TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Really frustrating day today on the course.  Nice sunny day with temps in the mid to upper 40s and little to no wind to speak of.  Played the front okay, but not great with 4 bogeys for a 40.  Made the turn and the train left the station without me.  I missed EVERY par putt on the backside for a smooth bogey round 45 -- close but no cigar putts -- not bad putts, just didn't go in.  Now, the fact that I wasn't hitting greens in regulation didn't help matters, but really????  I'm generally a pretty good putter, but not today.  As I said, they were good putts that just burned the edge...and to cap it off, on 18, my 6 foot uphill par putt, with no break, ended up quivering on the lip -- just to annoy me, I think.  My partner played almost as poorly as I did and we ended up losing big time.  Had to give one of the opponents 5 shots, but that really didn't make a difference.    I'd make the excuse that the putting greens were a bit shaggier and slower than we usually see, but one of our opponents shot his usual 2 over, so there goes that excuse.  Peace out!  😄  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

On 11/30/2020 at 11:34 AM, cksurfdude said:

Played a short 9 with my wife yesterday, on an unusually mild and calm late Nov day.

Started off not so well .. was feeling a bit stiff and off-balance but somehow managed to scratch out bogeys .. basically thanks to good putting (despite poor and left-right ball striking). Third hole got it in gear and made a rare-for-me par on this dogleg right with a good tee shot over the trees at the corner and a lucky second that was a little thin and low but held the green.

After this all my Par 4/5 tee shots were good though only made one more par and the rest bogeys. On the two short Par 3s my iron shots both came up a bit short (I think you're supposed to add yards in cold dry air? ..which I didn't...) - first Par 3 I didn't hit my wedge hard enough from where I was, ball stopped in the rough just short of the green and I had to chip again .. which I then ran all the way to the back fringe .. d'oh .. 2 putted for Double for my worst hole of the day... Other Par 3 I almost chipped in from in front of the green .. ball grazed the low side of the cup and ran past .. left the 3 foot comeback putt literally hanging on the high side edge of the cup .. bogey...

My other highlights were making bogey on my nemesis hole that I typically double or triple - and that was even with another 2-chip after I left the approach wedge shot short and in the front bunker - from where I made (another rare-for-me) up and down .. yea! Also managed to finish with the same ball I'd started with.

But the real highlight of the day belongs to my wife -- #9 closing Par 3 has a pond in front of the tee box .. she tees up her driver and blasts away and flies the ball to the green .. yea! and it rolls out into the rough on the far side. We get over there .. she lines up her shot .. CHIPS IT STRAIGHT IN FOR BIRDIE!!! 👍

Giving golf claps to Lisa...

giphy.gif

Maybe you could go see Lisa's instructor?  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 11/26/2020 at 10:23 AM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I'm working on driver distance currently.  I was at a topgolf with customers and one of them is a really good golfer. ( At another level ) I watched him put 10 shots in a row within the three inner circles at the far target with a 7 iron. I studied his impact position, weight shift and timing. I am trying to incorporate those positions and timing. So far its working well. I've probably gained another 15 yards.  I think I was doing everything well before but I think I was decelerating coming into impact.

nice, yes acceleration thru impact is good. I find myself doing that on occasion, and its always a weak fade. My new driver swing (ala John Daly) is starting to get ingrained, and used it today at a stag day. Wasn't perfect , but had a few get out over 280. Thats like a 30-40 yard gain on the old g400. The Mavric aint no joke...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

4 hours ago, chisag said:

... I keep thinking I am done for the year in Chicago. But bright sun, 42 and practically no wind at all was calling me. Since it was cold, the fairways shaggy and the greens slow, I moved up a tee box to play with the 2 guys I was paired up with. Had several makable birdie putts that didn't fall on the super slow greens. 1 birdie, 1 bogie and 16 pars. It has been soooooo windy with warm air from the south keeping the courses open so a no wind day was a real treat. I think my next round will be in Phoenix with completely opposite conditions so I am really looking forward to it. 

I played yesterday and it was 45* when I teed off. Thought I was going to die from freezing...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Bacon Boyz tomorrow
Got a dozen guys, C19 scaring guys again.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

This was earlier this week, on the front 9 I shot 2 under with only 9 putts, I holed out 3 times from off the green and had 3 two putts. Then on the back I had a chance to beat my personal best of 68 but finished bogey-bogey to shoot 69. Also I did a no-driver challenge that day, I wish I could play that good all of the time.

:cobra-small:Radspeed 10.5*

:titleist-small:TS 15* 3 Wood

:mizuno-small:CLK 19* Hybrid

:mizuno-small:JPX 900 Forged P-4 Irons

:titleist-small:SM7 52*&56* Wedges

:titleist-small:SM6 60* Wedge

:taylormade-small:Ghost Spider Putter

:bridgestone-small:Tour B XS

Golf drives me crazy...

I posted yesterday about my debacle (97) in cold windy conditions. I was worried I wouldn't be able to play today, because my back was killing me last night from over swinging, blah blah.

So this morning I woke up, took a Meloxicam for the back and headed off to play Pine Lakes with my Thursday travel league. Another cold day, but thankfully no wind to speak of.

From the very first hole, everything just clicked. I shot an 81, even though my putter was burning edges all day, I couldn't make a thing. I could've cared less though, I know I can putt, it was just one of those days when nothing falls.

What a dopey game though. I played two courses with about the same rating in two days and had a 16 stroke difference in my scores... I mean, really?????

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

+7 44 ESC 43 (par 37)

4/7 FiR

4/9 GiR

17 Putts

Really inconsistent today -- flashes of decent golf mixed with really dumb/poor mistakes. Lipped out birdies on 4 and 9 which is kind of frustrating after sinking a really nice birdie putt on the 2nd from about 15 feet. Shortgame around the greens is atrocious right now, need to figure it out.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Bacon Boyz 9 this morning, Boyz will be Boyz!!
One takeaway from this morning was TSI2 driver even without the correct heel weight is still Freakin long!! Over 200+ yards on the 2 Par 4’s. This sucker is long. 1st shot probably 215.
After golf off to breakfast and solve the worlds problems with not exactly health food.
Man that driver is long....

Rick

Left Hand, 

Bacon Boyz 9 this morning, Boyz will be Boyz!!
One takeaway from this morning was TSI2 driver even without the correct heel weight is still Freakin long!! Over 200+ yards on the 2 Par 4’s. This sucker is long. 1st shot probably 215.
After golf off to breakfast and solve the worlds problems with not exactly health food.
Man that driver is long....

Rick

Left Hand, 

My wife and I played Summerfield Crossing in Riverview, Fl. today. A bit pricey for what it was ($89. including tax). Overall the course was ok,  fairly narrow, lots of trees and LOTS of water. Didn't see any alligators - I've become very good at spotting them. Lost 4 balls on the front and 1 on the back. Fortunately my wife had just reloaded her bag so I could borrow some. Even though I lost 5 balls, I still ended up with an 89 and she carded a 97. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

My wife and I played Summerfield Crossing in Riverview, Fl. today. A bit pricey for what it was ($89. including tax). Overall the course was ok,  fairly narrow, lots of trees and LOTS of water. Didn't see any alligators - I've become very good at spotting them. Lost 4 balls on the front and 1 on the back. Fortunately my wife had just reload her bag. In spite of that I ended up with an 89 and she carded a 97. 

Some FL courses try to take advantage of winter rates.
We spotted a 8’-10’ footer this morning, couldn’t get close for pic.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

My wife and I played Summerfield Crossing in Riverview, Fl. today. A bit pricey for what it was ($89. including tax). Overall the course was ok,  fairly narrow, lots of trees and LOTS of water. Didn't see any alligators - I've become very good at spotting them😜. Lost 4 balls on the front and 1 on the back. Fortunately my wife had just reload her bag. In spite of that I ended up with an 89 and she carded a 97. 

$89... that's for both of you, right?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

$89... that's for both of you, right?

Yup for two of us. It was a course we wanted to try out but ended up not as nice as the courses around the corner from us that are cheaper. Live and learn.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Yup for two of us. It was a course we wanted to try out but ended up not as nice as the courses around the corner from us that are cheaper. Live and learn.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Headed to Palm Springs next month (maybe 🙄) and $89 is cheap for one person!!

2 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Hard to believe I was able to play a round on December 5th in RI, but we had a great day at Pawtucket Country Club; long and straight was the play today. Wind picked up and there were some *long* approaches into a number of par 4's. 
Was ecstatic to be able to play and the course was in great shape!

IMG_20201204_124450__01.jpg

IMG_20201204_125343 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20201204_095501 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20201204_122517 - Copy.jpg

Nice looking course!  Go Beavs!!!!!

10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Headed to Palm Springs next month (maybe 🙄) and $89 is cheap for one person!!

Good luck.  We canceled plans for Indio this year because of Covid and the restrictions in place in Ca.  

I was thinking the same thing....$89 for 2 to play golf isn't too bad (of course, if it's a goat ranch, maybe it is).  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

On 12/2/2020 at 10:39 PM, Kenny B said:

Maybe you could go see Lisa's instructor?  

Hah!! *If* she had an instructor....

Her last lessons were last Summer when we were at a Nancy Lopez clinic. She's not necessarily a great athlete but does have this freaky great eye-hand coordination!!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I'm not exactly famous for making smart decisions on the golf course, but today the blind squirrel found a nut!!!

Another cold, windy day (WTF is going on down here) so I decided to take the PXGs out of the bag and put my old set of Rogue X's in play for the first time in over a month to try and get a little lower flight and more distance. It worked like a charm.

We had 8 two man teams, $20 a man, paying $100 each for the front, back and total with a $20 CTP. My partner and I shot 32-34-66 and won the hole pot, and split $300. I was shocked we took the back with -2, but the wind got stronger as the day went on, and it turned out we won it by 2 shots

The Scotty Cameron I bought three weeks ago was money today. I made 3 birdie putts ranging from 15-25 feet... it was one of those fun days when the hole looks like a bucket.

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

Played 9, shot 39, two three-putts. Hit 7/9 greens. Driver today wasn’t good. I was hitting cross court, top spin forehands with it all day. Irons and wedges were good! 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Played crappy but wasn’t playing to score. Wanted to try a better setup with my driver and unground my 3w and it just wasn’t working. If I wanted to play to score would have ditched it after the first hole. Also didn’t help I played with some very beginners. On the bright side one asked if I do tournaments so I must have looked good in his eyes. I did hit some great shots and would have been in the mid 40s if I didn’t try to work with the driver and just hit DI or 4i off the tee. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

5 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Isn't golf a funny beast

Some days I find it much less funny than others 😆.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

10 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Some days I find it much less funny than others 😆.

It's just a different kind of funny... Funny, haha or Funny, weird.

Some days. I have to laugh.  

Starting to get my distance back with irons. Was previously going through some weird phase of hitting irons really short, like a 110 yard 7 iron. For reference, normally a PW is 115 to 130 yard club, depending on if I am taking a full swing or 3/4 swing. Finally got that distance back today, fixed my grip.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4