to get the tee troubles under control the last three holes with solid tee shots, if just a little left of my intended line.

Irons - thanks to recent lessons - were mostly pretty good! A few chunks and thins but over the round was able to hit a bunch close to what I wanted .. yea! Short game was mostly pretty good, too - yeah a few, but very few, sloppy mistakes (including the one bunker I dropped myself into) / dropped shots.

Have to brag 😉 but on #18 Par 5 - good round, bad round I try to "finish in style" - I had a really solid tee shot .. launched straight and flew far .. hit a solid second into a good position .. and nailed the approach dropping the ball right where I was looking on the green!

Don't worry, tho, I quickly got my comeuppance - I converted (ha ha) that outside birdie chance 1-putt into a 3-putt bogey ... first putt was maybe 20 feet and I hit it just as intended, line and speed, only to watch it break uphill?!? by the hole ... where I then proceeded to miss the 2 footer...

So overall round actually went reasonably well, one of my better 18 hole rounds of 93 (36 putts) - and that was with 5 (count 'em: FIVE) doubles and one triple - so making progress and have plenty of room to improve 👍

2footer.gif.ae7dff4fe102e3480773db1c2d08a0ef.gif

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

After 2 rounds where I really struggled (both about 14 over) for very different reasons (6 x 3 putts, then couldn't hit the planet off the tee) I found a bit of form today, despite some extremely poor shots.

Drove it pretty well, a massive improvement from my last round. 10/14 fairways, with only one of my misses hurting. Distance was closer to normal. Fairways were very soft after lots of recent rain. Shot 9 over despite 2 very soft doubles and some awful swings. Bladed it through the back  twice from 110, and once from 120. A couple of birdies helped balance up the ledger. My short game is struggling to adjust to soft and slow greens post coring. Hoping that they firm up and roll better over the next few weeks.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy