Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

My brother found a deal on a tee time at Pilgrim's Run (North of Grand Rapids, MI), which neither of us had played before. We went with the men's forward tees because it was our first time, and boy was it a treat. Unfortunately my phone had no service, so my typical course GPS app didn't work. There were quite a few blind shots that would have been nice to have some more confidence on aiming and distances, but it was a beautiful day on a beautiful course.

As long as it doesn't get too cold, I'm not sure if a fall day of Michigan golf can be topped.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

Third good round in a row on Saturday... played the Dye Course at Barefoot which, although difficult, is my favorite of our 4 courses

Cold start to the day, but I played really well on the front, shooting a 40. one 3 putt bogey because I ran my birdie putt too far by trying to help my team with a birdie/net eagle when we already had a par in the bank. Cooled off a bit with a 44 on the back but I'll take an 84 any day on this course when the wind is gusting the way it was.

My team won the front, and I got CTP. We finished -8 in a 3 man use one low net score game. Our A player really struggled but our C player shot an 88 (from the greens) to make up for him. We lost the back and got nipped in the total to a team that went out -1, -9 in for -10. They were unconscious on the back, lol.

Fun day with a nice group of guys...

Driver:            :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 22* & 25*

Irons:             :mizuno-small:  JPX 923 HM 6-AW

Wedges:        :ping-small: Tour Issue Glide 4.0 54-12

:ping-small:  Tour Issue Glide 4.0 58-10

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

22 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Care to share more on the session. I'm intrigued.

Definitely! Thx for asking. Will post something under "Mental Game" and let you know.......

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Played like trash today. Was playing ok until hole 10, about that time when I start eating a snack. Realized after hole 10 that i left my snack in the car. Playing hungry was no good.

Also, can't keep the SIM Max on the planet. It just exacerbates my swing flaws. Cannot have a fade-biased driver when you have a fade-biased swing lol. My TSi 2 can't come soon enough. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Beautiful weather this weekend 41/41 Saturday, 40/40 today.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Really, really nice golf weather this weekend; sunny with no wind and high 57º.  Although both days had an hour frost delay which made for slow play.

HOW do you shoot 78 on Saturday and 87 on Sunday when the weather is the same both days?  Well.... getting on the par 4 #1 green in 5 shots (no penalty areas or bunkers) and 2-putting for a triple doesn't start the day off very well.  Then, follow that up by... getting on the par 4 #3 green in 6 shots (OK, one penalty area) and 2-putting for a quad, pretty much makes up the difference.  Worse scores I have had on those two holes in a couple of years.  I don't even have anything spectacular to report.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I had more birdies today than anyone round all year, 4.............. Had a bunch of doubles, lost three balls in the water, and had 36 putts! Ugh. 82 (40/42). Four birdies and played horribly. 
Can’t wait for my lesson Wednesday.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Sunny morning, 55* and 15-20 mph wind gusts. It seems that every hole was into the wind. 4 Bogies so not too bad. Had a new guy in our 4some and he was 9 over after 3 holes. I tried to get him to relax and settle down and he got better and we went along.
I had a little trouble 1st few holes w G710 irons but cleared that up .

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Shot 77 yesterday. That's my best round for a while. Short game has greatly improved of late and it complemented quite a good long game in my round yesterday.

Most of the shots I left out there were the result of poor decision making rather than poor execution. Might have to do some watching/reading about processes or structures that help with decision making. Any suggestions of links etc. about this welcome.

Cobra F9 9.5° (Hzrdus Yellow X)

Cobra Speedzone 15° (Tensei Blue X)

Srixon H85 19° (Hzrdus Black 85 6.0)

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-PW (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Mizuno T20 51°, 55°, 59° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 34"

Srixon ZStar

Played ok but made a few too many errors after poor shots, 84. Conditions were reasonably tough, 20mph wind and a few ridiculous pin positions. Highlights were holing a 40 foot putt, unfortunately for par, and a flushed 5 wood from 180 yards straight into the wind to about 8 foot (which I 2 putted from after running my 1st putt well past on one of the aforementioned ridiculous pin positions)

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

15 hours ago, Blueberry_Squishie said:

Might have to do some watching/reading about processes or structures that help with decision making. Any suggestions of links etc. about this welcome.

I'm more like a 97 shooter vs your 77, but if you haven't seen any of these passing along fyi a few resources I've found a lot of value in...

1. Golf State of Mind
- mental game coaching strategies by David MacKenzie
- some great info in the blog articles on his site..
.. golfstateofmind.com

2. Practical Golf
- also some great blog articles, including a series on Course Management Strategies
- cannot find that specific link right now, but all his article are collected under.. 
.. https://practical-golf.com/category/articles/

3. DECADE (Scott Fawcett)
- prob one of the most popular course management methods; see both...
https://www.birdiefire.com/about-decade
and
https://decade.birdiefire.com/

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

3. DECADE (Scott Fawcett)
- prob one of the most popular course management methods; see both...
https://www.birdiefire.com/about-decade
and
https://decade.birdiefire.com/

[mention=91351]Blueberry_Squishie[/mention] I’ll second DECADE. Find Scott’s Twitter; he is still giving away a free month which will enable you to learn about his approach. You can also find some webinars on his YouTube channel. Went to Twitter and looked up the link:

https://birdiefire.com/invites/signup/uo/?fbclid=IwAR2GSIzgPKwA_tSzwKk_IYF87xEiStpqm29tOAmVnlhu6Fbg16JaTZ45PkE

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Yesterday's round:  38/38 (double on par 5 #12 😞 ).  2 birdies helped, one was on a par 3 with a tucked pin location and the other was a chip in.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Friday Bacon Boyz!!
Perfect weather, 70*, light breeze and sunny.
Still finding my way w G710 irons and so far awesome!
Also 1st couple shots w TSI2 driver.....umm this could be good. Will need some tweaking. Dead straight but want a bit more height.
Breakfast once again we solved Worlds problems, don’t know why nobody listens to us

Image1604694340.577289.jpg
Yellow ball mine, I made the bird. White ball one of the Boyz...he picked it up didn’t want to miss so gave it to himself.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Perfect golf day today. 72 and sunny. Played well with a 35 on the front and a 35 on the back. 

The fairways are starting to go dormant here so the roll out on drives is increasing. Memorable moments today:

Hole #5 tough because it is all up hill. 438 yard par 4,  Driver, 7 iron to within 6 feet. Made the down hill slider putt for birdie.

Hole #12, 315 yards. Driver to within 15 yards lipped out the chip for a tap in birdie.

Hole # 15, 503 yards Driver, 5 wood, lob wedge to within 4 feet. Made the birdie putt.    

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

-2 again today, with my buddies for the first time in forever....

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I only played twice this week, shooting an 87 and an 89 (the latter was on a very long course for me at 6400 yards), but my concern this week wasn't really golf. 

We found out on Monday two men from our Saturday league tested positive for the corona virus. It was very scary to hear of what are the first cases in my immediate circle. Neither one has suffered severe symptoms thus far, nor have any of the other people in this development who I've since learned have had the virus recently.

This news hits really close to home, because as in most golf communities, the vast number of residents here are retirement age. As of now all we can do is hope we get as few positives as we've had so far. That's hard to imagine though, as we all play the same 4 courses, intermingle with different groups, and even shop all the same stores.

I'm going to stop playing for a few more days just to see how this plays out. I'm not going to lie, I was very scared until the moment I found out I tested negative. After 9-10 months of following every protocol, it would've been horrible to come down with this just as I'm preparing to head up to Long Island to be with my family for the Holiday season in less than 3 weeks.

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:            :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 22* & 25*

Irons:             :mizuno-small:  JPX 923 HM 6-AW

Wedges:        :ping-small: Tour Issue Glide 4.0 54-12

:ping-small:  Tour Issue Glide 4.0 58-10

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

There was Titleist demo day my club today. Went over at 9:45  to hit a few then decided to play. Well I was already there so the course was calling me. Another good round for me. Shot the same as yesterday just different front to back numbers. 37 on the front and 33 on the back for a 70. Memorable shot on hole # 11. Driver,  lob wedge to 15 feet which spun back to 6 inches for a tap in birdie. (well not a complete spin back, the green had slope from back to front).

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

IMG_4337.PNGIMG_4335.PNG the front nine was a really good feeling. I hadn’t played that well in awhile. Back nine, wont be mentioned. Vids on my Instagram

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

I only played twice this week, shooting an 87 and an 89 (the latter was on a very long course for me at 6400 yards), but my concern this week wasn't really golf. 
We found out on Monday two men from our Saturday league tested positive for the corona virus. It was very scary to hear of what are the first cases in my immediate circle. Neither one has suffered severe symptoms thus far, nor have any of the other people in this development who I've since learned have had the virus recently.
This news hits really close to home, because as in most golf communities, the vast number of residents here are retirement age. As of now all we can do is hope we get as few positives as we've had so far. That's hard to imagine though, as we all play the same 4 courses, intermingle with different groups, and even shop all the same stores.
I'm going to stop playing for a few more days just to see how this plays out. I'm not going to lie, I was very scared until the moment I found out I tested negative. After 9-10 months of following every protocol, it would've been horrible to come down with this just as I'm preparing to head up to Long Island to be with my family for the Holiday season in less than 3 weeks.

Hang in there - because I work in an educational setting I have a very good idea of how this spreads or at least what the prevailing current thought of the medical community is- if you wanted some input about your risk PM.

Simple bottom line is we’re you exposed to these guys for more than 15 minutes of close contact during the day, was it inside or out, were you or they wearing masks at the time.

If you had a lot of exposure you should quarantine for 14 days, if not then your wait and see approach is spot on.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

It is scary. I was also briefly exposed to C19 guys months ago and we (other golf guys) self quarantined for 2 weeks luckily none of us came down w it.

Rick

Left Hand,