TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 minute ago, Rickp said:

Early 9, not sure who showed up!
Shot 3 over, many birdie looks but putter wasn’t cooperating. Driver, F8 Cobra was killin it, Mizzies we’re right on.
Hope this keeps up for a while, long while.
Other 3 guys were playing really well also, finished 2 holes ahead of 2nd group.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Guess it's time for a new putter 😉

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Early 9, not sure who showed up!
Shot 3 over, many birdie looks but putter wasn’t cooperating. Driver, F8 Cobra was killin it, Mizzies we’re right on.
Hope this keeps up for a while, long while.
Other 3 guys were playing really well also, finished 2 holes ahead of 2nd group.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Guess it's time for a new putter

Nooooooo

Rick

Left Hand, 

Nooooooo

Okay then just switch to one of the others in your closet.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Walking 9 round with the old(er) guys today.  Went to the course; it was 61º sunny with no wind.  Five minutes before tee time, clouds rolled in and the wind started blowing about 15-20 mph... figures!  🙄

Well, the Men's Club tournament was over yesterday, and the club removed the putting pins on the practice green; not sure why.  They also spread a thin layer of sand on all the greens this morning after rolling them last Friday.  As a result the green speed was a little slower than on the weekend; not much but a little slower.

I had one birdie and one bogey for another EVEN PAR round of 37.  Drives were OK; not great. but given the wind I was happy that I didn't have any bad tee shots.  I wish I had time to play the back nine.

Fairways:  5/7
GIR:   4/9
Putts:   13   The putter was working very well; made 3 putts over 8 feet, one for birdie on #6.

On the par 4 #3 hole with wind from the right and water left, I started the ball down the right side and it ended up in the middle of the fairway.  I had an 8i into the green over water with the pin front just over a pot bunker and bunker to the right and behind.  I started the ball on the right side of the green and thought the wind had to move the ball a little left... Nope!  Dead straight!  Hit the edge of the green and kicked into the right bunker.  60º sand shot to 2 feet for a sandy par.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Okay then just switch to one of the others in your closet.

That’s better

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 hours ago, Siamese Moose said:

I played in an occasional mist this morning. It was only the second time in my life that I've been under par for 9, 1 under on the front (bogied 2, birdied 6 and 9). Slumped to a 40 on the (much harder) back 9, with 3 three putts, but birdied the last for 75, my best score in several years.

... First 2 of many. 👍  Reminds me of a time I got in a quick 9 after hitting balls at the range about 25 years ago when I was about a 12. I birdied the first 4 holes, chipping in my 4th shot on a par 5 after toping a 3 wood and missing the green. I hit a 7 iron to about 1 foot on #5. My hands were shaking so bad I had to stop my putting stroke twice and finally managed to knock it in to go 5 under through 5 holes. I was just sooooo far out of my comfort zone and on the next tee almost whiffed my driver on a par 5 hitting it off the toe and dribbling it about 25 yards into a creek that is not in play. Ended up taking a 10 and my under par score was gone in one hole. But I was quite comfortable on the next tee 🤣.  Being there is just part of the process, so congrats on the 75 and be sure to let us know when you break par! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... First 2 of many. 👍  Reminds me of a time I got in a quick 9 after hitting balls at the range about 25 years ago when I was about a 12. I birdied the first 4 holes, chipping in my 4th shot on a par 5 after toping a 3 wood and missing the green. I hit a 7 iron to about 1 foot on #5. My hands were shaking so bad I had to stop my putting stroke twice and finally managed to knock it in to go 5 under through 5 holes. I was just sooooo far out of my comfort zone and on the next tee almost whiffed my driver on a par 5 hitting it off the toe and dribbling it about 25 yards into a creek that is not even in play. Ended up taking a 10 and my under par score was gone in one hole. I was quite comfortable on the next tee 🤣.  Being there is just part of the process, so congrats on the 75 and be sure to let us know when you break par! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

6 minutes ago, chisag said:

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... First 2 of many. 👍  Reminds me of a time I got in a quick 9 after hitting balls at the range about 125 years ago when I was about a 12. I birdied the first 4 holes, chipping in my 4th shot on a par 5 after toping a 3 wood and missing the green. I hit a 7 iron to about 1 foot on #5. My hands were shaking so bad I had to stop my putting stroke twice and finally managed to knock it in to go 5 under through 5 holes. I was just sooooo far out of my comfort zone and on the next tee almost whiffed my driver on a par 5 hitting it off the toe and dribbling it about 25 yards into a creek that is not in play. Ended up taking a 10 and my under par score was gone in one hole. But I was quite comfortable on the next tee 🤣.  Being there is just part of the process, so congrats on the 75 and be sure to let us know when you break par! 

Did everyone else miss the joke in here? 🤣

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

1 hour ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I certainly missed it.... 🤔 it took another response to get it. Man I'm slow sometimes.

Tonight may have been the last league night based on extended forecast. I played ok (+8 with a 7 league handicap), but chipping let me down, which was predictable after the way I chipped Sunday. I learned a valuable lesson tonight. Apparently some of my issues off the tee are related to alignment - I was lined up way right of where I thought I was. After my friend pointed it out to me, I felt like I was aiming miles left, but started the ball on the left side and faded into the middle on the last three driving holes. Time to get to the range with some alignment sticks.

In other news, I won a skin for the 4th straight week with a birdie on a shortish par 5. Driver, 3w to just next to a greenside bunker, crappy chip and made the 25 footer. I have no idea what's up with winning 4 weeks in a row since I've never won a skin that I can recall, but I'll take it.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

1 hour ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I didn't miss the joke,  but it looks like it got embellished even more in your quote

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Struggled getting off the tee box all day but putted lights out.  Actually, on the front side, had 3 doubles (#1 had wedge issues, #3 had tree issues that went OB, #7 hit another tree on 2nd shot when I tried to just miss the tree and catch the left side of the green and then didn't have a shot to the green for the 3rd shot) to shoot 6 over, then on the back shot 1 over.  They were doing maintenance on #2 today, so we skipped it.  It's a handicap hole for me, so I added a bogey to my score to post an 80 for the day.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

On 10/16/2020 at 6:07 PM, Lacassem said:

What was the Beverage Of choice?!

The juicy peach - New Amsterdam Peach Vodka, Freshly Squeezed Fruit juice, topped with Sierra Mist...

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

The juicy peach - New Amsterdam Peach Vodka, Freshly Squeezed Fruit juice, topped with Sierra Mist...

MDGolfHacker

That Peach Vodka is addicting.

Rick

Left Hand, 

6 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

MDGolfHacker

I don’t even like vodka and that sounds good

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

11 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I certainly missed it.... 🤔 it took another response to get it. Man I'm slow sometimes.

Tonight may have been the last league night based on extended forecast. I played ok (+8 with a 7 league handicap), but chipping let me down, which was predictable after the way I chipped Sunday. I learned a valuable lesson tonight. Apparently some of my issues off the tee are related to alignment - I was lined up way right of where I thought I was. After my friend pointed it out to me, I felt like I was aiming miles left, but started the ball on the left side and faded into the middle on the last three driving holes. Time to get to the range with some alignment sticks.

In other news, I won a skin for the 4th straight week with a birdie on a shortish par 5. Driver, 3w to just next to a greenside bunker, crappy chip and made the 25 footer. I have no idea what's up with winning 4 weeks in a row since I've never won a skin that I can recall, but I'll take it.

Only you could win four skins...🤣

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Wednesday morning group which is more serious of the groups I play in.
Light mist, cloudy, north breeze and most holes wet with cart path only how could this go wrong!
Shot 44 with never a sniff of a birdie. Driver was horrible, low screamers, irons not horrible and putting, did I mention greens were light sand cover, just swell.
Hybrid was working but if I was actually hitting a Tee shot I would not have needed a hybrid.
Enough whining 7:38 tee time Friday and do it again.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played 18 holes without a double bogey!!!!!  It's been a long time since I've done that, despite scoring decently.  Anyway, shot a 77 today.  Only one birdie, but my partner and I won the game (We have a standard $5 game on Wednesday with our 4some, changing partners each week).

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

- 42/41 = 83 / 80 ESC (+18, Par 65)
- 4/11 FIR
- 2/18 GIR
- 28 Putts (10 2-putts, 8 1-putts)

New-to-me course, local muni that @ncwoz has trekked around a few times, I think. I was very surprised at the quality of course given the price ($16 to walk) and the length (~4,700 yards from the back tees).

I just can't get out of my own way lately, it seems. Came to No. 9 +3 and playing well. Long 234-yard par 3 into a 14 MPH wind, hit a low screaming driver that landed in the greenside bunker. Proceeded to take three shots getting out of said bunker to 35 yards past the green, hit back over the green into the bunker again, blasted out and two-putted for a nine. Yuck.

Tried to put that hole behind me but just couldn't get it going on the back. Struggled with a case of the hooks with the longer clubs, driver was garbage on the two holes I used it, and I just struggled finding the right distance on my approach shots. Also shanked a 7-iron out of bounds from the tee on the first par 3 on the back. Still don't know what happened there!

On the bright side, I putted extremely well. No birdies, but no three-putts and I really wasn't close having one.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

56 minutes ago, edingc said:

- 42/41 = 83 / 80 ESC (+18, Par 65)
- 4/11 FIR
- 2/18 GIR
- 28 Putts (10 2-putts, 8 1-putts)

New-to-me course, local muni that @ncwoz has trekked around a few times, I think. I was very surprised at the quality of course given the price ($16 to walk) and the length (~4,700 yards from the back tees).

I just can't get out of my own way lately, it seems. Came to No. 9 +3 and playing well. Long 234-yard par 3 into a 14 MPH wind, hit a low screaming driver that landed in the greenside bunker. Proceeded to take three shots getting out of said bunker to 35 yards past the green, hit back over the green into the bunker again, blasted out and two-putted for a nine. Yuck.

Tried to put that hole behind me but just couldn't get it going on the back. Struggled with a case of the hooks with the longer clubs, driver was garbage on the two holes I used it, and I just struggled finding the right distance on my approach shots. Also shanked a 7-iron out of bounds from the tee on the first par 3 on the back. Still don't know what happened there!

On the bright side, I putted extremely well. No birdies, but no three-putts and I really wasn't close having one.

I was very surprised at how well it's kept, and a nice little practice area too! Although short, it can be super narrow with deceptively tough greens. Especially at the price, I dig it!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here