TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played in a local FB group outing yesterday.  

The good first, I hit 13/14 fairways.   

But shot 97 😞   Card filled with bogeys and DB   Too many penalty strokes—on par 3’s and a couple par 4 approaches, that killed the round. 

Wedge play and putting kept it in double digits   

The new T100s/T200, I hit them OK, but they felt very good!  Still need to get the feel of the distances on them.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Managed to get out for a second 18 today while the weather's still decent!

83 (+11, net -4), 6/14 FIR, 9/18 GIR (PB), 36 putts

Another day of all around really good ball striking! I lost one driver OB, and one bad pulled iron shot that careened off the cart path into the water, other than that it was a super clean round.

My putting again held me back just a bit though. I lipped out a TON of putts, but I was hitting my lines really well again so at least that's a positive. Just gotta get some better reads and I think I could have been 5 or 6 strokes even lower honestly. Even so, I tied my PB on this course! Had some really nice lags too.

I've also been waaaay better with my long irons, which has been a game changer. Probably the first time I've ever hit two par 5 greens in 2 shots in one round. If my wife and I didn't have plans I'd be tempted to go out and play another round 😂 Great day, especially with the surprisingly nice weather!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

42 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Beautiful weather and good golf.   10 Fairways, 12 Greens, 34 Putts.  41/35:76.    

Hit the ball really well today and was able to keep my swing under control all day.  Couple of irons were pull hooks,  but generally the ball was going on a good line.   Still a few struggles with the short game,   0 up and downs on the 6 missed greens.    

Shot of the day was 10th hole,  ball was at the bottom of bermuda rough, ball was below my feet,  148 to middle of green,  155 to pin.   Perfect contact;  when I got to the green,  I thought the ball had rolled off the green because I didn't see the ball.  Didn't roll off,  went in the hole for eagle!

That is a Shot of the Day!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Back to earth today with a very tired and hungover +3 74. Finished with the two days at -1 gross which was good for some coin. Not a bad three days at -4 including my tune up round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

83 with three birdies and three doubles. . Damn doubles keeping me from the 70s for several rounds lately.

------------------------------

Driver:   Titleist TSr2 11 - UST Helium 5F3

Fairway: Titleist TS2 16.5 and 21 - Evenflow Riptide CB R

Irons: Titleist U505 4U and T300 5-GW - Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R

Wedges:  Cleveland Black RTX ZipCore 54 and Full Face 58 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge 

Putter:  Odyssey TriHot 5K TripleWide

Bag:  Titleist 15 Cart

1 minute ago, gbtrsc said:

83 with three birdies and three doubles. emoji2959.pngemoji2959.pngemoji2959.pngemoji2959.pngemoji2959.png. Damn doubles keeping me from the 70s for several rounds lately.

I know that feeling very well. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

82(40/42). Not a good round. Putting and chipping were pretty good since I was at 1.56 putts per hole. I only hit 5 GIR, 28%, hit 57% of FIR. Ugh. Approach game wasn’t good at all.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

3 minutes ago, PMookie said:

82(40/42). Not a good round. Putting and chipping were pretty good since I was at 1.56 putts per hole. I only hit 5 GIR, 28%, hit 57% of FIR. Ugh. Approach game wasn’t good at all.

I can sympathize with that today just had no direction with the driver. When it was in play no real problems, but plenty of holes were it was in the trees with no real outs. Putting was solid and made a couple up and downs for par, thanks @tommc23 again as the Equalizer 52 was responsible for both of those. Not real great birde ops either. 41/41 for 82.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Didn't play today, but played yesterday. Two-man scramble, net event. Requirement for 6 tee shots from each player. We finished even par gross. On my own ball ... I was even! My poor partner had such a difficult day. Longest putt he made was 2 feet. All over the course. I didn't even get to hit a tee shot on 18 ... we HAD to use his, whevever it went. Maybe the best shot he hit all day ... 230, down the middle. My 6-iron layup and a 9-iron to 18" made for a nice closing birdie.

I truly felt bad for him ... he was so frustrated, and couldn't find anything. At least net we were T-4 in our flight ....

Yesterday was a really off day.  Shot 45 on the front (3 doubles!), then double the 18th for a 38 on the back.  We had 7 teams today.  My team was a 2 handicap that shot 81, me with my 83, a 9 handicap that shot 85, and a 16 handicapper shooting a 90.  We didn't win.  😄  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Not sure what happend saturday but I shot the worst round of my season, 56 on the front nine, found the water found OB found every sand trap it was a battle. Kinda sorted myself out on the back 9 and shot a 41 but damn that front was brutal!!!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Sloppy “Cart Path Only” again morning 9. Plus 5, not particularly good at anything.

Starting next Monday BIG changes. Cash will be accepted at Pro Shops again, 2 people in carts required, rakes back in traps/bunkers & PVC will be removed holes.
I’m not particularly thrilled w 2 in a cart (except for SWMBO). 2 carts max per 4some will be problematic, we are ALL Seniors and everyone has pre-existing conditions or some kind of problem. There will be blowback on this.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Yeah, that's not good on the carts and not fair. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Not sure what happend saturday but I shot the worst round of my season, 56 on the front nine, found the water found OB found every sand trap it was a battle. Kinda sorted myself out on the back 9 and shot a 41 but damn that front was brutal!!!

It happens sometimes but at j LH East you know you can shoot 40

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Yeah, that's not good on the carts and not fair. 

There will be some Serious S**t coming down.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Had a disappointing 9 hole round - my mental attitude went downhill and then I got mad at myself for letting that happen........

Actually hit a few good, some decent and several ok-ish shots for a basically bogey golf average .. but let myself get distracted and frustrated by the three guys in front of us .. they were those kind of wannabe playahs that acted like they were in the field on a Sunday afternoon at Augusta...

Comically slow, in retrospect, but on this course there wasn't much opportunity to play through 😞

So back to my game ☺️

Still having trouble with going left off the tee; I'm generally making good contact and the ball is flying but they're pulls and or pull-draws. Had one spot-on tee shot .. but dare I hope I can recreate it..?

Irons and wedges were playable, some a little chunky and some a little thin, but generally went in the right direction.

Putting was .. literally .. a little hit or miss - had three (THREE!) 3-putts in 9 holes, offset by three 1-putts for 18 putts total. Two of those 3-putts I had a realistic chance at 1 putting but my speed ended up way off and sent the ball waaaay past the holes both times.

Playing 18 tmrw with an old buddy so hopefully I can keep my s*** together and play some decent golf!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

My wife and I drove down to Corvallis OR (300 mile trip) on Tuesday to see my dad.  He will be 90 next month and has been in COVID locked down for 7 months, so we haven't been able to visit.  We could only sit with him outside for 45 minutes on Tuesday afternoon, then again on Wednesday afternoon for 45 minutes.  They schedule visits for residents every hour, then clean the chairs for the next visit.
So, Wednesday morning with nothing to do, we got the 1st tee time at 8:00am at Spring Hill GC in Albany, OR.  This course used to be private but is now semi-private.  For many years I have driven by the course wishing I could play it.  A few holes front a highway that went to Albany from my mom and dad's house.  This is a lovely course!!  I think it was built in 1960 and has hosted the Oregon Open a few times.  It's not a long course at 6500y from the tips; par 72, rating 71.7 and slope 129.  I played the White tees at 5960y; 68.9/124.  Never been on the course before; shot 42/37 = 79 with one birdie and NO doubles or worse!!.  I was very happy with that score since I was in 5 bunkers that were very firm, wet sand; nothing like sand at my course.  My wife shot a very decent 88, and had two good bunker shots as well..
Although the grass was very wet, there were no puddles.  The course had been plugged and sanded recently, and there was a little sand on the greens, but they rolled quite nicely.  If I lived in the area, I would join this club AND the price is very reasonable IMO.
Some photos:
The chipping green hadn't been mowed yet this morning!!
IMG_5336.jpeg.0edac9fa778db6ef7b3392be2b95067e.jpeg

Me on the 1st tee...
IMG_5337.jpeg.8c5beec64c6cc09333402bccdcde03ac.jpeg

Hole pics, can't remember which holes...
IMG_5342.jpeg.21d273339c779627a2b441c52118b108.jpeg
IMG_5343.jpeg.194350fc9909a052e59635bb69e5b524.jpeg

Hole #9 looking at the clubhouse... YES, that's the clubhouse!!
IMG_5339.jpeg.f5c4a81456aee57cf4dda976d144c8a0.jpeg

I was in a groove on the back nine.  Here's something I can NOT do at my course...  back up the ball on a green!!  Normally, my ball lands on a green, maybe make a slight dent, then roll forward.  Not here!!  At my course this ball would have been next to the hole... but probably in the cup!  
IMG_5341.jpeg.38a75635b8128034bd08e057f791133a.jpeg

The view afterwards, sitting on the patio having a couple beers.  #18 green on the right; #9 green on the left, and out of the photo on the left you can watch people playing their 2nd shot all the way to the #1 green.
IMG_5345.jpeg.c9789e76f24c2e39fec4bf6c520bdff3.jpeg

90 wow, those are great genes! The course looks fantastic - I assume the clubhouse is also a hotel?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

5 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

90 wow, those are great genes! The course looks fantastic - I assume the clubhouse is also a hotel?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Nope!  Most of it is closed now because of COVID.  The bottom level has a grill and the patio that we sat on, as well as the rest rooms, men's and ladies locker rooms and fitness center.  The upper level includes a dining area that was closed.  I didn't go up there, but will try to do so next visit.  It used to be private, but they had to go semi-private to help pay bills.  They also have a nice pool.  Membership for single is $3190 for a single, including unlimited range pass.  A $1250 initiation fee is being waived right now; must need new members!

This is basically what a membership at our muni costs, and it's not nearly as nice.  The only problem is it's the Willamette Valley (where I grew up) and it rains, and rains, and rains a lot.  It's nice now, but I don't think I would want to play there next month or until late spring!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

17 hours ago, MattF said:

Played very poorly yesterday for a 93. Had no idea with the driver until the last 3 holes which I finished +1. Learned quite a bit about my set up from those last three holes that I'll take with me when I play on Friday.

I was paired up with a father and son. The boy plays for my local high school team and was playing a practice round for a tournament at the club today. That kid can hit the ball a mile. He was hitting 3 wood off the tee from the blues (I play the whites) and on my best straightest drive was longer by 20+ yards.

I play with kids like that occasionally.  I always tell them that they will hit the ball just as far as I do when they are my age.  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 10/3/2020 at 6:50 PM, Grand Stranded said:

Between lost balls in water, trees, and even the rough(???), two unplayable plugged lies, it was a double bogey fest. Not sure what my actual score would've been, probably around 90-92.  I only made 6 pars and a bunch of bogeys. I also picked up after double a bunch of times because of the format. 

You can take free relief if your ball is embedded in the general area.

6 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Had a disappointing 9 hole round - my mental attitude went downhill and then I got mad at myself for letting that happen........

Better call Nancy Lopez.  I'm sure the guarantee has not run out yet.  😃

Participated in a scramble with a few buddies yesterday at Sagamore Country Club in Noblesville.  Greens were punched about a week ago but starting to heal and our team was able to make a lot of putts.  When I swung within myself, I had a lot of good shots - not great, but was pleased with how I played overall.  We used a lot of my drives and even more of my approaches.  Unfortunately for the group I was not attacking pins, but still coming up with 15 - 25 foot attempts.

Best of the day was honestly a putt that I made for eagle from 60 feet with about 4.5 feet of break.  Also got a hold of a really nice drive on a 350 yard par 4 and had about 10 yards to green.  

Team ended up in second with a 16 under score.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Tuesday 9 hole Exec. Rained this morning (surprise!) and course was wet and sloppy.

Started Bogie, Bogie then had a an epiphany, my grip felt “different” lately. I fooled around w grip and whatta know, height came back, baby draw and distance better!
A while back I switched to the “Align” CCM grips and I think it’s been hurting my grip, backswing somehow.
Finished 5 Pars & 2 Birds adjusting my grip.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Tuesday 9 hole Exec. Rained this morning (surprise!) and course was wet and sloppy.

Started Bogie, Bogie then had a an epiphany, my grip felt “different” lately. I fooled around w grip and whatta know, height came back, baby draw and distance better!
A while back I switched to the “Align” CCM grips and I think it’s been hurting my grip, backswing somehow.
Finished 5 Pars & 2 Birds adjusting my grip.

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 10/5/2020 at 12:52 PM, Rickp said:

There will be some Serious S**t coming down.

They should wait until at least the vaccines have been completed and all us oldies have had a chance to get our shot...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Went early with my buddy to get him warmed up for his qualifier today so we didn't keep score. But the really odd thing was shooting an eagle on the same hole as yesterday.

I really can't remember eagling the hole ever. But this is now with the Mavric and the Speedzone 3-wood

I never even really tried getting home in two, just always played for a good wedge in, and perhaps a birdie. Now that I think of it, just last week I was like a foot off and actually putted for the eagle but missed and had a 6 inch birdie left...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes