TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

87 44/43 

4/18 GIRs, 8/14 FIRs, 31 putts. 2 birdies

Had a good time walking RTJ Oxmoor Valley with @TBS and others. Weather is perfect right now, just wish the course would drain a little better. Struggled with the irons on this round. Felt like my ball had a mission of finding every fairway/green side bunker possible. Driver and putter were fine. Onto the next.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

13 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Dr put me on the bench for another week. She wants the antibiotics to have tim3 to work while I am resting......dealing with Walking pneumonia after Covid19.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Hopefully you will be feeling better in a few days, better be safe than sorry.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

LOL, back to reality today with a nifty little (43-37) 80.  Started out bogey, double bogey, bogey.  

The golf gods giveth, and the golf gods taketh away.  Am just thankful I live in the south where we can play golf year round.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

38/41 at Mesa Del Sol.  3 putted two GIR's on the back.  I also went for it on a Par 5 that had a favorable flag and wind condition but it hit the bank across the water and rolled back for a penalty.  Add an OB on #14 ( I usually hit a 3w off the tee) and things got a little loose on the back.  But, I took 3 of 4 kp's, had a birdie, and had fewest total putts yielding a $1.25 purse 👍.

Sounds like the irons are working fine.  If you spend the $3000, you might win $1.75  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 12/18/2020 at 9:29 PM, fozcycle said:

Dr put me on the bench for another week. She wants the antibiotics to have tim3 to work while I am resting......dealing with Walking pneumonia after Covid19.

good advice - don't push it. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

It was a beautiful day to be on the course, temps were in the mid 50's and it was windy. I could have done without the wind, except when it was behind me, it did lead to a couple of good drives. It also knocked down more shots than it helped since the wind more often than not was blowing in my face.

20201221_151314-01.jpeg.0dc1142f89b514ac6855355a6286faeb.jpeg

Shot a 56 hitting one fairway, no greens, and 16 putts. Having 4 penalties and hitting two balls into the same pond didn't help. The first one was a 52 from 75 yards and another was from behind the pond. Needless to say, I struggled mightily with the wedge game. I was hitting them good yesterday into the net, but get me on the course and it all falls apart. 

I'm starting Planemate protocols back up to see if I can improve that aspect of my game and get the bad shots and thoughts out of my head. All wedges, all day tomorrow for this guy. 

My putting was on fire! I had 16 putts with no 3 putts and two one putts from 30 and 24 feet. I almost sunk a 20 footer on the last hole. 

I'm playing horribly right now, my game is a dumpster fire and it's been hard not to get discouraged. I intend to beat the slump into the ground, I'm stubborn that way. I still had fun on the course and am thankful to have been able to play today. 

58 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

It was a beautiful day to be on the course, temps were in the mid 50's and it was windy. I could have done without the wind, except when it was behind me, it did lead to a couple of good drives. It also knocked down more shots than it helped since the wind more often than not was blowing in my face.

20201221_151314-01.jpeg.0dc1142f89b514ac6855355a6286faeb.jpeg

Shot a 56 hitting one fairway, no greens, and 16 putts. Having 4 penalties and hitting two balls into the same pond didn't help. The first one was a 52 from 75 yards and another was from behind the pond. Needless to say, I struggled mightily with the wedge game. I was hitting them good yesterday into the net, but get me on the course and it all falls apart. 

I'm starting Planemate protocols back up to see if I can improve that aspect of my game and get the bad shots and thoughts out of my head. All wedges, all day tomorrow for this guy. 

My putting was on fire! I had 16 putts with no 3 putts and two one putts from 30 and 24 feet. I almost sunk a 20 footer on the last hole. 

I'm playing horribly right now, my game is a dumpster fire and it's been hard not to get discouraged. I intend to beat the slump into the ground, I'm stubborn that way. I still had fun on the course and am thankful to have been able to play today. 

Better get to work on practicing those 20-100y shots that was mentioned in your 2021 plan!!  Partial distance feel shots require lots of practice and much maintenance.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

Better get to work on practicing those 20-100y shots that was mentioned in your 2021 plan!!  Partial distance feel shots require lots of practice and much maintenance.

Yessir! I'll be spending a lot of time the next couple of weeks building a foundation for a better short game and then spend time maintaining it with the net and on the range. I need to build a chart for 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 shots and their yardages. 

4 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Yessir! I'll be spending a lot of time the next couple of weeks building a foundation for a better short game and then spend time maintaining it with the net and on the range. I need to build a chart for 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 shots and their yardages. 

I am not a sir... I am El Conquistador.   😆

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Thanks @sirchunksalot.  I was hoping you got the reference.

Unfortunately, I missed that one. You did inspire me to Google it and give it a listen. Hilarious! I saw it was brought up with the Bob and Tom morning show, was that something original to them? I used to listen to them when I'd head over to middle Tennessee to hunt. They weren't in my market, but a friend and I would crack up at some of the songs they would play. Most notably Prison B***h and an advertisement about cider. 

Thank you for giving me a laugh this morning and bringing back some fond memories. 

37 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Unfortunately, I missed that one. You did inspire me to Google it and give it a listen. Hilarious! I saw it was brought up with the Bob and Tom morning show, was that something original to them? I used to listen to them when I'd head over to middle Tennessee to hunt. They weren't in my market, but a friend and I would crack up at some of the songs they would play. Most notably Prison B***h and an advertisement about cider. 

Thank you for giving me a laugh this morning and bringing back some fond memories. 

Thanks!!  They had some funny stuff and comedians.  I used to listen to Bob and Tom on my way to work years ago.  They changed several years ago when Bob left; I switched to SiriusXM.

Got in a quick nine the other day, and some nice elves went out and decorated the flagsticks for us.

image.png.53151c791d67adababa329c4e740c3ca.png

That was a second shot on a par 4 from 90 yards out.  Would have been really nice.  I played great and shot 1 under (easy course, think of it as 1 over on a reasonably tough course).  Best part?  My putter was sitting on the putting mat in my office, so I had to put with a 4 iron.  I actually putted OK and made a 30 footer for birdie.  A Christmas miracle!

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

It has been a pretty wet Autumn in Scotland this year and our course has struggled. We have 5 holes that don't drain very well in the Winter so the club use a slightly different layout in Winter we play a course layout called Kinglass. They maintain 6 greens for Winter keeping to the top of the course and take off 6 Summer holes. Even doing this they have struggled to keep 18 holes open and we've been only playing 11 holes. 

First round yesterday for 2 weeks of 18 and managed a 4 over par 68, couldn't make a putt all day. 4 bogies and 14 pars. Bogeyed 4, an easy par 5 with a litany of errors, bunkerd off the tee, under club my approach, over hit my chip. 10 got a flyer on approach, good chip then missed putt from 6 feet. 14 is a hard hole but got away with hitting a double cross 3h approach and saved a bogey. Then 17 is a birdie chance hole normally for me, 10 yds short with drive but short sided, hit the chip heavy and 3 putted. 

Out again today for my last round before Xmas, 35'F but no frost on the ground so should have a good day.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Did not shoot well on a very chilly nine today. Wet and cold. Every iron was hit fat. Think I had too many swing thoughts going on. My 3/4 and half shots were good and bump and runs worked real well. Driver distance is concerning. In the summer I was about 270 with max of 300. Now, I am barely touching 230. I get the cold and wet grass probably are discouraging me but I also worry my inch short shaft now is too stiff and if I should try to swap it with CPO for a stiff of the same. Also sadly, battling some tendinitis above my elbow and gonna take some time off. So much for my swing speed work. Maybe I can use this time to work on short game and proper hip rotation drills. Also really thinking about the top of my bag. The 3H isn’t cutting it ( avg only 150 with it today which is my 8i distance and I struggle with fairway woods, may come down to practice with it more) and the 2 DI I need more practice with. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

1 hour ago, rbsiedsc said:

Did not shoot well on a very chilly nine today. Wet and cold. Every iron was hit fat. Think I had too many swing thoughts going on. My 3/4 and half shots were good and bump and runs worked real well. Driver distance is concerning. In the summer I was about 270 with max of 300. Now, I am barely touching 230. I get the cold and wet grass probably are discouraging me but I also worry my inch short shaft now is too stiff and if I should try to swap it with CPO for a stiff of the same. Also sadly, battling some tendinitis above my elbow and gonna take some time off. So much for my swing speed work. Maybe I can use this time to work on short game and proper hip rotation drills. Also really thinking about the top of my bag. The 3H isn’t cutting it ( avg only 150 with it today which is my 8i distance and I struggle with fairway woods, may come down to practice with it more) and the 2 DI I need more practice with. 

I went through and am still somewhat going through a major decrease in distance. During the summer, I averaged around 240 off the tee and could hit some up to 270. For a while, the ball would only go 200 and I couldn't wrap my head around what was going on. During that period, I would hit a 7 iron and sometimes it would go only like a 100 yards even on what i thought was a decent strike (my 7 iron was normally my 155 to 165 club). I was like what in the f is going on. I fixed a few things and am no longer on that low extreme end but distances are still a bit shorter than what i would expect, even in the cold weather. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Not a good ball striking day today.  Was a bit cold out and so was my game.  83.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

5 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

Crazy game for sure.  There are periods when it feels so natural and the swing mechanics automatic.  Then the periods when you feel like chopping firewood would yield better results come from, seemingly, out of nowhere.  As for the elbow tendonitis, rest will help but you might also consider a pressure band. I started using this one about 1-1/2 years ago and it works great.

image.png.1ecfc9f4483198752b6d91268ca9b407.png

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I am not a sir... I am El Conquistador.   

And here I thought you were the "Most Distinguished Gentleman". Oops sorry that's different thread.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

56 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Crazy game for sure.  There are periods when it feels so natural and the swing mechanics automatic.  Then the periods when you feel like chopping firewood would yield better results come from, seemingly, out of nowhere.  As for the elbow tendonitis, rest will help but you might also consider a pressure band. I started using this one about 1-1/2 years ago and it works great.

image.png.1ecfc9f4483198752b6d91268ca9b407.png

Thanks for rec. it’s actually above the elbow. I think it happened from doing fast pushups as part of my SS training

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

34 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

And here I thought you were the "Most Distinguished Gentleman". emoji41.pngOops sorry that's different thread.

That thread was started before I was a member, but I like the sentiment!  Thanks!

On 12/23/2020 at 11:20 AM, Alf. S said:

It has been a pretty wet Autumn in Scotland this year and our course has struggled. We have 5 holes that don't drain very well in the Winter so the club use a slightly different layout in Winter we play a course layout called Kinglass. They maintain 6 greens for Winter keeping to the top of the course and take off 6 Summer holes. Even doing this they have struggled to keep 18 holes open and we've been only playing 11 holes. 

First round yesterday for 2 weeks of 18 and managed a 4 over par 68, couldn't make a putt all day. 4 bogies and 14 pars. Bogeyed 4, an easy par 5 with a litany of errors, bunkerd off the tee, under club my approach, over hit my chip. 10 got a flyer on approach, good chip then missed putt from 6 feet. 14 is a hard hole but got away with hitting a double cross 3h approach and saved a bogey. Then 17 is a birdie chance hole normally for me, 10 yds short with drive but short sided, hit the chip heavy and 3 putted. 

Out again today for my last round before Xmas, 35'F but no frost on the ground so should have a good day.

BTW the round yesterday did not go as planned +11 front 9 +8 back 9 +3. Main problem was my approach play, only 5 GIR  and again not holing a lot,  32 putts with 3 or 4 really bad lip outs. You know the ones, where you are on your way to pick the ball out the hole and it ends up doing a 180 on you.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag