TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Just now, Chip Strokes said:

damn that’s a tough spot. 

i think the only thing i’d have done differently would have been a conversation after the round the first day. 

maybe explaining that you were playing some really nice courses with strict dress codes could have avoided the jeans incident. 

that being said, i don’t think you overreacted at all. sorry it put you and your buddy in a weird spot. 

It's funny you say that. I actually did mention to my friend the first day. He told me yesterday he thought I was refrring to the Duns Club (Idon't know what difference that made …) He also apologized last night. He said the other guy had the jeans on in the morning, he just assumed he'd change before they left the hotel to play. Said he didn't notice what he was wearing until they got to the course. I want to believe him, but....

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

24 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

Such a bummer dude. I try to always preempt the conversation when someone is coming to a country club I don’t know. I play it off as the course has members who can be snobby about it and we should just be better safe than sorry. I’m sure the other guys are used to playing munis and never wear proper golf attire. I don’t consider myself a golf snob, but I appreciate showing up and seeing everyone dressed in nice golf gear. To me, it shows a level of respect to the game and to fellow players. There’s just a right way to do things. 

All this without pointing out how much comfier golf clothes are than jeans! Sorry you had to deal with that. It’s a gentleman’s game. Dress right, don’t cheat, and show courtesy. It’s not that hard, I don’t understand those who push back against it. 

My feelings are exactly the same as yours regarding the game.

...and you're right, they do usually play munis up on Long Island, as do I when I'm up there. Bethpage Park, and various county courses mostly with a few semi private courses out on the east end thrown in.

The thing is, it isn't even expensive to look presentable. All you need is a washing machine and an iron. You don't need to wear $70 Nike shorts or Footjoy polos to make a neat, clean appearance.

Edited by Grand Stranded

58 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

My feelings are exactly the same as yours regarding the game.

...and you're right, they do usually play munis up on Long Island, as do I when I'm up there. Bethpage Park, and various county courses mostly with a few semi private courses out on the east end thrown in.

The thing is, it isn't even expensive to look presentable. All you need is a washing machine and an iron. You don't need to wear $70 Nike shorts or Footjoy polos to make a neat, clean appearance.

Country club golf is just different. And it is a private course, so they can stick to tradition if they want. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

Well, it seems that I have found some distance that I have been missing with a slight alignment adjustment and path tweak. I sense eagles in my future 😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

So, I played yesterday but that's not what this is going to be about. Instead, I want to bounce something off you guys, see what you think...
A longtime friend told me he was coming down here for the week with two other guys I played 2 or 3 times with him up on Long Island. I told them not to worry about setting up tee times when they got here, I'd take them out on some nice courses down here. I'm a member in The Barefoot Resort & Golf, so my 4 courses were a given. I also arranged a time at a very upscale private club called the Dunes, along with 2 rounds at True Blue & Caladonia. For those of you familiar with the area, that's about as good as it gets for a week long trip to Myrtle Beach. (Not to mention I was able to get them out on rates well below those guests usually pay)
So here's what happened. The first day we played at my club, my friend looked fine, but the other two were dressed kind of scruffy. They wore polos, but their shorts were more the type you'd wear for yard work. I didn't say anything, but yesterday was a different story.... We were at Barefoot again, and they checked in before me. When I went to pay, the pro came from behind the desk, and motioned me to a corner where other people wouldn't hear him. Apparently the two I don't know very well, showed up in jeans. He told me he was going to let them play as a favor to me, but they weren't to go into the clubhouse afterwards. I thanked him, but I was really embarrassed by this.
I went downstairs to the bag drop, and told them I just couldn't understand what they were thinking showing up at a private club dressed like that. I got some lame excuses, and we went out and played. About halfway through I hit a poor shot and one of them made a remark about "clothes not making the golfer" he's about a 25 cap and shot a 114, btw. You could tell he'd been waiting for a chance to make that remark...
That sent me over the edge, I told them I was going to cancel the rounds I booked for them, and they were on their own. My friend was in the cart with me, and he tried to be the peace maker. To be honest I wasn't in the mood. The best I could do was tell him I hoped it didn't affect our friendship, but I wanted nothing to do with the other two anymore. He called me last night and I gave him a list of courses they could call for tee times. They're all pretty great places to play, just not on the level of those I wanted to bring him too.
Believe me, guys, I'm far from a golf snob. I worked a union job for years before I went into a management position. I don't think I'm better than anyone, and never act like I am. I feel bad about how this turned out because a friend was involved, but honestly, I'm more than a lttle angry about what I feel is all 3 of them showing a lack of gratitude and common sense. 
Would any of you have handled this differently?

Old saying “No good deed goes unpunished “.
I’m not sure how I would have handled it as the older I get the less “filter” I have. I would have said something but how politically correct remains I be seen.
I do believe out of respect for you and the work you put into this to make their time a pleasant experience THEY should have enough brains to dress and act appropriately.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

7 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

It's funny you say that. I actually did mention to my friend the first day. He told me yesterday he thought I was refrring to the Duns Club (Idon't know what difference that made …) He also apologized last night. He said the other guy had the jeans on in the morning, he just assumed he'd change before they left the hotel to play. Said he didn't notice what he was wearing until they got to the course. I want to believe him, but....

Yeah I don't think I'd believe him, after all who brings clothes to change into from the hotel. Sorry that happen  - unfortunately the situation will always be on your mind when you talk to your friend. Hopefully in addition to apologizing he also thanked you for the work you did setting up the tee times. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

8 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

For much less than a $70 pair of Nike shorts, you could find an entire golf outfit at a thrift shop. Polo, slacks, heck even golf shoes and a hat potentially.

After all the threads I have seen about what some guys find at the thrift shops, there really isn't a good excuse to not look presentable.

That said, I think you handled the situation appropriately. You put so much effort into creating the experience, sounds like they may have been aware of the sorts of clubs they were in for (especially after the first round) and they didn't dress appropriately or fully appreciate your generosity.

P.S. Keeping true to the name of the thread... How'd ya play? lol

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

16 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

So, I played yesterday but that's not what this is going to be about. Instead, I want to bounce something off you guys, see what you think...

A longtime friend told me he was coming down here for the week with two other guys I played 2 or 3 times with him up on Long Island. I told them not to worry about setting up tee times when they got here, I'd take them out on some nice courses down here. I'm a member in The Barefoot Resort & Golf, so my 4 courses were a given. I also arranged a time at a very upscale private club called the Dunes, along with 2 rounds at True Blue & Caladonia. For those of you familiar with the area, that's about as good as it gets for a week long trip to Myrtle Beach. (Not to mention I was able to get them out on rates well below those guests usually pay)

So here's what happened. The first day we played at my club, my friend looked fine, but the other two were dressed kind of scruffy. They wore polos, but their shorts were more the type you'd wear for yard work. I didn't say anything, but yesterday was a different story.... We were at Barefoot again, and they checked in before me. When I went to pay, the pro came from behind the desk, and motioned me to a corner where other people wouldn't hear him. Apparently the two I don't know very well, showed up in jeans. He told me he was going to let them play as a favor to me, but they weren't to go into the clubhouse afterwards. I thanked him, but I was really embarrassed by this.

I went downstairs to the bag drop, and told them I just couldn't understand what they were thinking showing up at a private club dressed like that. I got some lame excuses, and we went out and played. About halfway through I hit a poor shot and one of them made a remark about "clothes not making the golfer" he's about a 25 cap and shot a 114, btw. You could tell he'd been waiting for a chance to make that remark...

That sent me over the edge, I told them I was going to cancel the rounds I booked for them, and they were on their own. My friend was in the cart with me, and he tried to be the peace maker. To be honest I wasn't in the mood. The best I could do was tell him I hoped it didn't affect our friendship, but I wanted nothing to do with the other two anymore. He called me last night and I gave him a list of courses they could call for tee times. They're all pretty great places to play, just not on the level of those I wanted to bring him too.

Believe me, guys, I'm far from a golf snob. I worked a union job for years before I went into a management position. I don't think I'm better than anyone, and never act like I am. I feel bad about how this turned out because a friend was involved, but honestly, I'm more than a lttle angry about what I feel is all 3 of them showing a lack of gratitude and common sense. 

... If you did not tell your friend to let his buddies know they were going to be playing a nice course so a dress code is required, some of the blame is yours. But the majority of the blame goes to your friend. If he is bringing his buddies, it is up to him to let them know they need to wear proper attire. He!!, many clubs will let you play in a nice clean tee shirt if you are wearing normal golf shorts or pants. In your defense, I would think everyone knows to wear appropriate shorts/pants and a collared shirt when playing anything but a typical muni. I play 2 munis as part of my regular rotation. One lets you wear jeans/cargo pants and the other requires proper attire. The interesting thing is the more lax muni is in a more upscale white collar community and the one with stricter rules is in a blue collar community. Ya never know. And finally you did a reasonable thing in the end and that course set up was awesome and a shame they did not appreciate it. But hey, they were from NY so Fugget-a-bouwt-it! 

... I was invited to play Firerock CC in Phoenix by 2 friends of my brother in law after a birthday party we attended. I was dressed nicely as all 10 people there were gay, very wealthy and dressed really, really well. When she called me to tell me the tee time she said she didn't want to be offensive but she knew I was an actor and wanted to be sure I knew a proper dress code and a collared golf shirt was required. I took no offense at all. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

54 minutes ago, chisag said:

... If you did not tell your friend to let his buddies know they were going to be playing a nice course so a dress code is required, some of the blame is yours. But the majority of the blame goes to your friend. If he is bringing his buddies, it is up to him to let them know they need to wear proper attire. He!!, many clubs will let you play in a nice clean tee shirt if you are wearing normal golf shorts or pants. In your defense, I would think everyone knows to ear appropriate shorts/pants and a collared shirt when playing anything but a typical muni. I play 2 munis as part of my regular rotation. One lets you wear jeans/cargo pants and the other requires proper attire. The interesting thing is the more lax muni is in a more upscale white collar community and the one with stricter rules is in a blue collar community. Ya never know. And finally you did a reasonable thing in the end and that course set up was awesome and a shame they did not appreciate it. But hey, they were from NY so Fugget-a-bouwt-it! 

... I was invited to play Firerock CC in Phoenix by 2 friends of my brother in law after a birthday party we attended. I was dressed nicely as all 10 people there were gay, very wealthy and dressed really, really well. When she called me to tell me the tee time she said she didn't want to be offensive but she knew I was an actor and wanted to be sure I knew a proper dress code and a collared golf shirt was required. I took no offense at all. 

Believe me, I thought long and hard about this the night everything went down. I even talked about it on the phone with one of my sisters, who's very close with my friend and his wife also. Her first reaction (she's not a golfer) was similar to what you said in your first sentence. Here were my issues with that....

1.    All 3 of them have been to this area on golf trips before. My friend and his wife come down every year on a two week golf vacation, and stay in my development. He knows the lay of the land.

2.   I don't take a lot of "golf vacations". The reason being, I live here and spend a lot of time up on Long Island. Both areas have some of the best golf you'll find, so when I think "vacation" I'm thing of a break from golf. That said, I can't imagine packing for a golf trip, and thinking "so I'll go with the old cargo shorts on Sunday, the beat up Wranglers on Monday, then on Tuesday..."

Maybe its me, but if I were going on a golf trip, (especially one where someone was setting up my playing schedule at his club and others) I'd make it a point to pack proper golf attire instead of the jeans and cargos.

Edited by Grand Stranded

54 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

Believe me, I thought long and hard about this the night everything went down. I even talked about it on the phone with one of my sisters, who's very close with my friend and his wife also. Her first reaction (she's not a golfer) was similar to what you said in your first sentence. Here were my issues with that....

1.    All 3 of them have been to this area on golf trips down here many times. My friend and his wife come down every year on a two week golf vacation, and stay in my development.

2.    Maybe I'm wrong here, because I don't take a lot of "golf vacations". The reason being I live here, and spend a lot of time up on Long Island. Both areas have some of the best golf you'll find, and when I think "vacation" I'm thing of a break from golf. That said, I can't imagine packing for a golf trip, and thinking "so I'll wear these old cargo shorts on Sunday, go with the beat up Wranglers on Monday, then on Tuesday..." Maybe its me, but if I were going on a golf trip, (especially one where someone was setting up my playing schedule at his club and others) I'd make it a point to pack proper golf attire instead of the jeans and cargos.

...  I feel the same way you do. I really can't imagine going to any golf course I don't know and not wearing proper golf attire. Although I also wear proper golf attire at courses I do know. The exception being my local muni when it is cold and I wear flannel lined jeans, where I know they are allowed. Rare because I don't like playing in the cold. But my point was the world is filled with uneducated, selfish morons. Look how many people aren't wearing masks or social distancing in stores, drive their carts just off the cart path by the tee/green saving 2 steps but destroying the grass, play music so loud it disturbs others on the course and not repairing ball marks or replacing divots. These are all things most of us would never do, but we see it all too often. 

... I also see questionable wardrobes all the time on resort golf courses in Orlando/Myrtle/Phoenix and just shake my head. One of the motto's I try and live my life by is I would rather hear something I already know than not hear something I don't know. It is so easy to say "Just a heads up but these courses require proper golf shorts/pants and collared shirts" assuming the vast majority of the time I will hear of course they know that, but so easy to say and for me at least I find it is always better to be safe than sorry. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

39/37 at Coyote Wash yesterday.  A very early in the winter season best round to try and best 👍.  Plan to get some range time and a round in tomorrow with the Cobra Forged Tours... hope the experiment dosen't ruin the good mojo I've got going with the G410's 😬.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

3 winter rounds for me this week. I've been using a new Maverik Max with a HZRD Smoke 60 shaft at 43.5 since the end of Sept and hadn't been happy with the distance I went to the range on Monday with my Mevo and came to the conclusion that I was losing best part of 10 mph and 20 yds carry c.f. to the old Epic. Swapped the shaft to the Epic 44.5 Fujikura Pro 62 with the Maverik Max head and have been using that all week with good results. 

Thursday 2 over, chipping and putting really well, spoiled a bit by an OB at 16. My excuse is that there is a tree overhanging the green and the placed the flag right under one of the branches. Pulled my 9i a little hit the branches and deflected OB.

image.png.b3e11def145b30df177aca0c83d9423b.png

Saturday 7 over in a windy day but not hitting irons well and never really got any sort of rhythm going but still driving and putting well

image.png.5ca314ac4016a7555bd3caebf9f96fd6.png

Had a day out at the course across the valley Linlithgow, hoped to get round 18 starting out at 12:20pm but by 3pm only made it to the 12th with a fourball holding up for most of the way round. 2 over for 14 with a lost ball on 6, pulled it left thru a tree and normally cuts, never hit anything. Lost sight of it never to be seen again. Bit muddy and soft and playing off mats bit still enjoyed a change for £12.

image.png.7b99a1de92854b022133929bff3a07fe.png

Outcome is that I've gone back to the Pro who fitted me for the Maverik and asked him to replace the HZRD Smoke shaft with a std length. We'll see what happens

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

4 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

1.    All 3 of them have been to this area on golf trips before. My friend and his wife come down every year on a two week golf vacation, and stay in my development. He knows the lay of the land.

2.   I don't take a lot of "golf vacations". The reason being, I live here and spend a lot of time up on Long Island. Both areas have some of the best golf you'll find, so when I think "vacation" I'm thing of a break from golf. That said, I can't imagine packing for a golf trip, and thinking "so I'll go with the old cargo shorts on Sunday, the beat up Wranglers on Monday, then on Tuesday..."

Maybe its me, but if I were going on a golf trip, (especially one where someone was setting up my playing schedule at his club and others) I'd make it a point to pack proper golf attire instead of the jeans and cargos.

I wouldn't overthink this or let it bother you (it would me as well). Some people just don't care and unfortunately you don't have to look too far to see that. Just yesterday my wife and I were in a Walmart and a gal came in wearing a skimpy bathing suit. Yes she did have a mask - and it was possibly larger than her bathing suit. Some people just don't get it. 

Lesson learned - don't invite your friend back. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

2 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I wouldn't overthink this or let it bother you (it would me as well). Some people just don't care and unfortunately you don't have to look too far to see that. Just yesterday my wife and I were in a Walmart and a gal came in wearing a skimpy bathing suit. Yes she did have a mask - and it was possibly larger than her bathing suit. Some people just don't get it. 

Lesson learned - don't invite your friend back. 

Did you happen to get a picture of the girl in the skimpy bathing suit, Tony? Just wondering. It's not like we'd be interested in seeing anything like that...😇

5 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

Did you happen to get a picture of the girl in the skimpy bathing suit, Tony? Just wondering. It's not like we'd be interested in seeing anything like that...😇

I had my wife with me. She would have broken my phone if I tried. 😂

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

19 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I probably would have handled in pretty much the same way.   Most golfers understand that most private clubs and resort courses will have a dress code.  Apparently, this guy didn't understand that.  His disrespect to you was unacceptable IMO.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Well, I played the front side fairly well.  A poorly executed hole led to a double on the front for a 38.  Then, an alien entered my body for the backside.  I don't know if I lost focus or what, but I struggled big time shooting 43 on the back for an 81.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

20 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

No. I would have not handled it any different. In my opinion, your friend knew your club and should have told the other two in advance to be prepared to wear something decent. I feel that all golfers should be prepared to dress appropriately while playing golf. It should not matter if it's a private, semi-private or public course. Kudos to you and maybe they learned a lesson in golf etiquette.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

10 hours ago, chisag said:

...  I feel the same way you do. I really can't imagine going to any golf course I don't know and not wearing proper golf attire. Although I also wear proper golf attire at courses I do know.

and not repairing ball marks or replacing divots. These are all things most of us would never do, but we see it all too often. 

I wear golf clothes no matter where I play, never even considered golfing in jeans... Costco has it all for very cheap. And I wear my "good stuff" when I know Im going to a nice club.

not repairing ball marks or replacing divots... I learned from an old goat years ago to respect the grass. Because you will probably land in a divot for every one you don't fix. Ive turned into the guy who uses both sand fill jugs each side filling the endless divots. Probably since I play the same track 90% of the time. You would think that other people would see all the repaired areas, and think about fixing their own... but sadly, I find many new ones every day... But oddly, most seem to fix the greens thank goodness...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

15 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I had my wife with me. She would have broken my phone if I tried. 😂

I bet your eyeballs were coming out your ears though...

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 minute ago, MattF said:

I bet your eyeballs were coming out your ears though...

I recommend sunglasses to hide those wayward eyes 😂

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I recommend sunglasses to hide those wayward eyes 

Best part about living FL I’m always wearing sunglasses. Unfortunately SWMBO caught on years ago.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I broke 100 today - finished 18 holes in 97 minutes! No one in front and keeping it in play made it fast. Normally I would have walked (in about 2:15), but I strained a quad in the gym and I didn't want to stress it. Shot 78 with birdies at the first and the last (Hueston Woods, Oxford, OH).

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

7 hours ago, Rickp said:

Best part about living FL I’m always wearing sunglasses. Unfortunately SWMBO caught on years ago.

more often than not it’s my wife pointing out a pretty young thing to me. 

man, i love her. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Found a window between heavy rain and slogged out 9. Super wet and lots of down limbs on a couple fairways from a couple recent storms.  Played to a +7 which was okay considering sloppy course and the wind. 

Worked on shot routine and focus. Starting lessons in two weeks to shallow things out. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

After two large buckets at the range, testing the Cobra King Forged Tours, I put them back in the box and played 18 at Desert Hills with my PING's. 39/42, 30 putts.  I hit every fairway on the front, including both par 3 greens.  I started the back with 4 straight bogeys barely escaping a double with a 12+ foot putt. I missed several fairways on the back but only one resulted in a punch out under the tree line. I've been choking down on my driver a little and I think that is helping my fairways hit.  However, it looks to be costing me about 8-10 yards. Based on my last few rounds, I'm going to stick with it and see if the better scoring continues.

I'm finding the Cobras to be about 9-12 yards shorter, depending on loft, and launching even higher than my gamers - which I'm starting to wonder if they are too high as well.  I'm not really able to work the ball with them anymore than I can with the G410's.  I suspect this is largely my lack of skill set (particularly draw shots).  While the swingweight is supposed to be the same (D2), the G410's/AWT2.0 just feel heavier and a little better... perhaps just because I'm used to them. 

I had planned to play my round with the Cobra's but just wasn't feeling it with them. I was making good contact, but the G410's just felt better and had much less dispersion.  Dance with who brung ya 🙂.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)