TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

3 hours ago, CarlH said:

We cancelled today....sloppy conditions from rain last night, still raining and expected to drizzle/rain off and on all day.  Recent lock-down guidance issued by our governor (Oregon) has resulted in the cancellation of our 3-man Turkey Tournament scheduled for Friday.  Our golf courses will remain open, limited one person per cart (unless family), dining and clubhouse restricted for take-out only, etc.  Lockdown scheduled for 2 weeks, but given the rate of cases in this county, it will likely last longer.  

Well, our idiot governor mandated ours for 4 weeks and no indoor dining.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

... If there were no idiots spreading the virus without wearing masks and not social distancing while Covid rages out of control and getting worse every single day, there would be no idiot governors. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... If there were no idiots spreading the virus without wearing masks and not social distancing while Covid rages out of control and getting worse every single day, there would be no idiot governors. 

We have had a mask mandate since late June and social distancing since March.  Cases go up because more people are getting tested.  Meanwhile my 90-year old dad has been locked down since March, and I can't visit.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

15 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

*Warning: Political response*

That sucks but I wouldn’t call Inslee an idiot. At least we will still have golf in the NW. Even great leaders around the world are struggling to control this. I’d still meet for around as I walk 🙂

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

6 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

We have had a mask mandate since late June and social distancing since March.  Cases go up because more people are getting tested.  Meanwhile my 90-year old dad has been locked down since March, and I can't visit.

... Not true but ignore cases and just focus on hospitalizations. They are at an all time high and hospitals are soon to be over run. Some are already and it is going to get worse. Much worse. That doesn't happen because of more people getting tests. I really feel for First Responders that are bearing the brunt of peoples selfishness. If everyone just did their part by wearing masks, social distancing and not taking part in Super Spreader events, we would not be where we are now. Sorry about your Dad, that sucks. 

11 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

That sucks but I wouldn’t call Inslee an idiot. At least we will still have golf in the NW. Even great leaders around the world are struggling to control this. I’d still meet for around as I walk 🙂

... We are very lucky to love one of the few things that is safe to do when taking proper precautions during this pandemic. I drive to the course alone and call the pro shop to pay for my round. I meet 3 strangers on the 1st tee and we keep 10 feet apart the entire round while being outdoors. Flags are left in with a plastic donut so no need to touch anything but your own clubs and golf ball. At the end of 18 a happy wave to playing companions and back to the car for the trip home. Of corse if you choose to take a cart there are some dangers but they do a pretty good job of sanitizing after every use and most courses around here allow 1 rider per cart unless sharing it with a member of your household. 

5 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

Snuck in a final nine hole round before surgery at a local par 3 today, and had the best playing partner ever! The future Mrs. played her first ever round of golf with me, it was absolutely the best day of golf I’ve ever had! Couldn’t even tell you the score, but she had a blast and wants to play again so I’m calling it a win. 

C927DF76-2064-4285-A906-683D552EBC36.jpeg.eaabeed8cb905ba8a922dcb212cc0f7e.jpegC6E5B049-F7CF-4713-B43C-C609FCC1621D.jpeg.57cbafb3a59b91978440048e5dd3bf93.jpeg

That's awesome @jddaigneault! Some of the best times I've had on the golf course is when my wife comes along for the ride. I find it a great way to enjoy two things in life that I love. Looks like you've got a keeper. 

30 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's awesome @jddaigneault! Some of the best times I've had on the golf course is when my wife comes along for the ride. I find it a great way to enjoy two things in life that I love. Looks like you've got a keeper. 

I agree completely!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

Snuck in a final nine hole round before surgery at a local par 3 today, and had the best playing partner ever! The future Mrs. played her first ever round of golf with me, it was absolutely the best day of golf I’ve ever had! Couldn’t even tell you the score, but she had a blast and wants to play again so I’m calling it a win. 

C927DF76-2064-4285-A906-683D552EBC36.jpeg.eaabeed8cb905ba8a922dcb212cc0f7e.jpegC6E5B049-F7CF-4713-B43C-C609FCC1621D.jpeg.57cbafb3a59b91978440048e5dd3bf93.jpeg

Good luck on your surgery

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, jddaigneault said:

Snuck in a final nine hole round before surgery at a local par 3 today,

Hope everything goes well.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Playing well right now. Getting to practice so that has helped. I guess it was a balance with 2 triples on the front, but then 2 birdies on the back. I got to play golf so was a good day!

17 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Good luck on your surgeryemoji106.png

14 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Hope everything goes well.

Thanks!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Horrible, again. My putting is atrocious. I’m not even SCARING the hole anymore. My alignment to my what I’m aiming at has to be off. I’m going to start using the line on my ball for a couple rounds. 
The full swing is a challenge since I’m trying to incorporate the new move, so I’m not hitting any greens either. At least it was a pretty day!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

10 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Shot 41/40/81 today with mid 80’s weather. On the #6 Par 3, I skulled my 8 iron to just before the right front bunker. I then hit my 58* Zipcore wanting to flop it over the bunker and onto the green. However, I slammed the ball into the berm above the bunker only to watch it bounce high onto the green then roll 25 yards to a back pin then disappear into the hole for a Birdie. My buddies just stood in shock shaking their heads.....What a day! I love this game!

IMG_0765.PNG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wow! The forgiveness on those Zipcore wedges sounds amazing! haha

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

Saturday round started off bad with a 46 on front nine with 5s on 2 par 3s, then recovered with 40 on the back 9.  Sunday was much better  38 on front nine with 1 birdie, 1 double and 1 bogie and then pooched the back 9 with a 41 including a total blowup on a 104 yard par 3 with a 5 and another double bogey due to sculling an easy chip shot over the green.    Then went back out for another 9 and shot 38.  My game is all between my ears unfortunately. 

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft

After an atrocious start at 4 over thru the first 5, I went on a birdie binge, and ended up at 1 over. I hadn't played for about 4-5 days because I got sick. (I was sure I had covid- but no) It wasn't till the 6th hole when I started to remember how to play.

This leads me to the thought about the weekend warrior who doesn't really ever shoot well. I believe its impossible to shoot well if you only get to play once a week. Its impossible to ever get into a groove.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

2 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

After an atrocious start at 4 over thru the first 5, I went on a birdie binge, and ended up at 1 over. I hadn't played for about 4-5 days because I got sick. (I was sure I had covid- but no) It wasn't till the 6th hole when I started to remember how to play.

This leads me to the thought about the weekend warrior who doesn't really ever shoot well. I believe its impossible to shoot well if you only get to play once a week. Its impossible to ever get into a groove.

Man, if only I can get out more often. Stupid thing called a job, who needs it. 🙂

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

53 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

... I was just commenting on this with one of my playing pards a few days ago. If I take 5 days off, I feel rusty and out of sync. People that play once a week have to accept they are playing for fun and for the love of the game with zero expectations on improving or really playing well. As rbsiedc said above, many have jobs or family obligations that mean once a week, and that is tough for any consistency or improvement. 

31 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

I play 3-4 times a week, and I'm at the golf course most of the other days working on something unless the weather is bad.

I can get into a groove.  Unfortunately, it's usually the wrong groove.  🙄

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... I was just commenting on this with one of my playing pards a few days ago. If I take 5 days off, I feel rusty and out of sync. People that play once a week have to accept they are playing for fun and for the love of the game with zero expectations on improving or really playing well. As rbsiedc said above, many have jobs or family obligations that mean once a week, and that is tough for any consistency or improvement. 

For sure... if I don't chip for 2 days, it is like I have never done it.   The rest of game too, just like fish and smelling, something along those lines.

On 11/16/2020 at 4:46 PM, jddaigneault said:

Alive and well, surgery was a smashing success! T-6 weeks until I can golf again. 

I'm glad to hear the surgery went well and hopefully you won't go crazy having to wait six weeks to play again. I'm looking forward to seeing that first post of how you did once toe able to get back out there. 

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm glad to hear the surgery went well and hopefully you won't go crazy having to wait six weeks to play again. I'm looking forward to seeing that first post of how you did once toe able to get back out there. 

You and me both man! Right now it just feels like I have a gnarly wound and can barely walk. It’ll take some work but I’m determined to get back out there and keep the old handicap trending southward. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

54 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

So, I played yesterday but that's not what this is going to be about. Instead, I want to bounce something off you guys, see what you think...

A longtime friend told me he was coming down here for the week with two other guys I played 2 or 3 times with him up on Long Island. I told them not to worry about setting up tee times when they got here, I'd take them out on some nice courses down here. I'm a member in The Barefoot Resort & Golf, so my 4 courses were a given. I also arranged a time at a very upscale private club called the Dunes, along with 2 rounds at True Blue & Caladonia. For those of you familiar with the area, that's about as good as it gets for a week long trip to Myrtle Beach. (Not to mention I was able to get them out on rates well below those guests usually pay)

So here's what happened. The first day we played at my club, my friend looked fine, but the other two were dressed kind of scruffy. They wore polos, but their shorts were more the type you'd wear for yard work. I didn't say anything, but yesterday was a different story.... We were at Barefoot again, and they checked in before me. When I went to pay, the pro came from behind the desk, and motioned me to a corner where other people wouldn't hear him. Apparently the two I don't know very well, showed up in jeans. He told me he was going to let them play as a favor to me, but they weren't to go into the clubhouse afterwards. I thanked him, but I was really embarrassed by this.

I went downstairs to the bag drop, and told them I just couldn't understand what they were thinking showing up at a private club dressed like that. I got some lame excuses, and we went out and played. About halfway through I hit a poor shot and one of them made a remark about "clothes not making the golfer" he's about a 25 cap and shot a 114, btw. You could tell he'd been waiting for a chance to make that remark...

That sent me over the edge, I told them I was going to cancel the rounds I booked for them, and they were on their own. My friend was in the cart with me, and he tried to be the peace maker. To be honest I wasn't in the mood. The best I could do was tell him I hoped it didn't affect our friendship, but I wanted nothing to do with the other two anymore. He called me last night and I gave him a list of courses they could call for tee times. They're all pretty great places to play, just not on the level of those I wanted to bring him too.

Believe me, guys, I'm far from a golf snob. I worked a union job for years before I went into a management position. I don't think I'm better than anyone, and never act like I am. I feel bad about how this turned out because a friend was involved, but honestly, I'm more than a lttle angry about what I feel is all 3 of them showing a lack of gratitude and common sense. 

Would any of you have handled this differently?

Such a bummer dude. I try to always preempt the conversation when someone is coming to a country club I don’t know. I play it off as the course has members who can be snobby about it and we should just be better safe than sorry. I’m sure the other guys are used to playing munis and never wear proper golf attire. I don’t consider myself a golf snob, but I appreciate showing up and seeing everyone dressed in nice golf gear. To me, it shows a level of respect to the game and to fellow players. There’s just a right way to do things. 

All this without pointing out how much comfier golf clothes are than jeans! Sorry you had to deal with that. It’s a gentleman’s game. Dress right, don’t cheat, and show courtesy. It’s not that hard, I don’t understand those who push back against it. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

56 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

Would any of you have handled this differently?

damn that’s a tough spot. 

i think the only thing i’d have done differently would have been a conversation after the round the first day. 

maybe explaining that you were playing some really nice courses with strict dress codes could have avoided the jeans incident. 

that being said, i don’t think you overreacted at all. sorry it put you and your buddy in a weird spot. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour