TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

3 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

played ho  hum 76, and its only that good becauuuuusssseeee....

Sluggo's first.......

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>     HOLE IN ONE !!!!!!    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

so It  only took 54 years to get. twas a 150ish 7 iron over the pin to a steep slope to the upper tier. Hit about 3/4 of the way up the slope, and back spun about 15 feet into the cup

Played by myself so no witness, and worst of all, it was behind a high lipped bunker, ... So I didn't even get to see it go into the hole hahhaha. 

Figures right? But I did see it hit the slope and start coming back down, so I assumed it would be close... Then when I finally could see the lower half of the green, I didn't see the ball anywhere, and I started walking faster and there it was...

Congratulations!!  The first is always special.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It's been cold here in the mornings... low 20's but warms up by mid-morning to high 30's-low 40's.  My walking group of old guys didn't want to play on Monday, but got a call at 11am today that they had a tee time at 1:30.  Beautiful sunny day, no wind, and temp was 48º.

I shot 39 (+2).  Stats...

Fairways  7/7 
Greens  2/9 
Putts   13

I putted 4 balls from the fringe, so my 2/9 GIR wasn't as bad as it looks.  I birdied the par 3 #4 playing 150y; hit the ball dead online, thought I holed it but it was 6 feet short.

The grass has stopped growing, fairways are firming up so more rollout. woo hoo!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

19 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

It's been cold here in the mornings... low 20's but warms up by mid-morning to high 30's-low 40's.  My walking group of old guys didn't want to play on Monday, but got a call at 11am today that they had a tee time at 1:30.  Beautiful sunny day, no wind, and temp was 48º.

I shot 39 (+2).  Stats...

Fairways  7/7 
Greens  2/9 
Putts   13

I putted 4 balls from the fringe, so my 2/9 GIR wasn't as bad as it looks.  I birdied the par 3 #4 playing 150y; hit the ball dead online, thought I holed it but it was 6 feet short.

The grass has stopped growing, fairways are firming up so more rollout. woo hoo!!

It was 48° at the crack of get-go today, everyone had jackets, hats, gloves etc...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Best round in a long time, aided in no small part by the conditions being much better than recently. Fairways have firmed up a bit and the greens are finally starting to roll well after a heavy scarifying 2 months ago.

3 over 74, with a drowned ball and bogeying 3 of the par 3's. Only birdie came on my last hole of the day. Putted well, and scrambled well. Short game was pretty close to where I need it to be to score well. Hoping I haven't peak(sy)ed too early with the club championships starting Saturday.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Today was the first time I backed up a good round with a better one in quite a while. There might be something to this phoenix thing, @Kenny B 😉

I shot 37-43-80 today on the Love Course at Barefoot. The front 9 could've been even better. I was -1 after 6 holes but had two 3 putt bogeys on 7&8. I'm not going to lie, I knew I had a chance for my first sub par 9 on this course, and my nerves got the best of me.

That's okay though, because I've been struggling recently and I need to put a few more good days in the bank before I get back to the point where those nerves go away, and I'm looking to make something good happen instead of hoping something bad doesn't.

That's why what made me happiest today was despite having a bad 3 hole stretch on the back I got it going again to finish 1 over on the last four holes. It really made me feel good doing that. I ended up with a rare sweep of low Gross and Net (can only get paid for one though) and the Close To Pin in my Tuesday Members league.

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

15 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Sluggo's first.......

so It  only took 54 years to get. twas a 150ish 7 iron over the pin to a steep slope to the upper tier. Hit about 3/4 of the way up the slope, and back spun about 15 feet into the cup

Played by myself so no witness, and worst of all, it was behind a high lipped bunker, ... So I didn't even get to see it go into the hole hahhaha. 

Figures right? But I did see it hit the slope and start coming back down, so I assumed it would be close... Then when I finally could see the lower half of the green, I didn't see the ball anywhere, and I started walking faster and there it was...

Congratulations!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

17 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Sluggo's first.......

Congrats on the first HIO, I know how disappointing it is to have no witness, I had ducks and geese watching mine, but none of them signed the card for me.

Still it is a great accomplishment.

I hope the next one, does not take long to come. 

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Frost delay lasted until 1020: had a 1030 tee time and was 2nd group out! It was a balmy 36 at tee off: always fun swinging in that many layers of clothing. Got all the way up to 46, still frost in the shaded areas at the turn. Started off with a bogey at the 1st after watching a chip land 4 feet in front of the cup and roll uphill 30 feet past and off the green. Gotta love frozen greens; pulled it together once it warmed up for a 4 over 76 .

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

Played this weekend and had some fantastic weather.  Friday was sunny and 25C (77F), but wet.   Played Rolling Meadows. Greens were aerated and sanded, so took my 9 holes just to get comfortable on the greens.  Not my best round, but OK.

It had been raining all week and everything was soggy.  On the 12th hole I thought my ball sat great on the green.  Got closer to find out is wasn't sitting, it was fully squatting under the green.

Played again the next day at Peninsula Lakes and the weather was 8C (46F), so a bit colder.  But just got a new driver 2 weeks ago and it was the best I felt with it yet.  Only missed 4 fairways and three of them were just barely into the rough (we won't speak of the 4th miss).  Made a world of difference with the confidence level.  Shot and 85 and I'm happy with that all things considered.

D4C18653-4EB0-43BF-8D62-82E5A2EF1A87.JPG

Chiller Cart Bag

:taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 9° - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: Sim Max Rocket 3wd 14° - HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Max Rescue 4H 22° - Ventus Blue 7S

:cobra-small: King Forged Tec 2020 - 5 thru PW - Dynamic Gold S400

:cleveland-small: CBX 2 54° Wedge

:cleveland-small: Smart Sole 3 Sand Wedge 58°

Bat Attack Battle Ready Putter 34"

:Arccos: Tracking

Yuck!!
We had a Thunderstorm Tuesday night which brought a fair amount of rain which brings me to Wednesday morning.
At checkin I asked “any restrictions “, yup Cart path only and rough only where there is no cart path. Actually course should have not been opened at all. We played 9, many groups left after a few holes probably getting rain checks.
Back to “all about me”. Was 4 over after 8 sloppy holes then on 9 th total blowup. Lost ball right side of fareway in casual mud, slapped around a few shots then lost another ball in foot of water in bunker had enough.
Time to go the pool!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

17 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Today was the first time I backed up a good round with a better one in quite a while. There might be something to this phoenix thing, @Kenny B 😉

I shot 37-43-80 today on the Love Course at Barefoot. The front 9 could've been even better. I was -1 after 6 holes but had two 3 putt bogeys on 7&8. I'm not going to lie, I knew I had a chance for my first sub par 9 on this course, and my nerves got the best of me.

That's okay though, because I've been struggling recently and I need to put a few more good days in the bank before I get back to the point where those nerves go away, and I'm looking to make something good happen instead of hoping something bad doesn't.

That's why what made me happiest today was despite having a bad 3 hole stretch on the back I got it going again to finish 1 over on the last four holes. It really made me feel good doing that. I ended up with a rare sweep of low Gross and Net (can only get paid for one though) and the Close To Pin in my Tuesday Members league.

Great round!  Well done!!!  We all have bad hole stretches, even pros.  Way to finish!!

4 hours ago, Keeper905 said:

Played this weekend and had some fantastic weather.  Friday was sunny and 25C (77F), but wet.   Played Rolling Meadows. Greens were aerated and sanded, so took my 9 holes just to get comfortable on the greens.  Not my best round, but OK.

It had been raining all week and everything was soggy.  On the 12th hole I thought my ball sat great on the green.  Got closer to find out is wasn't sitting, it was fully squatting under the green.

Played again the next day at Peninsula Lakes and the weather was 8C (46F), so a bit colder.  But just got a new driver 2 weeks ago and it was the best I felt with it yet.  Only missed 4 fairways and three of them were just barely into the rough (we won't speak of the 4th miss).  Made a world of difference with the confidence level.  Shot and 85 and I'm happy with that all things considered.

D4C18653-4EB0-43BF-8D62-82E5A2EF1A87.JPG

Something you NEVER see at courses in my area... plugged lies, unless it's in a bunker!!

8 hours ago, Micah T said:

Frost delay lasted until 1020: had a 1030 tee time and was 2nd group out! It was a balmy 36 at tee off: always fun swinging in that many layers of clothing. Got all the way up to 46, still frost in the shaded areas at the turn. Started off with a bogey at the 1st after watching a chip land 4 feet in front of the cup and roll uphill 30 feet past and off the green. Gotta love frozen greens; pulled it together once it warmed up for a 4 over 76 .

I feel your pain.  We had frozen greens last weekend.  We have very similar golf conditions as SLC (flew through there for 40 years), but our altitude is not nearly as high and we don't get much snow.  But we can play most every day in the winter unless we get an unusual snowfall.

It's a different game, for sure!!  Good round!

I'm starting a new series with a golf coach and making some changes in my setup and swing.  As expected, there are growing pains, but I expect them to be worthwhile in the long run.   .... Frost delay pushed our 9:40 tee time back to 10:30 today.  Since 2 of us had a need to be somewhere at 2,rather than deal with a shotgun start in a crowded field, we opted to move our round to the less played inside 9 holes, playing it twice for the 18.  It's a par 70, and the more  difficult track of the options at our course.  Had a slow start, but got it moving in the right direction and ended up with a round of 78.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

goof off round, hitting the new PtxPro 4 iron as often as possible. Thats a hot club!

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

40 (+3; par 37)

3/7 FiR

5/9 GiR

16 Putts

Couldn't get the ball to the hole on any of my putts, 2 of them were what I consider very makeable at ~12' but I left them a few rolls short each time sadly. 2 of my bogeys came on the long(ish) par 4s which include the first hole @ 437y which isn't long per se, but usually plays into the wind. Add that to the fact that it's usually 3:30ish when we tee off, and I'm fresh out of the car, and... yeah. The 8th hole is a monster at 474 that is parallel to the first, so it is normally into the wind also. I think I've hit that green in regulation once ever. I normally play those expecting to make bogey so for me, a 3-over is about as close to it gets to that "boring" golf that you talented guys talk about.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

On 10/26/2020 at 8:02 PM, Rickp said:

We are FLOODED with Snowbirds right now. I would imagine not any of them are in a rush to return north.

Okay Rick, somebody has to say it.... in your new avatar photo, you're a dead ringer for the character used in the My Golf Spy logo!!!! 🤪

BTW 

Enjoy the new 710 irons, buddy. They look great, and I can't wait to hear how you hit them. I'm thinking you've finally found the replacements for your beloved Hot Metals!

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

Okay Rick, somebody has to say it.... in your new avatar photo, you're a dead ringer for the character used in the My Golf Spy logo!!!! 🤪
BTW 
Enjoy the new 710 irons, buddy. They look great, and I can't wait to hear how you hit them. I'm thinking you've finally found the replacements for your beloved Hot Metals!

Hmmm, now that you mention it
That’s a pic from 2 years ago @ Disney ESPN Sports when our Gdaughter was playing Softball in a Tournament.IMG_3340.JPG

Hmmm, now that you mention it
That’s a pic from 2 years ago @ Disney ESPN Sports when our Gdaughter was playing Softball in a Tournament.IMG_3340.thumb.JPG.cbb70db4b24e6638cebf1f0bf0cf5e28.JPG

I am smiling

Rick

Left Hand, 

Forgot to post. Played 18 this week in the misty rain and 40's temps. I'll only show the highlights. Overall a good day, but COLD. The picture with no golf ball was taken next to my ball looking back at the tee box. That is one large green 20201028_125327_resized.jpeg20201028_131649_resized.jpeg20201028_125331_resized.jpeg

Sent from my SM-A102U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Strange morning. 1st time out w G710 irons, never hit them, no warmup, no nothin. Felt like I was hitting granite chunks. Switched ball from Srixon QStar to used Titleist TruFeel and immediately club/ball felt much better. Monday going to play with a few different balls and see what’s going on, probably just me weaning off the Mizzies.
Anyway as much as I was mucking around out there I s*** 5 over for the 9. Driver was consistent all morning.

Rick

Left Hand, 

76 today...no doubles (key!), one birdie, 2-3 putts.  The swing change that I'm working on is mixed right now, but it's only been a few days since the recent change he wants me to work on.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

76 today...no doubles (key!), one birdie, 2-3 putts.  The swing change that I'm working on is mixed right now, but it's only been a few days since the recent change he wants me to work on.  

No Doubles is a very good day

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 hours ago, CarlH said:

giphy.gif

On 10/30/2020 at 11:06 PM, Kenny B said:

I hate making doubles... unless they're in a glass!!

... I very rarely make doubles and usually only after a penalty stroke. If you have a relatively repeatable swing, and I realize many do not, it almost always takes some stupidity to double a hole. I did it yesterday and stupid mistake is an understatement. Short hole with the wind at my back. 337 slight dogleg left and I got greedy unnecessarily cutting the corner and pulled it a little, leaving me a shot from the rough over a grove of short trees. Stupid mistake #1. I had 120 to the pin which was far left side of the green on a tiny shelf and because I saw it thru the grove of trees I thought it was not as far left as it was. I would have known the exact location if I walked around the trees and taken a better look. Stupid mistake #2. With a deep bunker guarding the front and a gentle 3-5 yd wind at my back I should be able to clear the bunker with my 48* but it would take a perfect strike so I took my pw and choked up 1/2". Hit it very solid and right at the flag but with the wind and a little less spin from the rough I flew the green and landed in the heather. Stupid mistake #3. I did not realize the pin was only 5 yards from the heather, again something I would have known had I walked around the trees and looked. So I had to take a drop in deep rough on a downslope to a green severely sloping away from me and a really great shot would leave me an 8 footer. I hit a really good shot leaving me about 12 feet and just missed the putt for a double. 

... This is a green light birdie hole on most days and I will blame the cold weather as it was 47* (feels like 42*) and I usually never play below 55* but the truth is it was just a huge mental error. From the middle of the fairway I would have hit my approach 15 feet right of the pin which would take the heather out of play. So instead I took a rare double and am pretty sure I have never doubled that hole in 27 years of playing there. I only had 2 birdies in the cold weather and that double canceled out both of them. Stupid. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Well, I had a 40/43:83 today at Pebble Creek. I made a 15’ putt for birdie on the par 3 #15. I also had 5 Doubles today, one on the front with s penalty and four on the back nine. If I had not screwed up on the back I would had a very good day.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

--

** Focus:

Some background.. 19 months ago I'd attended a mental game clinic (given by David MacKenzie, Golf State of Mind - highly recommended!) where one of the main concepts emphasized was developing a process that you follow with each and every shot; more than a quick pre-shot routine but really preparing yourself to execute the best shot you can and scoring yourself on how well / how committed you were to your process on each shot. So yeah I've been working on this since but before playing this day I really decided to embrace doing the process and thinking through my shots. (Well.... most of my shots anyway .. maybe I can improve on that next time out!)

Care to share more on the session. I'm intrigued.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Shot a dastardly mid 90's today. Probably a function of too many lost balls in the leaves, cart path only and cold windy weather. On the other hand I was very pleased with my short game - 75 yards in. That short game, including my putting saved me. Can't wait to get to Florida for some decent temps.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Temp cooled off today, but 45º at tee time, sunny and no wind was really quite nice.  It warmed up to 58º by the time we finished.  My wife and I were paired with a young single with a ride-along wife.  He took up golf 3 months ago; has good eye-hand coordination but his recent baseball playing days were telling.  Hard swinger.  Poor contact.  Must have lost a dozen PV1x balls.  He thought that since he was a good athlete, he should be able to pick up the game fairly easily.  Sounded a lot like me 30 years ago!!  🤣

I birdied #2 with a 10-footer, and made the turn at +2 (39).  I had a sand save par on the par 3 #12 with my ball up near the lip of the bunker, then another 10-foot birdie on the Par 5 #13.  I had a few bogeys coming in, but finished with a +4 (39) on the back nine for a round of 78.

The guy we played with struggled off the tee, and maybe my wife and I were part of the problem.  My wife drove the ball well all day and also shot 39 on the back nine.  On hole #16 I hit a "just OK" tee shot with my driver to the middle of the fairway.  He said, "You haven't missed a fairway all day."  I said thank you; boring golf I know!!  But I had to remind him that I pulled my tee shot on #1 to the left rough... my only missed fairway of the day actually.  Fairways hit:  12/13.

I also had one of my better days hitting greens.  GIR:  10/18.  However, other than the two birdie putts, my putting was off today.  One of these days I'll get everything working at the same time!!

Nice day, overcast, breezy, 80, the ball was flying. Another 77 for me.

Pleased with that

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD