TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played 16.5 holes today.  Skipped half of 9 and all of 10 because there was what seemed to be a rock concert going on.  Avoided that mess at all cost.  I did waste a 309 drive though... bummer.

I did not play well, it’s the first time I’ve been out in a month on the course. and the first time since leaving the Bryson swing at home.

I did have some good shots, but my old way of playing was all fade... took a few holes to get that down. I did try to work the ball, had some down wind holes, which I managed to hit my fade 40 yards further than hitting a draw with the same contact on the face... and I not getting enough spin? Weird I wouldn’t expect a 40 yard discrepancy between the two.  

Biggest take-a-way... I miss the Blueprints.  It was a swirler of a day for wind and I could not for the life of me control the T100S at all.  I know it can be done, I’ve seen it on TV... but I don’t know, might consider looking at blades again.  I had a ton of weird flier like shots from the fairway that went long.  The course I play, the miss is always short so that’s what I play for... but to miss over the back with a club that never should have gotten there... frustrating.

Either way, it was a beautiful day out there. And I hit all fairways that I used the driver on.  That has to be a first.

Cold when we teed off and never really warmed up all that much.  I didn't play well, at all.  44/40.  Had 3 doubles on the front (one due to an OB and another due to ball lost in water).  Another double on the back.  Sigh.  Just one of those days.  Played with my usual 4some, which has a lot of smack talk prior to and during our round.  We switch partners every time we play.  I had commented that my partner and I could bring our C games with us and still beat them.  Little did I know that both of us did, in fact, bring our C games.  We did win, as our opponents also played with their C games.  Handicaps in our group are 4,6,7, and 9, so we're pretty competitive whoever we team up with.  Lot of trash talk makes for a spirited game 🙂

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Played a slow paced nine yesterday. Beautiful evening round. Short game killed me as 36 of my stroke were 50 yards and in 😬. Once wedge testing is done I will need to rethink my strategy and get proper practice in. I was so concerned about ball striking I forgot to refocus on short game. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

With temperatures here about 60 degrees yesterday, and the wind blowing out of the west / southwest at about 20mph, decided to get out for 9 holes at 3:15PM.

Played with another man over 63 like me, and a younger friend of his, newer to the game and 19 years old.

Had my best round of my short season, shot 37 with 2 bogies and 1 birdie. Rolled in a 25 footer on  a par 3 for the bird, and the bogies were the result of missing the green on the first par 3 on the course, and then on a longer, 420 yard par 4.

Temperatures today in the mid 40's and weather outlook not so bright for the next 10 days, although if it is sunny and mid 40's may try again next weekend, provided I can find a course still open for play.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Played a slow paced nine yesterday. Beautiful evening round. Short game killed me as 36 of my stroke were 50 yards and in . Once wedge testing is done I will need to rethink my strategy and get proper practice in. I was so concerned about ball striking I forgot to refocus on short game. 

Going out w SWMBO this evening for maybe 9. She hasn’t played in at least a year but she wants to give it a go.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

7 hours ago, Rickp said:

Going out w SWMBO this evening for maybe 9. She hasn’t played in at least a year but she wants to give it a go.

LOL... Is this good news or bad, Rick? 🤪

I know a lot of the guys here love playing with the wives... I'm not that guy. The woman I'm seeing plays in the travel league I play on Thursdays. It's a really big group, 120 players, and about 20 are women. I actually asked her out in the clubhouse after the group finished about 3 years ago one of the first times she played with us.

She used to get mad at me for not wanting to play with her or other couples. She claims to "drive the ball well, get her irons in the air, and putt very well". That all sounds great, right? The problem is, this group is very tightly flighted (for the men, anyway) and everyone's handicap is listed next to their name on the pairings sheet we're emailed each Tuesday night. She's always been between a 41 and 44, which I told her is amazing considering all the things she claims to do so well. (hard to believe I'm single, huh?)

She's a great woman. Very attractive and really fun to spend time with. It's just golf is something I enjoy doing with my friends. I enjoy the ribbing, and putting some pesos on the line. She and I do a lot of stuff together, I'd just rather spend the 4 hours or so on the course with the boys, being an idiot amongst idiots.

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

39/38 w/30 putts at Mesa Del Sol today.  Got lucky on #15 par 5. 3w into the fairway bunker leaving 68 yards to back pin. Came out nice but right over the flag and into the Oleander bush in back of green, but somehow rattled itself out leaving a playable but backside in the bush chip with a fairly steep left to right.  Just trying to get it close and it went in picture perfect.  Had three less than 6 ft putts for birdie up to that point and could not get any... crazy damn game this is 🙂

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Another beautiful day today (posted yesterday's pic in the Practice thread since I only played nine holes hitting multiple balls).  My wife has been my caddie; her stitches in her hand come out on Tuesday.  

Today I walked the front nine playing with two other singles; didn't play all that well... only 3 pars and 6 bogeys.  Short game let me down.  At the turn my wife got a cart and drinks and we rode the back nine; didn't play much better... 2 pars and a birdie (15 foot right to left breaker... like the ones I'd been missing for par all day).  So ended up with 12 bogeys and a bird for an 83.  Beautiful day; nice company; so-so golf, but NO doubles or worse!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

First round since the start of the month after struggling with a sore back. Final round for the year with a local forum. Normally 5 rounds over the year with this group, this year it was reduced to 2 due to COVID.

Very much an all or nothing round. Lots of pars, a couple of birdies, but the rest was awful. Played a course I’ve never played before, and an early start made it hard work.  In truth the golf was pretty much secondary to catching up with some mates from Melbourne that I haven’t seen all year as I couldn’t make the 1st round.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

LOL... Is this good news or bad, Rick? 🤪
I know a lot of the guys here love playing with the wives... I'm not that guy. The woman I'm seeing plays in the travel league I play on Thursdays. It's a really big group, 120 players, and about 20 are women. I actually asked her out in the clubhouse after the group finished about 3 years ago one of the first times she played with us.
She used to get mad at me for not wanting to play with her or other couples. She claims to "drive the ball well, get her irons in the air, and putt very well". That all sounds great, right? The problem is, this group is very tightly flighted (for the men, anyway) and everyone's handicap is listed next to their name on the pairings sheet we're emailed each Tuesday night. She's always been between a 41 and 44, which I told her is amazing considering all the things she claims to do so well. (hard to believe I'm single, huh?)
She's a great woman. Very attractive and really fun to spend time with. It's just golf is something I enjoy doing with my friends. I enjoy the ribbing, and putting some pesos on the line. She and I do a lot of stuff together, I'd just rather spend the 4 hours or so on the course with the boys, being an idiot amongst idiots.

I don’t mind playing w SWMBO. Unfortunately when we play w other people she gets nervous/self conscious. She got over it quickly last night, she played well.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played twilight 9 hole Exec w SWMBO last night. Found a Tee Time and hoped we would not be joined by anyone else since she hasn’t played we think in almost 2 years. But last minute 2 guys jumped in on the other 2 open spots. SWMBO was a nervous wreck until she striped her 1st Tee Shot 125 yards pin high! I had her mix it up on which Tee she played so every Tee shot was in her favor. The 2 other guys were fine, they have SWMBO’s that play so we’re sympathetic, we had groups in front us that were a little slow so took pressure off me.
Anyway she got a few Pars, chipping/putting were a bit of a problem. She kicked our butts and evening went well.

Rick

Left Hand, 

11 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Played twilight 9 hole Exec w SWMBO last night. Found a Tee Time and hoped we would not be joined by anyone else since she hasn’t played we think in almost 2 years. But last minute 2 guys jumped in on the other 2 open spots. SWMBO was a nervous wreck until she striped her 1st Tee Shot 125 yards pin high! I had her mix it up on which Tee she played so every Tee shot was in her favor. The 2 other guys were fine, they have SWMBO’s that play so we’re sympathetic, we had groups in front us that were a little slow so took pressure off me.
Anyway she got a few Pars, chipping/putting were a bit of a problem. She kicked our butts and evening went well.

How are you doing with the new 710's, Rick? 

I'm breaking in a lot of new stuff all at once. Irons, wedges and putter, with new Cobra F9 hybrids on the way. It's been fun, but a bit of a roller coaster ride. I'm happy with everything so far, but I'm doing a lot of adjusting on the fly right now... not quite in a comfort zone yet. 🙄 

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

On 11/19/2020 at 7:53 PM, fixyurdivot said:

I'm finding the Cobras to be about 9-12 yards shorter, depending on loft, and launching even higher than my gamers -

What are the lofts on each 7 iron? Isn’t the ping a super GI with highly jacked lofts?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

How are you doing with the new 710's, Rick? 
I'm breaking in a lot of new stuff all at once. Irons, wedges and putter, with new Cobra F9 hybrids on the way. It's been fun, but a bit of a roller coaster ride. I'm happy with everything so far, but I'm doing a lot of adjusting on the fly right now... not quite in a comfort zone yet.  

I like the G710’s a lot. Last night didn’t hit them well but when I play w SWMBO I usually don’t, it’s distracting when I’m looking after her at same time but it’s all good!
Great getting her out and about and away from all bad news, she’s a terrible worrier and C19 hasn’t helped.

Rick

Left Hand, 

41 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

What are the lofts on each 7 iron? Isn’t the ping a super GI with highly jacked lofts?

Yes, the G410's are less lofted through the set.  They are categorized as a GI and are offered in a "power loft" spec as well (mine are standard loft). I knew this going into the experiment and that distances might be less - but not that much less. I think I'm coming to the conclusion that PD and GI are my sweet spot.  Heck, even a healthy population of the touring pro players are gaming them.  There seems to be a very small tradeoff in distance and workability for a strike zone the size of a dime vs. a quarter.  I think this data will be valuable to share with the fitter and I plan to bring the Cobra 6i & 7i along as well in case he wants me to hit them.

52 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I like the G710’s a lot.

Unless the fitter wants to move me elsewhere, I plan to test hit these.

Not going out today.  Temp dropped to 27º last night and the high is only going to be 40º.  It's 34º now at 10:30am so I'm guessing that there is at least a 2-3 hour frost delay.  That would mean that our 10am tee time won't be until about 1pm... wasted day.  High 40's tomorrow looks a lot better.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

14 hours ago, Kenny B said:

At the turn my wife got .. drinks

Oh yeah - she's a keeper! 😉 😂
(..and hope her hand heals fully and quickly so she can start hitting golf balls again!)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

14 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

So here's a 16 year old breaking the club record

SIXTEEN!!?? Wow.... can you say, "young phenom" 👍

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

My last three rounds were 87, 76 (same course) & 88. Stupid game...

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

4 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Since it was another nice golf day, I decided to hit the links this morning. I decided that I wouldn't keep score today. I wanted to work on a few things. I played well probably in the lower seventys. But it wasnt about how I played it was about how a young member of our club just played yesterday.  About a week ago he was trying to break the clubs low score record. He tied it with a 62. Yesterday he broke the record with a 61 from the blue tees with club witnesses. So here's a 16 year old breaking the club record, and when im playing my best from the white tees he beats me by 10 strokes playing from the blues. I would venture to say i'll see him on TV in the future. He was out there again playing this morning.

... Shooting a 61 at any age is the sign of a very elite player. As scores drop below par, every score is exponentially greater than the previous score. Meaning it is pretty easy to go from a career low of 79 to a 78, but going from a 69 to a 68 is extremely difficult. Anything under a 66 is a display of excellence on every level of your game, yet some luck might make it possible, like a hole in one or chipping in several times or holing long improbable putts. But to shoot a 62 and follow it with a 61 is the elite of the elite. I think the only difference between an elite player and a PGA Tour player is mental toughness and smart decision making. A 62 and a 61 at 16 yrs of age already shows mental toughness and probably means the sky is the limit. Just crazy impressive. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

4 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Shooting a 61 at any age is the sign of a very elite player. As scores drop below par, every score is exponentially greater than the previous score. Meaning it is pretty easy to go from a career low of 79 to a 78, but going from a 69 to a 68 is extremely difficult. Anything under a 66 is a display of excellence on every level of your game, yet some luck might make it possible, like a hole in one or chipping in several times or holing long improbable putts. But to shoot a 62 and follow it with a 61 is the elite of the elite. I think the only difference between an elite player and a PGA Tour player is mental toughness and smart decision making. A 62 and a 61 at 16 yrs of age already shows mental toughness and probably means the sky is the limit. Just crazy impressive. 

I know he is home schooled and does well. He playes golf almost every day. The course rating is 72/125 so its not that easy either.  He certainly has a golf future ahead of him. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

3 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I know he is home schooled and does well. He playes golf almost every day. The course rating is 72/125 so its not that easy either.  He certainly has a golf future ahead of him. 

... A 62/61 on any course is just unreal. You still have to hit fairways and greens and make your putts. Have you had a chance to play with him? . 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... A 62/61 on any course is just unreal. You still have to hit fairways and greens and make your putts. Have you had a chance to play with him? . 

I have not played with him. He playes with his buddies all around the same age. His buddies are members as well. All of them would kick my butt. I'm usually finishing up playing when they are teeing off. I watched him play some and watched him on the range. Impressive to say the least. His average driving distance yesterday was 313.  15 gir

Don't know if I would want to play with someone that good. It might discourage me. I've played the best I ever played this year shot 68 twice and struggling to hold onto a 1.3 handicap. It was a 1.2 in August. It sure is hard to maintain a low handicap when you only play once a week. Sometimes twice. This working for a living sucks. I leave the house its dark. I get home from work its dark. That only leaves the weekend.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Played an unexpected 18 with my wife yesterday - we'd actually planned on 9 at a course we haven't been to for a few years (where we got a tee time last minute on a nice Saturday) and I totally forgot that after #6 there's a loooooooong walk to the next tee. Like a full 5 minutes of brisk pace walking! (at least there were porta-potties along the way for her) And then #9 green is oriented to the further direction away from that path, so once you're out on that side well you're playing the whole thing! 

So.. I didn't think I was playing / scoring all that well; I've adopted the habit of marking my card with "Bo" (bogey), "Dbl", etc. instead of numbers and not counting up until we're sitting down afterwards with some pain killers 🍺🍷.

Ended up with a 91 which is one of my better 18 hole rounds!

6 Pars
6 Bogeys (one 3-putt bogey)
5 Doubles and 1 (gulp) Quad
---
2 penalties after approaches went wide and lost the balls under leaves
3 x 2-chips and (gulp) 1x3-chip (contributed to that Quad)
1 x 3-putt (and 3 x 1-putts) for total *EDIT* 32 putts

Tee shots were the happy surprise of the day (played the Senior tees and I tee off with my 4W) - some, but not all, were "good" and all were playable; had one pop-up but then I *pounded* the second into a good layup spot plus had one badly chunked on the #17 uphill Par 3 into a messy lie but i got a PW on it and got it out and onto the front of the green.

Chipping, as you can see, was the disappointment. On some missed approaches I had a few dodgy lies but didn't always catch the ball cleanly; I also ended up in a  few bunkers and got out OK but hit it either too far or not far enough ... so distance control out of the bunkers is yet another golf skill to be learned and developed...

Putting was generally solid. Though a bunch of first putts were not left real close, did have two or three first putts that stopped literally within 1-2 inches; and all .. save one .. second putts were sunk with good line and speed.

Had two or three GIRs and two or three up & downs - I know that doesn't sound so hot but for me it was an improvement. Another spot I could've improved was *not* pulling my 7i - wasn't hitting it so well at the range the day before so there was no reason to think I would do better this day, buuut... took me three or four wasted shots to finally convince myself not to touch it again...

So not sure if #18 Par 5 was my "best" hole but happy with how it turned out .. solid tee shot down the right side of the fairway, solid second over to the left side to a good layup and then a very solidly struck 9i towards the slightly elevated green that I pulled a bit left but still managed to hit the green; first putt right on-line but I brushed the bottom of the putter against the grass _juuuust_ a bit so came up short with about 7-8 feet slightly downhill and slightly right-to-left to go .. nailed it!!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Played yesterday in yet another bitter cold day that should have kept me home instead of on the links.  It was about 36 when we teed off and I swear it was colder by the time we hit #12.   I was playing fairly well until #9 and the wheels seem to fall off.  Ended up shooting 84. 😞 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Trying to work on some swing changes and a grip change and of course that means that I played as bad as possible. Couldn't even hit a pitch shot right. Near the end of the round, figured out what was going wrong, then i could at least start to hit pitch shots well again. 

Had a range session after the round. Found that as i have been working on swing changes, my tempo got slow. And when my tempo gets slow, bad things happen. Sequencing gets really really off. So I sped up my tempo while hitting some balls, and of course i hit the ball much better.

Got home and recorded myself doing the parallel to parallel drill that my instructor asked me to work on. I did it with what I think is my good "fast" tempo, but not trying to swing too hard. When I watched the video, this "fast" tempo actually looks really smooth and controlled on video. No wonder my swing sucked out on the course, my tempo must have been like the speed of a loaded up minivan. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Wow, that is impressive. 

I like the G710’s a lot. Last night didn’t hit them well but when I play w SWMBO I usually don’t, it’s distracting when I’m looking after her at same time but it’s all good!
Great getting her out and about and away from all bad news, she’s a terrible worrier and C19 hasn’t helped.

Forgot to mention this. There is a Par 4 hard dogleg right that you need 200+ to even get a sniff of the green that has water & traps guarding it. One of the Guys we played w last evening hit driver but to far right and was still blocked out and was in hard pan, he didn’t hesitate pulled his Driver and sliced a loooww shot under the trees and rolled middle of green, hell of a shot!!
I hit a couple irons, short wedge and one putted , lucky, I hate that hole.

Rick

Left Hand, 

My wife and I played Caloosa in Sun City Center today. A ho hum 88 for me. The Bermuda grass rough is killing me. At one of the tee boxes this big fellow was watching us. Doesn't look big in the photos but had to be a good 12 feet. My partner was watching him as I was teeing off - didn't want any surprises as my back was turned to him.
IMG_5965.thumb.JPG.1e549eeddd76da55c5d7611977cd5323.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD