TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

3 minutes ago, MattF said:

But getting back into NY without quarantining is the issue I would suspect... @Chip Strokes beat me.

absolutely right. it’s a hassle. at least when we go as a family, we can hole up for 2 weeks together when we get home. 

if we didn’t just have a baby i’d definitely head down. a golf trip to florida followed by two weeks at home away from the wife sounds like hitting the lotto 😂😂

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

i’m in Boca. it’s less to do with things being open and more to do with not wanting to head down to a high-risk area when i’ve got a newborn at home.  
i’d feel like crap going down to enjoy myself and having to stay away from the little guy for 2 weeks when i came back  
we’ll head down as a family and spend some time there around christmas, but we won’t go spend the winter like we usually do. 

Makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Our Monday & Tuesday groups (not same guys) didn’t get Tee Times so I went and PRACTICED

Rick

Left Hand, 

16 hours ago, Kenny B said:

🙄

7 hours ago, Lacassem said:

As he jabs the "playing all year down here is great".....Whyyyy!? | PUBG

7 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

image.gif.985641eaed4841909dfef58414a6e1b3.gif

4 hours ago, chisag said:

... Your post is like a rich guy saying:

I have a summer home and a personal chef but I envy you guys sharing an apartment. I remember college and sharing a 2 bedroom apartment with 3 other guys and eating bologna on white bread sandwiches. Those were awesome times!

Don't get me wrong, having a summer home and a personal chef is great. I don't miss the hunger or cramped living conditions, but the travel back and forth from summer home to my house just hasn't let up since March this year, and the summer was brutally long. It's still a long drive in my limo and some shorter trips would be really nice. We had one weekend where we just ate hot dogs and tater tots and it was great.

I know, I know, the last thing you guys living in apartments and eating sh!t food want to hear is someone complaining though...  😉 

Wow. This is a tough room. 🤣

Still laughing at all your replies, well played boys! I guess I had it coming though (probably deserved more, actually). Thanks for going as easy on me as you did! 👍

BTW 

This morning was 58* and breezy, it was chilly, so I DID have to break out the wind jacket.... I gutted it out though. Thankfully It did warm up into the low 70's before the turn.... 😇

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

11 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

Still laughing at all your replies, well played boys! I guess I had it coming though (probably deserved more, actually). Thanks for going as easy on me as you did! 👍

BTW 

This morning was 58* and breezy, it was chilly, so I DID have to break out the wind jacket.... I gutted it out though. Thankfully It did warm up into the low 70's before the turn.... 😇

I forgot to mention, after braving those conditions this morning, I actually had my best day with my irons in a couple of weeks. Because golf is golf and I can never get everything working on the same day, I couldn't make a putt all day.

The greens were just overseeded, so they over watered and didn't cut them. It was still nice to hit them with an iron shot though, it hasn't been happening often....

Shot 43-44. I'll take it, and try again tomorrow!

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

... Not gonna use the S word but it isn't even Halloween yet and it *nowed here this morning while I was typing my reply. 😠

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

22 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

BTW 

Eventually I will be down there, living on a course and playing daily....that time is not now though....or in the next 10 years 😂

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I want to have a second home some place warm some day. My wife was born and grew up in the Philippines and we have talked about having a second house/condo there in the future.

Golf is considered a sport of the wealthy in the Philippines. At all the clubs there, you for sure will have caddies. At the driving range, there is a person that tees each ball for you.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Eventually I will be down there, living on a course and playing daily....that time is not now though....or in the next 10 years 😂

having somewhere warm to escape to is the best. once you do it you’ll wish you did it 5 years earlier. 

i can’t wait till this whole mess is over and i can get away to my place in florida and play some golf. 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

We're leaving for our new winter home in Fl. next week. We don't have the S word here in northern Ohio yet but I know it's coming so time to get outa town.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

27 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

having somewhere warm to escape to is the best. once you do it you’ll wish you did it 5 years earlier. 

i can’t wait till this whole mess is over and i can get away to my place in florida and play some golf. 

... Very nice and not calling you out, but just remember some here have lost their jobs and are struggling to pay for one home let alone a second home. And for more than a few that have kept their job a second home is still just not financially viable. Just like many have never even played at a Country Club let alone been a member of one. 

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Very nice and not calling you out, but just remember some here have lost their jobs and are struggling to pay for one home let alone a second home. And for more than a few that have kept their job a second home is still just not financially viable. Just like many have never even played at a Country Club let alone been a member of one. 

yeah that’s not something that’s lost on me. this year was brutal on a lot of people and i’m sympathetic to that fact. 

i also learned long ago not apologize for the things i’ve worked hard for. i was just letting @Lacassem know that the juice is well worth the squeeze when he finally gets there.  

22 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

We're leaving for our new winter home in Fl. next week. We don't have the S word here in northern Ohio yet but I know it's coming so time to get outa town.

whereabouts in florida?

9 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

image.gif.985641eaed4841909dfef58414a6e1b3.gif

Pulp Fiction .. great flick .. so many great lines!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

56 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

Can’t bail til my son is 18ish. Soon enough

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

8 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

i’ve got a winter home in florida and of course this is the first year i’ve golfed and can take advantage of it, and the pandemic has taken a giant steaming turd on those plans. thanks, covid!

Just got back from Florida and nothing is closed. They don't even wear mask with vary little social distancing. It was so nice, I am going back in 3 weeks.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

11 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

Just got back from Florida and nothing is closed. They don't even wear mask with vary little social distancing. It was so nice, I am going back in 3 weeks.

yeah that’s what i heard. if it wasn’t for the hassle of coming back to new york i’d be heading down. 

i’ve got a newborn at home so i don’t need to expose him to any more risk than is necessary and i really don’t want to spend two weeks away from him when i get back here. 

i’m in Boca. it’s less to do with things being open and more to do with not wanting to head down to a high-risk area when i’ve got a newborn at home.  
i’d feel like crap going down to enjoy myself and having to stay away from the little guy for 2 weeks when i came back  
we’ll head down as a family and spend some time there around christmas, but we won’t go spend the winter like we usually do. 

We are FLOODED with Snowbirds right now. I would imagine not any of them are in a rush to return north.

Rick

Left Hand, 

We are FLOODED with Snowbirds right now. I would imagine not any of them are in a rush to return north.

Don't you mean 'seasonal residents'

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Don't you mean 'seasonal residents'

Ah, maybe, after our groups get shut out of Tee Times they have a name not suited for this Forum
I had a long talk with Tee Time Office today and they are overwhelmed w Requests.
It’ll get back to normal after 4-5 weeks.

Rick

Left Hand, 

6 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I forgot to mention, after braving those conditions this morning, I actually had my best day with my irons in a couple of weeks. Because golf is golf and I can never get everything working on the same day, I couldn't make a putt all day.

The greens were just overseeded, so they over watered and didn't cut them. It was still nice to hit them with an iron shot though, it hasn't been happening often....

Shot 43-44. I'll take it, and try again tomorrow!

Is this the same guy that was about to give up the game a couple of months ago?  Congratulations Phoenix!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 10/25/2020 at 6:27 PM, Rickp said:

What’s a heater, need an air conditioner emoji12.png

A heater is that thing you guys in Florida want whenever the temperature drops below 72 degrees!  😄 😄

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

A heater is that thing you guys in Florida want whenever the temperature drops below 72 degrees!  

Naw, we’re tougher than that 65*

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Naw, we’re tougher than that 65*emoji12.png

... I was playing in Orlando around the PGA Show a few years ago and the temperature was 62* but cloudy with about a 10mph wind. I was wearing a turtleneck with a short sleeve wind shirt and some long pants. I was paired with 2 guys from that just arrived from Canada wearing short sleeve shirts and shorts. The ranger came by and was wearing a down coat with a hood, boots, gloves and a knit cap. We laughed and said 62* is a heat wave for us and we were surprised someone from Orlando would be wearing a down coat. He said he was not from Orlando but just moved up from Miami this year and could not believe how cold it gets "up here in the North" LOL. Perspective...

... I was playing in Orlando around the PGA Show a few years ago and the temperature was 62* but cloudy with about a 10mph wind. I was wearing a turtleneck with a short sleeve wind shirt and some long pants. I was paired with 2 guys from that just arrived from Canada wearing short sleeve shirts and shorts. The ranger came by and was wearing a down coat with a hood, boots, gloves and a knit cap. We laughed and said 62* is a heat wave for us and we were surprised someone from Orlando would be wearing a down coat. He said he was not from Orlando but just moved up from Miami this year and could not believe how cold it gets "up here in the North" LOL. Perspective...

It’ll be 9 years living in FL this January. The way I dressed then @ 60* and now very different, more layers. I still wear shorts when I play, if it’s too cold for shorts I’m not playing. That’s happened maybe 2x per year.

Rick

Left Hand, 

OK .. some good (finally) (golfing) news to report!

The following events took place on a short (2400 yds) and relatively easy (unrated) 9-hole course._

Played with better focus** than usual and pulled off...
4 pars
5 bogeys
* for my new Lo at this course +5 (Par 35)
- tee shots all playable
- chipping/pitching was 50-50
- 14 putts (with a few that burnt the edges and 0 x 3-putts)
- 0 penalties (so zero lost balls!)
- 2 x 2-Chips (simply sloppy and careless errors)

At least 2, maybe 3, of those bogeys maybe cudda might've been pars with just a little more care in setup and execution; here's how my afternoon unfolded ...

#1. Solid tee shot 1 yard into the right rough, clear shot at the uphill green. Solid second hit the green; got up there to see it had bounced and rolled just into the back rough. Chip on, ball tracks towards the hole and hits the flagstick but keeps rolling downhill... OK, note to self: greens are hard and fast today!  First putt about 12 feet rolled just outside the edge; tap-in bogey.

#2. Solid tee shot into the fairway; good enough second caught the front of the green. First putt about 20 ft grazed the edge of the cup; tap-in par. OK, second note to self: putting speed control seems to working well today!

#3. My "Walter Hagen hole" 😂 (scene from a movie about Bobby Jones).. Tee shot pushed right and caught the one lone scrawny thin white birch between the tee and the dogleg right .. tree bounces it back into the fairway maybe 100 yds in front of me but still short of the dogleg. Get up there and decide against the smart golf layup shot - and watch my wormburner also pushed right go bouncing and rolling and rolling further and further right of the green into thankfully short-cut grass. Hit an excellent wedge over the bunker and guarding mound to land just past the flagstick and roll out about 12 1/2 ft past. Carefully assess the line AimPoint style .. 1 putt par!

#4. The lone Par 5 - good tee shot just right of where I was aiming; good second to a good approach spot; and with a straightforward wedge shot onto the elevated green i somehow decided to airmail the green and put the ball onto the hillside above the green. OK so now I've got a steep downhill shot onto a firm, fast green that runs away downhill from me; plus this green is oval-shaped with the "skinny" aspect along the line of play. Take my time setting up with the lob wedge and hit a decent shot .. just a yard short .. ball landed where there was still enough slope so it ran out to the far side of the green, up against the collar of the rough. May be the first time I've tried this but took the same lob wedge and "bellied" it .. made decent contact and ball tracked towards the hole but fell off to the low side; stopped only about 5 ft away and sunk it for bogey.

#5. Good tee shot into left rough where I was aiming - gives you a better view / approach to the green. Bit of a ball below the feet lie and hit it solid but maybe closed down the face a little too much as ball went long-left behind the green. Chip on I "babied" and left it short still in the rough ... so a second chip to get on .. hit that one ok just a tad firm, ball about 8 ft past but took care with the putt and sank it, bogey. 

---
In retrospect each of those attempted chips onto the greens on #4 and #5 could've - should've - been played differently (and here's hoping that talking about it stores it into the golf shot data memory bank!) ... on #4 there was plenty of more room to the right of the flag to have a better chance of leaving the ball in a better putting position; on #5 there was actually a steep slope / backstop behind the flag from where I was standing so I could've chipped the first attempt much more firmly.
---

#6. My heretofore nemesis hole. Solid tee shot put me in a good position to attempt a shot on green vs layup (my normal route); of course thinned the second but it flew in the right direction just landed short-left of the green in the rough. Decent pitch on scared the cup and rolled past; first putt about 10 feet downhill left-to-right. Took my time setting up this putt, too - and I had the right read ("4 fingers") but didn't fully commit the full speed to that line so it missed on the low side; tap-in bogey. Happy enough with that score on that hole.

#7. Uphill Par 3. I usually aim right on this hole as it drops off severely to the left of the green. Tee shot was good but looked like it was right of the green; got up there to see it was on the right / uphill side fringe. First putt about 27 1/2 feet (was pacing them off) and just outside the edge; tap-in par. Very happy with that score on that hole!

#8. Straight Par 4 from an elevated tee area (for many of you this would be a long Par 3). Very solid tee shot carrying right down the middle but decided to turn left on me at the end (OK it's down there .. you hit it well!) Find the ball even with the front of the green (wow!) and in the left, short rough. Straightforward pitch slightly uphill to the flag in the middle .. and somehow pull off my second of my two worst shots of the day (and both were with the 54 CBX2 - my usually reliable and unflappable buddy) and put the ball into the rough on the other side of the green... Chip back on, hit my spot if a touch firm, ball rolled out on the high side but only to 5-6 feet. And here's where I finally had a disappointing putt and pushed it .. 2 putt bogey...

#9. Short Par 3 over a pond. Hit it off the toe but ball tracked online tho landed short in the rough in front of the green. Line up the chip to the hole across the green, and .. hit the flagstick! But it doesn't stay in; stops less than a foot past. Since my playing partner - my wife 🙂 - was already on that side of the green so I asked her to sink it for a team Par! (..and am always happy when I can make that score on that hole!)

So that was my .. dare i say, "Fun"? .. golfing afternoon!

--

** Focus:
Some background.. 19 months ago I'd attended a mental game clinic (given by David MacKenzie, Golf State of Mind - highly recommended!) where one of the main concepts emphasized was developing a process that you follow with each and every shot; more than a quick pre-shot routine but really preparing yourself to execute the best shot you can and scoring yourself on how well / how committed you were to your process on each shot. So yeah I've been working on this since but before playing this day I really decided to embrace doing the process and thinking through my shots. (Well.... most of my shots anyway .. maybe I can improve on that next time out!)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

played ho  hum 76, and its only that good becauuuuusssseeee....
Sluggo's first.......
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>     HOLE IN ONE !!!!!!      
so It  only took 54 years to get. twas a 150ish 7 iron over the pin to a steep slope to the upper tier. Hit about 3/4 of the way up the slope, and back spun about 15 feet into the cup
Played by myself so no witness, and worst of all, it was behind a high lipped bunker, ... So I didn't even get to see it go into the hole hahhaha. 
Figures right? But I did see it hit the slope and start coming back down, so I assumed it would be close... Then when I finally could see the lower half of the green, I didn't see the ball anywhere, and I started walking faster and there it was...

Congratulations

Rick

Left Hand, 

Congrats Sluggo! You done good!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Shot 44/44:88 today at Plantation Palms with one Birdie. We play a $3 Net Skins game and for the first time everyone in my regular foursome got a Skin.....today they paid $6, so we all won!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder