TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

... Forgot to add that the 12 yr old kid had switched from Titliest AP3's to Titleist 718 CB's this summer. I did not think they fit him very well as his trajectory was too low and I think he would be much better off with T100's. I am guessing his Dad thinks he will grow into them but a higher trajectory and a little more forgiveness would be much better for his game right now. Of course I said nothing but I really wanted to. 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I played the Dye Course at my club today in our Saturday league.

There was a cold,steady rain through the front 9, just a miserable morning. I had no warmup, because I waited until minutes before my tee time to check in, hoping they'd call the game off. 

First hole I plugged short of the green, and was afraid to land my pitch short of it thinking it would plop and stop. Instead I hit it a little too hard and it went well past the pin. Came up way short as my first putt looked like it was hydroplaning over water, missed the next for a double. Hooked my tee shot OB on two, ended up with a triple. 5 over after 2, and muttering to myself for not staying home.

3rd hole hit a 5 iron 165 to within 3 feet, made birdie, and everything turned around. I ended up 44-39-83 on a long wet golf course.

I came in second in gross, but never had a chance in net. So many guys dropped out they combined the A and B flights. The B's are 18 and up, and they all play the green tees. It's incredible the net scores they come in with. Net 65 took 4th today....

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

46 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

**EDIT*** I totally screwed this post up, LOL. I meant to quote @ncwoz and quoted MYSELF instead. 🙄

I saw the pics you posted of your new irons, and they're beauties.

Just an aside, but I think "total putts" is the most irrelevant stat in golf, unless you're a very low handicap player who hits a ton of greens. I used to count putts every round until one of my leagues started paying the player with lowest number of putts every so often. The first time I won it, I couldn't hit a green all day with my irons. Even my good shots stopped on or near the fringe. Every hole was the same thing, I'd either putt or chip it on. If I holed the next putt it was a one putt, even if I missed I was taking two putts. I don't remember my exact total, but it was around 26-7 putts. I shot in the mid to high 80's with a lot of bogeys and a couple of doubles.

That's when I realized for a player at my level, the worse my approach shots are, the lower my total number of putts will be.

Edited by Grand Stranded

9 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I posted about my round over in the Classic Bag Challenge thread, but thought I'd give a rundown on it here. Played nine holes today posting a score of 61. The round started out good as I was sitting at +7 through the first five holes. I went bogey, double, double, double, par. I was pretty proud of the past on the fifth as I hit a good drive on the left hand side of the fairway and followed that up with a 145 yard shot that was dead on the pin, but rolled past. Two putts later, and one of those being from the fringe, par.

The round went sideways after that, but I had a good time with my wife joining me and keeping good company as we got stuck behind some slower players on the sixth. 20201128_142424-01.jpeg.7ee2d6ba2a2bb1c2b31d7414fc978148.jpeg

I think having to slow down killed what momentum I had going and was +18 on the final four holes capped off by an 11 on the par 4 ninth. 

I'm not going to complain, I hit some great shots that I'm proud of since I was playing with persimmon woods and bladed irons. I had a second shot on the 4th that landed close to a small tree leaving me 100 yards to the pin and I hit a nice 8 iron pin high just off the green to the left. I also hit a drive on 7 that gave me a legitimate shot to the green (99 yards) that I just duffed. I also was on with the putter, my lag putting was good and I even sunk one from 22 feet.

It was a great day to be on the course, even considering my play was terrible. Good company and playing this game I love made it an amazing round. 

I'm loving your hat and sweater. You look like you're ready to tee it up at The Old Course at St. Andrews!!! 👍

2 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

**EDIT*** I totally screwed this post up, LOL. I meant to quote @ncwoz and quoted MYSELF instead. 🙄

Just an aside, but I think "total putts" is the most irrelevant stat in golf, unless you're a very low handicap player who hits a ton of greens. I used to count putts every round until one of my leagues started paying the player with lowest number of putts every so often. The first time I won it, I couldn't hit a green all day with my irons. Even my good shots stopped on or near the fringe. Every hole was the same thing, I'd either putt or chip it on. If I holed the next putt it was a one putt, even if I missed I was taking two putts. I don't remember my exact total, but it was around 26-7 putts. I shot in the mid to high 80's with a lot of bogeys and a couple of doubles.

That's when I realized for a player at my level, the worse my approach shots are, the lower my total number of putts will be.

Yep!  I miss a lot of greens, but I average 30-31 putts per round.  However, I don't think "total putts" is an irrelevant stat, but it has to be considered with GIR.  If I only counted putts per GIR, I would average 35-36 putts.  So, it does provide an indication of ability to get up and down from off the green.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

25 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I posted about my round over in the Classic Bag Challenge thread, but thought I'd give a rundown on it here. Played nine holes today posting a score of 61. The round started out good as I was sitting at +7 through the first five holes. I went bogey, double, double, double, par. I was pretty proud of the past on the fifth as I hit a good drive on the left hand side of the fairway and followed that up with a 145 yard shot that was dead on the pin, but rolled past. Two putts later, and one of those being from the fringe, par.

The round went sideways after that, but I had a good time with my wife joining me and keeping good company as we got stuck behind some slower players on the sixth. 20201128_142424-01.jpeg.7ee2d6ba2a2bb1c2b31d7414fc978148.jpeg

I think having to slow down killed what momentum I had going and was +18 on the final four holes capped off by an 11 on the par 4 ninth. 

I'm not going to complain, I hit some great shots that I'm proud of since I was playing with persimmon woods and bladed irons. I had a second shot on the 4th that landed close to a small tree leaving me 100 yards to the pin and I hit a nice 8 iron pin high just off the green to the left. I also hit a drive on 7 that gave me a legitimate shot to the green (99 yards) that I just duffed. I also was on with the putter, my lag putting was good and I even sunk one from 22 feet.

It was a great day to be on the course, even considering my play was terrible. Good company and playing this game I love made it an amazing round. 

Have you tried letting your wife drive the cart... essentially be your caddie.  While my wife has been on "injured reserve" with her hand surgery, I had her drive the cart and I just rode... played pretty well too!

Now that she has the stitches out, she's getting back into playing and likes to grab a wedge and putter and walk up towards the green and pitch/chip a ball or two, so I'm back driving again.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Yep, I totally understand what you're saying. I usually have a pretty good feel throughout the round though if I'm putting well or not, and I let putts and GIR accent the story of how the putting was going for the round.

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Yep!  I miss a lot of greens, but I average 30-31 putts per round.  However, I don't think "total putts" is an irrelevant stat, but it has to be considered with GIR.  If I only counted putts per GIR, I would average 35-36 putts.  So, it does provide an indication of ability to get up and down from off the green.

That's a really good point. I know there's plenty of times for my round my number of putts can show how well my scrambling was, or by how good my approach game was.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

37 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Lets say we both hit a green in two, Kenny. 

We were both 100 out. You stuck your wedge to within 3 feet. I bladed mine and I'm on the back of the green 40 feet away.

I roll my first putt inside 2 feet, make it for par. You pull your 3 foot birdie putt and tap in for your par also.

We both had two putts, right? Yet I'm walking off like I stole something, and you're upset with yourself.

I judge my putting by how well I do with the "important" putts. You know, the makeable birdie, the long lag, that par save when you really need it... that's what determines how good I'm putting, not a total number.

I read something once that always stuck with me... Let's say you were given odds to beat a Tour Pro at either one of two things. Playing him from the tips, tee to the green (no putting), OR a putting contest from 30 feet over the course of 18 holes.

You're going to have a much better chance of beating him with the putter. Take a look at the "make" percentages from different distances like 5-10, 20, 30 feet for a Pro, to a player of your level and even a high handicapper. They aren't that different.

I think scoring well is way more dependent on good ball striking (especially with the irons) than good putting. 

Edited by Grand Stranded

20 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I'm loving your hat and sweater. You look like you're ready to tee it up at The Old Course at St. Andrews!!! 👍

Thank you! One of the challenges of our competition is best classic outfit and this is what I wore as mine. 

12 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Have you tried letting your wife drive the cart... essentially be your caddie.  While my wife has been on "injured reserve" with her hand surgery, I had her drive the cart and I just rode... played pretty well too!

Now that she has the stitches out, she's getting back into playing and likes to grab a wedge and putter and walk up towards the green and pitch/chip a ball or two, so I'm back driving again.

I usually let her drive when we go together, she gets a kick out of driving the cart and I love making her happy. She complains that I drive too fast when I'm in control. 

Played well today.  I changed my time over the ball.  I committed to each shot before I got over the ball and then hit the ball.  

I had been spending to much time over the ball thinking about things that can effect the shot ie wind, slope, lie.  Today I committed to all those things before approaching the ball and then trusted myself to just hit the shot.  Shot a tidy 69

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

24 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

Lets say we both hit a green in two, Kenny. 

We were both 100 out. You stuck your wedge to within 3 feet. I bladed mine and I'm on the back of the green 40 feet away.

I roll my first putt inside 2 feet, make it for par. You pull your 3 foot birdie putt and tap in for your par also.

We both had two putts, right? Yet I'm walking off like I stole something, and you're upset with yourself.

I judge my putting by how well I do with the "important" puuts. You know, the makeable birdie, the long lag, that par save when you really need it... that's what determines how good I'm putting, not a total number.

I read something once that always stuck with me... Let's say you were given 50-1 odds to beat a Tour Pro at either one of two things. Playing him from HIS tees to the green (no putting), OR a putting contest from 30 feet over the course of 18 holes.

You're going to have a much better chance of beating him with the putter. Take a look at the "make" percentages from different distances like 10, 20, 30 feet from a Pro, to a player of your level and even a high handicapper. They aren't that different.

I think scoring well is way more dependent on good ball striking*especially with the irons) than good putting. 

I agree completely!  I will say that it makes a big difference on the players ability, and each player has different strengths and expectations.  

Let's take me for example, since I know me best.  There will be very few times in an 18 hole round that I hit a ball close to the pin with any club from 100+ yards.  So, if I do hit my ball to 3 feet, I better make that putt... or any shot to 3 feet from off the green.  I don't always obviously, but I practice enough that I don't miss many.  

But I do miss a lot of greens.  So, I practice chips/pitches getting the ball within 3-4 feet where I will make a high percentage of putts.  I will never score well from good approach shots, and I have grown to accept that.  However, if my short game is working well, then I can score well.  So, for me scoring is way more dependent on good chipping, pitching and putting.  Good short game = 75-79;  bad short game = 85-89.

25 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I agree completely!  I will say that it makes a big difference on the players ability, and each player has different strengths and expectations.  

Let's take me for example, since I know me best.  There will be very few times in an 18 hole round that I hit a ball close to the pin with any club from 100+ yards.  So, if I do hit my ball to 3 feet, I better make that putt... or any shot to 3 feet from off the green.  I don't always obviously, but I practice enough that I don't miss many.  

But I do miss a lot of greens.  So, I practice chips/pitches getting the ball within 3-4 feet where I will make a high percentage of putts.  I will never score well from good approach shots, and I have grown to accept that.  However, if my short game is working well, then I can score well.  So, for me scoring is way more dependent on good chipping, pitching and putting.  Good short game = 75-79;  bad short game = 85-89.

Gotcha... and yes of course a good short game is crucial to most mere mortals. We're going to miss greens often, both because of our aging body, and ball striking issues.

There's nothing that frustrates me more than making a good bunker, or pitch shot, and missing the putt. All the good feeling goes away when I don't convert. It's so crucial to our scoring.

What's the old saying? "Pros who make one putt pars are like dogs who chase cars... they don't last long."

Edited by Grand Stranded

First time playing in 4 weeks.  Started out good... 39 front 9. Things went south on the back when the flasks came out...lol. I ended up shooting 85. Not terrible, but it confirmed that I can't score well while drinking.

Hour and a half frost delay today, but sunny and warmed up to mid 40's again.  Gorgeous!!  My first 4 holes were shots just like I imagined them, but only got pars; missed a very makable birdie on #4.  Then I scrambled for pars on #5 and 6, but bogeyed #7; parred #8 and 9... a +1 round of 38 for the front nine.  

My wife still can't play except for pitches, chips, and putts after her hand surgery, but on #2 she dropped a ball 35 yards from the green and holed the shot.

The back nine started with bogeys on #10 and 11; scrambled for par on #12 and 13; missed birdie putts on #14 and 15 before I bogeyed #16.  My only birdie came on an 8 footer on the par 3 #17.  Then... and then...  I made a string of poor decisions on #18.  I was +2 on the #18 tee and hit one of my worst drives of the day; short, right rough.  I could have hit a 9i to the fairway at the dogleg leaving 170y, but I thought I could squeeze my 2H between the tree on the left and the bunker on the right... Nope!  Nice shot, but didn't carry far enough... bunker, now 146y to the green all carry over bunker or water.  I should have punched a shot down the fairway, then a wedge over the sand again to the green for my 4th shot. I decided to try for green.  Two more bunker shots, one from 80y and another from 30y, and a fiasco on the green and I managed to end my round with a triple bogey.  So, +5 on the back nine for a round of 78.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda...  🙄

16 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

My wife still can't play except for pitches, chips, and putts after her hand surgery, but on #2 she dropped a ball 35 yards from the green and holed the shot.

That's a heckuva shot, especially since she had the surgery. How much longer before she can get back out and play? 

9 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's a heckuva shot, especially since she had the surgery. How much longer before she can get back out and play? 

I think about 2 more weeks.  She had stitches taken out last Tuesday.  It will all depend on how much vibration she can stand when hitting the ground.  I suspect she will be able to hit her driver before any clubs longer than a PW off the ground.

But the weather is turning cold this week, so I don't know if we will be playing much anyway.  Supposed to be low 20's to mid-30's this week.

Played 9 this afternoon since it was so nice.  A lot of people had the same idea and it was extremely slow, over 2 hours.  2 birdies, 4 pars, 2 bogies and 1 stupid chunk-a-chip then 3 putt double bogey on the 9th to end up with a 2 over 38.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

golf won today.

45/43 = 88

4/14 FiR

4/18 GiR

32 Putts

After a really good warm up on the range hitting ~20 balls and 3 really good shots with driver I was feeling good on the first tee box. Then it went to sh*t. Missed everything left today whether it was driver or irons. The only positive was that the TSI 3/5w were great. Hit a 5w into the wind and rain on a 200y par 3 to about 12'. 4 penalty strokes didn't help either.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Rained out this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played a short 9 with my wife yesterday, on an unusually mild and calm late Nov day.

Started off not so well .. was feeling a bit stiff and off-balance but somehow managed to scratch out bogeys .. basically thanks to good putting (despite poor and left-right ball striking). Third hole got it in gear and made a rare-for-me par on this dogleg right with a good tee shot over the trees at the corner and a lucky second that was a little thin and low but held the green.

After this all my Par 4/5 tee shots were good though only made one more par and the rest bogeys. On the two short Par 3s my iron shots both came up a bit short (I think you're supposed to add yards in cold dry air? ..which I didn't...) - first Par 3 I didn't hit my wedge hard enough from where I was, ball stopped in the rough just short of the green and I had to chip again .. which I then ran all the way to the back fringe .. d'oh .. 2 putted for Double for my worst hole of the day... Other Par 3 I almost chipped in from in front of the green .. ball grazed the low side of the cup and ran past .. left the 3 foot comeback putt literally hanging on the high side edge of the cup .. bogey...

My other highlights were making bogey on my nemesis hole that I typically double or triple - and that was even with another 2-chip after I left the approach wedge shot short and in the front bunker - from where I made (another rare-for-me) up and down .. yea! Also managed to finish with the same ball I'd started with.

But the real highlight of the day belongs to my wife -- #9 closing Par 3 has a pond in front of the tee box .. she tees up her driver and blasts away and flies the ball to the green .. yea! and it rolls out into the rough on the far side. We get over there .. she lines up her shot .. CHIPS IT STRAIGHT IN FOR BIRDIE!!! 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

It was a balmy 48 Monday, so I went to my home course and shot a slightly sloppy 77. Lots of birdie chances, but only 1 for the round. Missed a lot of fairways, but hit a lot of greens. Any golf this time of year here is a bonus!

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

Well, I had a rough time out there today.... 🙄 Let me get the excuses out of the way first. It was 39*-44* and a very steady strong wind all day. Yada Yada... I still should've been a LOT better than I was.

We played the Dye Course at my club. I was playing with a 23 year old 4 cap, a 30 year old 6, and a 59 year old(7 years younger than me) who plays off a 9. The two young guys crush the ball and the other is a pretty good ball striker.

I started off okay, but for a while it seemed like we were always into the wind, and I got caught up in the moment. I played one of the dumbest rounds I can remember in a long time. There was no way I was going to keep up with these guys distance wise in todays conditions, but I kept swinging harder and harder in an attempt to do so.

It got to a point where I started to reverse pivot, and my back stiffened up because of that. Long story short, it was a nightmare. I limped in with a 47-50-97, and honestly I thought it was worse. When they added up the scores, I was shocked I was under a 100.

When I struggle like that I'm not really aware of how the rest of my group is scoring, I'm just trying to "stay out of their way". Turns out the 4 shot a 91, the 59 year old an 86. The only one who played well was the 6 cap, and even he shot an 82.

By this point, I should know enough to stay within myself and play my game, I've played with good players a ton of times, yet today? Not so much. So tonight I'll hope my back doesn't stiffen up overnight, and hopefully redeem myself tomorrow.  It's going to be a little better weather (not too much better) and I'm playing Pine Lakes, another tough layout. 

Well, I had a rough time out there today....  Let me get the excuses out of the way first. It was 39*-44* and a very steady strong wind all day. Yada Yada... I still should've been a LOT better than I was.
We played the Dye Course at my club. I was playing with a 23 year old 4 cap, a 30 year old 6, and a 59 year old(7 years younger than me) who plays off a 9. The two young guys crush the ball and the other is a pretty good ball striker.
I started off okay, but for a while it seemed like we were always into the wind, and I got caught up in the moment. I played one of the dumbest rounds I can remember in a long time. There was no way I was going to keep up with these guys distance wise in todays conditions, but I kept swinging harder and harder in an attempt to do so.
It got to a point where I started to reverse pivot, and my back stiffened up because of that. Long story short, it was a nightmare. I limped in with a 47-50-97, and honestly I thought it was worse. When they added up the scores, I was shocked I was under a 100.
When I struggle like that I'm not really aware of how the rest of my group is scoring, I'm just trying to "stay out of their way". Turns out the 4 shot a 91, the 59 year old an 86. The only one who played well was the 6 cap, and even he shot an 82.
By this point, I should know enough to stay within myself and play my game, I've played with good players a ton of times, yet today? Not so much. So tonight I'll hope my back doesn't stiffen up overnight, and hopefully redeem myself tomorrow.  It's going to be a little better weather (not too much better) and I'm playing Pine Lakes, another tough layout. 

Those are brutal conditions, almost impossible to score decently.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

41 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Those are brutal conditions, almost impossible to score decently.

For sure, but I'm more upset with myself for the overswing thing than the score.

I should know better than that, and I'm paying for it now, buddy. The back feels pretty bad right now...